[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the entire last season was just so they could have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1413034195030.cached.jpg (266 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1413034195030.cached.jpg
266 KB, 2000x1333
>tfw the entire last season was just so they could have a way to drop the ISIS namelink to the terrorist organization
>>
>>77854160
That worked out pretty well.
>>
>>77854160
I wonder if they'll ever acknowledge that they used to use the same name as the terrorist group ISIS. Even just a small joke about it or something.
>>
>>77854233
They say the same group doesn't exist there.
>>
>>77854419
Also, Matt and Trey the creators of southpark said that if they had this issue and ran Archer they'd have made an entire season arc where ISIS hunted down and destroyed the terrorist group for stealing their name. Which would have been also pretty sweet but Fox is filled with pussies so sadly we don't have something cool like that.

Imagine replacing last season with an arc around hunting down ISIS.
>>
>>77854160
what do you mean? what did they do that changed their organization in that season? I don't remember anything. it was basically back to status quo
and they still called it isis a few times
and the terrorist organization isnt even called that
>>
>>77854949
Everyone still calls it isis even if obama tried making isil a thing m8.

Anyways at the end of the season the CIA pretty much is going to force them to go undercover because they can no longer operate a spy intelligence organization with US authorization I'm pretty sure that when they rebrand themselves in whatever crazy shit they're doing next season to avoid the CIA they'll no longer call themselves ISIS.
>>
>>77854572
I had thay same idea. Woulda been really funny. It's not too late though.
>>
>>77854160
>now work for CIA
>no obvious...cia on thread
Good seeing that hasn't infested anything Archer Thread-related
>>
Should've just had Malory bitching to Cheryl and Pam as they replaced all the ISIS shit with a new name and logo and how much that costs.
>>
Last season was worth it for Pocket Listing, alone.
>>
>>77854572

I dunno. I'm all for pushing the envelope but poking at terrorist groups, especially ones that could go after you, is kind of scary.

I'd have at least made some jokes and had a stupid name change like ESES.

>Archer: ESES? What does that even stand for?
>Mallory: Oh I don't know... Extra Secret Excellent Service... why are you still here, you have a mission!
>Archer: Uh yeah, an extra excellent mission.. hahaha...
>[awkward pause as they look at each other]
>Archer: That was a joke.
>Mallory: And not a very good one.
>Archer: Well maybe it would've been better if SOMEONE let me go to comedian summer camp!
>>
>>77856121
I read it in Sterling and Mallory's voices.
I lost the game!
>>
>>77855669
those are pretty big words
>>
>>77856192
Same anon. Same.
>>
>>77857453
I hope you go camping and a moose kills you.
>>
>>77856192
Are you telling me you don't read everything in H Jon Benjamin's voice? Then what's the point of reading?
>>
>>77854572

Where'd they say this, some quick googling didn't turn up anything.
>>
>>77854572
Oh yay, more childish revenge fantasies from Parker and Stone.
>>
>>77858235
>>77858186
Scratch that. I read the article wrong, they never said that. People were saying they should do it the southpark way, calling that the south park way.

My bad guys.
>>
>stopped watching at season 5 because Vice sucked
>recently started watching season 6

It actually got better.
>>
>>77857453
Pour vous
>>
should've just been a recurring joke about being the same name as a terrorist cell desu
>>
I know senpai. I know.
>>
>Season 6 returns to the status quo just to throw it away again in the finale
>>
File: Osama_Bin_Laden_HD.png (587 KB, 1365x768) Image search: [Google]
Osama_Bin_Laden_HD.png
587 KB, 1365x768
>>77854572
Honestly I thought they were going to do something like that, or have some kind of gag where they get the agency's name censored due to the Islamic State, and then they get all pissed off over it and go kill a bunch of ISIS militants. I want this show to have it's own "Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants" moment.
>>
>>77854572
>Imagine replacing last season with an arc around hunting down ISIS.

That would make sense if their last season was last year. However, if they want to avoid bullshit in the future, dropping the name is easy enough. They were just a CIA/SIS expy anyway, so having them just flat out work for the CIA makes sense.

I'm thinking the only reason they didn't work for the CIA to begin with was to avoid comparisons to American Dad.
>>
>>77854160
As I remember it the only thing they did to the season was cut some dialogue that mentioned ISIS and have that scene with rolling out the ISIS logo in the first episode. That's hardly designing the whole season around the change.
>>
>>77854949
No they weren't, the CIA basically shut down ISIS because they couldn't have a high profile private spy agency operating out of the US, but then reconstituted all of ISIS' assets and personnel as a new nameless nominally-private-but-really-working-for-the-CIA spy agency to do shit that they need plausible deniability for.
>>
>>77854160
can anyone actually tell me why IS extremists are being called ISIS?
they never said "this is our name", and 'islamic state" is just IS

my parents had to change their house name that they've had for 10 years because they were getting death threats
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.