[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamesradar just put up the text for the superhero registration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
Gamesradar just put up the text for the superhero registration act for MCU (it's included in the Avengers 2 box)

I don't understand, how is this objectionable at all? Cap's going to go rogue because he doesn't want the Avengers to operate under international law?

Avengers 2 was a pile of crap, but now it's looking like all of phase 3 will be garbage.
>>
Yeah but what are those rules exactly? It's basically too many interested parties deeming when and where the avengers can go or do. I know it's not directly stated here but it's implied Cap would be told to stand down against crimes he would find wrong but the UN would deem acceptable losses. Not to mention the possible HYDRA moles
>>
I guess /co/ doesn't care about Civil War?
>>
>>77868402
But the Avengers already were controlled by SHIELD and its shadowy UN board
>>
>>77868301
>Shall no longer operate freely or unregulated...acting only when and if the panel deems it appropriate and/or necessary.
To be fair, our own UN is a mess and can barely decide or do anything. If they had control of the Avengers, all they'd be doing is sitting around on the Couch waiting for a call that never comes.
>>
>>77868430
When exactly did the avengers answer to Fury? Yeah he brought them together, but they mostly worked with SHEILD rather than for. Cap briefly did but soon took issue with it
>>
>>77868440
>>77868402
You're right, it just seems so much less important.

Cap used to be a soldier, being under the yoke of authority isn't something he's a stranger to. I always thought his objection to the SRA was that it endangered and violated the liberty of other citizens and not just himself.
>>
>>77868440
Fucking this. Nothing would get done ever.
>>
>>77868440
So basically it would be a live action Bendis Avengers comic
>>
>>77868301
Well Murrika doesnt care about the UN and commits war crimes every day.
MCU cap is ok with American drones killing children, so he probably would get mad if the UN tells him is not ok to split the head of a palestionean.

And you are right OP, there's nothing bad in that paper.The comic made a pretty big deal about being n AMERICAN law that murrikan wanted to FORCE other countries to agree with, Marvel heroes don't even have secret identities. So this movie is just shit. Seriously, it could had been better if it was just about Shield wanting to kill bucky and iron man wanted to kill him due his father being a victim of the winter soldier
>>
It's important to note it's different from the comic RA given the secret identity. But I think Cap is worried about the avenger legacy and what time and the UN would turn it into.
>>
>>77868526
He was a 'soldier'.
A soldier that disobeyed orders to save his friend, and then worked with those in charge to kill Nazis.
>>
>>77868634
Isn't ther a goat you should be fucking somewhere habeeb?
>>
>>77868430
At what part were they as a group 'controlled' by SHIELD?
Even the two that were SHIELD agents operated under Fury's direct purview and pretty much nothing else and Steve didn't trust Fury and wasn't too impressed with SHIELD so his short tenure there was basically him pouting.
>>
>>77869070
The Avengers was explicitly a SHIELD initiative operating under SHIELD's authority.
>>
File: Camel.jpg (22 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Camel.jpg
22 KB, 210x240
>>77868301
>Vision
>>
>>77868301
>Cap's going to go rogue because he doesn't want the Avengers to operate under international law?
No, because muh Bucky.
>>
>>77868301
>how is this objectionable?
Someone that just genuinely wants to help people doesn't want to be told by beurocrats when he can and can't help people. It's not that hard.
>>
>>77868402
Do UN resolutions have as much shady crap snuck in them as US bills tend to have?
>>
>>77869262
Keep in mind this isn't Cap going "I disagree with this and refuse to sign," this is Cap going "I disagree with this and I'M GOING TO FIGHT YOU NAO"
>>
M-MUH FREEDUMS!!

*single eagle tear*

Anyone that defends Kektain Americunt is a shithead
>>
>I agree to keep doing what I keep doing, except I give up all my rights a bunch of politicians who will tell me what to do, when, and how.

Yeah, I don't see any problem with this either, OP.
>>
>>77868634
>MCU cap is ok with American drones killing children
Hey, he was cool with Japan getting nuked.
>>
>>77869323
No, but only because they're unenforceable. If they had any real stakes, you can bet your ass people would try to change them to be as beneficial to private interests as possible.
>>
>>77869090
You didn't answer the question. Getting them together doesn't mean control, especially considering 3/4 of Avengers is basically a majority of the characters doing whatever they wanted, and the entire climax was built around the conflict of interests between SHIELD and the team.
>>
>>77868848
I'm from Belgium pleb. How edgy do you have to be to believe killing children on the other side of the world is ok?
>>
>>77869333
Well now that's a stupid conclusion to jump to.
>>
>>77869262
>doesn't want to be told by beurocrats when he can and can't fight people
If he were just handing out supplies, healing the sick, and teaching people trade skills, there wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>77869262
He can help people, but how is "helping people" the same as invading another country and kill people? as they did in 3 days of quiptron.
>>
>>77869333
All we know from the trailer is that he's fighting because they're hunting his best friend to use as a patsy and they're using former Avengers to do it.
>>
>>77869262
>>77869387

This is after the Avengers were involved in the largest diaster on American soil since 911(in Nee york even!) a huge attack at the nations capital and got a whole country fucked AND almost wiped out all life on earth

You can't even use HYDRA as an excuse because SHIELD just proved how easy it is for "good guys" to go full retard, remember, Fury was totally down with Insight

Cap is fighting to put the world in a bottle and dressing it up in a flag.

When your condom breaks and you get the clap, you dont go FUCK CONTRACEPTION and rawdog every crack whore in Baltimore. YOU GET BETTER PROTECTION.

AOU and TWS both proved unilateral power without oversight leds to mass death.

How the fuck is Cap not being stupid here?
>>
>>77869421
Because that's not what he's meant to do and that's not his skill set.
The Avengers are a reactive team, hence the name. They don't fight until someone fights first or somethings at stake.
>>
>>77869692
What part of Age of Ultron do you think would have been solved by adding an inept and/or corrupt government bureaucracy?
>>
>>77869748
See:
>>77869511

You can run around ignoring international borders and attacking people you deem as bad guys unless you're the US government.
>>
>>77870420
>"I'm going to use this scepter to make Skynet."
>"No."
>>
>>77870551
So you'd save the movie by destroying the whole plot?

Or would you just have a different origin story for Ultron.

Because if that's what you want, just say that instead of being retarded.
>>
>>77870507
If they hadn't violated international borders Ultron would have destroyed the earth.

So that's how adding a bureaucracy would have improved the movie? Making it a grimderp DC-ending because the Avengers were all sitting around waiting for their visas to be approved?
>>
>>77870635
What the fuck are you talking about?

Anon (you?) was asking how a bureaucracy would have improved things in-universe. Nothing I said had to do with how good of a story it is.
>>
>>77870685
What? they violeted the boarders at the start of the movie, ultron was their fault.
>>
>>77870685
If Tony wasn't acting on his own with no supervision or rules, Ultron wouldn't have been created in the first place.

You're assuming that a team like the Avengers would intrinsically be less corrupt or incompetent than any public body overseeing them.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.