[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about Cyclops. To all you guys saying Cyclops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
Let's talk about Cyclops.

To all you guys saying Cyclops was wrong, what do you suggest he should've done differently?

Not sanction X-Force?
Destroyed the Phoenix Force?
>>
not get written by Bendis
>>
>>77909925
Not attack the Avengers. Cooperate with them.
Not create an imaginary boogeyman to justify his revolution. Work on politics instead.
Not try to compete with the other school. Work on protecting them instead.
Not attack the Inhumans. Work with them instead.
>>
>>77909998
aw, close but no cigar
let's see what kind of faggot got the gets again
>>77909999
>>
>>77910048
There is major obstacle. Marvel editiorial and Perlmutter. Also, hero vs hero sells.
>>
>>77909925
Not cheat with someone when he was married. Twice
>>
File: Dr_Bong.jpg (73 KB, 239x212) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Bong.jpg
73 KB, 239x212
Cyclops is crazy.

But who can blame him? His entire life has been a cartoon version of a Greek tragedy, from the moment he fell out of that plane. Orphaned, cursed with powers that are fucked up, preyed upon by a pasty freak in tassels, recruited by a bald mind controlling weirdo, trained to lead a bizarro paramilitary team, dead girlfriend, clone of dead girlfriend for his wife, who he abandons (along with his kid) when his dead girlfriend shows up again, then he has to fight his insane clone wife to the death, and his son is infected with space aids and has to get sent into the future, forced to deal with his cranky septugenarian advanced aged cyborg son, shunted into the future with his new wife to raise said son, possessed by his son's nemesis, seduced by an old enemy, wife is dead again, identity threatened when an Avenger goes crazy and cuts the mutant population by 90%, students keep getting attacked and killed...

Cyclops isn't right... in the head. But I can't blame him. I don't think anyone rightfully can.
>>
>>77910439
We are all insane.
>>
File: Theking6.jpg (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Theking6.jpg
17 KB, 640x480
>>77910552
I dunno I think I'm pretty sane, if a bit silly and lazy
>>
>>77910439

Pfft, and that's just covering his first kid, don't forget about his estranged alternate future timeline daughter who took up his dead love's mantle. The alternative timeline son who sacrificed himself to save the world from other trans-dimensional aliens. His long lost brother who... ended up getting sucked into another alternate univ... I'm sensing a theme here.
>>
>>77910598
Only insane person doesn't doubt his/her sanity.
>>
>>77910439
>>77910749
You guys are forgetting space emperor brother who got wrecked by his newest enemy, BB.

Also the time he died in space, got brought back, tortured, all for the sake of the people who now hate him because he killed someone while high on his dead wife, after that same dude tried to mind rape him because he somehow forgot that never worked all the other times.
>>
>>77910439
Is there an X-Men who has had it really easy? I mean someone who has minor tragedies and somehow always manages to get the best of every fucked up situation?
>>
>>77911224
Nope. What makes them unique is that they are bullied by everyone.
>>
>>77911224
Has shit really gotten bad for Storm, Kitty, Bobby, or Beast until recently? I think Logan dying was the closest personal tragedy. Even now all they're doing is fighting the usual, with an added bonus of demons. Beast even ranked up as Inhuman scientist, Kitty is space waifu, and Storm is the now undisputed leader of the X-men. All their tragedies seem more group related than personal.
>>
>>77911628
Didn't Storm used to live on the streets of some african shithole as a kid?

Beast has his whole blue furred monster thing going, which can't be easy all the time.

Dunno about Kitty and Bobby, but then I don't know much about those characters to begin with.
>>
>>77911628
Kitty used to be one of the worst victims of superhero tragedy in Marvel. Pretty much all her close friends and lovers died at some point. This is one of the reasons why Mekanix was so good. Of course, her downfall started when Colossus came back and since then, every single one of her dead friends has come back. Nowadays only her father and Wolverine are dead for her. And the most she has reacted to Wolverine was to scream at Quill for comparing himself to the Sniktbub.
>>
>>77911628
Storm's parents were killed by an airstrike and she was buried in the rubble next to them
>>
>>77911691
>>77911716
>>77911719
>recently
>>
>>77911937
>until recently
>>
>>77911716
There's also one big irony in the fact that she left the X-Men because of all these tragedies but waifuing brought her back for no reason. Now that all of her friends came back, the X-Men was suddenly a nice place to be again but waifuing made her leave again.
>>
>>77910048
He didn't attack the Avengers, they came to his home with an entire army of superhumans and quinjets and were ready to attack his people if he refused to give them his granddaughter.

He did not try to compete with the Jean Grey School, he offered some of their students a chance to join his school (since a bunch of them were there against their will anyway, the Avengers did arrest them all on Utopia and held them against their will at the Avengers Academy and eventually they all just got dropped off at JGS when the Phoenix 5 fell)

The Inhumans dropped a bomb on the planet that forces people to become Inhumans, and sterilizes and kills mutants. They refuse to admit that Black Bolt is responsible for this atrocity and hold him accountable for his actions. Also we don't know what Cyclops actually did when he attacked the Inhumans because of the shitty time skip
>>
>>77914130
>They refuse to admit that Black Bolt is responsible for this atrocity and hold him accountable for his actions

Everybody thought he was dead for a long time. Only the Illuminati knew he was alive. Even now nobody knows where he stays since he was kicked out.
>>
I want to know what team he took to fight the Inhumans and which inhumans fought him.
>>
>>77911691
>Beast has his whole blue furred monster thing going, which can't be easy all the time.
I thought he pulled mad bitches because of his mutant pheromones.
>>
>>77914130
>and were ready to attack his people if he refused to give them his granddaughter.

To be fair, she was kind of turning people into monsters against their will.
>>
>>77914248
He's come back to New Attilan several times to save their asses. If Medusa really wanted she could hold him prisoner and give him over to a world court.

But she still thinks Inhumans are superior to humanity, that they are above human laws, because their civilization is older and more powerful. So she just lets Black Bolt go free to do whatever he pleases
>>
>>77914130
>They refuse to admit that Black Bolt is responsible for this atrocity and hold him accountable for his actions

They removed him from power, Medusa divorced him, and kicked him out. Everybody knows he is responsible, the masses just go Inhumans but everybody who knows the inhumans by name knows it was black bolt.
>>
>>77914248
>Only the Illuminati knew he was alive
Man, that shit is hilarious. Cap was hunting down the Illuminati, Beast even went to fucking Scott for sanctuary, and now they all get to do whatever they want. It's like once you get that Avengers membership, you'll never have to worry about anything. Fucking Sabretooth got in one of the teams just because he was mindraped by one of them. I don't even think he spent much time in jail either.
>>
>>77914613
So why isn't he being hunted by SHIELD anymore?

The masses don't know that Black Bolt intentionally unleashed the mists on the world so that he could bolster Inhuman numbers. And even though M-Pox is an unintended side effect he's still responsible for the deaths of anyone affected (not to mention the Nuhumans who don't survive terrigenesis)
>>
>>77909925
Cooperate more with the other mutants, specifically Logan. Instead of being the big leader, set himself up as first among equals.

Also not abandon his wife and infant son in a cabin in Alaska to reunite with his childhood crush.
>>
>>77914537
The first time she didn't expect and bb isn't someone you can take down when you don't expect him. Second and third was because of Ahura she even let the Unspoken back in when he said he knew about black bolt. Nobody knows where black bolt lives and if the solicits are anything to go by it isn't simply a place on earth.

>>77914698
Is there anything saying he isn't? Personally I would prefer the Inhumans get pressured into taking him down by the muggas to avoid war.
>>
>>77914621
Cap only hates tony. Everybody else can get away with genocide.
>>
>>77909925
>Not sanction X-Force?
if he didn't, wouldn't wolverine just do it anyways?
>>
>>77914899
Wasn't Wolverine oblivious to what was going on in SHIELD until Cyclops told him about it?
>>
>>77914822
>Is there anything saying he isn't?
Beast, Tony, Strange, and Amadeus Cho are all operating in public without anyone breathing down their necks for being Illuminati and it's not like SHIELD had been trying to track down Black Bolt for any of his other crimes before Cap sicced them on the Illuminati
>>
>>77914621
There's an issue where some mutie yells at Scarlet Witch for,you know, eliminating all mutants. Captain America says "she's an avenger, we take care of our own and we'll deal with it on our own" and hassles the mutants for, you know, being mutants.

And naturally they never did shit to scarlet witch.

Fucking Iron Man was directly responsible for every death during the Civil War, the rise of Norman Osborn, the hiring of a Nazi scientist and cloning of Thor (remember? thor himself calls him a little man and threatens to kill him if he tries it again?).

But he forgot.

So Thor offers him all the treasures of Asgard to help him get on his feet and everyone else acts like it never happened.
>>
>>77910048
>Not attack the Avengers. Cooperate with them.
Maybe they shouldn't have come invading his home with an army of supers trying to take his granddaughter
>>
>>77914949
Couldn't say, but Wolverine formed the other X-Force to kill children after Cyclops' shut down the last one.
>>
>>77911224

Bobby. I don't think anything tragic has ever really happened to him.
>>
>>77915098
He was turned gay by a mind warper.
>>
>>77910439
>>77910749
>>77911048
Someone should make an animated series that covers ALL OF THIS at breakneck speeds
>>
>>77914953
>Beast, Tony, Strange, and Amadeus Cho are all operating in public without anyone breathing down their necks for being Illuminati
And black bolt lives in the Twilight zone hiding from something. Honestly it has to be something. I can't imagine he would be off the grid if nobody was looking for him.
>>
>>77915281
He's got some beef with Kang, the time dude.

He gave Kang his kid to protect before the universe ended. Since he survived the end of the universe he tried to get his kid back. So Kang rewrote history so Medusa and Johnny Storm were lovers.
>>
>>77914756
>first among equals
that's always been skeev talk for big leader
>>
>>77915339
>kekked by kang
>>
File: This is your home now blackagar.jpg (197 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
This is your home now blackagar.jpg
197 KB, 900x1366
>>77915339
That is probably it. Where he lives is shown in chapter 5, after the Kang fight.
>>
>>77914130
>>77914989
That granddaughter thing you bring up is hilarious. Cyclops never considered Hope anything more than a tool to achieve his objective. He completely forogt she exists after AvX.
>>
>>77915458
Its hilarious how you concentrated on that and forgot the fact that captain america brought an army to invade his island and threaten his people
>>
File: 4VEK90l.jpg (410 KB, 1024x1621) Image search: [Google]
4VEK90l.jpg
410 KB, 1024x1621
>>77915397
He might have made up the place himself, as apparently his voice when focused is powerful enough to cut through time and space.
>>
>>77915458
Because she disappeared to join her father's X-Force and was in a coma for months
>>
>>77915552
>yelling another hole in the universe
That seems like a terrible Idea and would get the Ultimates on his ass.
>>
>>77915552
>create a dangerous space/time vagina
>Tony immediately fists it
Lol
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.