[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adventure Time "The More You Moe, the Moe You Know" thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 93
File: tumblr_nyr1zlanVC1rwtssmo1_1280.png (353 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyr1zlanVC1rwtssmo1_1280.png
353 KB, 750x1050
Today's the half-hour BMO special guys! What are you expecting, will it be good? Looking at Herpich's preview comics it looks like it will really be at least a good bit about Moe's backstory and how he created BMO and probably other MOs.

Also there are two parts to the comic so be sure to look at the staff tumblr
http://kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/134422017604/wolfhard-the-more-you-moe-the-moe-you-know
>>
Shit, I didn't even knew there was an Adventure Time episode tonight.

Glad to know.
>>
>>77903078
I'm one of those guys who don't even like BMO (yes we exist), but I'm really looking forward to this special, especially since I appreciated "Football" a lot.
I hope they won't disappoint me, also I'd like to know if Moe was born before or after the war.
>>
>>77903119
CN has a shitty advertisement policy and this is what's actually killing most shows, AT included.
>>
>>77903119
Didn't know either, I feel like they're doing the best to kill the show before 2017.
>>
>>77903078
Genderfluid multiheadspace robot thing is made by Jews.
Of course.
>>
>>77903119
I thought it was just gonna be another christmas special to be honest.

They've advertised "New Adventure Time" episode, but it basically amounted to Fin and Jake playing in the snow.

Still it being about BMO and Moe? I might be able to get behind that.
>>
>>77903579
>of course
You sound surprised, as if this is news?
>>
>>77903604
I believe there aren't many other scenes they can show without the context killing it, so they put the snow scene there.
>>
File: 1448934957046.png (428 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
1448934957046.png
428 KB, 1280x1810
>nobody leaked the episodes
How am I supposed to watch with my fellow /co/mrades now, I'm a poor European without access to US CN
>>
>Tips menorah

It's CHRISTMAS, Not JUDEMAS ya hooknosed kikes.
>>
>>77903708
waiting for the mega perhaps?
>>
>>77903708
Streams shoulf be up.
>>
>>77903078
yet another backstory episode nobody asked for.
>>
At what time (4chan default time) will it actually air?
>>
File: 1446947539117.jpg (66 KB, 580x298) Image search: [Google]
1446947539117.jpg
66 KB, 580x298
fucking hyped for it
Haters fuck off I waited for years for this backstory on him and Moe
>>
File: tumblr_nyr1zlanVC1rwtssmo2_1280.png (363 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyr1zlanVC1rwtssmo2_1280.png
363 KB, 750x1050
>>77903896
When the board strikes 7:00, or 19:00.
So I guess this is the "talkback" thread, or is this just another thread that'll die or be abandoned for the "real" talkback thread.
>>
>>77904073
Looking at the low activity at the moment I'd say we can use this as a talkback thread, since the theme is the same. If there's some major activity before 19:00 we can make up a talkback thread tho
>>
>>77904073
Quick question, is it 19:00 central time? As a European I'm kinda lost when it comes to the airing times.
>>
I'm looking forward to it. I love Beemo and I love holiday specials. I'm glad we're finally getting another AT holiday special, we haven't had one since Holly Jolly Secrets and Thank You, and both of those were excellent.
>>
File: 1323189155756.jpg (117 KB, 659x1212) Image search: [Google]
1323189155756.jpg
117 KB, 659x1212
>>77904179
4chan time is Eastern Time.
>>
File: 1448620325579.jpg (367 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448620325579.jpg
367 KB, 1280x720
>>77904198
Thanks
>>
File: 1447609523705.gif (3 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1447609523705.gif
3 MB, 300x168
>>77903078
>people still watching AT
>>
File: 0.png (41 KB, 435x550) Image search: [Google]
0.png
41 KB, 435x550
>>77904179
>>77904289
Just uncheck the "convert to local time" option in the setting menu, then look to the earliest post on the top of the board.

You'll know what time it is in 4chan time.
>>
>>77904667
Of course, it's a fucking great show.
>>
File: 1448573221907.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
1448573221907.gif
2 MB, 450x253
>>77904759
>>
>>77904667
>Judging anyone while posting a Jontron gif
>>
Are there any more infos to it? I'm really interested in this episode although I still haven't watched any S7 one.

>>77904792
Jontron is fucking great though
>>
File: 2-gun.png (572 KB, 1035x581) Image search: [Google]
2-gun.png
572 KB, 1035x581
>>77904817
>Not watching AT's revival period

Get on that, they're pretty alright.
>>
>>77904817
>Jontron is fucking great though
Either way, there seems to be this current thing where some guy keeps stirring up shit while posting him. Like that guy who keeps using that one image of Pacha.
>>
>>77904885
To be fair I watched Varmints because I was really into Bonnie and her two-gun. My social life is killing me though, it's the first time in two weeks I've been on /co/. I'll definitely catch on later
>>
>>77904900
Don't know, never paid attention to it. I've seen a faggot trying to derail AT threads some time ago while using Jontron gifs, but I don't know if it's something that happens a lot.
>>
>>77903078
Wow this has been such an important story arc! I mean it only took 2 fucking seasons, but who cares if writers forget shit. Who cares that theyre gonna half ass shit once again. Oh yes Adventure Time fags let us keep sucking on these hipster faggots cocks as if this fucking show even matters anymore
>>
File: 1448397491581.jpg (36 KB, 644x360) Image search: [Google]
1448397491581.jpg
36 KB, 644x360
>>77905009
thanks for bumping
>>
>muh story arcs

I don't give a fuck you smelly nerds

this episode looks good
>>
>>77903078
I feel like this special will be kinda S6-like. Not saying it will necessarily be bad, but rather backstory/lore heavy and without much fun. S7 was really good until now.
>>
>>77905578
Season 6 wasn't particularly lore heavy. And it had some of the best episodes AT ever produced.
>>
>>77904787
It's fucking great, bare a few in season 5, all of the episodes are entertaining.
>>
>>77905596
>And it had some of the best episodes AT ever produced.
You're right, but it also had most of the worst AT episodes so far made. I'm more talking about the style than the amount though, I really wasn't into how S6 (and, to a lesser degree, S5) presented general backstory.
>>
>>77905652
>You're right, but it also had most of the worst AT episodes so far made
No. Only season 5 had bad episodes.

Season 6 has not a single bad one. some are just okay, that's it.
>>
>>77905843
Not the guy you're responding too, but you're an idiot. S6 had some of the worst episodes. The reception for some of them was terrible. S6 was littered with Jesses stupid bullshit.
>>
File: 1443755381009.png (498 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
1443755381009.png
498 KB, 569x629
>>77905843
>Sad Face
>Chips and Ice Crean
>The Diary
>That horrible Finn arc pacing
>>
>>77905939
>S6 had some of the worst episodes.
Can't think of a single one.
>S6 was littered with Jesses stupid bullshit.
What?
>>77905964
>>Sad Face
it's in the okay episode. it's a nice parody of the ol Circus story. Don't get where the hate is coming from
>>Chips and Ice Cream
A very cute episode. Once again, the hate for it make no fucking sense.
>>The Diary
An okay episode. What is wrong with it. I like Jake taking some time with one of his kid.
>>That horrible Finn arc pacing
I don't even know what you are talking about, there.
>>
>>77906049
Sorry m8, but at this point you're just clearly baiting. Even outside /co/ there's a general consensus that one half really liked where S6 was going, while the other one didn't like it at all. And you won't find any people on /co/ telling that S6 was good, really. I'm not even one of those people who hate Breezy that much, but Chips and Ice Cream definitely belongs to the "so bad it needs to be killed" tier.

>>77905964
The Diary was pretty okay, the kitschy pace wasn't well done though.
>>
>>77906188
>Sorry m8, but at this point you're just clearly baiting.
I honestly am not. I enjoyed all of those episode. I wouldn't call them great, but they are all definitely okay.
>And you won't find any people on /co/ telling that S6 was good,
I am. And I can't fathom any good reason to hate it.
>but Chips and Ice Cream definitely belongs to the "so bad it needs to be killed" tier.
Why? this episode is pure cuteness. Seriously, the ate for it make no fucking sense.
>>
>>77906049
>it's in the okay episode. it's a nice parody of the ol Circus story. Don't get where the hate is coming from
Nothing of substance worth remembering, story is sluggish and really should have been spent on developing other things besides this. Jake The Brick and Everything's Jake were leagues better.

>A very cute episode. Once again, the hate for it make no fucking sense.
More like fucking annoying to the bone. Two characters repeating the same phrase over and over the entire episode is not funny. Doesn't help that there wasn't any jokes to make me smile.

>An okay episode. What is wrong with it. I like Jake taking some time with one of his kid.
It felt boring to me. I'll let you have this one but the others are terribad.

>I don't even know what you are talking about, there.
Finn's arm coming back, still not fixing his romance problem, the Martin arc being scattered all over the season, the Orgalorg finish with hem taking a one off joke into a bunch of episodes that didn't deliver.

After being all philosophical with him last season and focusing more on comedy this season they have him in a rough spot overall. I hope they can balance out what he's learned the previous season with a more enthusiastic side of his personality.
>>
>>77906268
>I honestly am not. I enjoyed all of those episode. I wouldn't call them great, but they are all definitely okay.
Then you're either really new here or still trolling. You should know how most of the people feels towards episodes like Breezy, Chips and Ice Cream, and Friends Forever (I think this is how it was called?)

>I am. And I can't fathom any good reason to hate it.
They're generally horribly paced, pretentious as hell and just overall incompatible with the spirit of AT (even if talking about the later seasons' spirit) and just not fun. I'm a big AT fanboy and even I get it.

>Why? this episode is pure cuteness. Seriously, the ate for it make no fucking sense.
It's a really, really annoying episode and just not fun. It's not even one of those pretentious "muh lore/backstory/meta" episodes. It's just, again, annoying and not interesting at all.
I read somewhere when the episode first aired how there were supposed to be subtitles to what the two fucks were actually saying during the episode. It seemed kinda all right compared what we finally got.
>>
>>77906385
The general S6/Orgalorg arg was just terribly paced. What makes me feel sad though is even though S7 is a great improvment atm people still have time to argue about the whole Orgalorg shit. It happened, it was bad and it is over.
>>
>>77905964
The Diary is probably the best AT episode ever made.
Sad Face is also brilliant
>>
>>77906625
The Diary was average and Sad Face slightly underwhelming at best.
>>
>>77906392
>Then you're either really new here or still trolling.
I have been here since way before AT even existed. i have no issue expressing opinions that goes against the main-trend.
>ou should know how most of the people feels towards episodes like Breezy, Chips and Ice Cream, and Friends Forever (I think this is how it was called?)
I know it and it still make no fucking sense. Especially for Friends Forever, especially as, for what I have read so far, it stem from people makaing a point of misunderstanding a single joke that shouldn't even be taken seriously in the first place to call the whole episode garbage.
>They're generally horribly paced, pretentious as hell and just overall incompatible with the spirit of AT
There is nothing pretentious in it at all. Quit on the contrary, they are just silly story. they are the opposite of pretentious, it's just meant to be cute and funny and that's it. Their sily nature fit extremly well with the AT. As for the passing, I'll admit it's slower, (and the main reason it's just an okay episode), but it's in no way bad. James Baxter was bad because it was boring. Neither Sad Face nor Chips and Ice cream are.
>>77906385
>Two characters repeating the same phrase over and over the entire episode is not funny
Here is an hint. the episdoe is not about Chips and Ice Cream, it's about BMO. What make this episode good is how BMO react and deal with them. The humor also stem from How Jake simply does not give a fuck about being cursed and it's driving Finn nuts instead. Not the best or the most original kind of humor, but still well executed enough.
>Finn's arm coming back
Fin's arm evolving into something else. The evolution of his arm is still not over. It is just a step.
>still not fixing his romance problem
It was actually fixed in Breezy.
> the Martin arc being scattered all over the season
Yes, it's called an overarching plot.
>>
>>77906385
>Nothing of substance worth remembering,
It's a filler episode, nothing wrong with that in itself.
>story is sluggish and really should have been spent on developing other things besides this. Jake The Brick and Everything's Jake were leagues better.
I don't mind the passing. It fit the tone of the kind of movies it was parodying, but I guess if you don't like what it was parodying in the first place, you wouldn't like it either. I never called this episode great though and I won't say it's the equal of Jake the brick, but it's in no way bad either.
>, the Orgalorg finish with hem taking a one off joke into a bunch of episodes that didn't deliver.
Taking one-off joke and turning it into something serious is something AT has always done. And the strange nature of Ghunter has always been there. It's in no way something that was mentioned one time. And it did deliver.
>>
Adventure Time never on any of it's seasons followed the main plot directly, it's always been scattered and bring back moments or recalls. We even know the list in which episodes are aired might not even be in chronological order because of the whole King Worm thing.
Why NOW that is a problem?
>>
>>77906734
>I have been here since way before AT even existed. i have no issue expressing opinions that goes against the main-trend.
You're trying to act ignorant then m8.

>I know it and it still make no fucking sense. Especially for Friends Forever, especially as, for what I have read so far, it stem from people makaing a point of misunderstanding a single joke that shouldn't even be taken seriously in the first place to call the whole episode garbage.
I'm not even talking about the supposed SJW gender whatever joke (I believe it's the only one that made me smile in this episode actually), the episode in general was just very mean-spirited. Many think this, and you're concentrating your argument on trolls fucking around people like you instead of people who actually watched the episode. Only the baiters ever gave a fuck about the lamp.

>There is nothing pretentious in it at all. Quit on the contrary, they are just silly story. they are the opposite of pretentious, it's just meant to be cute and funny and that's it. Their sily nature fit extremly well with the AT. As for the passing, I'll admit it's slower, (and the main reason it's just an okay episode), but it's in no way bad. James Baxter was bad because it was boring. Neither Sad Face nor Chips and Ice cream are.
I enjoyed Sad Face (although I found it worse than average desu), but saying that Chips and Ice Cream is more interesting than James Baxter is just bullshit. This episode what the legitimately first time since the first AT episode I had to stop watching because it was really frustrating and annoying. Yes, that episode was silly, but it doesn't mean it was good in any way. I honestly couldn't think about any S5 episode worse than this one, or any episode at all for that matter.

Also not the other anon but
>It was actually fixed in Breezy.
The episode just fucked him up even more.

>Yes, it's called an overarching plot.
It was really badly paced though, and this is the main criticism.
>>
>>77906967
>You're trying to act ignorant then m8.
I am not acting ignorant. i am aware of the hate and always have been. It just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
File: 1446390778421.gif (710 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1446390778421.gif
710 KB, 500x363
>>77906942
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>77906983
?
What wasn't clear?
>>
>>77907001
It's not what people mean by badly paced.
>>
>>77906693
I think you need to watch those two episodes again m8. The Diary is an absolute masterpiece.
>>
>>77907147
I watched them many times just to be sure. Sad Face still isn't good. It's not shit, it's just not good/enjoyable imo. The Diary is on the other hand, but compared to the big majority of really good AT episodes not more than average.
>>
File: mo co.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mo co.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
>>77904029
So have I, that first MO episode was really interesting
>>
>>77906967
>Many think this, and you're concentrating your argument on trolls fucking around people like you instead of people who actually watched the episode. Only the baiters ever gave a fuck about the lamp.
It's not so much that I am concentrating on it, that it's usually the only complain that I see about it.
>was just very mean-spirited.
I am okay with a certain level of mean-spiritness. In the end, the episode end well for me because the Ice-King throw all his mean furnitures out a cliff, as they deserve and Ice King kinda apologies to the magus.
>This episode what the legitimately first time since the first AT episode I had to stop watching because it was really frustrating and annoying
I had fun with BMO and Jake and Finn all reacting differently to C&IC, IMO, especially BMO.

Maybe I am a Jake and you are a Finn?
>I honestly couldn't think about any S5 episode worse than this one, or any episode at all for that matter.
Red Throne is still insufferable to watch for me. So is Frost and Fire. I could watch C&IC any time of the day over those two. The fact is, I could watch them anytime of the day regardless.

>The episode just fucked him up even more.
No, it didn't. Breezy mark the end of the emotional Drama of Finn. From that point on, Finn stopped being an emotional wreck, that's the opposite of "being even more fucked up".

>It was really badly paced though, and this is the main criticism.
I don't know if well placed i s the right term. I mean you see him at the beginning, you see him at the middle of the season and then it focus more on him at the end. It's as well paced as well paced can be.

Though I'd agree there could have been more episodes about him.
>>
>>77907207
Sad Face is super charming, I disagree man. There's something really magical about the ending, with the tail stretching back through the episode

And The Diary is just funny and lovely in the best ways AT can be.
>>
>>77907232
>I am okay with a certain level of mean-spiritness. In the end, the episode end well for me because the Ice-King throw all his mean furnitures out a cliff, as they deserve and Ice King kinda apologies to the magus.
I get your argument, the apology part doesn't make it up for me though. I still feel a huge imbalance, even considering the arguably comfy end.

>I had fun with BMO and Jake and Finn all reacting differently to C&IC, IMO, especially BMO. Maybe I am a Jake and you are a Finn?
As said before, the idea isn't bad at all, and I believe it could have been bareable if they'd put any subtitles to the two things. But I don't get at all how they got through with making the episode like this. Again, it's just annoying. Also it's probably the first time someone ever said I'm a Finn

>Red Throne is still insufferable to watch for me. So is Frost and Fire. I could watch C&IC any time of the day over those two. The fact is, I could watch them anytime of the day regardless.
I in turn don't get much the hate for many of the FP arc episodes. They're not good, but not bad either. Red Throne just has a very bad aftertaste to it. I love episodes like Burning Low or even The Cooler though.

>No, it didn't. Breezy mark the end of the emotional Drama of Finn. From that point on, Finn stopped being an emotional wreck, that's the opposite of "being even more fucked up".
Just because he started looking to get out of the drama doesn't mean he isn't a wreck anymore. He certainly got how he should end this, but he didn't really do much against it in most episodes.

>Though I'd agree there could have been more episodes about him.
This is the problem. He just kinda appeared, did nothing and disappeared soon after, just to show Finn how much of a shitty life he had during this season. I'm not a Martin hater or anything, but I really believe his whole arc was just a lame excuse to put in a new character who's part of his family.
cont
>>
>>77907412
cont
There's no real reason for him to exist and he just came in like
>lol whatevs kid I mean son
went through a
>so you're my son so you certainly won't deny helping me
and then left with
>oh great I'm a god now kthxbye Finn

Most don't hate the idea, they just hate how it was done, and, most of all were disappointed by it.
>>
>>77907474
I actually think what they did with the Dad was really good
His introductory episodes sort of told us he was a piece of shit dad
His second exacerbates his shitty-dadness and makes him a tyranical old testament God
Third appearance shows him being a scoundrel wandering aimlessly
Final appearance explains what he is and how he differs from his son, taking his lack of taking life seriously to its logical conclusion

It was good and honest
>>
>>77907412
>I still feel a huge imbalance
For me, The dick-ish move of the Ice King on the Magus is balanced by how horribly it fire back to him.
>and I believe it could have been bareable if they'd put any subtitles to the two things.
What? No, that would have made the episode worst. The whole point is that you only get their emotional state out o what they are saying. that's part of what make them cute. I strongly disagree, here.
>Again, it's just annoying
Guess it depend of the person, but for me, putting subttlitles for what they were saying would have killed the soul of this episode. All that matter anthat you need to know is that they are two sad being longing to get back home.
> I love episodes like Burning Low or even The Cooler though.
I love those episode too. I don't have any hate for FP. Frost and Fire and Red Throne are just the only two episdoe of At that I don't like and can't put myself to watch again.
>Just because he started looking to get out of the drama doesn't mean he isn't a wreck anymore
He isn't a wreck anymore.
> but he didn't really do much against it in most episodes.
He stopped being a wreck and carried on on his original calling of being an hero.
> He just kinda appeared
Are you talking about the "Escape from the Citadel" episode? He did far more than just appearing. then when he showed up again, it was for Finn to accept who is father actually was and accept he had a shitty relative.

His role in the show was to be someone idealized by the hero who betray him and how he deal with it.
>>
>>77907567
I have this idea that his Cosmic crime and the reason he was jailed was because he managed con a Wishmaster in granting him Two wishes.
>>
>>77904179
Midnight UK time
>>
N-no leak??

:'(
>>
How many minutes left until air?
>>
>>77909718
>>
>>77903078
Does any-one have the mega archive link?
I have missed the entire season to date.
>>
stream?
>>
File: meatman.jpg (44 KB, 352x338) Image search: [Google]
meatman.jpg
44 KB, 352x338
What?! an Adventure Time episode that DIDNT LEAK?!?! what sorcery!!
>>
>>77909754
Torrent
>>
>>77909754
dont bother the new season is shit
>>
Did this thing already air? I miss it?
>>
>>77909989
Yes. it was shit
>>
>>77909989
4 mins senpai
>>
>>77910015
As it goes. Guess I'll wait for Madrista to do his thing.
>>
>dead talkback thread

where did this show go so wrong
>>
its on now!
>>
>>77906049
Jake was the only good part of the Diary but he wasn't enough to save it.

Having Jake's shitty, boring kid star in an episode about an even more shitty, boring side character that goes through mundane teenage drama was like a parody of how this show can devote screentime to shitty characters no one cares about.

Had a sweet title card though, and some of the stuff the mystery gal/Nurse Poundcake said was actually pretty nice, but overall it was crap.
>>
moe is all machine.
>>
>>77910127
Seriously, and I only recently got back into adventure time
>>
>>77903742
dude that aint a jew candle its a kwanza candle.
>>
Guess I'll just wait for Madrista since I didn't even know there was a fucking episode today, much less a two-parter.
>>
>All this talk of getting old
Gee, I wonder what today's theme is...

A trap door! But how!?
>>
>Mo is evil

What a shame.
>>
Pretty creepy episode so far
>>
>>77903078
>the minora you moe
>the minora you know
>>
All MO could be lying.
>>
Yeah it has an eerie feel to it I guess
>>
Good ep so far
>>
>that feel when you're 6 minutes late for an 11 minute show
oh well, mega in a bit
>>
To be honest, when mo said that it a special mission to result in BMO becoming a grownup, combined with the promo image, I was expecting it to turn out that it would be BMO getting a Bar/Bat Mitzvah
this is not a bar/bat mitzvah
>>
>Digital Hangman
I'm dying.

>>77910383
Didn't you hear? It's a half-hour special. Merry Christmas, buddy!
>>
>BMO is special by being an AI that can think on its own
That's cute. We knew that though. At least the episode is cozy.
>>
Just realized how dark hang man is
>>
L O V E

M E
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (72 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
72 KB, 1920x1080
>This episode
>>
>>77910290
Spoiler tags you jerk
>>
The A stands for autistic?
>>
>>77910540
So much for a christmas special.
>>
File: 1437282824771.png (787 KB, 1149x607) Image search: [Google]
1437282824771.png
787 KB, 1149x607
I wasn't expecting this episode to turn out like it did.
>>
Gonna need that mega
>>
File: denniesplz.gif (884 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
denniesplz.gif
884 KB, 500x500
3deep5me
>>
>Or I'm too grown up.
>I think I just killed someone.
>>
>30 minute special that could easily have been one episode
It's lemonhope all over again. But less entertaining and still overly deep.
>>
>>77910627
Killed me.
>>
>"I'm gonna miss you too, BMO"
>>
BMO is dark.
>>
>>77910627
I feel like this is not the first time BMO has killed someone.
>>
Beemo episodes are very good this season.
>>
The episode wasn't what I expected. In fact, it felt creepy as well as giving us a lesson of maturing into adulthood that I haven't seen in any other animated series as the way I've seen tonight.
>>
10/10
the feels
>>
>>77910672
I couldn't argue the point but maybe it's the first Mo he's killed

like I mean, you'd feel bad if you killed a dog by accident, but you wouldn't feel like a murderer
>>
This thread needs more spoiler tags.
>>
File: 1416181803676.png (132 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1416181803676.png
132 KB, 500x367
>>77903078
I thought this season was supposed to get away from all the pseudo-philosophical bullshit. This episode is fucking literally one of the most pretentious episodes yet. There's not a thing wrong with inserting deep and meaningful concepts such as becoming an adult is a child's cartoon, but there is something wrong with fucking outright stating shit because then it just comes off as preachy and the lack of subtlety insult's your intelligence.

Fuck this episode. Merry fucking Christmas, kids.
>>
>>77910740
How about you go watch the fucking episode before coming into the thread and whining?
>>
>>77910750
It didn't add anything to the world either, aside from axing a minor character and probably setting up a future episode where they do something with his memory core.
We could've easily had a touching moment where Mo built BMO or something but it just cut off at the end like that after some DEEP ADULT MESSAGE.
4/10 should've just been 1 episode.
>>
>>77910805
because I live in Australia.
>>
>>77910750

While I liked them both, I would say that this episode is less overtly "pretentious" or whatever than say the episode with the psychic candy-sphinx. That episode was largely conversations about the nature of leadership, whereas this episode did more showing and less telling.
>>
>>77910807
I feel like even the memory core will just become a loose plot thread, we could probably just add that to the list of set up fodder.

Oh, and more shitting on Neptr.
>>
>>77910750
Normally I don't mind the esoteric stuff, but I agree it was way too blatant. I mean, I guess it makes sense because it's BMO piecing things together, but still. It just came off force.
>>
>>77910923
Umm, I'm pretty sure you have it backwards. Goliad was definitely more subtle, not overly more subtle, but still more subtle than this episode.

Admittedly, the apparent subtlety might owe itself to the general lighter tone of Goliad when compared to tonight's episode.
>>
>>77910910
Oh my god I am so sorry. I didn't know.
>>
so adventure time isn't as good as it used to be, but it's still pretty good

This episode of regular show though... What the fuck happened, did they start taking the "regular" part seriously?
>>
>>77911067
With all the insanity in RS I think it deserves some chances just to chill. Think about this:

>Adventure Time, a fantastic setting in which mundane things happen.
>Regular Show, a mundane setting in which fantastic things happen.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-03-19h46m36s044.png (779 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-03-19h46m36s044.png
779 KB, 1280x720
Download link here!

https://mega.nz/#!ih8yFLpJ!x9yNunPXHtzLFEiA4OUj51uu17zbuuZbKMqxwZYhquY
>>
>>77911120
I guess it's better than some of the episodes last season where the weirdness felt tacked on, but still. Going the "romantic-comedy with furries" route is getting old.
>>
>>77910127
If it makes you feel any better, I'm watching it now.
>BMO talking to air
>>
>>77911120
Yeah I guess I can't judge it too hard because I haven't really watched it much the past 2 years

But it was more entertaining back then judging from this ep
>>
>>77911171
based
>>
>>77910127
The air times are so irregular now I think most people probably just do what I do, which is every few months just download all the released eps and binge them

I'm only watched this one live out of coincidence
>>
>BMO's practically in Portal
>>
>>77911171
>https://mega.nz/#!ih8yFLpJ!x9yNunPXHtzLFEiA4OUj51uu17zbuuZbKMqxwZYhquY
Thanks love
>>
>>77911171
Thanks 'non
>>
>>77911202
You know as well as I do that it doesn't matter if they're animals or not. It's never even called attention to. I'm still pretty sure that they're only not humans because Mordecai and Benson are still high af on acid from 2 in the AM PM
>>
File: 1396877928026.jpg (379 KB, 820x956) Image search: [Google]
1396877928026.jpg
379 KB, 820x956
>>77911240
Alright, finished it. As if my opinions matters:
It was a nice episode. 8/10, very cute, but also kind of very real.
>>
>The Holidays
what happened to sweater day or whatever
>>
>>77903119
yeah, the only ad they do for new episodes, unless it's a "bomb" for the show, is part of the "New Thursday" thing, and they show all the day's previews on one 30 second clip. The indvidual previews are even shorter now, since its called New TITANS Thursday and there's TTG clips at the start and end.

I wish they went back to having separate commercials for separate shows.
>>
I fucking love moe's voice so much
so weird he's the leader of the amoeba boys
>>
Who does the voice of AMO?
>>
Rate the episode
10,000 BIBS
>>
so Jake is scared of getting old huh
not shocking seeing as his parents are dead and he probably has an artificially extended lifespan due to being magic
>>
>>77911451
I know, that's kind of my point. The only thing separating this from something like How I Met Your Mother are the character designs. It's getting old.
>>
File: 1317940497154.png (104 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1317940497154.png
104 KB, 540x540
>>77911922
It was okay.
I can see how it could have been disappointing if people were expecting something more "chill" for the Christmas season, but for a BMO story it was nice.
>>
>>77912047

If was so fucking dark without being edgy.
>>
ohshiiiit. edward james almos
>>
File: tachikoma.gif (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
tachikoma.gif
15 KB, 200x200
I liked it because reasons
>>
glad we finally get AMO backstory. though i couldve sworn that fucker was a lot bigger
>>
What's your favorite episode /co/?
And season too, I'm curious.
>>
Woah, hey, Sleeping Fire Giants might have been designed by MO. Look at the drawings and a statue in the end.
>>
I feel I liked that well enough. Was interesting, get some Moe/MO expansion which while not needed was pretty nice.
I'm sad they didn't get Aziz Ansari to voice DMO again, that was lame.
AMO was a surprisingly neat villain I thought, I'm glad he was what was up and not just Moe being a filthy old asshole out of the blue. AllMoe was also very awesome, sad that he's likely going to go back to living in the run down factory all by himself and we won't see him for a real long time.

I didn't like the weird rainbow self actualization shit at the end, it felt sort of forced and added very little I thought. It's also a shame that Moe is already dead on his second appearance when they could have done a lot more with him, I think.

Liked most of the episodes though, solid 7/10 for them both. Satisfied with it.
>>
>Finn and Jake beaten by 1 robot that shoots cannonballs
>beaten by penguins
>beaten by vamps
I bet the ice king hands Finn his ass next oh wait that already happened. Lel.

>Finn calling PB and old woman
>>
>>77912572
It was told in an old Interview, I remember it back when I was on the Land of Ooo forum (it's changed alot and doesn't have the same layout, hard to navigate as an older user like myself, and I can't remember my log in) that he was intended to be bigger, much bigger than everyone else.

I wonder what happened.
>>
File: tumblr_lqvl8bbJff1qhjcclo1_500.jpg (117 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqvl8bbJff1qhjcclo1_500.jpg
117 KB, 500x566
>>77912578
Season 3
What Was Missing

Yes I watch steven universe
>>
>>77912693
Maaan this is something that's been happening forever. AMO didn't beat them in a fist fight or anything, he bonked em unawares and they were temporarily stunned.

Shit like this has to happen in this show and I'm alright with it when it makes sense, like how I felt this one did.
>>
>>77912691
I hope Allmo appears again, maybe he can live near the treehouse?

Also "forced" = 4chan speak for "I didn't enjoy it"
>>
>>77912578
Dad's Dungeon tha bes
Season 2 also tha bes
>>
Did PB just hang up on Finn abruptly? Man she treats that boy like shit.
>>
>>77910406
don't you mean bot mitzvah?
>>
Aren't you supposed to light the candles on a Menorah with the center candle?
>>
>>77912578
Witch's garden is pretty based
>Didn't you learn your lesson?
>haha nope
>>
>>77910447
eh, we had no indication that the other MOs couldnt, just that BMO was specifically designed to be a kid's best friend
>>77910656
i enjoyed the fuck out of the pacing. we got a genuine twist that wasnt completely obvious because part of it was but not the other part
it helps that AMO has been someone the creators talked about since 2010, and suddenly here he fuckin is. now i wanna know who the voice was
>>
>>77912766
Or it means "I felt this wasn't done in a very natural way."
The rainbow BMOs were dumb and unnecessary, I guess they wanted to add something to spice up BMO's monologue but that's a dumb way to do it, and it's not like they had to do anything for his earlier conversations with Air and stuff.

Herpich and Wolfhard seem to get off on those things at times and it usually doesn't gel very well.
>>
>>77911327
yeah. Moe being hooked up to a ton of shit reminded me of portal2's original plan for a backstory where cave is hooked up to life support machines unable to die, and chipperly asks you to disconnect him
>>
AMO did nothing wrong, he was just following his programming.
>>
>>77912637
holy shit. i did NOT see that coming. thanks for pointing it out, anon.
i know people joke, but.. deepest lore
>>
>>77912578
city of thieves
hitman
birdman
dad dungeon
a glitch a glitch
what was missing
marceline closet
me mow
food chain
>>
>>77906049
i partly agree with you The Diary was okay, Chips and Ice Cream as an analogy to Penn's career was *great*, but Finn's dad/arm arc was terribly paced and Sad Face was inexcusably sit their.
>>
>>77912734
that was a good episode. i appreciated seeing a little more fleshing out of the backstory of pb and marceline being estranged friends who each think the other has a grudge against them.. and that there's still resentment but also lingering enjoyment
makes it all the better when they start hanging out more later and start becoming better friends
also gr8 music
>>
>>77912838
well I think they go with the whole 'bmo imagines himself as other people' thing. Like, that's how creativity works, it's when you ask yourself questions as if you were a separate person
>>77912911
you have the choice of whether to follow your programming, man. we all have programming too, it's awesome, but you have to hold it back when it doesnt understand the greater situation
>>
I feel like I'm always happy to see NEPTR nowadays.
>>
>>77912796
>texts Marceline like a giddy schoolgirl
>hangs up on Finn. During mid sentence
It could've been because she wanted to hurry to fix what was happening though.

Kid needs to call her shit or break off from her.
>>
File: realization.png (171 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
realization.png
171 KB, 500x348
Anyone notice that adventure time kind of got less good? They put some older episodes on demand with my cable, so I've been watching, and they are really good and funny and really comfy to watch. Then I go to watch on demand the 7 part marceline thing and I can hardly get through it, it just feels awkward and unfun.

Also why is finn always having a complacent expression on his face, as if he's just going through the motions of life. I don't like it!
>>
1080p download of "Football" where?
>>
>moe had a menorah
>story was about two brothers, one good and one bad, and one killed the other

anybody familiar with the story of cain and abel? this may have been a hanukkah special all along.
>>
>>77913060
I say that Finn and PB are slowly becoming each other. Like a Cats in the Cradke type thing kind of.

PB becomes more social and speaks to her citizens more. Finn closes himself off and things don't really phase him anymore, which is why he has that dull voice and blank look 70% of the time.
>>
>>77913060
Lots of people feel that way. I don't know about 'comfy' since that's subjective and I never can pin down just what it means (is it just 'relaxing'?) but the older episodes were for sure more interesting, fun, and energetic a large amount of the time.

As for Finn's face I think the storyboarders/animators are just too lazy to make it do anything interesting at this point. you see all the expressions he made in these Moe episodes? Like, the same three over and over again, it's sad. I don't know when Herpich episodes got so boring on that front but it makes me feel sad.
>>
>>77913045
They are still friends though, and PB is friends with BMO to. But yeah he needs to call her on her shit.
>>
>>77913087
but this time, ABEL won
that feels nice.
>>
>>77913106
Yeah regardless of the reason why though, I don't like it. I understand character progression, but if the character is no longer fun, what's the point?
>>77913111
By comfy I mean it's great to just sit back and let them play. It isn't something you need to really think about hard. It's just pure fun in a cartoon, and makes me, at least, feel just happy to watch it.
>>
>>77913106
Finn has seen some shiiit lately
>>
>>77912578
What was the name of the one with the dungeon train?

That's my favourite, it reminded me of playing mmorpgs including the point you reach in them when running dungeons and stuff starts to not have meaning. Was a cool episode. Pretty much all of season 1-4 are comfy as fuck though before it becomes somewhat hit and miss
>>
>>77913106
Stakes Finn was pretty fun, he didn't seem to close himself off at all.
>>
So is that it for AT until next year?
Was a pretty alright thing to end on, unfortunately not a lot of discussion fodder. I miss days like All the Little People, that episode kept us going for a few weeks shooting the shit over Christmas hiatus.
>>
>>77913060
After the Comet stuff that's pretty much what Finn's doing. He's seeing what life has to offer and enjoying what he can about it, rather than worrying too much about this or that.
>>
>>77913193
i found that one pretty boring desu. and there was no real climax, just finn giving in
still cool though
>>
>>77913193
Dungeon Train.

>>77913218
Pretty fun but pretty useless overall. Why don't they want him becoming a badass swordsman 7 seasons on
>>
>>77913060
>Anyone notice that adventure time kind of got less good?

Join the club
>>
>>77913275
I remember being kind of annoyed by that because it implied Jake will live just as long as Finn, which is really lame. Jake's like twice as old as him so he should be aging twice as fast, and him croaking eventually will be a big change in Finn's life and affect him and shit.

Dungeon Train basically said that Finn and Jake are gonna be living in the Treefort being manchildren their whole lives through.
>>
>>77913255
More like taking life's (or the writers) punches/lemons and not learning anything instead of shoving those fucking lemons down its respective gullet hole
>>
Why is Finn getting boring and the other characters are getting interesting? BMO, Marceline and PB are way more interesting than Finn now.
>>
>>77913398
but anon remember that time he was the past life of a comet and his thorn did stuff, that's like the most interesting a character can physically even be
>>
>>77913398
What? You mean you didn't like the Flame Princess breakup arc, The Martin arc, or the Orgalorg arc? Why not? It was so deep and philosophical and deeply changed his character for the better! That fucking child needs shit on for chasing his dick too
>>
>>77913279
i almost get the feeling that the moral with finn is gonna be 'yeah adventurerering is awesome but you don't have superpowers, kid, you should just be an accountant or something'
at least one of the writers feels this
>>
>>77913433
The others are still more interesting, especially because they have such strong histories.
>>
File: 1317695818090.jpg (315 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1317695818090.jpg
315 KB, 800x900
>>77913378
If that's how you want to interpret it, fine, but I just don't and can't really see it like that.
>>
>>77913456
Compare to Marceline's 8 parter, the Orgalorg and Martin arc was terribly paced and boring. And the boss fight was just the worst. This series should of ended in season 2 or 3.
>>
>>77913255
>>77913255
Yeah but I don't like that. I liked it when it was funny. I did not laugh once in the new episode.>>77913318
I don't want to though mate, I'd like it be better.
>>77913456
I liked flame princess and was very ready for her to go have more adventures with finn, especially as jake explored things with his kids.
Instead, he just randomlly broke up with FP, and Jake's kids became boring characters (except for Jake. Jr), and were good as dead because of their super aging.
>>
>>77913472
That's kind of a lame moral when Finn's been shown skilled enough to survive encounters that would kill most adult men.
>>
>>77913579
He got older though dude.
I guess in this universe your body starts shutting down when you hit the big 15, he'll probably be dead by 20. All that radiation probably.
>>
>>77913640
But this wasn't how it was supposed to be.

He was supposed to be the cool bachelor hero that cracked subtle nsfw jokes while beating down bad guys or something. Not what we have now. Anything but what we have now anon....
>>
>>77913142
this season has focused a bit on breaking cycles. i suppose this counts.
>>
OP here, spend my night drinking with college friends. Can someone tell me if the special was any good?

I feel like nobody really talked about it here.
>>
>>77913808
I overall liked it, a few iffy parts but good.
>>
>>77913761
This season seems to be about the other main characters.
>>
>>77913808
It was okay. Still definitely better than S6, but not as good as the current S7 average.
>>
>>77913808
no. moe died so no mushroom war/humanity answers coming out of that plot thread, finn doesn't have questions or conversation for (what he at the time thought was) ANOTHER FUCKING HUMAN BEING, finn's usual apathetic uncaring finn, Princess Bitch is shoved in for no reason, the pacing is really slow (seriously, we see characters walking around doing menial things in real time, what the fuck is up with that?), and it shoves in a message terribly.
>>
>>77913985
not the anon you replied to, but we're getting used to Finn being passive as fuck in front of Mushroom War survivors/humans. Seriously he probably knows even Marcy is half human and Simon full human, but never bothered to go behind the Simon and Marcy story.
>>
>>77914042
well that's a problem with his "character" (or lack off) then. rebecca made Susan Strong because finn desired to have a family, it sucks that shit writers can't continue what another writer's done and keep things consistent.
>>
>>77914116
They can do it when it's a really popular character like Marceline or Bubblegum. I guess the fans just don't like Finn anymore
>>
>>77913808
I liked it, but then again I didn't find S6 as bad as many others did. Definitely not bad at all tho
>>
>>77913985
>Princess Bitch is shoved in for no reason
what
you mean the first five seconds with pb
that's just to explain why there's snow everywhere
god damn you're mad
>>
>>77912796
I got the impression that something happened to the connection because her lab was having a meltdown

Speaking of which, it was cool seeing PB trying to do something so nice for BMO
>>
Yeah I cried a little during BMO's monologues and the final scene, so what?
>>
>>77913060
Anyone just stopped taking /co/'s opinion on AT seriously?
>>
>>77915263
I stopped after Stakes, it may be realize that nothing the show does will make this fanbase happy.
>>
So it was a bad ep?
>>
>>77915263
I stopped taking /co/'s opinions on a lot of things seriously

Too many people that are too different from me
>>
>>77915623
No, it was a solid episode.
>>
This is the first 22 minute episode Adventure Time has ever done. Normally they have two 11 minute episodes they combine (Mortal Folly/Recoil, Holly Jolly 1 and 2, so on) but this was just the one episode The More You Moe, The Moe You Know. That's really weird. I din't watch it on TV, did it even have a commercial break in the middle?
>>
>>77915947
Yep, format was the same as any episode. Commercials, intro song, 11-minute episode, commercials, 11-minute episode, commercials imposed over the ending credits
>>
>>77916088
What a weird distinction for them to make. Maybe the title card designers were feeling lazy and were like "Fuck it, we're doing one card and that's the best you're getting" so the show just left it at that.
>>
>>77915947
Maybe they got tired of the retards on charge of the programming airing only one of the two parts of the specials all the time.
>>
Anyone else seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdbZEPe3OZU

I can't really decide if I like it or not, but that fluid Jake at the start gives me a hankering for days gone by. Finn sounds different from his S1 self too, wonder what's up with that.
>>
>>77916368
That's probably still Zack Shada doing the voice for Finn.
>>
>>77916433
I thought his balls dropped at that point, isn't that why they got Jeremy in the first place?
Though this was probably done years before the series began airing so you could be right, yeah.
>>
Why is modern AT so fucking cringeworthy? Holy shit, it's downright autistic
>>
>>77916480
There's like a 3 year period between the original short and the series and it who knows when this was
>>
>>77916679

Your mom is cringeworthy and downright autistic.
>>
File: Lich_or_Finn.png (2 MB, 1915x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lich_or_Finn.png
2 MB, 1915x1080
>>77916679
not that good of an episode but bmo was alright, i feel like they're shying away way too much from finn and jake and its pissing me off.

gimme some main story
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 440x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 440x424
Obligatory
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 440x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 440x424
>>77918417
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 440x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 440x424
>>77918428
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 440x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 440x424
>>77918440
>>
>>77910253
>jew candle

Kwanza is basically Judaism
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 440x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 440x424
>>77918457
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 440x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 440x424
>>77918466
>>
>>77911171
Thank you kindly, just getting the time to set down and watch this.
>>
>mfw this episode will probably get the worst ratings so far as no one fucking knew it was airing
>>
File: 046gHgpPj.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
046gHgpPj.jpg
186 KB, 1280x720
>Moe's the one who built the Fire Giants
>>
Title Card
>>
File: tumblr_nyd055ybZY1t0t09yo1_1280.png (405 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyd055ybZY1t0t09yo1_1280.png
405 KB, 1280x720
>>77920142
>>
File: tumblr_nysvakUXkF1sxhdxso1_1280.jpg (268 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nysvakUXkF1sxhdxso1_1280.jpg
268 KB, 1280x1280
>>77920142
Weren't those those things that turned out to pretty much be nuclear bombs or something of the sort?
>>
File: doublesguy.jpg (12 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
doublesguy.jpg
12 KB, 248x249
>>77920142
Woah, fuckng nice catch man!
>>
>>77920250
They only appeared in The Cooler before the BMO special, and I don't remember anything pointing to them being nuclear weapons or anything "conventional" like that, but rather man-made defense creatures like the Gumball Guardians.
>>
>>77920142
This is actually based. I missed the writers interconnecting things like this, instead of dedicating whole episodes to everything and killing the magic during the process.
>>
>>77912873
Wait what
>>
Is it just me or are the writers trying to keep Finn far away from PB and Marcy as possible this season. They really are pushing him into the friend zone.
>>
I just watched the episode and I really don't get the hate for it. It wasn't pretentious like the S6 "feely" backstory episodes were, but rather comfy and well thought. It was a bit oddly paced, that's probably the only criticism I have towards it. Also really loved the connection to the Sleeping Fire Giants.
>>
>>77920638
It seems much more like Bonnie needs to reinstall herself in her kingdom first. Also there's literally no reason to call his relationship with Marcy friendzone, as both made it clear years ago they're just great friends.
>>
>>77920691
Nah he's friendzone with Bonnie too.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 93

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.