[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who ready for a IDW TMNT game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11
File: leo.png (314 KB, 445x599) Image search: [Google]
leo.png
314 KB, 445x599
Who ready for a IDW TMNT game?
>>
File: raphael.png (139 KB, 253x363) Image search: [Google]
raphael.png
139 KB, 253x363
>>77839247
>>
File: Mikey.png (152 KB, 292x377) Image search: [Google]
Mikey.png
152 KB, 292x377
>>77839259
>>
File: donnie.png (403 KB, 387x603) Image search: [Google]
donnie.png
403 KB, 387x603
>>77839270
>>
Why do they have skateboards?
>>
>>77839259
I like how Raph's arm is clipping through his shell.
>>
File: General Krang.jpg (1 MB, 1988x2148) Image search: [Google]
General Krang.jpg
1 MB, 1988x2148
Hope there is room for a General Krang boss fight.
>>
>>77839288
They're DLC for the most recent Tony Hawk game
>>
>>77839288
The models are from Tony Hawk Proskater 5
>>
well, these are some... interesting proportions and designs.. umm.. Nice try I guess? Especially if you wanted them to look like tubbly spindly aliens
i will say this, if you're going to try to work in a nose, this is how you do it. nice and subtly.
>>
Wait, is this for real?
>>
>>77839522
yeah, today was confirmed a Platinum Games TMNT, and these models are in Tony Hawk DLC.
>>
File: 1411531966361.jpg (32 KB, 513x399) Image search: [Google]
1411531966361.jpg
32 KB, 513x399
>a new TMNT game that's actually good

I want to believe. It's been so long.
>>
>>77839571
hasnt it though?
i recall some behind-the-scenery about the last one and.. everyone involved was saying all the right things, all the right attitudes.. and yet it was a mess that did almost everything wrong a game CAN do wrong.
there was that one TMNT smash bros clone, which again would be awesome if they hadnt been tied to using the 4th movie aesthetic and couldve had a bit more fun with it
I'm told the gamecube games based on the 2003 series are all good, and desu the cheats ALONE make it sound fun.

Maybe this is me being a dumbfuttock but I feel like you could just mod Spider-Man 2 movie game into a fantastic TMNT OR Gargoyles game, and wouldnt even have to alter the overworld map.
>>
>>77839247
>Who ready for a IDW TMNT game?

Only if Alopex is playable.
>>
>>77839426
>>77839288
these models are more than likely imported from the upcoming game and placed over Tyler's body, that's why it looks off.
>>
>>77839247
Im still waiting for a Mirage TMNT game.
>>
>IDW
>Platinum
HYPE
Y
P
E
>>
calling it now this is going to be Hubs' first outside the comics appearance
>>
>>77842547
Cybercubed already called it, neatoman.
>>
>>77839247
>>77839259
>>77839270
>>77839281
Is this the TMNT game from Platinum Games?
Not really feeling the character models. I already know the gameplay will be a blast though.
>>
>>77842147
SICK HYPE
>>
>>77842568
>Is this the TMNT game from Platinum Games?
No, these are DLC skins for a Tony Hawk game.
>>
>>77842621
The skins for THPS5 were taken from the upcoming Platinum game, senpai.
>>
>>77842663
Stop lying.
>>
>>77842663
Tony Hawk pro skater by platinum when?
>>
>>77842557
>Cybercubed
>neatoman
Disgusting.
>>
>>77842663
Shut up neatoman.
>>
Literally all you have to do is romhack the arcade version of Turtles in Time.

Don't make 3D models

Don't take it off the grid it operates on

Keep the deeper mechanics you have to work to find out about (There was some shit in their I didn't learn about till I was almost 20)

Different difficulty levels mean more content/levels like the SNES version

More playable characters (There's a fuckhuge lexicon to pull from)

Just make it everything the Turtles in Time remake was supposed to be, only not shitty. We're still good with side scrolling beat-em-ups with 2D sprites, Double Dragon Neon, Scott Pilgrim the Game, you give us good ass Konami in their heyday fun, we'll drop dosh like nobody's business.
>>
Is the comic still awesome?
>>
>>77843984
Yeah
>>
>>77843047

Why don't you actually send this to Activision/Platinum rather posting this on an anonymous forum where no one in charge will even read it?
>>
>>77839571
Danger of the Ooze came out last year. Only real flaw it had was being too short.
>>
>>77844492
Was it hard?
>>
can anyone tell me what made the new tony hawk game bad. I just heard it was bad and never actually was told why.
>>
>>77844918
Read some reviews. I guess you will know why.
>>
Okay I got my Tmnt game made by platinum now activision better port the arcade game to next gen systems and give us a real port of turtles in time and not a remake

All I hope is that combo attacks and character switching like in out of the shadows is in this game.
>>
File: TMNT_Smash-Up.jpg (98 KB, 256x355) Image search: [Google]
TMNT_Smash-Up.jpg
98 KB, 256x355
Was this any good?
>>
Am I the only one who likes Out of the Shadows?
>>
>>77845052
it was a shitty game, but a fun shitty game. If online play worked on pc I would still play it
>>
>>77845069
I don't think it was shitty. When you had upgraded your turtles to the max it's good. The problem is you have to finish the game 3 or 4 times for that. The upgrading points system is stupid but for a 15 bucks game it's okay.
>>
>>77845202
the online never worked, and it had tons of glitches. It is worth 15 dollars, but it is a very bad game
>>
>>77845222
No it's not that bad. It had a lot of glitches at its release but then it was patched. I never had big problems. I never tried the online, you probably right about this.
>>
>>77844918
It's a buggy mess that controls like absolute ass. The physics from the other games just aren't there making it really hard to pull off tricks and combos. Also that stupid fucking "slam" button they added is too easy to press accidentally because it's the same button as grind so ending your combos happens all the time
>>
>>77845262
they were patched on 360 only and I think pc I know people still have complain threads on pc about it, and I know for a fact ps3 was never fixed
>>
>Tom Waltz hints IDW TMNT involved with a mystery project
>Has also said he's writing a video game
Oh wow, it probably will actually be based off of IDW. What boss fights do you want?
>>
>>77844986
The roster was extremely bland, and not helped by Ubisoft shoving in Rabbids.
>>
>>77845282
it is rated T and I do not think Nick wants the 2012 series related to a T game, with platinum working with IDW to write the script of devastation it makes complete sense. I hope we just get anew spin off comic arc with this as a prequel and hopefully get a sequel
>>
>>77845281
I have it on PC and never had big problems. Too bad for the ps3 players but they have it way after.
>>
>>77845332
IDW didn't help write Devastation.
>>
>>77845386
yes they did its literally the prequel for the most recent comic arc.
>>
IDW comics is so good. So much potential. It's now or never.
>>
>>77845394
Once again: no they didn't. One of the writers was a former editor there who joined Hasbro, yes, but IDW itself still had no involvement.

And Devastation is not a prequel to anything. If you actually read the IDW comics, you'd know it doesn't for anywhere and it gave a completely different backstory for Nova Prime. Please don't talk about shit you actually know nothing about.
>>
>>77845594
*fit anywhere
>>
>>77845594
>>77845616
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/transformers-devastation-part-of-brand-s-new-cross-media-narrative/0157218
I am pretty sure I know more then you do
>>
>>77845282
Mad Slash would be a good fight
id like to see some characters that aren't in IDW so far.
like Chromedome, or Pimiko or Hothead, or Ace Duck, orNinjara
id cum in my pants for a Open World TMNT game but given its Platinum it'll be a good level based 3d hack n slash/ beat em up
>>
So is it going to have '87 pandering up the ass like recent TMNT media or not?
>>
>>77845635
Except not, as you're basing your opinion off of press releases rather than the actual comics like an idiot. Combiner Wars is just a branding that the comics, web series, game, etc. are all doing their own versions of. Devastation uses elements from IDW, but it's a completely different universe. Once again, stop talking about shit you know nothing about. I actually read the TF comics, while you read press releases.
>>
>>77845871
Well its based on the IDW series so maybe a couple of references but that'll be it.
>>
This is Platinum by way of Activision so, like Korra, it probably won't be as good as their main games.
But, like Korra, it will also probably be worth buying anyway.
>>
>>77845799
>Pimiko
Shitty character like Bishop. Hope to never see them in IDW.
>>
>>77845935
Transformers Devastation was good. It probably should have been $40 as opposed to $60 tho.
>>
>>77845935
So was Transformers: Devastation, and that was much better than Korra.
>>
>>77845959
Was it really? I'll have to keep that in mind.
>>
>>77845635
no you fucking don't because cross media narrative doesn't mean tie in you idiot
the whole thing is just a focus of attention of former primes.
>>
>>77845945
no bad character
only bad writers
>>
>>77844986
Game? Good, easily best smash replacement

Roster? Shit, but judging by timing, Viacom bought the characters around the time and they probably bought the videogame rights so they had to release the game as is so they added rabbids
>>
>>77846050
Shitty characters. Only autists like them.
>>
>>77846109
Shitty opinion. Only autists have it.
>>
>>77844492
>Danger of the Ooze came out last year. Only real flaw it had was being too short.
That and it's only one player.
The series has like six-seven potential combatants as the regular cast, minimum. There's no reason for it not to have an optional player 2 in there.
>>
>>77846109
>>77846183
Certainly explains Michael Bay films.
>>
>>77846183
You mad? Good. Let the hate flow through you.
>>
>>77846254
Is it a hard game?
>>
what are the god recent games for TMNT?
i heard the handheld live action movie game was good
>>
>>77846342
>>77844720

It becomes more of a challenge if you only pick up the mandatory power-ups. Without the extra health and almost infinite supply of shuriken, the bosses will require more skill. I found the final battle with Shredder pretty tricky even with all the power-ups.

>>77846254
While I do prefer my TMNT games multiplayer, Danger of the Ooze would require a lot of changes to accommodate a second Turtle on screen.
>>
>>77846496
It was okay
>>
>>77842663
Why must you turn my thread into a house of lies?
>>
>>77842693
>>77851387
it does make a certain amount of sense
apparently there's a good enough build of the game to send into ratings board, which given there will be two big game advertising events comic in a few days means that probably the game will be announced soon, and since both are owned by activision it would make sense for them to pump in easy advertisements in TH5
>>
Bah, I still don't believe it.
>>
Anyone know a good torrent for the IDW comics please?
>>
>>77852257
>Anyone know a good torrent for the IDW comics please?
Ninja please...
https://mega.nz/#F!r59DmDYa!XdX885r_1BOwDNydOioHrg
>>
File: 1447659446027.jpg (53 KB, 405x348) Image search: [Google]
1447659446027.jpg
53 KB, 405x348
>>77852460
>>
>>77851968
Shut up, Boco. This part of your problem, you actively refuse to let yourself be happy.
>>
>>77851968
Believe what? The game is real dude.
>>
>>77845310
>The roster was extremely bland
>>77846102
>Roster? Shit

The roster was shit because it came out during that time when Laird was overseeing the brand and had a moritorium on all Fred Wolf/Archie/Playmates characters; only Mirage, 4Kids and Imagi elements were allowed.

So all the cool TMNT characters we loved were verboten thanks to Laird.
>>
>>77853262
>thanks to Laird
He was busy forgetting to finish the Volume 4.
>>
>>77853262
Hasn't Laird let go? I mean, Turtles Forever had the Fred Wolf stuff.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6155176

Let's settle this
>>
>>77852729

This is true.

>>77853256

Not until I see a press release it ain't.
>>
>games about large franchises
>don't have various playable characters and alternate costumes

There's no excuse for this.
>>
>>77853834
Aussies already have it rated dude
http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=rq3o1%2bvToJ10DsvQBTdCEw%253d%253d&ncdctx=045pcNnoBtjCCTAFQiaXZg%252fBxNGMItwAbF2%252f166G4mlqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU
>>
>>77853516
>Hasn't Laird let go? I mean, Turtles Forever had the Fred Wolf stuff.

Laird started getting hands off around Fast Forward/Back to the Sewers, so by the time Turtles Forever rolled around I think his attitude had deteriorated from "overbearing" to "fuck it".

He'd been negotiating the sale to Viacom all throughout the production of Turtles Forever (which was released right after the buy out was announced) so that probably added to his "fuck it" attitude.

Personally, I'm glad Laird sold out so we could finally start getting old cartoon and toy characters again. Mirage TMNT is cool and all, but so far as characters go, it's a pretty shallow well.
>>
>>77853932
Nigga I guarantee you at least all 4 turtles will be playable, and if this isn't based in Mirage, it will have all red masks as alternate costumes and probably plenty more.
>>
File: costumes.jpg (96 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
costumes.jpg
96 KB, 500x423
>>77853932
Its Platinum we're talking about here, if it weren't for the fact that the Transformers all looked way different from each other AND they were sticking to the 80s designs we could have gotten a couple of extra skins.

The turtles all look similar so they'll come up with some way to make it look cool.
>>
>>77853262
at that time Liard was already burnt out on TMNT, he didn't really care.
>>
>>77855624

Must be the only reason Ubi managed to sneak THREE FUCKING RABBIDS into the game.
>>
>>77854406
Well, that and the fact that the alternate skins they ARE doing are being released as DLC.
>>
File: 1448936008255.png (657 KB, 657x853) Image search: [Google]
1448936008255.png
657 KB, 657x853
>>
>>77853972
I think TMNT is at its best when it's creating new characters. That's what was so exciting about the Fred-Wolf/Playmates cast in the first place.
>>
>>77858055
Bleh. I agree with Laird's thinking that if you're going to include a shit-ton of mutants it makes the main cast less special. The Mirage comics had all manner of aliens and ninjas and time travelers, but the mutation was a one-time fluke. Mutagen was never created for that purpose and it was never intentionally used that way.

Might just be the purist in me, but I don't think so really. I mean, just look at the Nick cartoon and the IDW comic. Are you seriously telling me that all those mutants don't steal attention away from the turtles?
>>
>>77859657
>Are you seriously telling me that all those mutants don't steal attention away from the turtles?
No more than the aliens, ninjas, and time travelers do.

This argument will never make any sense to me.
>>
>>77859657
The only mutant that ever successfully stole attention from the turtles is Alopex because male fans' thought process gets taking over by their erections. No one cares about Old Hob despite being a solid character. The rule for mutants should be in place for FEMALES. Not for males.
>>
>>77851968
why the fuck do you have a name and tripcode
who the hell would want to know when your around, what do you do around here that requires your presence be known?
why the hell do you treat this anonymous message board as your forum?
>>
Thinking about it further, Platinum doesn't really do stealth, and they don't really do street level fighting. I think Revengeance was the closest they got and even that didn't take long before having the characters start splitting buildings in half. This may lean heavily towards the 'over the top' range of Turtle stories and away from the potentially fun Batman type stuff.
>>
>>77861258
There's nothing wrong with the turtles being over the top. I mean in Ninja Gaiden you fight regular ninjas who somehow without any enhancements are superhuman and can take a lot of over the top punishment like in all these hack & slash action games.

Why can't TMNT do this? Going by the title the main enemies will be Non-Humans aka mutants. So seeing a mutant display high endurance and extraordinary abilities used in combat ala the demons from Devil May Cry sounds fine.

PS - Batman's games have boring combat.
>>
>>77859723
>No more than the aliens, ninjas, and time travelers do.

See, I don't agree. Fugitoid, Renet, the Utroms and Karai are all great characters, but they don't detract from the main cast at all. They're all unique in a way that differentiates them from the turtles and Splinter.

It's kind of like when Superman is The Last Son of Krypton, except for Supergirl and Zod and Allura and Krypto and---
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.