[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KOTH Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: latest.jpg (8 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
8 KB, 400x300
I am from Texas and KOTH pisses me off. It is less funny than Simpsons and Family Guy. Every episode boils down to this Hank vs New Age. Hank calls it stupid and threatens to beat its ass.

Also I am tired of people asking me if we are like the people on that show. We are not.

Any Texas Anons Here?
>>
File: 1388163640588s.jpg (1 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1388163640588s.jpg
1 KB, 100x100
>>77871628
>>
>Also I am tired of people asking me if we are like the people on that show

Because you have to answer yes every time. You talk about sports, grilling, lawncare, shooting.
>>
>>77871628
>Any Texas Anons Here?
Yep.

>Also I am tired of people asking me if we are like the people on that show. We are not.
Why do you lie?
>>
>Not liking King of the Hill

Imagine being this low-IQ.
>>
>>77871628
It gets areas of Texas dead-on that I miss living in. Also sorry that you can't appreciate dry humor.
>>
>tfw they go to whataburger

It always triggers my cravings for it
>>
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxP442T-aZ0
>>
>>77871628
>We are not.
Faggot Austin hippy identified
>>
>>77871628

>Every episode boils down to this Hank vs New Age. Hank calls it stupid and threatens to beat its ass.

That applies mostly to the second half of the series, when Mike Judge and Greg Daniels had less involvement in the show and caused it to resort to the same plots over and over again and ignoring any meaningful character development, like what happens when most good sitcoms go on for too long.

However, for most of the early seasons, you're wrong.
>>
>>77877625
I didn't know Whataburger was a real place until I moved to Florida and saw one.

>tfw it closed down years ago
>>
>>77871628
DUSTY OLD BONES FULL OF GREEN DUST
>>
>>77878064
90% of the stuff in the show was real or based on something real.

>There are people that call the powderpuff cheerleading episode absurd because they don't know it's a real tradition
>There are people that call bullshit on Peggy surviving her fall out of plane when it was based on that skydiving school near DFW that had the exact same thing happen like a year before that episode
>There are people who don't remember the glass animal in mall kiosk craze or how wild the Spring Break parties used to be at Port Aransas
>There are people who don't get the mascot episode was a parody of the UT/A&M rivalry and stealing the dog
>There are people who don't remember when the Dallas Cowboy's training camp was in Wichita Falls and that they do have two Dillards in the same mall

It's like a snapshot in time. Even that crazy pork guy was based on a real guy. I think it was one of the Armour meat company people
>>
File: the freedom feels so good.jpg (90 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
the freedom feels so good.jpg
90 KB, 500x383
>>77878259
don't forget Chuck Mangione is apparently a real person too.
>>
This reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill where that guy from out of state comes to Arlen and assumes everyone in Texas wears cowboy clothing
>>
>>77878259
>>There are people that call the powderpuff cheerleading episode absurd

mind reminding me what this one was about/what people called bullshit on?
>>
>>77878785
The boys in the football team crossdressing as cheerleaders and cheering the girls playing football.
>>
The Willie Nelson and Green Day episodes are two of my favorites.
>>
>>77878539
I'LL FIGHT YA PILGRIM
>>
File: 1440513410688.jpg (189 KB, 1599x898) Image search: [Google]
1440513410688.jpg
189 KB, 1599x898
>>77871628
>he's from Texas
>>
>>77878866
That's even a thing in Ohio. I'm surprised people would call bullshit on that.
>>
>It is less funny than Simpsons and Family Guy

stopped reading right there op. you can smell that bait a mile away, just like from in jumpin' crack bass
>>
>>77880698

>BLuE ARMS
>>
>>77881264
Go away, Chris-chan
>>
>>77880493
To protect the world from devastation PILGRIM
>>
>>77871628
I find that KOTH appeals to more mature audiences.
>>
File: 1413159126475.jpg (9 KB, 237x346) Image search: [Google]
1413159126475.jpg
9 KB, 237x346
>>77871628
Shut the fuck up, Austin, KOTH was the best thing Texas-related thing since Dr. Pepper.

As a REAL Texan, KOTH is fucking spot on for the most part and Hank is one of my all time favorite characters in fiction.

Get fucked, OP.
>>
KOTH made me have more respect for Texans, and now you have undone that, OP.
>>
File: 1447036663747.png (92 KB, 300x195) Image search: [Google]
1447036663747.png
92 KB, 300x195
>>77878409
>>77878259
Fucking really!?
Now I really want to visit Texas.
>>
>>77892865
Texas is objectively the best place to visit in the US.

Come to San Antonio.

Give us ur tourist bux.
>>
is the beer they drnk real? please be real
>>
>>77893288
Nah, that's just a fiction brand.

Most people here drink Bud Light.

Mexicans drink Corona.

And tequila. But only on weekends.
>>
>>77893288
There is an actual Alamo Beer but it isn't the inspiration for the beer on the show, which people say is an homage to Lone Star.
>>
>>77893400
Some of us drink Shiner.
>>
>>77893469
Mexicans?

Because I'm Mexican and I've never meet one that drinks Shiner.

Or are you just referring to Texans in general?

Because, yeah, some dudes with good taste like Shiner.
>>
>>77878409
There's a record store in my town where they they have a bookcase full of free records outside. Me and a friend found a couple copies of Feels So Good there once.
>>
>>77893560
Well I'm white and I like Shiner.

I also like Corona, to be fair. And Dos Equis and Negra Modelo and Pacifico.

Mexicans just make fucking good beer.
>>
File: 1442056831079.jpg (51 KB, 260x290) Image search: [Google]
1442056831079.jpg
51 KB, 260x290
>>77893400
>Most people here drink Bud Light
maybe in fagville Austin.
>>
>>77871628
I'm from Texas, I like the show. My town was kinda like Arlen before the White Flight hit the town and they moved to the rich neighborhoods or the rich neighborhoods in the "white" towns.
>>77892865
We have pretty much every biome you can think of and the weather can get pretty erratic sometimes. Be prepared to bring a winter coat or hoodie if you're visiting in March, just in case.
>>
>>77893626
I spent 20 years in Texas, nearly all of it in Waco where I grew up. Then I moved away for a bit, and now I'm back.

I lived in Austin for a little bit and I can't understand why everyone thinks it's so great. I prefer Dallas and Houston.
>>
So an honest question to all Texans; do people actually get freaked out over snow? or is that just an exaggeration
>>
>>77893697
Not really, we're just kind of overly excited about it since we almost never see it.
>>
>>77893697
Maybe up in the Panhandle, where they actually get blizzards, we don't freak out, but otherwise, yeah. Part of it's that freezing temps plus precipitation is just as likely to create an ice storm, which is even worse.
>>
>>77871628
From Austin here, and Hank reminds me a lot of my dad. Granted, my old man is from Beaumont, and threw rocks at black people because "Thats what Tarzan did" but hes also constantly at odd with the new age. Finding all the weird, PC stuff in the media to be horrifying, and constandly reminding me that he could buy a new car for the same price as any real smartphone phone on the market. Granted KOTH takes it to an extreme, I can still appreciate it in some regards.

I like KOTH but it boggles the mind to think that people outside of texas liked it.
>>
>>77895171
This, in Austin, we maybe get one day of ice, and aside from a few extra accidents, theres really nothing to say about it. Just more bipolar fucking weather.
>>
>>77893685
Ft. Worth here, I can't stand Houston, I'll take the hipster garbage of Austin over the humidity and niggerdom of Houston any day
>>
>>77871628

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>77892980
The only part of San Antonio worth visiting is downtown the rest of that city is a ghetto
>>
>>77878259
>There are people who don't remember when the Dallas Cowboy's training camp was in Wichita Falls
My dad took me when I was around Bobby's age, I met Bill Bates. Shit was so cash
>>
I live in the exact parts of Texas that Arlen was based on, and yes, it was hilariously accurate.
>>
Louisianian here, but Hank reminds me a lot of a less chill version of my dad. As in, my dad's regularly said stuff like "that boy ain't right" even though he doesn't watch the show.
>>
>>77893697
I'm from Dallas, it's welcome but not that big a deal. Like I said in >>77893629, it's possible to get snow in March but we usually get it earlier.
>>
>>77892980
Dallas is great, getting pretty gentry though.
>>
>>77893288
I always thought it was just lone star knock off.

>>77893697
depends on the area, no body knows how to fucking drive during ice is a big problem.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.