[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sheriff of babylon storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 23
get here to get some freedom!
>>
>>77866050
>>
>>77866058
>>
>>77866068
>>
>>77866082
>>
>>77866093
>>
>>77866050
The fuck is this shit about?
>>
>>77866100
>>
>>77866111
>>77866103
No idea, haven't read it yet. But it's probably about the USA imparting some freedom.
>>
>>77866126
>>
>>77866136
>>
>>77866141
>>
>>77866160
>>
>>77866175
>>
>>77866185
>>
>>77866189
also, should I post the lucifer preview or what?
>>
>>77866205
>>
>>77866214
>>
>>77866160
>>77866175
Goddamn, stone cold
>>
>>77866222
>>
>>77866230
>>
>>77866246
>>
I have mixed feelings about this, but wil check the second issue because I trust King to deliver.
>>
>>77866082
Someone post that Webm. You know the one.
>>
>>77866254
>>
>>77866268
there, no lucifer preview because it's not a freedom comic.
>>
>>77866276
Also, this should be your soundtrack for the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtQTriNVdZc only because the US use NIN for torture and shit.
>>
Not really feeling this one as much as King's other stuff, but thanks for the storytime anyway OP
>>
Is this operator shit? It looks like operator shit.
>>
>>77866346
I like it more than most of his other stuff except maybe Vision.
>>
King had 3 comics come out today? what a time to be alive
>>
Is King's cape work actually better than his indie stuff?

I wasn't expecting that.
>>
>>77866082
>tfw previously deployed and had to train INA and INP
>tfw this is not at all an exaggeration
>tfw I've been called racist for telling this story
>>
>>77866185
Sofia is cold blooded, damn.
>>
I have mixed feelings on King. This has potential, and so does Vision. The GL book he did was, hands down, the best thing I've read this year. But, man, Robin War is already leaning hard into "fuck the white man" territory, and it's not doing that particularly well. Also, that book he wrote is pretty damn bad, though I'll admit I've only read the first few chapters so far.
>>
>>77869337
I know about this and Vision. What's the third?
>>
>>77870598
Robin War.
>>
>>77870259
>But, man, Robin War is already leaning hard into "fuck the white man" territory

are you seriously this triggered about Gotham cops, I repeat, GOTHAM cops depicted as assholes, manipulated by the Court of Owls and kids being idiotic fight the power vigilante wannabes inspired by the bat and the bird?
>>
This was actually really good, I'm not seeing the hate.
>>
>>77869337
Omega Men was originally 1st week too
So we could've had four in one day
>>
>>77872344
I too enjoyed it and am looking forward to more
>>
>>77872344
Same here. I think some people are just sour about Robin War (which I quite liked). Still think cosmic seems to be King's strongest suit though.
>>
>>77866276
>>77866268
>>77866254
I am confuse.
>>
>>77876811
It's just asynchronous storytelling. It's showing the leadup to Chris being called, while the dialogue details what happens after he gets called.
>>
>>77877156
Oh okay. Yea the pages to me weren't really clear. I thought they were showing that Sofia and the other guy had the trainees killed, and Chris is going to them for help without realizing they were the cause.

Unless that is what's being shown and I'm being a dunce right now.
>>
This worth reading?
>>
>>77878211
Make up your own mind sheep
>>
>>77866346
>>77876811
Like >>77877156 said.
I like it.

Basically, Chris is training the police. Sofia is working on the Iraqi council but is a stone cold killer, more like a mob-boss than anything else. It's obviously illegal, but she gets things down, so people turn a blind eye to her. Sofia did a favor for Nassir by handing over three people. Nassir killed those people for killing his daughters. But one of those people Nassir killed was a police trainee under Chris. When the body was found, Chris called Sofia for help, not sure what to do being green in Iraq. Sofia, in exchange for giving Nassir those three people, asked Nassir to "investigate" the incident so that they could both cover their tracks.

This seems like a book better read in trades, and I would have liked this released as a single book than as floppies
>>
>>77873123
Grayson #15 was originally solicited for today as well. WE COULD HAVE HAD FIVE KING BOOKS
>>
>>77879702
Amazing
>>
>>77870114
>disband Iraqi military
>train a new shit one as an afterthought
The Iraqi military is one of the most dysfunctional militaries in world and it's America's fault.
>>
>>77866082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFGFYqr-jyw
>>
>>77878364
>This seems like a book better read in trades, and I would have liked this released as a single book than as floppies

Nah. I love this kind of stuff. You're supposed to have no clue as to what's going on at this point - just like our main protag. The plot will become clearer as the issues go on, pacing out the reveals neatly.

We should post this to /k/ - probably have half a dozen come forward to say not only were they in Baghdad at the time but this story is really about some shadowy shit that they themselves got up to while there.
>>
>>77881654
>We should post this to /k/ - probably have half a dozen come forward to say not only were they in Baghdad at the time but this story is really about some shadowy shit that they themselves got up to while there
That's not a bad idea actually. Could be interesting.
>>
>>77880311
Well yeah, the point of the whole Iraq adventure was to spend as much money as imaginable. You can't very well justify the expense of training a new army if there's a perfectly functional old army still hanging around, can you? Same deal with the destruction of hospitals and public utilities. It's not that they need to get blown up to win the war; they need to get blown up so that we can hand somebody a fat no-bid contract to rebuild them. And hey, if the rebuilt stuff is too shitty to use, so much the better because MORE no-bid contracts! Everybody who gets a say in the matter wins!
>>
>>77880311
The old one was shit too. Arabs hoard knowledge because they think it makes them more important, so crew chiefs don't hand out manuals for tank repair to their underlings and officers don't share battle plans until it's time for a unit to act.
>>
reading bump
>>
I liked this issue. King looks to have a strong suit for building character through their actions and their response to it, and makes us share the protagonist's vision. It's the exact same thing he did in Omega men. He's a show, don't tell writer.
>>
>>77866050
Fuck yes JPL cover
>>
>>77866058
King really like this template

remember seeing this in Omega Men a couple of times
>>
>>77887015
>a couple of times

Nearly every issue so far.
>>
Bumping for based King
>>
File: ku-xlarge.jpg (74 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ku-xlarge.jpg
74 KB, 640x360
>>77881966
It's the war economy!
>>
>>77880311
It's kind of what happens when you disband an entire military and then don't even bother training another unitl almost a year later... oh, and not even bothering to initiate martial law.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.