[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this new season of South Park to a non-american
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: PC bro.jpg (123 KB, 409x404) Image search: [Google]
PC bro.jpg
123 KB, 409x404
Seriously, WTF is going on?

What is Sodasopa? Why we are suppused to hate it when it looks so cool?

What the hell with the cops episode? What were they trying to convey? "Some well meaning cops might fuck up, and the the population will all go after him and the other cops, but even if some cops are scum, you need them to do the drity work"?

And wasnt we suppused to not side with PC Principal?

Why /co/ was wishing for the Creek episode to mock shippers, but them all out a sudden is shipping them now?
>>
>>77911960
Sodosopa is southern downtown south park. It's a gentrified place that you hate because it's expensive and filled with white hipsters.

The cops was saying how we overreact and hate all cops when they shoot an innocent but we ignore that they just really hate minorities when it's convenient because they get rid of the homeless l

We don't know yet but if he is against Leslie and he did best up cartman he can't be all bad

And /co/ is fucking gay as fuck.
>>
File: 1449117584773.png (962 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449117584773.png
962 KB, 1280x720
Boy love is the purest love.

Sodosopa [SOuth of DOwntown SOuth PArk]
>>
>>77911960
I'm not american and i got all the refferences, how stupid are you?
>>
File: dont hurt my feelings.jpg (27 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
dont hurt my feelings.jpg
27 KB, 320x320
>>77911960
It's about people getting mad at stupid shit, and it's usually those same faggots like those background hipsters that usually lead the charge.
>>
>>77912187
Where are you from?

Because really, I never saw the term "sodosopa" before.

And I am not exactly a reclusive guy, or strange to foreign sites.

>>77912131
/co/ go full tumblr on the drop of a hat? I mean, this ship started there right?
>>
>>77912296
>/co/ go full tumblr on the drop of a hat? I mean, this ship started there right?
No you fucking retard. The ship has existed before tumblr was even a thing. God damn why is it that people who just scream tumblr out every post are the stupidest mother fuckers on this site
>>
>>77912384
>Implying that I have any problem regarding tumblr.

Just found it funny, because on the threads before the episode everybody was "lol they will mock the shippers so based!"
>>
>>77911960
Matt and Trey telling off the PC puritans.
>>
>>77911960
>Seriously, WTF is going on?
Matt and Trey making fun of several groups of people, as they have always done.

>What is Sodasopa? Why we are suppused to hate it when it looks so cool?

Its cool looking, the problem is that it inflates the costs of living of everything, look up the word Gentrification, Randy has mentioned it several times already.

>What the hell with the cops episode? What were they trying to convey? "Some well meaning cops might fuck up, and the the population will all go after him and the other cops, but even if some cops are scum, you need them to do the drity work"?

You got the first half right, some cops do fuck up, and some people go ape shit over it and start a huge outrage campaign over it, see Ferguson.

The people in charge still want to have their cake and eat it too, meaning they want to be able to have people to do the jobs they dont like while still trying to feel morally superior.

>And wasnt we suppused to not side with PC Principal?

Do you think you need to side with an asshat that resorts to violence when you disagree with anything he says?

>Why /co/ was wishing for the Creek episode to mock shippers, but them all out a sudden is shipping them now?
Cause /co/ is gay and has always been gay.
>>
SoDoSoPa = South of Downtown South Park. Parody of gentrified poor neighborhoods in large cities. The joke is that South Park is a hick town and the only thing close to a ghetto it has is Kenny's house, yet they still managed to turn it into a gentrified ghetto neighborhood for hipster white people.

People overreact to police mistakes, is the basic gist of it.

PC Principle is an asshole. Assholes are common to South Park, he's just a different type of asshole than they've had before, spoofing the current trend of hyper-aggressive PC police.

/co/ is not one person. The people who wanted mockery lost interest when they didn't get what they wanted and the homo shippers started dominating discussion.
>>
I don't see how people haven't gotten the PC principal thing yet. He is an Ad. He doesn't know he is an Ad but he is. His whole PC views is just a distraction from maybe his creator Leslie? Or maybe he is independent from Leslie. Think of what's his face from Terminator Salvation. Even though he was a Terminator, and found out he was one, he still helped destroy Skynet.

>>77912296
Sodadopa is just a "Fancy" stupid name for a renovated upperclassmen historical sites. That's it. If you haven't heard it before then you haven't been watching this season of Southpark
>>
>>77912527

>whine about criticism
>whine about anti-criticism

Lol hacks.
>>
i'll tell you one thing

[Spoiler]After that episode i looked up self tuning guitars

FFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuu..........
>>
>>77912296
it was an /a/ joke really
>>
File: prince OP.jpg (79 KB, 746x569) Image search: [Google]
prince OP.jpg
79 KB, 746x569
I'm from a third world shithole and I've got it all, are you really this stupid, OP?
>>
>>77911960
Southpark jumped the shark a while back. They keep making shitty episodes and edgy kids keep saying it's still funny, but it isn't.
>>
>>77912215

>That pic

My sides left and never came back
>>
>mfw I love the gentrified areas of cities
Senior year my parents moved me to that part of a city and it was fucking great, I love going back home
>>
>>77913280
(you)
>>
>>77913230
need me to donate you anything bro?
>>
SoDoSoPa looks cool but it kinda fucks shit up for the people who were already living there. Like how where I live in NYC, Williamsburg was a shit hole where all the broke artists and "cool crowd" lived. Slowly gets known as the hipster place, more and more people move in, place gets nicer and nicer with artisan cheese shops and weird indie art galleries, but this also causes the prices to rise and the original broke people who lived there have to leave. I forsee that in 5-10 years everyone will be bailing to Harlem or Buschwick.

Or for an even better example, look at San Francisco before and after Silicon Valley happened. They have a fucking ridiculous homeless problem there.
>>
>>77913775
>someone has taste, better act like they are trolling

Sorry bud, Southpark lost a lot of it's humor, it used to be about funny, ridiculous shit that came out of left field. Now? Every show is just whatever axe they want to grind about how society is stupid because it doesn't agree with them all the time.

Plus, Southpark fanboys are the absolute worst. Any criticism is met with "hurr ur just a dumb librul butthurt, burrhurt, durr." making it impossible to convince these mouth breathers that the show has lost everything which made it good in the first place.
>>
>>77911960
For Sodasopa a real world present day example is NYC re branding the South Bronx as the Piano District in order to encourage people with money to invest in the area and kickout all the hiv infected whores and thugs.
>>
>>77914836
Oh boohoo, poor hiv infected whores and thugs
>>
>>77913230
>not linking the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ThHHOxlck
>>
File: landwhale fighting patriarchy.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
landwhale fighting patriarchy.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
>>77914553
>mouth breathers
gotta be more discreet, tumblr.
>>
>>77913555
>my parents moved me
fucking faggot
>>
>>77915128
Was underage
>>
>>77913555
Must be nice coming from a rich family. However, when my rent shot up from $1200 for a one bedroom to $1700, I was sorta pissed off at these hipster fucks.
>>
>>77911960
>What is Sodasopa?

It's gentrification. Taking a rundown part of a city and upping property values through various means. It does benefit the city by bringing in more tax revenue, but for people who were originally living there (i.e. poor people) have to move because it's too expensive, which basically just pushes the problem somewhere else.

>What the hell with the cops episode? What were they trying to convey?
Police shoot black people who do crimes. Practically what do you want cops to do with people who don't comply with police instructions or charge at police?

>And wasnt we suppused to not side with PC Principal?

PC Principal is a parody of SJWs. He isn't a bad person, in fact he wants to be a good person, but he's acting foolishly and way too aggressively. He means well, though, even if his methods suck or his beliefs are wrong.

>Why /co/ was wishing for the Creek episode to mock shippers, but them all out a sudden is shipping them now?

Shipping is addictive.
>>
File: mfw.png (372 KB, 600x490) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
372 KB, 600x490
>>77915248
>PC Principal is a parody of SJWs.
I'm surprised there aren't any edits of their PC song but with faces of prominent SJWs edited over.
>>
>>77914553
ahaha cry more liberal fag im sure your degree in liberal arts/women's studies/English will certainly help you in life ahahahahah qq bitch
>>
>>77912296
>Because really, I never saw the term "sodosopa" before.
You clearly didn't pay attention to the episode.

"SoDoSoPa" isn't a term. It's an acronym of sorts for SOuth of DOwntown SOuth PArk. They explain it in the episode.
>>
>>77912296
>I mean, this ship started there right?

you can find Creek art on DeviantArt from like, 2003
>>
as a white male your assumption that I can not empathize with minority groups makes me feel marginalized
>>
>>77913280
Oh sweet you're PC, bro?
>>
>>77916044
too bad white males aren't a marginalized group, friendo
>>
File: PC Brofessor Melissa Click.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
PC Brofessor Melissa Click.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
>>77913280
This is the best season they've ever had. And not just because of the PC stuff, it's the first time they've had a good plot going all season long instead of just individual episodes.
>>
>>77912296
>this ship started there

My God you are fucking new. It started on pixiv back in season 4 when a bunch of horny Japanese fujoshis started shipping them.
>>
>>77911960
>What is Sodasopa?
You can't describe Sodasopa. You can't describe it's many gourmet fusion restaurants or lively, diverse crowd. You have to live Sodasopa.
>>
We're supposed to be explaining to OP about this season of South Park and we're talking about a fanfiction pairing, one that didn't show up here as much until very recently.

Creek confirmed for ads.
>>
>>77916522
I feel that is a very ignorant opinion on the topic...really lacking in self awareness... it isnt up to you to decide for others whether they are being marginalized or not...you need to understand how damaging it can be to individuals when you use stereotypes based on the group as a whole...ok, bro?
>>
PC Principal is far more likable than any real SJW you will ever meet.

And he beats up children.
>>
>>77917509
>PC Principal is far more likable than any real SJW you will ever meet.
And he also appears to have great hygiene/health, which is extremely unusual for them. A lot of the people who are actually SJW (not just people called it as an insult, people actually promoting themselves with the term) are often wheezing whales who would have extreme difficulty lifting even the tiniest set of weights, and just call people oppressive or racist when they comment on their breath, teeth, hair, or B.O. In public, it is very painful to be around such people, and this is the only reason I can even tell who they are.
>>
Okay, so here's a rundown of the current season of South Park.

It begins with Principal Victoria being fired and replaced by PC Principal, whose first (and seemingly only) priority is to make South Park a more progressive, more tolerant city. He (and other members of the PC fraternity house, which comes to include Randy Marsh) makes a point of this through targeting and harassing Kyle, who until the end of the first episode refuses to accept that Caitlyn Jenner is a stunning and brave woman.

Mr. Garrison, meanwhile, becomes enraged at the number of illegal immigrants coming across the border from Canada to America. He manages to rally enough support from others in South Park to fuck the illegals to death over in Canada, going so far as to rape their new President, who looks similar to but is legally distinct from Donald Trump. After raping Canadian Trump to death, Garrison moves on from South Park to run for President of America; Caitlyn Jenner is his running mate.

Following national ridicule of South Park by Jimmy Fallon due to Garrison's campaign, the city council has no other way to improve the city's image other than to get a Whole Foods. To do this, they gentrify the area in which Kenny and his family live into SoDoSoPa, in the hopes that a visiting Whole Foods representative would be impressed. This comes to the chagrin of Mr. Kim and his now-failing City Wok restaurant, leading him to gentrify the area where he works as Shi Tpa Town, where the Whole Foods eventually goes; SoDoSoPa is abandoned almost immediately.
>>
>>77917867
At some point, Yelp and Yelp reviewers become as important to a restaurant's reputation as any professional food critique. This newfound power gets to the heads of Yelpers, to the point that not only do they believe they need special treatment at restaurants, they come to conclude that they each are the most influential Yelper in South Park. This eventually leads to the restaurants fighting back, though this only further leads to violence from the Yelpers, eventually culminating in a two-step plan: 1.) The Mayor authorizes each individual Yelper as the "most elite", and 2.) The Yelper Special, where the restaurants coat food in bodily substances such as boogers and cum.

Later, Cartman becomes distressed by comments left on his Yelp profile picture that insult and mock him. To promote a safe space for Cartman, PC Principal enlists the help of Butters to help filter comments. After finding that it is successful, PC Principal continues having Butters filter comments for others, including Steven Seagal, Demi Lovato, and Vin Diesel. It comes to a point that a man who calls himself "Reality" interrupts a charity dinner to lay down hard truths about the nature of safe spaces being a security blanket for people living in denial; afterwards, he is publicly executed by hanging.

PC Principal arranges a presentation of the Asian art of yaoi, at which a large amount of artwork shipping Tweek and Craig is presented. Despite their protestations, nobody will accept that the two are not actually gay, going so far as to give them money simply because they are gay. After realizing that their "relationship" is what supports the happiness of the town, the two have no choice but to keep up the charade, much to the delight of others.
>>
>>77917884
At a school assembly, PC Principal calls the police on one of the students who has been speaking to other students during assemblies in previous episodes. Officer Barbrady accidentally shoots a minority student in the confusion of the event, leading to him being fired. This leads to the other police in South Park refusing to do their jobs because of the notion that they could be fired as well, which further eventually leads to the citizens of South Park actively protesting the police, feeling that they don't even need cops anymore. However, after Kenny and other children in South Park begin dressing up as ninjas to scare off homeless people from SoDoSoPa/Kenny's house and are subsequently mistaken for an ISIS sect, the people of South Park request Barbrady's help to shoot them, not being willing to shoot children themselves. However, Randy realizes in the nick of time that the kids are only playing ninja, leading him to chase down Barbrady and tackle him, which leads to an accidental misfire that ends in another minority child being shot and wounded. Barbrady is fired and investigated. During this investigation, Barbrady is informed by a mysterious G-Man figure that he is being enlisted to help fight against the numerous changes being made to South Park; he is then questioned about Leslie, the girl on whom PC Principal called the police earlier in the episode.
>>
South Park makes fun of everyone.

If you don't get it then it's probably making fun of YOU.
>>
>>77917907
PC Principal, meanwhile, finds himself at an impasse when he is put up against Jimmy, editor of the school paper, who believes in freedom of the press regardless of whether or not feelings are hurt. Being accused of ableism, PC Principal hosts a party for disabled people at the frat house, only for Jimmy to put out a slam piece the next day that "PC" stands for "Pussy Crusher" due to the focus from other frat members on having sex. When an advertising representative for GEICO comes to Jimmy's house and offers millions of dollars if he reprints sponsored content in the school paper, he refuses; the representative threatens Jimmy with a gun, only to be shot himself by Barbrady. Barbrady takes Jimmy to the G-Man from before, revealing himself to be a former newscaster. He and other newsmen have noticed that online advertisements have become more and more intelligent, to the point that they have now become human. Jimmy comes face to face with an advertisement: Leslie. PC Principal also comes face to face with an advertisement: Himself. Meanwhile, at a Presidential debate, Principal Victoria informs Mr. Garrison about the changes that have been made to South Park, and that they are all part of a plan from people much higher than any of them.
>>
>>77917924
In last Wednesday's episode, it is revealed that not only have Jimmy and Leslie gone missing, but PC Principal as well, with a cover-up story printed in the school newspaper. Attempts from Stan and Kyle to discover the truth meet dead ends, from attempting to talk with Nathan, the new editor of the paper, and from doing their own independent research, which only results in them being distracted by online advertisements that send them on shopping sprees. Mr. Garrison and Principal Victoria arrive back in South Park and abduct Randy, explaining the national and international reach of the politically-correct movement and its gentrification efforts. They seek out PC Principal, only to find that the PC frat house has been abandoned (under the guise of the frat members going on a hunger strike in their safe space). Seeking more information, they too end up distracted by online advertisements. Meanwhile, Jimmy comes to accept Leslie as being more than an advertisement, helping her to escape, only to be betrayed when attempting to confront Nathan. At the end of the episode, Leslie comes to Kyle's house to ask for his help to reveal the truth; he accepts.

And that leaves us here, awaiting the 9th of December for the season finale.

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>77917941
whats wrong with you
>>
>>77918039
I was bored.
>>
>>77913230
The southern US?
>>
File: am i kawai uguu.jpg (1 MB, 1840x2342) Image search: [Google]
am i kawai uguu.jpg
1 MB, 1840x2342
>>77917509
Because he looks more natural than these anime wannabes.
>>
I just want to see how much Randy is going to get fucked over. I was waiting for the gentrification issues to bite him.
>>
You know what this thread needs? More pictures of qt boys.
>>
>>77913280
>still watches a show that has "jumped the shark"

and then there's this faggot
>>
File: 1423007279576.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1423007279576.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>77912116
Tbqh the SJWs hate minorities too, ever notice how people who vocally are pro-immigrant never have to live in the same neighbourhood as them?

Face it, SJWs think of minorities and mere means to further the ends of their own self-righteousness and sanctioned bullying. Whenever one disagrees with them they simply cry 'internalised racism' (which is basically shorthand for "shut your mouth nigger, you don't know shit") to shut them down.

Breddy racids if you ask me.
>>
Should I bother catching up with this Season m8s?
>>
>>77912795
the PC crowd does a lot worse than just critique people.
>>
>>77923285
YES
>>
>>77914836
Better example around here is there is a place in Charlotte called "NoDa", ironically there's also a neighborhood called South Park but it's actually a pretty rich area with a fancy mall.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.