[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, I happened onto a clip from Histeria just now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: the responsible parties.jpg (455 KB, 1600x1202) Image search: [Google]
the responsible parties.jpg
455 KB, 1600x1202
Holy shit, I happened onto a clip from Histeria just now and I forgot how much of a car crash this was. Can we talk about this?

>one of the most important characters is a big fat baby named Big Fat Baby who near literally does nothing other than shit himself
>two different characters who are supposed to be cranky pensioners who are older than dirt
>two different characters whose entire personality is 'loud and obnoxious' one of which is literally named Loud Kiddington
>two different characters whose entire personality is 'lobotomy patient' and a THIRD whose gimmick is 'incredibly ignorant and ditzy' and whose name is literally Miss Information
>the rest of the cast is literally the Burger King Kid's Club with the black kid, the Native American Kid, the Asian kid, etc, all the way down to a character who I am pretty sure is supposed to be from the Indian subcontinent but according to the wiki (yes there's a wiki for this trainwreck, there's a wiki for everything) is unnamed and does not have any speaking lines and is thus listed as 'Bow Haired Girl'
>it's supposed to be educational and humorous
Well it might get educational, so one point out of a gazillion, only if you were actually watching it to learn something you probably would have been better off watching PBS as it isn't full of SHOUTING KID CHARACTERS!!!!111

Is this the absolute laziest thing that ever came out of Warner Brothers animation?
>>
>>77835560
oh yeah, and also, the intro is literally a cut-rate knockoff of their own older, more popular show, Animaniacs.

was this show literally designed by committee?
>>
>>77835736
It was made specifically because WB was criticized for not having enough educational programming.
>>
>>77835736
>>77835920
Histeria is what you get when a bunch of smarmy animators are browbeaten into doing something they don't want to. If it was designed by a committee, it's a committee full of the type of person that could post passive-aggressive rhetorical questions and sarcastic scenarios on social media all day.
>>
>>77835560
>>77835736
>>77836201
Nice blog post OP.
>>
>>77836232
>hur hur samefag OP
the first two posts are obviously me, the third one is not me at all. You certainly seem to be a prime candidate for the braindead kind of crack baby who grew up loving this shit, though.
>>
And yet it's still funnier than Animaniacs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaOgCMs3vtE
>>
>>77836278
Calm down and stop acting like anybody who's reading your posts gives a shit. Nobody is going to agree with you, nobody is going to cheer you on, nobody is going to call your post an epic win OP and repost is in thread cap threads.

I remember watching this show and I think I liked it at the time. But, I was a kid and kids will watch pretty stupid shit. I also remember not getting a lot of jokes and I'm pretty sure I "learned" some wrong info about history from it.
>>
>>77835560
Fucking epic.
Couldn't agree more.
>>
I remember enjoying it as a kid. Haven't seen it in a long time though. I wanna draw lewds of the tour guide lady though, since that pic reminded me she existed.
>>
>>77836291
>In2TV
I remember being so hyped about this. It was TV that you could watch ... online! That was revolutionary to me.

Good times.
>>
>>77835560
it really was pretty fucking bad. Tbh all the shit you listed wasn't the problem
the PROBLEM is they developed all these characters and did NOTHING WITH THEM. There's no story, just a series of skits where the kids introduce bits of history and various celebrity impressions act them out. WHy bother make characters if nobody's gonna care?
this and channel umptee-3 were like the death of funny cartoons
>>
It was a show created solely to provide E/I content to air on Kids WB's weekday morning block. Nothing more.

Also there was supposed to be 52 episodes but they ran out of money.

I found Aka Pella to be cuter than Charity Bazaar, honestly.
>>
>>77837532
Fuck I meant to say 65 episodes.
>>
>>77836291
if you think that is funnier than this you're a bigger dullard than I can even comprehend.

https://youtu.be/rdoqvIs2gk0

there's absolutely no hope left for you, you might as well head to where all people with shit taste end up

>>>/mu/
>>
Well, I thought the "Lydia Karaoke, Network Censor" character was kinda funny, getting her panties in a bunch over basic non issues just because it offended her personally, like when they did the parody of "Sister Wendy" where she tries to censor all the great nudes of history, or the history of the ancient Roman empire because the subject of the vomitorium upsets her.

Also, does anybody else think that the Cho Cho, the Asian girl might've been a bit racist and stereotypical?

Lastly, does anybody else find it strange that the show was taken off the air after the events of September 11th, 2001?
>>
>>77837722
>Well, I thought the "Lydia Karaoke, Network Censor" character was kinda funny, getting her panties in a bunch over basic non issues just because it offended her personally, like when they did the parody of "Sister Wendy" where she tries to censor all the great nudes of history, or the history of the ancient Roman empire because the subject of the vomitorium upsets her.
that's a gag directly lifted from Tiny Toons, though.
>>
File: 7z1SwS3[1].png (36 KB, 177x145) Image search: [Google]
7z1SwS3[1].png
36 KB, 177x145
Holyshit I completely forgot this existed. Somehow that baby slobbering and shitting and being a useless circle persists in my memory but nothing else about the show.

>Is this the absolute laziest thing that ever came out of Warner Brothers animation?

That's hard to say because they've made so much confusing terribad shit. With WB it's either fond nostalgia or shit I forgot existed.

>pic related
>>
>>77837719
I wonder how critical you would be towards someone who disagreed with you over something that actually mattered in your life instead of just liking something you don't.
>>
>>77837788
>the quality of entertainment available in your life is not a thing that matters

you know if you sucked cocks with that mouth instead of spewing mental diarrhea you'd probably be a lot more popular
>>
>>77837913
Are you saying you don't have better quality entertainment than Histeria, some show which aside from this thread is forgotten, in your life right now?
>>
>>77837776
THE PARTY'S JUST BEGUUUN
>>
>>77837719
>left handed

Someone liked Zelda
>>
>>77835560
I liked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75F5RaU5wSM
>>
File: Marx Lennon.jpg (9 KB, 482x288) Image search: [Google]
Marx Lennon.jpg
9 KB, 482x288
>>77838310
>They have a song about Marxism
>It's sung by a Groucho impersonator
Not exactly original, but why mess with perfection?
>>
>>77838540
what's this from?
>>
>>77836291
lucky bob is my spirit animal
>>
>>77838579
Firesign Theater.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCzgdF_WjOg
I also recommend Don't Crush that Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers.
>>
>World's Oldest Woman makes a joke like "I'm so old, I remember when air was invented"

>to this day my younger brother still uses that joke every year on Mom's birthday because she was old when she had him
>>
>>77837719

that was retarded.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.