[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suyin was a horrible, horrible person whom the series tried so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12
File: 1402266421425.jpg (42 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1402266421425.jpg
42 KB, 848x480
Suyin was a horrible, horrible person whom the series tried so hard to pass as a decent woman.

But damn, if she wasn't a total milf.
>>
File: Avatar - Suyin 03.jpg (132 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
132 KB, 600x800
The whole show in general had some pretty awesome older ladies. Lin still the best tho'.
>>
>>77836587
I don't feel the series tried to justify her at all. it made it clear that she was well-meaning but dead wrong.
One thing Korra did right, possibly accidentally, is explain why democrats are morons.
>you can't just force peace because as long as anyone else wants war, it is happening
>you can't hide away in your far-off advanced country, war will FIND you
>businessmen are good. they might be vulnerable to corruption, but they will never intentionally be cruel, it's not profitable.
>What is profitable is getting the right people behind the right side of an inevitable war, using propaganda to speed things up and make sure fewer people die in some kind of wishy-washy dove-ass situation
>Once you jail the villainous factory owner, his factory becomes a good thing
>Nature pretty much is your enemy, no matter how friendly you act with it, because dog-eat-dog is the law of nature. but it's the kind of enemy it's easier to work with than against.
>that stick-in-the-mud serious authority figure may be unpleasant, but she's probably right, and it's unfair that her flighty sister got so much slack. also respek da police
>preserving your stupid ancient culture is pointless if you're already functionally extinct, just teach anyone your ways who's interested, and the VALID parts of it will outlive you
and on and on
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-30-22h06m31s227.png (306 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-30-22h06m31s227.png
306 KB, 720x480
Just gonna spout some shit about Avatar:TLA in here since I'm watching it for the first time.

Is this nigga seriously having issues with killing their Universe's Hitler?
>>
>>77837330
He's 12 and he was raised as a pacifist his whole life. His entire culture was based on pacifism. Ozai deserved to die, but it's not hard to understand Aang's position.
>>
>>77837411

>His entire culture was based on pacifism

That sure worked out well.
>>
>>77837449

Monk Gyatso's body was surrounded by corpses of FN soldiers. They believed in self-defense.
>>
>>77837179
Her introductory two-parter had everyone side with her against Lin, and Lin apologizing to HER was the resolution.

Korra fights on her behalf after she gets captured trying to assassinate Kuvira during a ceasefire.

At the end of the series, she tells Kuvira she's "going to pay for everything [she's] done", immediately after forgiving her equally-guilty son, with no hint of irony.

The only times she's called out, it's by a villain, immediately argued against by the heroes, or later recanted. Or any combination of the above.
>>
>>77837330
And the Universe bends over backwards at the last minute to accomodate him.
>>
File: 1377930219143.jpg (107 KB, 419x563) Image search: [Google]
1377930219143.jpg
107 KB, 419x563
>>77836685
>tfw you will never make Lin a MILF
>>
>>77837488

>Monk Gyatso's body was surrounded by corpses

So what's the problem with killing the Fire Lord?
>>
>>77837179
>>businessmen are good. they might be vulnerable to corruption, but they will never intentionally be cruel, it's not profitable.
Muggers also only rob you to get money, not out of sadism.

Not saying businesspeople are all thieves, but if you pretend the free market works just fine own and is what's best for everybody, then you're as delusional as Suyin.
>>
>>77837546

No idea. Aang's teacher alone killed seven people, probably more, so I don't know why he's so uptight about Ozai specifically.

I was only refuting the point that pacifism caused the airbenders extinction. It's not as if they sat around playing Pai Sho while they got massacred.
>>
File: doing the thing tonight.gif (640 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
doing the thing tonight.gif
640 KB, 500x488
>>77836587
if there is one thing about Korra that I can safely say it aced, it was the above average concentration of attractive older women
>>
>>77837577

Yeah I got ya. Overall been enjoying the series. Just a bit miffed they don't have the balls to have him go through with what obviously needs to be done. Like, not even the guy's kids would miss him. Ah well, it's a cartoon, i guess. I'll be getting into Korra pretty soon from the looks of it.
>>
>>77837577
I guess it's not as pacifistic as Aang thought. If your 12-yo self tries to recreate your national culture alone, it would also probably be inaccurate.
>>
>>77837598
It never really occurred to me, but Varrick is a handsome motherfucker. That goofy mustache must be for deterring the tidal waves of pussy that would throw themselves at him and distract from his work if he shaved it.
>>
>>77837493
Yeah that ending bit was kind of bullshit

Kuvira really got screwed over
>>
>>77837577
>>77837686

A lot of people have argued that it was his position as the LAST Airbender that made him so intent on sticking to that pacifistic ideal. Gyatso compromised his ideals and killed because not killing would have guaranteed the end of the Airbender ideal. Conversely, in Aang's situation, Aang compromising and killing would have guaranteed the end of the Airbender ideal, because he was its only practitioner.

And of course, he was a kid in a hastily written and poorly thought out finale. So either or.
>>
File: 1447910679416.jpg (29 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1447910679416.jpg
29 KB, 500x394
>that ninja outfit
>>
>>77836587
Pretty much.
>>
Is Byrke a libertarian? Because I get the feeling he expected audience to side with Suyin without a second thought.
>>
>>77837179
>>you can't just force peace because as long as anyone else wants war, it is happening
>>you can't hide away in your far-off advanced country, war will FIND you
News flesh: drone murders without boots on the ground =/= isolationism.

>>businessmen are good. they might be vulnerable to corruption, but they will never intentionally be cruel, it's not profitable.
Are you fucking serious?

>>also respek da police
Even when they're murdering people in the streets because of their color or enforcing unjust laws? Fuck you AND them boot-licker.

>>>>/pol/
>>
>>77837798
One of their pitches for an upcoming pilot (or was it a comic?) involves artists fighting against a government that is trying to oppress artists.
>>
>>77837859

It was a comic. Bryke have no prospects in TV at the moment.
>>
>>77837488
I forgot about that. And they were overpowered by the comet to.
How do you think he did it? Shut the room and get rid of all the oxygen?
>>
>>77837920

He was just that good. The show followed the classic Kung Fu philosophy of wisdom and skill trumping raw power, so even mooks with superpowers are still worse than a standard guy with discipline and training.
>>
>>77837851
Here's your reply.
>>
>>77837798
Mike is definitely a Randroid. With his new project, that'll be three times in a row he's done a story about the lowly masses trying to drag down the elite in the name of equality.
>>
>>77838957
Are you implying objectivism and libertarianism are the same thing? Because they are not. Libertarians just want the government to leave them alone.
>>
>>77838992
They line up very closely.

Both want the government to leave them alone and think everybody pursuing their own self-interest works out great. They feel that people who are successful deserve it and shouldn't have to help or share with anyone else.
>>
>>77837179
*tips fedora*
>>
File: Clean faster.png (2 MB, 2342x1700) Image search: [Google]
Clean faster.png
2 MB, 2342x1700
I didn't think it was possible for those fuckers to somehow ruin Toph

They did...holy fuck she's worthless now. Aang and Toph.

Katara turned out to be the only one in her team who was the voice of reason and concern and she was a seething ball of anger a lot of the time.
>>
>>77838992
They're the same.

"Fuck you, got mine."
>>
>>77839104
>Katara
>Voice of reason
Hell no. Sokka was the one who had to constantly reign in her short-sighted emotional outbursts that put everyone in jeopardy.
>>
>>77839107
>They're the same.

Except they aren't. Objectivism actively demonizes altruism, libertarianism doesn't. Libertarianism is about limiting government power and ensuring that inalienable human rights are respected.

>"Fuck you, got mine."

Thank you for demonstrating that you get all your political knowledge from MSNBC:The far left's answer to Fox News.
>>
File: 1430359320808.png (127 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1430359320808.png
127 KB, 500x359
>>77839104
They had to ruin Toph, because if she was half as ridiculous as Bumi was when he was 112+ years old she could have soloed the rest of the entire show. She wipes the floor with depressed Korra, makes Kuvira fuck right off, and under certain circumstances has omnivision. They had to pull the "lol shes old now and cant fight no more", she was just too op

Also what >>77839124 said, Sokka was ten times the leader that Katara was by the end of the show
>>
>>77839104
>implying Aang was ruined
>implying Toph isn't exactly as she would turned out to be
>>
>>77839185
>Libertarianism is about limiting government power and ensuring that inalienable human rights are respected.
It also assumes that only the government can infringe on those rights, and is more than happy to let them be consumed by private entities.

>Thank you for demonstrating that you get all your political knowledge from MSNBC:The far left's answer to Fox News.
The far let's answer to Fox News is Tumblr.

Libertarianism is a philosophy that requires either selfishness or very limited knowledge on economics to support.
>>
>>77837729
Eh, that mustache was a popular look at the time that LOK is based off. But I agree though. Someone should post the edits of him without his mustache.
>>
>>77839256
>and is more than happy to let them be consumed by private entities.

And now you are confusing it with anarcho capitalism. The far left really has effectively sold the lie that libertarianism is a bizarre melding of objectivism and anarcho cpaitalism.
>>
>>77837330
They Could've fixed it.

That's what gets me, they had a perfectly valid reason to give to Aang, and they just didn't.

Just have the Lion Turtle say "Yes, you have a duty as the Avatar, but you also have a duty as The Last Airbender. You must decide which one you hold dearest."

Then have Aang say something at the end like "I Can't turn my back on my culture's most holy teaching if I'm the last practitioner. I have a duty to future airbenders to not taint our culture. So I found another way"

Ergh. I'm not going to be upset with Aang not killing Ozai, I'll just be upset that they settled for an asspull without giving ANY context.
>>
File: tumblr_nh3iu4QzZp1u6u8ajo1_1280.jpg (104 KB, 1073x717) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh3iu4QzZp1u6u8ajo1_1280.jpg
104 KB, 1073x717
Suyin is t3h hawtz0r
>>
>>77836587
i wouldn't say she was horrible but she had a lot of flaws and was a huge hypocrite. as she got older and had kids she became the parent that tell her kids do as she says not as she's done. it was interesting in how she was oblivious to her own actions. Perhaps she just didn't care if she sounded and acted like a hypocrite. she might be the most fascinating character in LOK.
>>
>>77836685
Aang's daughter was the hottest cougar
>>
File: Korra MILForama.jpg (202 KB, 999x750) Image search: [Google]
Korra MILForama.jpg
202 KB, 999x750
>>77836685

Which one, /co/ ?
>>
>>77837179

/pol/ being retarded .
>>
>>77840662
Any of the ones that don't have resting bitch face.
>>
>>77840662
Lin is the best, but Pema is the cutest
>>
>>77837748

you have to take into account Aang wasn't an adult. He was a child you ran from all his problems. you expect that kid to kill someone when he was taught the way of peace. Aang tried to stay out of fights whenever he could. his training Toph was painful to watch Toph went out her way to bully him and he still was zen like.
>>
File: 1444957622362.png (817 KB, 1024x1087) Image search: [Google]
1444957622362.png
817 KB, 1024x1087
All the Bei Fongs are pretty great.
>>
>>77840662
Best Girl is already in the center.
>>
>horrible people get away with things with no comeuppances.
>just like real life.

I see no problem here.
>>
>>77837598
Man, you don't even need the 'older' qualifier

Babes as far as the eye can see
>>
>>77840662
>>
File: 1448564152449.jpg (24 KB, 686x515) Image search: [Google]
1448564152449.jpg
24 KB, 686x515
>>77840800
Opal>Toph>Suyin>Lin
>>77840662
top mid,left mid, center, bot left and bot mid
>>
>>77840662
are there any full body pics of the zuko's daughter?
>>
>>77837411
No. Ozai was deranged. If there's a way not to kill him, that's the way Aang should choose.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.