[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /co/ read Erfworld? I never see it talked about.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Bunny-pinup-desktop.png (4 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
Bunny-pinup-desktop.png
4 MB, 2400x2400
Does /co/ read Erfworld? I never see it talked about.
>>
>>77837713

I love it, though the side-stories get a little overly-long and can become poorly-paced (made worse by some anticlimaxes and foregone conclusions, especially in Book O). The main comic, and Duke Forecastle's story, though? Brilliant.
>>
>>77837713
I really like the clothes, but she looks too underage for me to get any excitement over it.
>>
>>77837713
The new artist is shit.
>>
>>77837942
Doesn't really look underage to me, but I'm used to the stylized proportions.
>>
>>77837713
I read it through the first chapter when it was on the same site as OotS, back when I read that shit too. Then it jumped to its own site and it turned into wall-of-text-that-is-not-great-at-storytelling.jpg so I stopped giving a shit

How IS Namek: the Comic anyways, since I mentioned it

webcomics you don't read anymore general?

here's a freebie update for a famous one in image format. The story has moved forward maybe 20 pages in the last 4 years, I'm not kidding.
>>
>>77837973
The old art was arguably shittier in terms of technical aspects but I miss it. Fit the comic's tone and setting.
>>
>>77837942
She's not meant to be underage, the Erfworld characters all tend to have large bobbleheads on childlike bodies.

>>77838041
I think the new art is still technically quite shit. Find one frame where Parson's face doesn't look like a grade school doodle.
>>
>>77837713
that image looks much better in the thumbnail than at full size. I'm not sure what it is, aside from the photoshop shading looking flat and computer generated at full resolution.
>>
>>77838054
I mean, I did say arguably, and never said it wasn't shit, just over all LESS shit.

Also less fitting.
>>
>>77837973
They got a new art team recently. The artist from Book 2 is doing penicils.
>>
>>77837713
Its more talked about on /tg/
>>
File: AofSpades_blog.png (278 KB, 750x1010) Image search: [Google]
AofSpades_blog.png
278 KB, 750x1010
>>77837713

Haven't seen a thread on either board. I love the comic.
>>
>>77837713
I loved book one, but dropped it partways through book 2. Shit got slow and tedious, and the text-only updates really weren't doing it for me.
>>
>>77837713

I know it's fucked to say, but the comic lost momentum for me after the artist broke off when her mother died. The Interweaved text updates kinda changed the pace and I no longer felt hyped for the updates.

And the Prequel coming out at the same time made it annoying to keep track of things.

I go back and catch up every half year or so, but I really don't remember what was happening.
>>
>>77837713
>Does /co/ read Erfworld? I never see it talked about.

It's one of my regular reads.

Yes, the creator dude is a total douche-bag in person. Yes, the recent 'artist' was godawful.

But they have a new art team that's pretty decent, and the story is just as good as ever. The writer may be a douchebag, but he knows how to tell a great story.

Also, the latest reveal about the Big Bad was FUCKING AWESOME.

As in, I'm still going back and reading it to see if I should have picked up on this earlier. I'm so clueless....
>>
>>77837713

That rose's thorns are going to ruin those nice gloves.
>>
I keep rereading it, keeping up for a little bit then dropping out months at a time.
>>
>>77841452
>the latest reveal about the Big Bad was FUCKING AWESOME.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty great. But he's definitely an amalgamation of several Charlie's.
>>
Did they ever figure out why the MC was in Erfworld to begin with?

The opening just makes it magic even though nobody seemed to give a shit at the time, then there were some hints that he might be in a coma or something and dreaming the whole thing, but I dropped it a long time ago so I don't know if they ever bothered to explain it.
>>
>>77837713
I read the first volume, then it turned into the zombie Apocalypse, Parson became a background character and the zombie army started steamrolling it's opponents, at which point I quit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.