[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frank Miller's atrocious art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: HandfulRobin.jpg (339 KB, 869x715) Image search: [Google]
HandfulRobin.jpg
339 KB, 869x715
>>
>>77899116
I kinda like it.
>>
Why is hellboy dressed as robin?
>>
>>77899116
Looks fine to me
>>
>>77899116
Funny he hasn't improved with age.
>>
File: miller-dark-knight-auctions.jpg (81 KB, 985x766) Image search: [Google]
miller-dark-knight-auctions.jpg
81 KB, 985x766
This is one of the few times where "It's just my style" isn't just an excuse.

He can still draw really well in the traditional "not-fucked-up" comic book style, but a lot of his work has been in this experimental cartoony-expressionistic-deformed sort of style, where the important elements of the figure like hands and eyes, as well as the overall gesture of the figures, are exaggerated and overemphasized for effect.

He's more concerned about the information being conveyed quickly and efficiently than he is about things looking "correct". Just look at how on-point his panelling is to see that he's not just phoning it in.
>>
Jesus, I can't even look at that. There really are no standards for comic art, are there?
>>
still better than most of the tumblr art we see in comics these days
>>
>wahhh this doesnt look like muh cartoony intuos drawn cutesy characters

i hate /co/ taste, narrowminded as fuck
>>
>>77899116
>atrocious art

I know you're used to capeshit and Jim Lee, but there are other art styles out there. Doesn't mean they're bad if they don't look like something you're accustomed to.

Cue the shitlords that post Erica Henderson in responce.
>>
>>77901274
I dunno where you're looking at but most media tends to have very little to no standards
>>
Honestly I'm more bugged about the colors than the line work.
>>
>>77900342
I sort of agree, he's going a little nuts here, and I feel like he should be on his meds when he's writing dialogue too, I just do not like that exchange.
>>
File: silent night.png (334 KB, 990x1524) Image search: [Google]
silent night.png
334 KB, 990x1524
>>77900342
Thank you. Why is this concept to so hard to grasp?
>>
>>77901274
thank god there aren't
>>
File: sincityv1hardgoodbyefc_1200.jpg (185 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
sincityv1hardgoodbyefc_1200.jpg
185 KB, 1200x1800
sin city looks great though, his style really fits the theme and the b&w.
>>
Franky used to be good, but now he kinda went crazy after 9/11. I don't get /co/ defending his new art, though.
>>
>>77899116
>All these people defending Miller's art
Jeez, DC really has you in their pockets, don't they? How's DK3?
>>
>>77901584
>"defending" someone's art
>a comic book publisher has me in it's pocket
>>
>>77901584
Nah, DC is ran by pussies and I really hate the colors in DK3.

Also fuck the Kubert brothers.
>>
File: homunculus.png (54 KB, 376x390) Image search: [Google]
homunculus.png
54 KB, 376x390
>>77900342
>>77899116

Miller is such a fucking weeaboo.
>>
>>77901729
Once you get past the fanboy nerd-war bullshit and start to look at comics as an art form, there's a lot to appreciate about manga.
>>
>hating DKSA's art
>>
>>77901468
The character is obviously nuts; the exchange should be as well, imo.
>>
>>77900342
The artwork in TDK2 (or TDKSA or whatever you call it) is pretty fucking awful. Miller had just started working with computer drawing and it shows.

This is coming from somebody who usually loves Miller's artstyle.
>>
>>77902512
Oh, agreed completely. It's definitely all experimental, and sometimes experiments fail. Miller and Varley were really in uncharted territory with regards to computer coloring, and it shows.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.