[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>was pissed off about deadshot being blacked for no reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: nigshot.jpg (29 KB, 317x315) Image search: [Google]
nigshot.jpg
29 KB, 317x315
>was pissed off about deadshot being blacked for no reason
>thinking about black dc villains they could have used instead
>thought live action black manta would be cool as fuck
>then realised how shit black manta would be if played by will smith
>pretty happy now that it was just deadshot who got ruined and not a character i actually like

But there is an upcoming Aquaman movie so who do you think should play Black Manta?
>>
>>77838163
Chris Tucker
>>
inb4 /tv/'s hol' up maymay.
>>
File: manta.jpg (119 KB, 791x451) Image search: [Google]
manta.jpg
119 KB, 791x451
Michael Ealy.

He plays a great psychopath.
>>
>>77838163
Aquaman is probably going to only star Ocean Master as the villain unfortunately
>>
>>77838163
ealy, idris
can we just find a way to get one or both of these into the DC universe?
>>
I would prefer if they set Black Manta up as a villain in a second Aquaman movie. Have Arthur kill Manta's father in the first movie.
>>
>>77838163
>thinking about black dc villains they could have used instead
>black manta
>not black spider

Full pleb, mugga. You went full pleb.
>>
>>77838464
>both have "black" in their names
>>
This nigga should play Manta.
>>
So are we going to get deadpan Will or Snarky Will?
>>
>>77838574
if we're lucky we will get a little of both for an attempt at a faithful portrayal
>>
>>77838519
Holy fuck yes
>>
>>77838574
Trailer indicted typical snark.
>>
I would prefer a race swapped actor instead of picking up a character just for the sake of diversity.
>>
Remember it really doesn't matter what the dude looks like since ideally Manta'll have his helmet on 80% of the time. We just need a guy who can act like a total sociopath beyond any normal human.
>>
>>77838163
I don't really care about the race swap. I mean, the important thing about Deadshot isn't that he's a white guy. At least Smith's got the goatee, which is more than can be said about NuFiddyToo Deadshot.

I'm not sure if Smith can pull off that sort of sociopathic, desensitized, emotionally-walled-off thing Lawton has going for him, though. I'll always see this guy as The Fresh Prince. The other roles I know him from are also on the more relatable side. But whatever, I'll give him a chance.

I'm more concerned about this movie being more like the Adam Glass shit than the based Ostrander shit. Also, I feel like it's going to be the Harley & Deadshot show (featuring The Joker), and the rest of the cast is going to become irrelevant.
>>
Will smith is gonna be a great deadshot there is literally no debating this
>>
>>77839193
>I'm more concerned about this movie being more like the Adam Glass shit than the based Ostrander shit

Ostrander shit is basically all Ayer posted on his Twitter.
>>
>>77839081
It's the suicide squad, you can use pretty much any character you like which is why it's weird they chose to change the race of Deadshot instead of just using Black Spider or some over black DC character

>>77839208
Who gives a shit about Deadshot, I just hope they don't completely shit all over Boomerang
>>
No one gives a fuck about Deadshot anyway.
>>
>>77839310
>I just hope they don't completely shit all over Boomerang
>director told the actor to 'find his inner shitbag'

He's going to be perfect.
>>
>>77839349
I just have this bad feeling that he's only in the movie to piss off Will Smith who'll effortlessly kill him and then make a snappy quip for cool guy points
>>
>>77839193
>the Harley & Deadshot show

Harley is the 1st or 2nd most popular DC character right now, it was always going to be her show. If she wasn't in it the movie would never had been made and no one would watch it.
>>
>>77839494
I feel like Boomerang gets immunity b/c he's a fan-favorite.

El Diablo dies because he's a cholo.

Slipknot dies because he's also brown and he showed up in, like, one issue of Suicide Squad during Millennium just so he could get his arm blown up when Boomerang tricks him into testing Waller's bluff for him. Same thing may happen in the film.

Being black usually gets you killed, but the immunity effect of Will Smith's name is more powerful than the black factor in this case, so Deadshot lives.

Katana being a hero also outweighs her being a minority, so she lives, too.
>>
>>77839494

And if Joss Whedon was making the movie, your feeling might be justified.
>>
>>77839735
>El Diablo dies because he's a cholo.
You don't know Ayer then - he loves his cholos. Diablo is going the distance.
>>
>>77839739
This.
One of these days I'm gonna make a thread where the ITT is just Joss Quips.
>>
>>77838163
>who do you think should play Black Manta?
A mexican.
>>
>>77838163
Mel Gibson. Prove to me it's not the perfect casting.
>>
File: Amanda-Waller.jpg (48 KB, 714x474) Image search: [Google]
Amanda-Waller.jpg
48 KB, 714x474
>>77839723
Kind of sucks, though. I like Harley as a character, but she makes no sense in the context of the Squad.

>Flagg, I need you to put together an effective team of convicts to pull off under-the-table operations for the government. Who have you got?
>Floyd Lawton, Waller. Goes by "Deadshot." Expert marksman. Never misses a shot, no matter how far. Or how close. He'll kill family if the price is right.
>Good. This woman over here?
>Folks call her "The Enchantress." One of those metas who've crawled out of the woodwork since Superman opened the gates. Some say she's magic. I think that's a word people use for things they don't understand.
>All I need to understand is how to use her in our plans. And this woman?
>Harleen Quinzell. AKA Harley Quinn..
>What does she do?
>Spout non-sequiters. Is completely unpredictable, sometimes doing irrational things that bring harm to herself or her colleagues on a whim. She's completely loyal to a sociopathic mass murderer, and no inducement we could offer would sway that if our interests ever conflicted.
>What are her abilities?
>She's an okay gymnast. She sometimes hits people with large mallets.
>Rubber?
>No, they look like rubber, but they are made of wood.
>That would hurt, but it still doesn't sound that impressiv--
>Her comic is a top-seller and she's popular with casuals.
>GET HER ON BOARD THIS INSTANT, FLAGG. I WANT HER.
>>
File: W H Y.jpg (11 KB, 236x231) Image search: [Google]
W H Y.jpg
11 KB, 236x231
>What do you want?
>Just damage my flesh, senpai.
>Say no more.
>>
>>77839901
Her superpower is craziness! Whoooo!
>>
>>77838163
>Will Smith
>black
Pick one, anon.
>>
>>77840162
That's easy. Black.
>>
>>77838219
I second this
>>
>>77839816
Sooooo... Danny Trejo?
>>
File: ainchic143165352710.jpg (225 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
ainchic143165352710.jpg
225 KB, 733x1100
>>77840111
She taps into the madforce.
>>
File: AquaCraig.gif (617 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
AquaCraig.gif
617 KB, 400x298
>>77838219
>Michael Ealy
>One of Craig's best friends
Like pottery ...
>>
>>77838163
>deadshot being blacked
lewd
>>
Ken Jeong
>>
>>77839901
>>77840111
>>77840296
To be fair she is a metahuman roughly on par with Captain America, is immune to toxins and most mind control.
>>
>>77840982
Somehow I doubt they are going to use the idea of Poison Ivy boosting Harley's stats in this, though.

Plus, is she really Cap-level? In the cartoons, she did gain Ivy's immunity to toxins, but you never saw her, like, lifting tons over her head or anything. She was still pretty grounded. Then again, DCAU Ivy was also way more grounded than modern comics plant-woman Ivy.
>>
>tfw they killed of best shot for this
>>
>>77841328
How did you think she manages to swing around that giant mallet casually while doing backflips without any effort? She has mild super strength. Cap's limit is barely over a thousand pounds since he's whatever the current peak for humans is. You (and the writers to be fair) happen to be overestimating Cap's raw strength.
>>
>>77838219

Mite b c-

>>77838519

No, this. This, please.
>>
Why does Will Smith keep trying for all these super serious roles? It just doesn't work with him.

Makes about as much sense as trying to cram Jaden into movies when he's so shit.
>>
>>77842937

Yeah, I think Will Smith should just stick to what he's good at in dramatic movies: being the wisecracking loveable rogue who doesn't take the situation too seriously.
>>
>>77841525
He was shit, just like the rest of that show.
>>
>>77842937
He usually went for blockbuster movie roles but then one of the roles he skipped over because it wasn't blockbustery enough made hundreds of millions and would have made him a film icon so he's probably been regretting that ever since which is why he's trying to be dramatic now.
>>
>>77839310
You can't replace Deadshot. He's famous for being a suicide squad member.
>>
>>77840982
Wait, wait. Don't say stuff you'll regret.
>>
The villain in the Aquaman movie will problably be Ocean master

Goddamn I'm so fucking tired of him

He's used in literally everytime they decide to revamp or reboot Aquaman
>>
>>77843423
I don't even really get why. I've known about Black Manta way longer than Ocean Master, plus it nets them bonus diversity points.
>>
>>77843423
I honestly think the best thing WB could do is make a film out of the first arc of John's newfiftytwo run. The trench was cool and the
'I don't talk to fish' stuff is as probably close as they can get to badarse Aquaman.

Also Meraaaaaa
>>
>>77841328
>>77842779
Not exactly on a par with Cap if only due to him having alot more muscle than her however she can kick the shit out of Batman who canonically can fight Cap to a standstill. She is consistently portrayed as being ridiculously fast and agile however.
>>
>>77838163
Keith David would be perfect as Black Manta.
He's the voice I read him in.
>>
>>77846098
>she can kick the shit out of batman
this is what harleyfags actually believe.
She doesn't have superpowers of any kind. The mallet swinging is because comic book artists don't actually realize the strain of swinging around a hammer. She isn't superstrong or fast or agile. She's fast and agile by normie standards, but she literally cannot win a fair fight. She cheats, that's her gimmick.
>>
>>77846274
>First three pages of her first comic appearance is her beating up Batman
>Enhanced in every appearance in comics ever
>Never beaten by Batman in any version ever

It is a comics board kid, posting here presumes you actually read comic books.
>>
File: HarleyQuinn012-13[1].jpg (108 KB, 539x800) Image search: [Google]
HarleyQuinn012-13[1].jpg
108 KB, 539x800
>>77846351
>never beaten by batman in any version ever.
>>
File: latest[1].png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
3 MB, 1920x1200
>>77846351
>never beaten by batman in any version ever
>>
File: Harley-Quinn-10-Stars[1].jpg (77 KB, 580x273) Image search: [Google]
Harley-Quinn-10-Stars[1].jpg
77 KB, 580x273
>>77846351
>never beaten by batman in any version ever
you get the point.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.