[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the top 10 worst Simpsons episode ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 15
File: Pranksta_Rap_27.jpg (131 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Pranksta_Rap_27.jpg
131 KB, 512x384
My list would be:

1. Homer vs Dignity
2. Barting Over
3. Simpson Safari
4. See pic
5. Lisa Goes Gaga
6. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge
7. All Mary Spuckler episodes
8. The Boys of Bummer
9. Children of a Lesser Clod
10. Bart Mangled Banner
>>
Moe's dishrag
Carl steals the lottery money
Lady Gaga
U2 garbageman episode
Homer gets raped by a panda
Homer gets choked by some possumball coon
Regally, the gem child is lisa
Abe marries Selma
Kang/Kodos episode
Mark Cuban and Burns at billionaires camp
>>
>>77885980
>Homer gets raped by a panda
Wait, the episode where he becomes Burns' lackey?
I thought that episode was great, not golden age material, but certainly not the worst.
>Dad, there's a lot of starving orphans you could help with that money.
>You're right! I should buy a gun.
>>
>>77885794
>Lisa Goes Gaga
>not #1
>>
>>77885980
>U2 garbageman episode

Trash of the Titans. I don't like that one either and Steve Martin couldn't even save it.
>>
>>77886364
>implying Steve Martin has been funny at any time since the 80s
>>
Remember how All Singing, All Dancing used to be considered the worst episode? People were innocent back then.
>>
>>77885794
i have to admit i laughed at 'hungry hungry hypocrite'
>>
>>77886364
it was amazing one day when i realized that was him
i was like
why the fuck didnt he 'do steve martin' at all? why get steve martin just to have him play the straight man?
>>
>Ctrl+F
>Kill Gil
>no results
>>
File: 1440730134979.png (145 KB, 338x328) Image search: [Google]
1440730134979.png
145 KB, 338x328
>That one episode where Marge loses her memory.
>She finds out about all of the scandalous things she and Homer did.
>She doesn't believe Homer and kicks him out of the house.
>Later her memory of Homer isn't brought back by any kind of compassion from him, but simply by him saying "beer".
>>
>>77885794
HOMER IS A FAT LOAD
>>
>>77887543
I know the episode but can't remember the name of it.
>>
>>77885794
>9. Children of a Lesser Clod
>10. Bart Mangled Banner

I don't think I know these. Summaries pl0x.
>>
>>77887624
Regarding Margie
>>
>>77887756
>9. Children of a Lesser Clod
Homer destroys his knee in a basketball game, runs a daycare center, makes Bart and Lisa jealous as fucking fuck. Probably one of the single most horrifying Scully episodes.
>10. Bart Mangled Banner
Really terrible, awful, forced, dated political satire about post-9/11 America.
>>
Goo Goo Gai Pan
>>
Can't remember their names but the ones where everyone bullies Bart for fucking up a baseball game to the point of suicide and the one where Homer keeps getting choked out in some therapy sessions or something. Fuck those were awful. Oh and Lisa Goes GaGa is shit too.
>>
>>77888145
>Can't remember their names but the ones where everyone bullies Bart for fucking up a baseball game to the point of suicide

Boys of Bummer, in OP's list.
>>
For me, it will always be Bart-Mangled Banner because it's the moment I realised that the Simpsons had become shit and stopped watching it.

I'm sure there have been worse episodes since.
>>
>>77888145
I can sort of forgive that baseball episode because Marge btfo's the town near the end, but is still kind of a shit story.
>>
>>77888132
i actually watched that episode in a airplane going to China
quite Ironic that i found the episode pretty funny
>>
>>77888360
>For me, it will always be Bart-Mangled Banner because it's the moment I realised that the Simpsons had become shit and stopped watching it

They've never done a single political satire episode under Al Jean's watch that was any good.
>>
The post-Hartman episode where they had Andy Dick on as himself.
>>
>>77885794
>>77886302
I don't know why that episode is so hated. Panda rape was not even implied.

The Itchy and Scratchy movie was my first hated episode.

Also I hate the episode where Homer was about to be executed but all was a hoax. Yet many of my friends love it for the screaming worm.
>>
The return of Lurleen Lumpkin. Why...
>>
>>77888700
>Also I hate the episode where Homer was about to be executed but all was a hoax

I also hate that one with the force of a thousand suns.
>>
Jaws Wired Shut
>>
>>77888700
>Yet many of my friends love it for the screaming worm.
This is all I remember of the episode, and I only remembered after you brought it up.
>>
>>77889012
Carmen Electra
>>
the episode where future Bart fucks Hoover
>>
Helter Shelter. Awful, awful, awful.
>>
Maude dies
>>
That episode when they force creationism in the school. Somehow it made look bad both creationists and evolutionists...
>>
The Saga of Carl
>>
The Parent Rap. I hate that one so fucking much.
>>
That episode where Lisa has a newspaper (the Red Dress Press)
>>
File: 1440211507615.jpg (31 KB, 720x513) Image search: [Google]
1440211507615.jpg
31 KB, 720x513
That episode where Lisa gets a restraining order against Bart and fucks his arm up with a jagged pole. Later she says she doesn't recall Bart doing anything nice for her.
>>
>>77889713
On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister
>>
>>77889713

Oh, man. This fucking episode. And if we recall, it's always Bart doing stuff for Lisa, but rarely lisa doing anything for Bart. Fucking Lisa and her fucking personality. She used to be a decent character long ago, but I can barely remember those times...
>>
>>77885794
(in no particular order)

1. Kill the Alligator and Run (Florida episode)
2. Lisa Goes Gaga (Lady Gaga episode)
3. Every Man's Dream (Lena Dunham dream within a dream within a dream within a tattoo episode)
4. The Boys of Bummer (Bart is bullied by the town into attempting suicide after losing a little league game)
5. Homer vs Dignity (aka Homer gets raped by a panda)
6. The Great Money Caper (Homer and Bart become con artists)
7. The Man Who Came to Be Dinner (Simpsons go to Kang/Kodos' planet)
8. The Frying Game (Homer and Marge are framed for murder)
9. Wedding for Disaster (Marge becomes a Bridezilla and Patty & Selma torture Homer in a Saw-esque dungeon)
10. Double Double Boy in Trouble (Bart switches places with his rich doppelganger)
>>
How I Wet Your Mother
>>
>>77888132
That was a great episode though.
>Well, I dunno, I'm considered pretty smart.
>Well, Tibet was considered pretty independent, but now we know the answer to that.
>>
>>77889713
It was one of those episodes where a character never gets their comeuppance, it's like that episode of Hey Arnold where Iggy is a dick to Arnold for telling a secret (hell, he didn't even tell anyone, fucking Stinky and Sid guessed it)
>>
>>77885794
gaga is the worst
it was already dated when it aired and the wank is atrocious.it was also pretty mean spirited toward lisa at the start. fuck this episode.
>>
The Trouble With Trillions
>>
>>77889879
He did kinda get it in the end where he realizes Stinky and Sid guessed it and Arnold doesn't forgive him. Kinda redeems the episode for me.
>>
The Computer Wore Menace Shoes
>>
It's kind of hard to judge the shittiness of modern Simpsons episodes because a lot of them are bad in a very empty, boring way rather than an offensively terrible kind of way. Still unpleasant to watch, but not memorably so.
>>
>>77887490
While it's not the worst ever, I have no clue why they'd think he deserved an entire episode while there's lots of other minor characters who needed one more.
>>
>>77889961
Nah, the fact that Iggy was only willing to forgive Arnold after he did all of those chores and intentionally embarrass himself on such a scale was bullshit to begin with
>>
>>77885794
Confession: I actually don't mind Pranksta Rap and thought it was ok
>>
>Simpson Safari
Yes.

>that treehouse of horror episode that spoofed Avatar
>yvan eht nioj
>that episode where Homer was in a bubble traveling through his mind to remember why Marge was mad at him
>that episode that spoofed Ocean's 11 where Homer puts together a crew to write a shitty YA book
>that episode that spoofed "The Secret"

I stopped watching The Simpsons a long time ago so I missed a lot of the newer shit
>>
>>77890051
Gil became too big a character, he was just the nebbish loser who could never catch a break in the background to an incompetent dumbass who seems to be at every store the Simpsons shop at
>>
Just posting these so people are aware these are really, really, bad too:

Mathlete's Fete
That 90's Show
Love is a Many-Splintered Thing
Midnight Rx
The Greatest Story Every D'ohed
Blame It on Lisa
and especially Married to the Blob
>>
>>77885794
>Lisa Goes Gaga

I haven't seen this one, but is there anything that makes it exceptionally bad aside from guest starring Lady Gaga? I always see it posted here when worst episodes come up but I have yet to see a reason other than that.
>>
File: trash.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>77890172
>Midnight Rx
>Blame It on Lisa

>those episodes on your hate list
>>
>>77890172
>Blame it on Lisa

I actually really liked that episode
>>
>>77890234
It's 22 minutes of mindless disgusting LGG dickriding because the episode was a collaboration with her PR people.
>>
>>77890234
It's basically another Lisa episode with a Gaga circlejerk going on in the background
>>
>>77890239
>>77890251
I just thought the jokes in BioL were shit overall, though Homer with his kidnapper pals was pretty good.
>>
>>77890335
I like the bit with Homer's speedo because it reminds me of something that happened to me IRL.
>>
Homer the Safety Salamander. Do not want.
>>
>>77890335
Midnight Rx is also one of my favorite post-S10 episodes, so...meh.
>>
>>77890051
Gil's one of those gag characters introduced in the Oakley/Weinstein era with Disco Stu, Cletus, and Duffman that they ran into the ground so he wasn't funny anymore.
>>
File: 1393017882402.jpg (26 KB, 405x544) Image search: [Google]
1393017882402.jpg
26 KB, 405x544
>>77885980
>Regally, the gem child is Lisa
Watching that episode felt like I was hallucinating, it was just the fucking weirdest series of events that did not mesh together in the slightest.

>Eclipse happens in Springfield
>Suddenly Marge gets eye damage from staring directly at it because Bart makes Homer sit on his shoebox telescope thing
>Homer has to take care of Maggie and sets her down in front of a Church
>She ends up in a convent
>Lisa tries to save her by infiltrating the Church
>Lisa then has to track a mysterious code found in that specific church
>She finds clues in dumb shit around Springfield
>Suddenly Seymour and CBG are also searching for the code's meaning to find treasure
>Then Burns tries to hold them hostage to get it for himself
>Shit happens and Lisa figures out the code
>Suddenly Lisa goes back, full of herself, thinking she's a demigod
>Oh no, actually it's Maggie and the anagram is itself an anagram that reveals Maggie really is the child
>Marge's eyes have healed, scoops up and takes Maggie despite all the miraculous events that happened everywhere else
>The Simpsons give the convent Bart to be their miracle person
>Suddenly it's hell on Earth because "Haha, Bart is so le evil and shit and not just a 10 year-old miscreant"

What the fuck was up with that? I swear it felt like I was suffering from sleep deprivation. That my just be my least favorite episode ever, not even the Lady Gaga wank episode or evil jockey elves have surpassed it. It was so bad it's fucking imprinted in my mind.

>>77888132
I only remember that episode because that one autist kept making fanart of the Chinese baby.
>>
>>77890945
what happens when you write episodes while on DMT.gif
>>
What was that one where Bart gets hooked on anti-ADHD pills and then he shoots down a satellite?
>>
>>77890994
>>77890945
More accurately, it's what happens when some writer decides to make the experimental movie he never got to do in college.
>>
>>77891023
Brother's Little Helper
>>
>>77889791
>>77889791
This Bart is always giving up his happiness for Lisa but can't really think of a time she sacrificed for him. He's given up his chances of being a decent A+ student for her,collage, his potential career of being a drummer in jazz bands.
>>
>>77890848
Cletus was funny until every appearance of him started featuring a joke about incest.
>>
I hate Yes Guy and Lindsay Naegle far worse desu.
>>
>>77891462
Lindsay Naegle was abused to death during the Scully era, but then Al Jean just went and ran Crazy Cat Woman and Yes Guy into the ground.
>>
>>77891321
The overused incest jokes really need to stop. Obviously they are supposed to be funny in a gross, shocking kind of way but you can't keep repeating those kinds of jokes every time the character makes an appearance. It just dilutes the shock factor, thus ruining the joke.
>>
>>77890172
Also speaking of Love is a Many-Splintered Thing, Mary Spuckler is a pretty good candidate for the worst Simpsons character. While I do like Zooey Deschanel she can't voice act for shit and Mary isn't even remotely interesting. Apocalypse Cow was ok, but the other two episodes were like having your brain scraped with rusty barbed wire.
>>
Alone Again, Natura-Diddily is the first episode where they joke about Cletus and Brandine's incestuous relationship.

I actually rather like Mary Spuckler, even though Love is a Many Splintered Thing is a bad episode (although, I don't hate it as much as most because a) Mary is very relatable to me, and b) I love Zooey Deschanel's singing). I actually like Moonshine River. One thing I like about it is it gives Cletus some depth and humanity. Rednecks and Broomsticks is another episode which gives the Spucklers a more dignified treatment, showing them as kind and neighborly, just with strange ways.

The jokes you're talking about are more prevalent, sure, but on the flip side they've been given at least a bit of depth and some interesting stories. Even if you don't like the way it was executed, focusing on one of the kid's struggle to break out of her shitty upbringing and do something with her musical talent is a pretty good story and it shows the writers' desire to expand on these characters, rather than keep them one-note redneck joke factories.
>>
I think Cletus and Brandine are both pretty damn funny. Underrated characters. Sure they've gotten too stereotyped these days, but they still have their moments.
>>
The problem with Cletus is the same as the problem with Ralph - he's just used for cheap laughs. Cletus has never been a fleshed-out character, or even that much of a character at all. He was just occasionally used if a) it was appropriate in the context of his appearance, and b) if his was the best character to facilitate a certain joke.

Now he appears in what seems like almost every episode, offering what is essentially countless variations on the same tired jokes (incest, drugs, various redneck stereotypes). Ralph used to be more of an actual character, but the show has since devolved him into a way of getting some cheap laughs with "wacky" non sequiturs, akin to Cletus.

The other problem with Cletus is that the cheap laughs they use him for are often quite tasteless. Do we really need overt references to incest and bestiality in the Simpsons? I don't think so.

Anyway, unless the show magically regains the level of intelligence it once had, or started being a little more thoughtful, the Cletus gags will continue, and so will the eye-rolling.
>>
>>77892111
Mary had potential as a character, for example she could have been a rival to Lisa since they have similar interests and are the smart, talented part of their retard-tier families, but instead she was just made into another lame Bart love interest.
>>
>>77885794
>No season 1 episodes

Go to bed.
>>
>>77885794
>It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge
Had its moments.
>>
>>77888896
I can forgive it because it gave us "Local Man Ruins Everything".

>>77889166
This. "Canon" future episodes are utter shit.
>>
>>77890027
This. Most of the Scully episodes on those lists at least were entertaining, even if they where garbage. Modern episodes are just so bland you can't even remember them.
>>
>>77892741
>>77889166
I think those episodes are now considered canon especially because they're not "the future as told by a fortune teller or in X character's dream" and the writers have neatly retconned out of existence Lisa getting married in 2010 and being president and all that shit.
>>
>>77892396
>The problem with Cletus is the same as the problem with Ralph - he's just used for cheap laughs

Ralph was actually a pretty fleshed-out character in I Love Lisa, but they never went anywhere with that version of him again.
>>
I hate Sleeping with the Enemy.

It was the first episode I saw where Lisa was completely irredeemable. I used to like Lisa before that, but I just wanted to punch her in the face during the episode. The stupid ending were Nelson is reunited with his dad only to be retconned as soon as they could didn't help either.
>>
>>77893457
>It was the first episode I saw where Lisa was completely irredeemable. I used to like Lisa before that, but I just wanted to punch her in the face during the episode.
Genuinely curious, but how come?
>>
>>77893403
FWIW, This Little Wiggy didn't really give him any depth either. On the DVD commentary, Dan Greaney says that he had an argument with another writer who insisted that Ralph was too one-dimensional to write an entire episode around and Greaney told him "Well, you just have to throw in a few emotional lines interspersed with the usual Ralph-isms and...you're done." and well it's evident in the episode, he just gets emotional about the key and suddenly has the bravery to go after it despite being scared of the prison, which doesn't really explore or develop his character, he still doesn't really have any normal moments that portray him as a believable well-rounded human being like he is in I Love Lisa.
>>
>>77893544
I was a naive kid 11 years ago and even in some of the worst Lisa episodes I tried to look for any redeeming quality.
>>
>>77885794
the worst episode will always be the one when bart tries to kill himself for baseball
>>
Scully Simpsons isn't as bad as zombie Simpsons honestly
>>
>>77893457
Strange, I think that one was alright.
>>
>>77893628
>Ralph was too one-dimensional to write an entire episode around

That writer is a complete idiot and I Love Lisa is a great episode.
>>
>>77887872
>Children of a Lesser Clod
The gross-out humor is gross, but it has one of my favorite jokes ever in it.

>Homer crashes the van full of children into a tree while Arnie Pie reports the whole thing
>"He's jumping out of the car, Kent! He's trying to climb over the fence! He's realizing he's too fat! He's digging a hole like a dog! Now he's giving up on that and he's running back and forth! He's climbing into a pipe and he appears to be stuck! His legs are dangling in a comical fashion! Oh, it's the saddest thing I've ever seen!"
>"Arnie, how are the children?"
>"I CAN'T SEE THROUGH METAL, KENT."
>>
>>77888360
>the moment I realised that the Simpsons had become shit and stopped watching it
Man, I know that feel.

For me it was the one where Homer looks into the magic spaghetti sauce and sees what his life would be like if he had hair or something.
That and the Sadgasm one where the ones that made me develop taste and give up on any new episodes of the show.
>>
>>77889821
>Kill the Alligator and Run
I actually kinda like this one.

>CAN'T SLEEP, GONNA DIE.

>I remember Vincent Canby said, I'm gonna kill you Homer. You are sooooooo dead.

>I DON'T TRUST THESE COWBOYS.

>The moonlight really brings out the red in your neck!

>Show us your boobs!
>Not now!

>No sir, please don't tell mama!
>>
>>77889955
This one is a guilty pleasure of mine.

>May I see it?
>Oh, see with your eyes, not your hands!
>Please, we are all amigos here!
>Mr. Burns, I THINK we can trust the PRESIDENT of CUBA.
>Oh, alright. ... Now, give it back.
>Give what back?
>Oh...

>We think Burns has the bill, but all satellite photos can tell us is it's not on the roof!
>>
>>77891023
>Now who wants to watch me hit a few dingers?
>DINGERS! DINGERS! DINGERS!
>>
>>77894294
I kinda liked that one too.

>"NO LISTENIN'. You hear me?"
>"Uhhhh...no?"
>"You just don't learn, do ya?"

>The lady that kept saying "I like that"
>>
File: Sara_Sloane.png (34 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Sara_Sloane.png
34 KB, 1000x1000
Remember that episode where god suddenly hate Ned and he went into the nut house?

Or that episode where Ned committed adultery with a slutty movie star?

Or the time they trying to make Marge hip by making her into weed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-51QdwQB1Aw
>>
>>77885794
Mr. Enter, please go...
>>
>>77888700
>Panda rape was not even implied.

Nigga come on it's heavily implied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzVf6jh6adI
>>
>>77885794
>That 90's Show nowhere in that list
They shat on everything they built over 15 years of good comedy. Many legendary episodes were rendered null and void because of this one chapter.
Also, The Prince and the Pauper.
>>
>>77893971
Fuck, the performance of Ralph still gives me chills. The best of him we'll ever see.
>>
File: the bob next door.jpg (109 KB, 641x1100) Image search: [Google]
the bob next door.jpg
109 KB, 641x1100
>No mention of The Man Who Grew Too Much or The Bob Next Door
>>
I haven't watched a lot of Simpsons, but I hated the episode where Lisa became a vegetarian despite a couple funny jokes.
>>
>>77898206
That woman was a qt. I would have given her my support.
>>
Would someone please explain to me how the episode where Bart misses a catch in a game causing the town to form a lynch mob and driving him to almost killing himself not the worst one?
How are there any other episodes that are worse than that?
>>
>only one Married to the Blob
FUCK that one
Fuck That 90's Show too
>>
>Episodes where Homer is an asshole instead of just a well-meaning selfish idiot
>>
>>77885794
1 - 10 : every lisa's episode
>>
>>77890162
Well someone had to fill the void Lionel Hutz left.
>>
>>77894913

I fucking hate that episode with the slutty movie star. Its worse than the gaga episode, at least that is so awful you can make jokes from it. The ned dating the star one is so bland, and the plot makes no sense and its just so fuckinglazy with its jokes.
>>
>>77885794
>1. Homer vs Dignity

you got offended by the panda rape didn't you?

fucking prudes.
>>
>>77894143

sorry that gag saved the episode for me
>>
>>77885980
>Lady Gaga
>Kang/Kodos episode
>Mark Cuban and Burns at billionaires camp
This aren't even the in the top worse 20
>>
>>77890051
stupid people like stupid things..
>>
>>77898206
I like how the writing was so bad, they made a joke about it.
>>
>>77901407
They've been doing this a lot. lt's ok maybe once or twice but all the time is just lazy
>>
>>77886302
>Introduction of the "AH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS?" guy
>>
File: 1444568215382.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1444568215382.gif
2 MB, 400x225
Jesus Christ, just turned on the TV to see "The Book Job" playing. (Neil Gaiman ep)

It's probably not the worst, but this is fucking painful to watch.
>>
>>77894913
>Ned committed adultery
What episode?
>>
File: simp620_1684607a.jpg (71 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
simp620_1684607a.jpg
71 KB, 620x349
On top of my head

homer of seville
homer's paternity coot
bonfire of the manatees
blame it on lisa
any post season 10 treehouse special
kill gill
the fat and the furriest
bart-mangled banner

some of the more recent episodes I've seen were still shit but had a few good jokes here and there
>>
The episode where Milhouse became jelly to Bart's girlfriend because he's obviously gay for him and become an annoying character constantly stalking Bart and his girl.
>>
>>77898885
There was not a single good moment there.
>>
>>77903947
It's not exactly adultery being post-Maude death.
>>
The Movie was fucking awful
>>
Gorgeous Grampa

>lyl Grampa is gay so funneh XD
>>
The Parent Rap. It wasn't funny, it wasn't clever, and Judge Harm was one of the worst characters they've had on the show.
>>
>>77893971
Yeah it's strange they never explored this side of Ralph again.
>>
>Homer gets a promotion or something
>Leads to him working late hours and going to conferences
>This causes Marge to nearly have an affair with Ned
>They hesitate and Homer comes home
>The apparently unresolved sexual tension between Marge and Ned is never addressed again.
>>
>>77901148
>>77894913
Seems like more an excuse for the animators to draw cheesecake than anything.
>>
File: Little_Big_Girl_70.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Little_Big_Girl_70.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
Remember when a teenage girl molested Bart so that she could say he was the father of her baby and then when Homer and Marge found out, they weren't even mad that he was molested, just that he wasn't the father of the baby and that's the only thing they cared about?

Also reminder that Sideshow Bob has animal-themed superpowers now.
>>
All post-Season 8 Sideshow Bob episodes.
>>
That episode where they brought Homer's mom back and...just no.
>>
Catch Em If You Can. I wanted to yell at the TV so freaking bad.
>>
Homer's stupidity is explained by him having a crayon lodged in his nose.
>>
File: Stealing_First_Base_111.jpg (91 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
Stealing_First_Base_111.jpg
91 KB, 624x352
She was quite possibly the worst Bart gf ever. I mean, she was literally just a pile of random jokes designed to fuck with Bart's head.
>>
>>77909522
Also Sarah Silverman really sucks.
>>
>>77909622
>>77909522
All true except I'm kind of surprised at the cartoony Season 1-ish design they gave Nikki instead of the usual hyper-realism.

>>77908485
See Darcy for comparison. She looks as if her and Bart are not even from the same show.
>>
Does the Family Guy crossover count?
>>
>>77903947

it's called fornication, it's something a very devout and seemingly sincere christian like Ned would likely never do, or if he did, he would be very very conflicted and guilt-ridden over it (remember when he had a hard time coming to terms with stepping on an ant)

I haven't watched the simpsons in so long I don't really remember the episodes that drove me away, but this one, and a lot of the celebrity guest star focused episodes just ruined the on going show for me.

I tried watching this years tree house of horrors and couldn't sit through side show bob playing with a corpse for fucking 10 min or how ever long, I just gave up. It's honestly something you'd think a network would never let through S&P.
>>
>>77909843
You know, as bad as everyone thought it would be, the FG writers honestly didn't do a bad job and seemed to genuinely enjoy writing for the Simpsons characters. If anything let it down, it was the shit voice acting. Harry Shearer was AWOL and Julie Kavner sounded bored out of her mind and totally apathetic.
>>
>>77909900
Didn't the crossover have naked lolis in it?
>>
>>77898206
The man who grew too much felt like some treehouse of horror episode because of it's weirdness.
>>
>>77910026
Yeah there was that bit where the townspeople lose their clothes and there's a mom with a little girl. You only see them from behind and it's a long shot, not a closeup one, but that's only the second time the Simpsons ever showed the butt of a female older than a baby (you see Marge's butt in Natural Born Kissers).
>>
The one where all the 2008 election candidates come to Springfield and Jon Stewart cameos for like 5 seconds.

You know what ages well? A joke about Fred Thompson.
>>
>>77910238
Especially because he's now dead.
>>
what's the one where Ned was making religious films?
>>
>>77910238
But that THOH with Clinton and Dole gets a pass because it was from Season 7, no?
>>
>>77888700

I kind of liked the itchy and scratchy movie. Bart was kind of being a fuck and actually got punished for real. Also its the only episode of the simpsons were bart doesn't end up a loser in future.
>>
>>77910168
We've seen Bart's dick at least 2x by now desu.
>>
>>77909622
I mean, holy crap. Vanellope shouldn't sound like a chain-smoking hag. She was really not the right person for that role.
>>
>>77910490
Didn't Miyazaki have trouble with the casting for one of his movies because he wanted a voice actor that actually sounded like a little girl instead of a 40 year old woman doing a bad impression of a little girl?
>>
>>77885794

Some of my contributions

>the episode where bart becomes a drummer
>the episode where lady gaga shows up
>the boys of bummer
>the episode where lisa starts hating her friend because she is a republican
>The man who grew too much
>Moes Rag (it's an actual non canon episode so it's not as bad)
>the principal and the pauper
>Bart to the future (not really sure what to put at this point
>Lisa turning vegetarian and shitting on everyone

I don't watch the simpsons that much and I'm probably bias because I hate lisa but still.

The lady gaga one might be slightly above the rest for the sheer fact that it directly states that everyone hates lisa which she prompty deserves but whoring out a celebrity makes the bad writing even worse.
>>
>>77910525
>the episode where bart becomes a drummer

That one honestly wasn't that bad, the rest I generally agree with.
>>
>>77910600

He gets maimed by a tiger (lion?) and is guilted into using the money to fix him on lisa. He's crippled for life and lost his career and she says "We're even". How is that not rage inducing? Lisa is a jealous bitch and in the end cripples bart and gets what she wants. The episode even makes it seem okay that you're jealous of your friends and family when you should just be happy for them.
>>
>>77910683
It had problems, but when I think of a rageworthy episodes, I generally think of Catch Em If You Can. That episode almost made me homicidal.
>>
The Great Money Caper
>>
>>77905270
>bonfire of the manatees
This episode isn't mentioned enough. It was complete shit.
>>
The one where a certain child molester played a hot pharmacist who wanted Homer's dick.
It turns out the whole thing took place inside an episode of Girls. Hooray Reset Button!
>>
>>77910844
It was pretty horrible.

>another boring, boring, boring Marge/Homer marriage crisis episode
>everything about the episode was completely phoned in - the animation, writing, voice acting
>Alec Baldwin was the only person involved who actually tried
>>
Why do people hate The Great Money Caper?
>>
>>77910928
>The one where a certain child molester played a hot pharmacist who wanted Homer's dick

She fucking played doctor with her sister when they were kids. Get over it.
>>
>>77910719

Both parties were kind of wrong in that one.

>The kids try to ruin marge and homers second honeymoon and tell them they aren't allowed to have time to themselves anymore
>Marge and Homer constantly sneak off instead of being honest or out right sending them home (they're children, what are they gonna say no?)
>>
>>77910982
All the worst Scully era stuff in one episode.
>>
>>77911008
I hated how much of an OOC asshole that Marge was. I have a hard time thinking of another episode where she was written this badly.
>>
>>77911018
Can you give me some examples in the episode?
>>
>>77889713

that episode made me quit the simpsons. she couldnt think of 3 nice things? not even one? bitch he bought you that damn bleeding gums album
>>
>>77911044
>Homer goes on a wacky adventure/runs a scam with Bart as Deputy Droop-A-Long
>surreal Saturday Morning Cartoon-tier gags
>episode basically trying to mock complaining Usenet Simpsons fans at the time
>>
>>77911133
None of that really seems hate worthy.

It's a pretty funny episode.
>>
>>77911044
Surf's Up!
>>
File: Dude__Where_s_My_Ranch_.jpg (38 KB, 580x327) Image search: [Google]
Dude__Where_s_My_Ranch_.jpg
38 KB, 580x327
/thread
>>
>>77911039

She works really hard and just wanted time to enjoy herself. But yeah ditching your kids is something marge would never do.
>>
>>77911195
>Surf's Up!

Happy Halloween!
>>
>>77910113
Except it wasn't and it's canon like Milhouse's parents being related and Milhouse having a lizard's tongue as a result of inbreeding, the The Bob Next Door is somehow even worse.

>Current Simpsons writers actually thought having Bob's face roll off would make for a great running gag

Fucking hell this plot
>>
>>77911275
>But yeah ditching your kids is something marge would never do

They left the kids with Grandpa.

Something that also happens in The War of the Simpsons and Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily off the top of my head.
>>
>>77911334
Some people didn't like The Italian Bob but that was before TBND.
>>
>>77911334
>it's canon

Literally meaningless when it comes to The Simpsons.
>>
>>77911380
I didn't mind The Italian Bob except the kid yelling VENDETTA was annoying. Drunk Lisa was also cute.
>>
>>77889879
>>77889961
>>77890086
yeah it's notable enough that Iggy never appears after that episode again, not even in background shots

>>77891023
I remember that one being pretty funny actually

also here's a question for everyone, is there any episodes of the Simpsons that you feel started out good but ended badly, a good example of that for me would be the episode where Lisa becomes Student President, once they had Lisa find out about Skinner and Chalmers' plot the whole episode went completely downhill until it ended in one of the most blatantly awful Status Quo Is God endings the show has ever had
>>
>>77911528
>yeah it's notable enough that Iggy never appears after that episode again, not even in background shots

Are you saying Arnold had Iggy murdered? Can't say I blame him.
>>
>>77911572
nah although apparently the creator really hated that episode so made an unofficial mandate for Iggy to never be used again(personally I like to think the guilt ate at him enough that he committed suicide within a couple weeks of that episode's events)
>>
>>77911528
Kill The Alligator And Run was ok up to the first act, then it was all downhill.
>>
Papa Don't Leech

>Dixie Chicks years after they stopped being relevant
>Beverly D'Angelo sounds like a dying 80 year old woman
>Marge threatening to kill Lurleen (how OOC can you get)
>>
>>77911204
It was pretty stupid, not necessarily the worst episode ever.
>>
>>77912009
>Marge threatening to kill Lurleen (how OOC can you get)

I don't know, Marge really hated her in that first episode with her.
>>
>>77912298
But she didn't even say Bitch I'm gonna waste your shit if you get anywhere near my Homie's fat hog and balls.
>>
>>77889713

that episode made me quit the simpsons. she couldnt think of 3 nice things? not even one? bitch he bought you that damn bleeding gums album
>>
>>77914555
>>77889713
>>77889747
Oddly, I don't hate that episode and it had some good moments mostly related to Homer and Gary Busey.
>>
>>77909811
Yeah I kind of like Nikki's design.
>>
That 90s Show
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.