[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come All-New X-Factor was canceled but Spider-Man 2099 got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
How come All-New X-Factor was canceled but Spider-Man 2099 got to stay? This book had MUCH better art, writing actually moved forward and characters were allowed to bounce off of each other, which is what PAD excels at. It was amazing. I'm not saying Miguel's current book is bad but it's definitely worse and IIRC ANXF was better in terms of sales, too.
>>
>>77904941
Marvel's one true desire is to ruin everything related to the X-Men.
>>
Nice job being friend, Cypher.
>>
The answer is always sales. ANXF was doing cancellation numbers, 2099 wasn't.
>>
>>77904941
Spidey 2099 has "Spider-man" in the title.
>>
>>77904941
>ANXF was better in terms of sales
Not even close. 2099 literally sold twice as much as ANXF. By ANXF's last number it was selling over twice as much.
>>
>>77904941
ANXF was selling ~22k per issue. 2099 was selling ~45k per issue.
>>
>>77905059
>>77905567
>>77905760
Well, shit. But how?
>>
>>77905832
What do you mean how? One is a Spider-man book, the other was an x-factor relaunch, which has never sold above low 20ks. X-factor ALWAYS skirted the cancellation line and was only ever able to avoid cancellation because it sold consistently and PAD is a Marvel mainstay so they didn't mind keeping it around so PAD would have something to do.
>>
>>77904941
Cypher's a robophile?
>>
>>77904941
Where did he put his dick?
>>
>>77905832
Gambit isn't pulling number like 20 years ago.
>>
>>77904941

DON'T DATE ROBOTS
>>
File: 1364234329898.jpg (19 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1364234329898.jpg
19 KB, 500x367
>>77904941
Maybe it lacked the X-Factor
>>
I miss this book but I miss Madrox more.
>>
>>77905953
Those fuckers just tearing X-Factor away from him.
The guy was fucking shaken after the fact. He'd been writing that franchise for about 10 years and it was really close to his heart. To think that they cancelled that series without any sort of pressing urgency is just fucking terrible.

Man, I'm actually getting full mad all over again.
>>
>>77906009
She's a walking holodeck. Her entire body is a hard light construct. She actually mentioned in the previous issue that she can easily replicate the neccessary anatomy.
>>
>>77904941
Please don't remind me. One of the more recent cancellations I was very unhappy about.
>>
Losing X-Factor, X-Force, She-Hulk and Elektra all around the same time was what pushed me to drop Marvel.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.