[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GM Animal Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 479755.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
479755.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1080
So I just recently finished the Grant Morrison run of Animal Man, and I've just read Vol 1 of Lemires run, post opinions, also general Animal Man thread
>>
On my second or third read through I noticed the parallels between the Thanagarian artist and Buddy's Indian friend's visions.

What else have I missed?
>>
>>77827697
The only character that never had a bad run
>>
>>77827697
Great comic. You should read post Morrison vol 1
>>
>>77828099
Ah cool spot, never noticed!
>>
File: -004+copy.jpg (64 KB, 244x461) Image search: [Google]
-004+copy.jpg
64 KB, 244x461
>>77827697
I've recently finished Lemire's run myself. Buddy Baker indeed never had a bad run if you don't count team books. The final arc with space Green/Red avatars would benefit from a few more issues to explain how it all ties into the cosmic hierarchy, but it's still solid - not the same as Morrison's and other pre-Flashpoint runs, but still quite amazing.

Was it ever explained what the fuck project Taproot was, though? And how it's meant to fit with the annual where two out of the Hunters Three already exist in the XIXth century...?
>>
It's a great character piece, but it'd kind of suck to have his powers.
>>
>>77828599
Obviously. The post-morrison stuff is really depressing in a optimistic way. I especially like when AM looks like Satan and starts a church.
>>
>>
The fact that Morrison decided to do the deus ex machina and save Buddy's family by having it all be a dream even though he told Buddy that'd be lazy writing and that it would soil his career is still one of my favourite moments in comics.
>>
>>77829611
Really I love the way the comic looks at the "creator/creation" relationship. Or "creator/adopted creation" in this case. And the overall look at how creators treated the minor lighthearted characters in the 80s and 90s.
>>
I liked that Buddy was just a family man trying to put bread on the table as a superhero, whilst realising that its kind of a shit job. I also liked he met Grant. And the other references to forgotten superheroes when Buddy visit Psycho Pirate in the prison was just fantastic too
>>
I'm gonna acknowledge the elephant in the room and say the issues with Vixen were really subpar.
>>
>>77829938
I thought they were okay. The only one which stands out as bad for me was the Dolphin one, mostly because the dolphins were too intelligent and humanized.
>>
>>77830202
>Not liking dolphins
Look at this gigantic faggot.
>>
File: animal man 77_01.jpg (167 KB, 703x1037) Image search: [Google]
animal man 77_01.jpg
167 KB, 703x1037
Anyone familiar with that arc?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.