[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth reading all 700 issues of the Amazing Spider-man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Is it worth reading all 700 issues of the Amazing Spider-man? Will I get extremely lost if I don't read any other series?
>>
You should only read the first issue. It's the only one worth reading. After that, the series went downhill fast.
>>
>Is it worth reading all 700 issues of the Amazing Spider-man?

No. Stop at One More Day (#544). While there are good stories after, they just aren't worth trudging through the garbage to get there.

>Will I get extremely lost if I don't read any other series?

Until the Clone Sage, nah, you'll be fine. Once the Clone Saga starts, all the Spider-books are interconnected and you need to read all of them. This is true for a few stories after that as well.
>>
>>77845772
Not really and only once it starts getting into constant crossovers with companion books which starts happening in the late 80s but doesn't really become a problem until the 90s.
>>
By now, you should just know everything you need to know.
>>
>>77845772
Maybe, no.
Whether it's worth it or not depends on the person. If you're a completionist sure it's worth it. If you really like Spider-Man it's probably worth it. If you just have a passing interest read the hits and decide if you want more after that.
It's about 5 days of your life to read it all so I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you really want to
>>
File: 1448032709006.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1448032709006.gif
2 MB, 480x270
Should have mentioned in the title of the thread that this could be a 'Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread" thread.
>>
Not really any point to doing that. You could try reading the Ditko run for historical value and some of the more classic stories.

IMO, you're better off if you read the first 100 or so chapters of Ultimate Spider-Man and watch the cartoon Spectacular Spider-man.
>>
>>77845772
>Is it worth reading all 700 issues of the Amazing Spider-man?
Is that even possible? Somehow I assumed Spidey was like DW and some of the middle ones were missing
>>
>>77846270
Well there's torrents of all 700 issues + annuals + mini series so I'd assume they're all scanned at least.
>>
>>77846270
...where the hell would they have gone?
>>
>>77845772
It's worth it, but you'll only understand the full story if you read the issues backward.
>>
>>77845772
>Is it worth reading
You're talking about comics. No, they're never worth reading: they're inconsistent in quality, heavy in politics.

Yes, we'll do it anyway.
>>
>>77845772
You should, and I'm being serious here, only read Spider-Man #8, the issue where they introduce the Lizard.

It's JJJ at his best.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.