[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Robert Venditti's run on Green Lantern any good? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1987x3056
Is Robert Venditti's run on Green Lantern any good? I've liked the stuff he's written for Valiant, so I was thinking about checking it out.
>>
>>77857302
>Is Robert Venditti's run on Green Lantern/Flash any good?
No.
>>
>>77857302

Flash is absolute Dogshit and his initial GL was an abortion. Though all the Rogue GL stuff has been fine.
>>
The idea of light being a limited resource is just so bad. And for that reason the first arc or two are really hard to get through. It does get better. Its mildly entertaining. His ship currently is essentially glados from portal and she's the highlight of every issue.
>>
It's depressing dc has so utterly failed to keep the hype train going for green lantern by following johns with an A list writer. They're just content to watch the franchise wither.
>>
>>77857302
>>77857500
>>77857469
>>77857544
>>77857610
OG Parallax might be cool though. The book has been getting better and Parahal wrecking the Sinestro Corps is sure to be entertaining.
>>
>>77857610
I've enjoyed it since Renegade began.
>>
>>77858183

I have too, but the spectacle surrounding the franchise is clearly gone.
>>
Can you just jump in to Renegade, or do you have to read all his previous stuff to understand it?
>>
>>77858465
His run kind of is designed to lead into the Renegade stuff, but all you really need to know going in is that the universe doesn't really like the GLC anymore and Hal's life is complete shit
>>
>>77857302
I really, really hated Lights Out and Venditti's first 7-8 GL issues, but it improves after that

I don't really like how miserable his whole run has been but it's been more enjoyable since the few issues before Godhead and the Renegade stuff has been alright

plus Parallax Hal is coming back so that should be fun
>>
Robert Vendetti will be known for his Valiant work, particularly X-O Manowar. His GL and Flash are going to only be remembered for dull bumps during which DC was being idiotic for letting two of their main properties stay tied to a writer who clearly is not super enthused about the projects.

I met him at a con a few years back, and the dude was just lit up when I started talking about Valiant. This was right after the Unity/XO crossover was wrapped up, so I had those for him to sign. I had just started pulling Valiant with that crossover, and I could tell he was excited to see a fan of that stuff. When I mentioned his Green Lantern, he told me he felt it was rough, but he picked it up because he'd rather be a little shaky than be the guy to turn down GL after Geoff left.

Having said this, his Valiant stuff is good, Eternal Warrior's looking alright.
>>
>>77858257
that was inevitable, with Johns leaving

Venditti's run has gotten better/more enjoyable but nothing he's done has really had an actual anticipation/excitement factor
>>
I think his Green Lantern run has been solid since Godhead started. I'm in the minority but that's fine
>>
I think I would like the Renegade arc more if any of the artists knew what Hal Jordan was supposed to look like
>>
No. Don't read them it'll just make your opinion of Venditti go down.
>>
>>77858608
That's kind of depressing
>>
>>77858879
He's so... Pretty. They need to age him.
>>
>>77863516
GL Annual #4 had really young-looking Hal.
>>
>>77858120
What comic is this happening? Because that sounds awesome.
>>
>>77858120
>Parahal wrecking the Sinestro Corps is sure to be entertaining.

Hal and Sinestro just need to make out, swear to fucking God. This dance is getting old, even with Parallax to "spice" things up.
>>
>>77864308
Today's issue, eventually next.
>>
His earlier work is shit, with him undoing everything Johns built. The renegade plot was interesting with a fresh supporting cast, but the execution was mediocre.
>>
>>77857302
Is Robert Venditti's run on Demon Knights any good?
>>
>>77864370
Renegade Hal should just hook up with Sinestro. It's perfect timing. Not to mention that Hal deserves to be around someone who actually likes him and respects him.
>>
>>77864308
In the GL book, although I'm guessing it'll probably cross into Sinestro
>>
File: relic_arguments.png (802 KB, 715x568) Image search: [Google]
relic_arguments.png
802 KB, 715x568
>>77857302
Godhead was pretty good. All the writers seemed to be in sync which is weird for big scale events.

Durlan saga dragged on for way too long. I feel like it was done to add gravitas to the situation but all it managed to do was bore me.

The plot for Light's out was stupid but the dialogue was amazing. It's a pretty neat place to find panels to show off to non-comic readers
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.