[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Report: THOR: RAGNAROK Finds A New Writer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8
File: thor3_logo.jpg?1443820224.jpg (23 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
thor3_logo.jpg?1443820224.jpg
23 KB, 600x350
http://www.newsarama.com/27008-report-thor-ragnarok-finds-a-new-writer.html

>Marvel Studios have hired Stephany Folsom as the new screenwriter for 2017's Thor: Ragnarok, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The Princess of North Sudan screenwriter is said to be working on a new draft of the original script by writing duo Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle. Taika Waititi was reprted earlier this year to be directing this third Thor film.

>With filming set to begin in June 2016, Thor: Ragnarok will reportedly deal with the fall-out from the previous film as well as elements alluded to in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Hulk actor Mark Ruffalo has said he will be playing a major role in the movie, even if both he and Thor actor Chris Hemsworth are apparently sitting out Captain America: Civil War.

>Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters July 28, 2017.

No comment.
>>
>>77881799
Oh look, Disney found another yes man.
>>
File: Cap pls stop.webm (21 KB, 318x280) Image search: [Google]
Cap pls stop.webm
21 KB, 318x280
>Your fake brother is more popular
>You real brother is more popular
>And now they put in fan favorite Hulk in it
Being Hemsworth must be suffering
>>
So, what are the odds that Enchantress brings Hulk to Asguard to kill Thor? And separates Hulk and Banner.
>>
>>77881908
Liam is popular?
>>
>>77881972
Hunger Games and shit.
>>
>>77881908
>You real brother is more popular
Where the hell is Liam Hemsworth popular?
>>
Please don't be shit, for fuck's sake.
>>
>Thor BTS drama
>again
Who here ready for Dark World 2.0?
>>
>>77882148
But Natalie Portman already confirmed
>>
>>77881799
>Stephany Folsom
Who?
>>
I like Taika Waititi's movies but can't really see how his dark humour will translate to a cg ridden story about the end of the world

Usually he just takes the piss out of rural maori with shit parents
>>
>>77882148
>Hermsworth wants this to become GOTG feat. Thor.
>Director agrees.
>It's not going to be shit, obviously.
>>
>>77881988
Avengers is bigger than Hunger Games.
>>
>>77882207
www.imdb.com/name/nm5403126/bio

Another yes girl
>>
>>77882206

If there's no Kat Dennings, that will already be an improvement; she's hot but incredibly irritating. Portman doesn't bother me as much.

Sif is best girl.
>>
>>77882271
Absolutely nothing on her resume, thanks Marvel.
>>
>>77881908
Are they any fans who pick Thor as their favorite that aren't teenage girls?
Everyone I've talked to that really likes him only likes him because he's hot and his movies are romance movies.
It must suck being a comic book Thor fan and having his character fucked in the ass by teen chick flick dick.
>>
>>77882271

Jesus fucking christ, it's so obvious.
>>
>>77882271
>Writer (1 credit)
>Ds2dio 360 (TV Series) (2012)

>Company Credits
>Production Co: DS2DIO

>Production Company - filmography
>12. "S2dio City" (2012)

>Series Cinematography by
>Alice Brooks (15 episodes, 2012)

>Cinematographer (51 credits)
>Jem and the Holograms (2015)

Oh my god.
>>
>>77881858
Did you do that line about Terrio when he was brought on board BvS a month after it started shooting?

Because you really should have.

>>77882309
There's nothing on Terrio's either. It's a mystery how he got the one he's ever had.

Probably sucking dick.
>>
>>77881908
Hes brother is more popular?
>>
>>77882602
>Because you really should have.

Why? Terrio had an Oscar when he was brought on board BvS. What does this chick have?
>>
>>77882602
>bringing up Terrio and BVS out of no where
Oh yeah? Well Terrio wrote Argo and has an Oscar to show for it. There. Did I quench your company war thirst?
>>
>>77881799
OH SO hilarious shit for girls and queers.
Awesome.
So...I guess MCU Herculese is going to be the one to have awesome monster fighting adventures.
>>
>>77882692
Not really, his brother is a nobody most famous for briefly fucking Miley Cyrus.

Oh, and he was keked in all the Hunger Games movies.
>>
>>77881799
Thor: Ragnarok under Perlmutter and the Marvel Creative Committee:
>acknowledged that the first two movies were steps in the wrong direction and trying to fix the Thor franchise by cutting back on the romcom and increasing the fantasy and going full dark tragedy
>written by seasoned writers familiar with the source material

Thor: Ragnarok under Feige and the Disney Overlords
>original script was "too dark"
>Thinks the problems with Thor: The Dark World was that there wasn't enough comedy and memes
>Buddy Cop comedy with Thor and Hulk written by literally who

Anyone that sided with Feige instead of Marvel on this split should feel ashamed of themselves.
>>
>>77882753
She has a webseries where she is blacked all the time
>>
>>77883002
At least Civil War was made before Perlmutter quitted.

Oh fuck, why don't we just flood Marvel?
>>
Ah I wouldn't worry. Thor/Hulk buddy comedy Norse apocalypse road trip will be good.
>>
>>77883002
Only reason why I'm looking forward to CW, GotG and IW is because they aren't controlled as much as the other movies

And the only good MCU movies were ones that didn't have much meddling from execs. (Iron Man, GotG, WS and Antman)
>>
>>77882753
Terrio had nothing when he was brought aboard Argo. Aside from a famous boyfriend, he still hasn't got anything.

>>77882813
Look at the post it's replying to, anon.

>>77883002
>The MCC

You mean Bendis?

You mean Bendis, don't you. Do you really think Bendis of all people has any idea how to make a movie?

He's even less experienced than Terrio or Folsom.

>Anyone that sided with Feige instead of Marvel on this split should feel ashamed of themselves.

They're both Marvel, anon. You've finally gone insane.
>>
Let me guess, the original script was too dark, so now they are making it sillier.
>>
>>77883698
If you want to believe that, then go ahead.
>>
>>77883943
It's Yost, dude. Guy killed Wallflower.
>>
Marvel fucked up with Thor so hard. They seriously had no idea what to do with their own character
>>
This is the one film of Phase 3 I'm most worried for. I mean, Thor Ragnorok should be easy to make! Thor vs. Demons and Asgard go BOOM! Why the hell are they throwing in Hulk and humor?!
>>
>>77884040
>kill one character
>HE'S DARK MAN

Yost also wrote The Dark World, before it was rewritten by the guys who did TWS. I'm willing to bet most of that "humor" is on him. New X-men had plenty of cheeky humor in it.
>>
>>77884339
>>kill one character
>>Yost
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

This is the fucker who did the school bus explosion. This is the guy who had Icarus tortured to death. This is the guy who had funeral after funeral during New X-Men

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>77884451
>Anonymous 12/03/15(Thu)10:44:47 No.77884451â–¶
>>>77884339 (You)
>>>kill one character
>>>Yost
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
>This is the fucker who did the school bus explosion. This is the guy who had Icarus tortured to death. This is the guy who had funeral after funeral during New X-Men
>You have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you? The guy did write Thor 2.
>>
>>77884304
>Okay guys, our Thor movies are not doing great. What should we do to make them better?
>Why don't we just add more humor?
>Hey let's also the Hulk! Casuals love Hulk and Humor!
>>
>>77882233

Thor is a rural godling with shit parents.
>>
>>77884652
I think it's more they want to use Hulk because they can't fit him in anything else right now and they don't have the right to make a Hulk solo movie.
>>
>>77884545
Thor 2 originally had the other realms and Valkyrie in it. I'm pretty sure they cut back a lot of planned stuff cause stingy marvel and director changes.
>>
>>77884652
We're in the era where people consider Squirrel Girl a bigger character. People got so wrapped up in the silliness of comics that they lost the serious stuff.
>>
>>77881908
He is popular though, little kids and women like him.
>>
File: literally who.png (8 KB, 635x86) Image search: [Google]
literally who.png
8 KB, 635x86
Are you fukcing kidding me
>>
>>77888444
How...do you even pronounce that other thing?
>>
The Thor movies might not be the best of the MCU, but I still enjoy them.
haters gonna hate
>>
>>77884906

Replace "people" with "Marvel" and you would be right.
>>
>>77888444
It's not like the producers are gonna accept her script as-is whether it's good or not.
>>
DANCE OFF HULK YOU AND ME
>>
>>77888477
Diz-to-Dio Three-Sixty
>>
>>77882466
Hahahahhaha where the hell did they find this bitch.

And dont say casting couch, the oversupply of desperate cooze in Hollywood has drastically lowered the purchasing power of sex
>>
>>77888757
>There are people who unironically hate the dance off.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-02-22-43-02.png (28 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-02-22-43-02.png
28 KB, 960x540
>>77882466
>ds2dio
Now I know what all those foreigners feel like.
>>
>>77881799

If Thor wasn't propped up by the shared Universe gimmick would any of you care at all? They really are bad movies guys
>>
>>77888900
It fit the tone gotg.

>MEMES
>REDDIT (our le rival website >:^()
>>
>>77882466
>Jem and the Holograms
DOA
>>
>>77882466
Holy shit, she's part of John Chu's crew.

Ragnarok:Step Up is coming
>>
>>77883002
wait is the buddy cop thing for real? nooooo
>>
>>77883515
Terrio: Oscar
some random yes woman: nothing
>>
Will Valkyrie or Enchantress be in this movie?
This is important.
>>
>>77888600
No, I feel like it's a general public thing, like how Jurrasic World somehow made so much money and Maleficent being a hit when it was shit.
>>
>>77889049
She has a track record doing dance cinematography for John Chu, given that doesn't translate, but she has more media experience than most Thor writers did on there first gig.

Im guessing she used some connects to get a dreamjob like any of us would do if we worked on say lightning or hairdressing or driving Richard donners car.
>>
>>77889181
Does it really fucking matter?
>>
>>77889181
Valkyrie apparently will.
>>
>>77883002
Cape shit was dying after MoS. A week of Ultron cemented this as a fact.

Civil W0r will be worse than Winter Soldier which is really the only good movie in the franchise, or the only good one that did not rely on gimmicks, it was simply a good story. Avengers was essentially the worlds first Cape Crossover event carried by that and just that alone.

Starting with Force Awakens, 2016 is gonna be the year of the Manchild holocaust.

It is all over for Disney & Marvel cash cows, there are too many suits calling shots, and these are the same people who bet on the live action meme.
>>
>>77882244
And Hiddleston stole his thunder(heh). No one cares about Chris.
>>
>>77889357

He got some big-boy critical acclaim after Rush, we'll see if he can take that and do anything with it. Blackhat's disasterous box-office couldn't have helped any.

Maybe his whale movie will be decent.
>>
File: worried.gif (406 KB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
worried.gif
406 KB, 300x166
>>77889233
>Starting with Force Awakens, 2016 is gonna be the year of the Manchild holocaust.
There are people who actually think this.
>>
>>77889187
Jurrassic world had a marketing juggernaut behind it and opened in every theatre known to man. I can't even think of a single person that I know who thinks the movie was even passably good. It made it's money in the first few weeks and fell out of the charts and out of peoples minds.

As for Maleficent? Dyke and feminist pandering(lol like they're mutually exclusive) + angelina jolie. It wasn't a hit so much as it was a curiosity to some and a colossal horrifying train wreck that people wanted to scoff at.
>>
>>77889496
>he thinks capeshit and star wars manchildren won't go apeshit over everything these movies will do "wrong"
>he thinks that these people won't be given a podium now that the hobby they've invested all their time and money into is mainstream

/co/ will be unbearable to be on until well after infinity wars is over.
>>
>>77888950
I would, since Thor is my favorite Marvel character and I'm an optimist that eventually they'll get it right.
>>
>>77889986
How do you feel about Hulk being in Ragnarok?
>>
Watch the season1 finale of the animated series Avengers earths mightiest heroes.

I think it can work minus the characters like cap, blackP, Widow and witch. Vision can sub for them
Iron Manlet, hulk needs to be there though. And make Thor more active

This time they can introduce Wasp.
>>
>tfw no cuhrazy, over the top, violent, heavy metal Thor movie

I want to see him slapping peoples shit, getting drunk, and flinging thunderbolts around
>>
How the fuck can't Yost write a good Thor story?
>>
>>77882233
It's not like his artistic vision will matter, hes got to answer to Feige
>>
File: reaction - dog.png (399 KB, 600x548) Image search: [Google]
reaction - dog.png
399 KB, 600x548
>>77888477
"Dee"-Studio 360

It seems to be some dance related youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uEquqgmLYo

I'm looking through the channel and "concerned about the writing" is a huge understatement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjEyxWlmKZE
>>
>>77884151

It all goes back to being afraid of embracing the fantastical elements and then shilling hard for Loki fangirls.
>>
>>77889357
Hiddleston is not doing fine lately, his last movie flopped hard.
>>
File: athorable.jpg (128 KB, 268x365) Image search: [Google]
athorable.jpg
128 KB, 268x365
>>77897500
>shilling hard for Loki fangirls

Pls stop that. Deep inside you know that's not true. The only good Loki movie was the first Thor. Whedon fucked his character in the ass so hard he can't be fixed anymore, and TDW barely had interesting scenes with him at all. Stop with the Loki fangirls boogeyman, you know Loki isn't the problem when it comes to Thor Movies.
>>
Will Cap 3 be the last good MCU movie? Since it was the last movie made under Perlmutter.

Seems like Feige will go full retard comedy from now on.
>>
>>77889433
>Rush
I don't usually like Sports films, but Rush was pretty great.
>>
>>77898338
That Guillermo del Toro film?
>>
Chris Hemsworth was perfectly cast as Thor, it's a shame his scripts have been shit.
>>
>>77894797
Not sure until I see how it's written, but obviously I want Beta Ray Bill, but with a dead Odin and only one movie to introduce him in I can understand why we're not getting him.
>>
>>77898641
Yep. I felt sorry for him but the movie was shit.
>>
>>77898645
THIS

Thor 1 was very, very mediocre to me. I don't even remember much of Thor 2.
>>
>>77882242
Rag Na Rok

Thor and Hulk set up a rock band in Asgard but Surtur and Loki complain about the noise.
>>
>>77898399
Loki was great in the first Thor because he was ambivalent and complex...then he turned into comedy quip villain.
>>
>>77901515
I liked the scene in his cell with Frigg, but other than that I felt Loke was only stealing focus from the main villain.
>>
>>77881799
I honestly didn't think Thor 1 was bad, TDW was made terrible by every scene having a second person there with the sole purpose to quip. At first I had hope when they said they had taken Thor in the wrong direction, had hoped that they would put him on some epic quest or SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES THOR! But this is sounding bad...

Except for the guaranteed Hulk vs Thor fight
>>
>Hype train for BvS is slowing down
>Hype train for Thor 3 just exploded in the station before starting
>Civil War still going strong
SAVE US BASED RUSSOS
>>
>>77901942
I liked Thor 1, definitely among the upper half of the MCU films.
>>
File: loki-season-one.png (131 KB, 245x287) Image search: [Google]
loki-season-one.png
131 KB, 245x287
>>77901515
I still don't understand how people can like Avengers and claim they loved his character (or the movie at all, seriously). I am the ultimate Lokifag and hated his character in that movie more than life itself.
>>
>>77882206
I thought Natalie Portman dropped out.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.