[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shows Your Parents Liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 19
File: grim adventures.jpg (84 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
grim adventures.jpg
84 KB, 1000x667
There are always threads about which shows our parents didn't allow us to watch, but did anyone ever watch any shows their parents actually liked in some way?

Pic related: my mum is Jamaican and she found Grim's Caribbean accent hilarious. I think she still says some of his lines every now and then for a laugh.
>>
My father loved the Powerpuff Girls.
>>
My father likes Road Runner cartoons but pretty much hates everything else
>>
File: lead_large.jpg (58 KB, 615x384) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.jpg
58 KB, 615x384
>>77876858
>Implying this wasn't the GOAT show to watch with your dad
>>
My brothers and I used to watch this around our dad and he got interested. He also likes Teen Titans. My mom on the other hand seems to actively dislike everything we like besides King of the Hill.
>>
My dad thought Johnny Bravo was hilarious. My mom liked Rugrats.
>>
File: space-ghost.jpg (171 KB, 376x211) Image search: [Google]
space-ghost.jpg
171 KB, 376x211
Our parents let us watch a lot of stuff other kids couldnt:the simpsons,family guy(when it just started),ren& stimpy,dragonball z etc..My dad loved space ghost.We watched it with him a lot.
>>
my parents loved south park so i used to watch it with them a lot as a kid they even bought me the movie was terrible parenting now that i look back on it though
>>
My dad liked Dexters Lab, Tintin and Spongebob. I have no clue what shows if any my mum liked.
>>
>>77877674
>terrible parenting now that i look back on it
Depends. Did they at least tell why you shouldn't do anything Cartman does?
>>
My dad liked Angry Beavers, really liked the first season of Ren and Stimpy, and fucking loved Rude Dog and the Dweebs, Mr. Bumpy, Mighty Max, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
>>
>>77876858
my dad used to watch lots of cartoons with me. he got pissed when theyd come back from a commercial break, complete with a 'we now return to' bumper, only for it to be the end credits. he kinda went back and forth with whether he had time for cartoons in his life, but mom mostly didnt at all..
but then i went with mom to the tobey maguire spider-man and afterwards she was like 'next they should do that thing with the black alien costume that takes over his brain' and i was so fucking proud she remembered that
>>
>>77877674
>even with good parents, people will grow up thinking restrictive parenting is okay
flying 'eck man. did south park teach you nothing? did you miss the point of that movie?
>>
When my brother and I got to see our dad, we'd watch Spongebob, Courage the Cowardly dog, and Rocky and Bullwinkle a lot. That was years ago though.
>>
File: Cybersix.jpg (51 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
Cybersix.jpg
51 KB, 288x216
>>77876858
My dad actually used to watch Cybersix with me like a decade ago when it re-aired on Teletoon.

in fact one of his sisters that lives in France looks like her too.
>>
>>77876858
King of the Hill was the family show for awhile.
Mom liked Billy and Mandy and Dexter's Lab.
She fucking loved Samurai Jack, Foster's Home and Powerpuff Girls as much (if not more) than I did.
They both liked old Looney Tunes stuff and Ren and Stimpy.
My stepdad is obsessed with Peanuts.
My mom would sometimes watch Adult Swim for a bit with me before she went to bed sometimes when I was in high school. She didn't really like it though.
>>
Apparently, my mother really like the way courage freaked out a lot, especially when he made this type of face
>>
>>77878166
Forgot to add.
My dad is a big fan of Venture Bros, Metalocalypse, and ATHF. I was with him and his friends once and his friend asked me if I watched Venture Bros and my dad went "He's my son, of course he does".
I had never watched it with my dad before that so that was cool.
>>
>>77876858
My dad liked DBZ, my mom liked Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents, and Jimmy Neutron
>>
My dad liked Megas XLR and Avatar: The Last Airbender. My mom had a particular fondness for the "Boating School" episode of Spongebob.
>>
>>77878218
I've been trying to get my dad to watch that shit, i know he'd like it.. but it's hard to motivate him to do anything. he just works and drinks
>>
My mom is such a pile of conflicting ideologies because she basically just listens to whoever will accept her.. but she likes south park! i just need to figure out a way for her to watch it.. because right now she's like like "oh my DVR can pickup the wifi and it runs youtube so i'm fine i don't need anything else"
like fuck yes you do.. you need the wisdom of south park in your life to explain why those protestors you passed dont make sense to you despite you being a bleeding heart that wants to help everyone
i tried hooking her laptop up with an hdmi cord but its graphics processing is too weak to handle more than 1fps at that size
>>
>>77877739
no, i think they just assumed i wouldnt

>>77878068
yeah but i got in trouble at school cause they would let me sing uncle fucker and say nothing about it so i wasted a lot of my learning time in the hallway, plus i was about 7 when this started but thats why i think it was bad parenting cause they didnt tell me not to do those things shouldve probably added that in sorry
>>
>>77878406
Get a Roku, really cheap and flawless. Get a Hulu subscription and you have all South Park, including the very newest ones.
>>
My parents never really watched stuff with me. I know my mom liked Recess and occasionally I overhear my dad whistling the Teen Titans theme song.
>>
>>77876858
my Dad has a crapload of Hanna Barbera cartoons downloaded. I haven't seen him in a few years but he probably still watches them
>>
>>77878537
so you didnt learn from that movie 'dumbass authorities dont want you saying certain words' ? because it made that pretty clear too. or yknow, you could just have learned from the FIRST time you got in trouble.
>>
>>77878558
>Subscription
man i aint payin for it. i dont use any machines that are replacements for computers, i use computers. i just need to get her a better computer somehow. she has a tablet she doesnt even use, i wonder if that fucker can hook up to the tv...
>>
>>77876858
My grandparents loved to watch courage the cowardly dog with me, they'd always compared themselves to eustace and muriel
>>
>>77878627
i was fucking 7 i didn't get practically all the meaning of the movie back then it was just funny words to me and i was a pretty dumb kid honestly
>>
>>77878852
I don't get why schools don't explain things for kids. I got sent to the principal because I touched a girl's leg and she was ultra pissed and I had no Idea why. To me a leg was as important as a nose/arm/hair.

Feels like you need to have a below average IQ to work in the education system.
>>
Both my parents love Gravity Falls and Over the Garden Wall, my dad loves Invader Zim, and my mom loves ATLA. She also watches a little bit of Adventure Time & Regular Show. I'm just glad they're not like those people who think cartoons are just stupid kid stuff. Can't stand that mentality.
fuck the Oscars and fuck their animated film category voters[/spoilers]
>>
>>77879043
that's something that SHOULDNT be explained to you. or her.
>>77878852
well i wasnt that dumb at 7 but i guess everyone's different
>>
>>77876858
My mom fucking LOVED Action League Now!
>>
File: 1448907628662.gif (701 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
1448907628662.gif
701 KB, 500x260
>>77876858
I mostly watched Cartoon Network. I think there was just one kid that primarily watched Nickelodeon in my entire neighborhood then.
My mom loved Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Courage the Cowardly Dog and Foster's Home.
The rest I have no idea if she doesn't like, but she didn't like Ed Edd 'n Eddy at all.
My dad liked most, if not all of the cartoons I watched. I remember him almost screaming when Mr. Meaty came on, because it was terrifying to him, and he didn't feel like watching Nick stuff after that.
We only watched Rugrats and Invader Zim after that on Nickelodeon when only dad was home.
Both of my parents liked Samurai Jack.
>>
My mother and I would always watch sunday night cartoons

And when my older cousin babysat me she loved to watch Ed Edd n Eddy with me.
>>
>>77879420
yeah i was just stupid and i missed out basically all my education for the first few years of school cause they thought i was autismo and put me in special classes and wouldnt remove me until i proved i wasnt and i was weird so it killed any chance of me being smart back in primary
>>
File: futurama.jpg (61 KB, 530x543) Image search: [Google]
futurama.jpg
61 KB, 530x543
Not a parent but my grandma always finds some joke or situation that makes her laugh when me and my brother watch futurama at her home.
>>
>>77879597
oh man, having a schedule was so boss. i miss having TV come into the house
>those thursday nights rushing home for simpsons, piling onto the couch just in time
>then sunday nights
>then every night, at which point i was insufferable because i needed to be home to see it
>watching SNICK with dad every saturday as he laments not having a couch, big orange or otherwise
>>
>>77876858
My dad really liked Fairly Odd Parents. For some reason.
>>
My mom loves Transformers. She can still quote the entire 1986 movie. For her birthday one year, I bought her a Kup action figure and she went nuts over it.
>>
>>77879711
best mom
>>
File: candice wut.jpg (9 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
candice wut.jpg
9 KB, 126x126
>>77876858
My dad really likes Phineas and Ferb. Pretty sure its his favourite show.
>>
File: 1289077469634.jpg (9 KB, 183x185) Image search: [Google]
1289077469634.jpg
9 KB, 183x185
>kids in the future will populate a thread like this in 5 seconds because all their parents used to be lifeless manchildren/womanchildren (us)
>>
My mom liked Courage the Cowardly Dog. She used to sit with me while watching. She was also a big fan of Thunderbirds (she hasn't seen the remake yet). My father is not a big fan of cartoons but whenever the Simpsons are on, he sits down and watch it.
>>
I remember my mom liking Foster's and My Gym Partner's A Monkey.
We also get the family together for a week in December to watch the Christmas classics.
>>
>>77876858
My mom liked Snoopy and thought every other cartoon me and my brother watched was worthless shit. My father thought all of it was worthless shit.

I love my parents, but their taste in cartoons leaves much to be desired.
>>
File: 2e3.png (351 KB, 1127x649) Image search: [Google]
2e3.png
351 KB, 1127x649
>>77879849
>implying it's a bad thing

so far I can say my little brother's taste in entertainement is much better that that of a lot of adults I've met, and that's mostly because I've almost always watched tv shows with him and enjoyed explaining to him why I thought they were good or not.

I can only hope to have the same kind of influence on my future son
>>
Mom loved Ren and Stimpy. As a kid her favorite was Squiddly Diddly.

Dad likes alot of stuff, as long as its dirty or has enough bathroom humor. Currently he loves Gotham, which is... not one of those, but neat.
>>
>>77877674
My dad hates most "fun" things that aren't action movies, but my mom, sister and I would watch south park all the time
My sister and I use cartman's voice when calling for her (or a version of it distorted by years of family jokes)
And when I went home the last christmas or so they got HttYD from netflix without any goading by me and they both liked it
>>
>>77879849
>implying any of us will ever get laid
>>
File: 1442464334886.gif (942 KB, 253x216) Image search: [Google]
1442464334886.gif
942 KB, 253x216
I wish I had cool parents like this, mine tell me that cartoons and videogames are a fucking waste of time and that I should focus on moving out and getting a job
I'm only 18
>>
>>77879849

>me having kids

I'd rather have a rabid goat bite my dick off.
>>
>>77880014
are they unaware of what currently keeps america and to a lesser extent japan afloat?
>>
>>77876858
My mum was never into anything but my dad is. He got pretty excited over Samurai Jack coming back when I told him.
>>
My dad watched DBZ and Pokemon with me.

Mum like 90s Nick shows like Rugrats and Ahh Real Monsters. In the later years she like Avatar, South Park and golden age Family guy
>>
>>77880095
they're spics, mom came over when she was 15 and dad dropped out of his Sophomore year of HS. Of course they don't know.
>>
My mom liked most cartoons, except for ones with overtly ugly art styles, but definitely preferred animation from the Golden Age. In terms of modern stuff, she loved early Spongebob.

My dad liked Ren and Stimpy, Angry Beavers, and Johnny Bravo, but for some reason vehemently denies it now. He looks down on pretty much all animation and knows pretty much nothing about it, which may explain why the only shows he admits to liking are MacFarlane shows. Won't even give other adult comedies a chance. Also used to like South Park, but hasn't watched it in years.

We all used to watch the Simpsons together, but as the episodes got worse we stopped. My mom will still sometimes watch the old ones, but my dad claims that they were never good.
>>
>>77876858
Cow and Chicken and Spongebob, my Dad liked Jimmy Neutron and my mom liked Dexter
>>
My mom and I would watch South Park, Futurama, and a lot of dubbed anime, namely Ghost in the Shell, Descendants of Darkness, Hellsing. Eventually, when they came out, we'd watch Supernatural and Doctor Who together. I miss those times.
>>
>>77880194
oh yeah i've heard about that, ridiculous workaholics those mexicoons
>>
>>77876858
My mom adores Courage the Cowardly Dog and still watches it on "The Netflix" with my kid. She's also holding out hope that Sheep in the Big City will be added some day.

My dad would come running to watch Ren and Stimpy (his Ren impression is phenomenal) and Hey Arnold with me. First time I remember ever seeing him cry was the Pigeon Man episode.
>>
File: 1434932819373.jpg (33 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1434932819373.jpg
33 KB, 512x384
SpongeBob

I'm surprise even my dad noticed the change in quality between original and later episodes
>>
>>77876858
>Hey, Arnold
my parents said they enjoyed the serious real-life scenarios and conflicts
>>
File: lmc.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lmc.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>77876858
Hell yeah!

It it just me or are people missing the fucking point of this thread?

It isn't about shit your parents liked to watch with you, or shit you got them to watch and enjoy, it's about what old stuff your parents liked, that YOU also liked. You know: you wandered in and watched something they were looking at, and found you liked it, too.
>>
My dad liked The Last Airbender and Justice League. My mom liked Batman Brave and the Bold.
>>
File: doug.jpg (64 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
doug.jpg
64 KB, 640x361
>>77876858
My Dad was watching Doug before me, so I'd sometimes watch it with him.
Plus me and my brother got him into Freakazoid!
>>
>>77881651
>It it just me or are people missing the fucking point of this thread?
Yeah I see at least one
>>
File: Ozzy_and_Drix.jpg (33 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
Ozzy_and_Drix.jpg
33 KB, 300x226
My Mom was a Med Student when I watched this show, so she enjoyed watching it with me
>>
>>77881871
I get it...I misunderstood the wording. It IS about your parents liking stuff you like instead of the other way around.
>>
>>77876858
My mom always liked alot of shows from nick and disney. Her favorites were Spongebob, FOP, Recess, The Replacements, and Phineas and Ferb. She'd always played the Phineas and Ferb theme just to annoy me
>>
My mom love animation in general, but mostly she love 90's classic like animaniacs, DBZ, etc and also like modern thing like Adventure time and Clarence
Heck, when i was like young we watched together like South Park, Akira, Ninja Scrolls
>>
My dad watched spongebob, samurai jack and courage with me. My mum would always crack up when I tried to imitate squidward's footsteps.
>>
My parents liked Spongebob, Phineas & Ferb, The simpsons.
>>
My mum hates all animation besides movies but my dad likes a few. When I was younger it was mostly South Park, Drawn Together and other adult cartoons but oddly I don't think he liked Family Guy much. Now that I'm older he's watching Adventure Time and is obsessed with Star Wars: The Clone Wars I'm trying to get him in to other shows like Sym Bionic Titan and Steven Universe but I can't get copies of them yet for him to watch.
>>
>>77876858
Things my mother would watch with me
>Anything Disney
>Rugrats
>Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
>The Madagascar movies

Things my father would watch with me
>Spongebob
>Peanuts specials (He wants to see the new movie with me when I visit him for Christmas)
>Rocky and Bullwinkle
>>
>>77876858
My dad liked Angry Beavers.

Other than that, while he was around, we'd watch Futurama and Family Guy on Adult Swim and whatever else we got interested in.
>>
Why do you think I've ever watched cartoons? Because my parents didn't want me around.
They didn't watch cartoons with me.
>>
>>77877155
Same. He liked Dexter's lab a lot too.

Oh, and Spongebob. We're both huge fans of golden age Spongebob.

We also marathoned The Last Airbender together when we were housesitting somewhere, though I liked it more than he did.

He also really liked Star Wars TCW more recently.
>>
Space Ghost and SpongeBob are pretty much all my parents bothered to watch with me. The rest they can't seem to stand, which would probably explain why they "banned" half the cartoons that were on growing up.
>>
Daria (which I thought was boring)
>>
>>77885175
Ditto. They only wanted live-action stuff on tv.
>>
My dad was into Cow and Chicken for some reason. It's always the cartoon he refers to if the subject is brought up.
>>
My dad and I watched space Dandy when it aired on Toonami. He saw the zombie episode and loved it.
I should get him the bluray for christmas.
>>
Dad likes Birdman(?) he occasionally shout BIIIIIIIIIIIRDMAN, same thing with He-man, speed racer. Stuff like that
>>
>>77877155
My mother loved PPG too.
>>
>>77879631
My mother loved this show to death back when it aired.

My father however despised it. Hell when it came back on Comedy Central he and Mom were in the living room and he said "Who the hell let this shit back on TV?"
>>
My mom loves Johnny Bravo
>>
>>77878208
My mom LOVES Courage.
>>
My mom thought Johnny Bravo was the funniest thing ever, whenever we caught Cartoon Network shows like cowchicken and samurai jack came on some weird Italian channel. And my grandpa (old Italian dude) actually got really into dbz sometimes since it was always on when I went to their house
>>
my dad loves mimicking the mandark laugh
>>
The only cartoon I've ever seen my mom watch is the episode of South Park where all the kids get kicked out of the city and become Mongols.
>>
File: 22382849.jpg (62 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
22382849.jpg
62 KB, 360x480
>>77876858
I have fond memories of watching bugs bunny and loony toons with my dad in the mornings.

And he took me to go see the wild thorn berries and then jimmy neutron in theater. And I loved the jimmy neutron movie so much he got me this cool toy for christmas.

Otherwise nah parents weren't into cartoons and didn't pay much attention to what I watched.
>>
Dad: Really got into DBZ, even owns a few of the DVDs. He also would watch some other CN anime when I was a kid now and then like the original Mobile Suit Gundam, Outlaw Star and Big O. He also liked Batman TAS when it first aired. Also the usual stuff like Simpsons and Futurama.

Mom: Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Animaniacs, Pinky & The Brain, Freakazoid

Both of them would watch Space Ghost Coast to Coast and X-Men TAS in the 90s when they were about my age now.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.