[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best animated movie of 2015 and why is it The Small Prince
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: The-Little-Prince-2015-poster.jpg (52 KB, 599x373) Image search: [Google]
The-Little-Prince-2015-poster.jpg
52 KB, 599x373
What is the best animated movie of 2015 and why is it The Small Prince
>>
>>77818138
>that cast full of celebrities who can't voice act
I have a hard time thinking it can even be good. The Little Prince is supposed to be a low-key story, not a Hollywood extravaganza. I also think the Little Prince isn't fit for a feature film, considering the book takes like 30 minutes to read.

>watch trailer
Oh the actual story is the framing device. Okay I guess.
>>
>>77818200
I never heard of it until now.
>the book takes like 30 minutes to read.
Really the movie is almost two hours long
>>
>>77818211
Apparently I'm misremembering as the audiobook is about 2 hours long
https://youtu.be/yWQo_AAHDUA
Which is almost weirder considering a big part of the story in the movie isn't in the book (the little girl and the old man).

I remember it as the easiest read ever.
>>
>>77818249
The movie will probably be ignored mostly and fade into obscurity. Inside Out will probably be the winner of the oscars.
>>
>>77818290
Official selection in Cannes (as a movie, not just an animated feature) is more impressive anyway imo, even if it does less for mainstream success.
>>
I watched it last night with no prior knowledge of how it would pan out, and wasn't quite what I was expecting. I'd assumed it would be a straight adaptation of the book, but it's more like they used the book as a framing device to tell a another story.
It was good though. I liked how the first half of the film was really chill and grounded in reality, with the girl and the kooky old aviator striking up a friendship , and then when it comes to the point where it's looking like he'll die and she's still wrestling with the concept of having to become a grown up and potentially forgetting her childhood and the old guy it kind of abruptly switches to an almost Laika-esque direction.

>>77818200
It still is a pretty low-key film for the most part, even with the voice cast. Hell, most of them don't even play a major role until more than halfway through.
>>
>>77818138
I watched it on the flight across the pacific.

It was okay and I liked the music.
>>
>>77818138
Anti-communist propaganda disguised as a animated film
>>
>>77818469
Dunno about the movie but Saint Exupéry was an atheist existensialist, hardly an anti-leftist.
>>
>>77818497
In the beginning of the movie everything was uniform and adults were all hard as fuck and no freedom what's so ever and the little girls mom pretty much and not exaggerating here planned every single second of her entire life and you can guess what happens from there.
>>
>>77818531
Little girl? I remember a pilot and an alien in the middle of the goddamn Sahara Desert.
>>
>>77818531
>In the beginning of the movie everything was uniform and adults were all hard as fuck and no freedom what's so ever and the little girls mom pretty much and not exaggerating here planned every single second of her entire life and you can guess what happens from there.
None of that has to do with actual communism. The earth's society in Captain Harlock (1978) was a communist society and they were hedonists. They just achieved communism through mechanized labor making goods so overabundant that they didn't have value. That's more anti totalitarianism.
>>
>>77820424
A post-scarcity economy is science fiction, not communism.
>>
>>77820559
But Communism is fiction too though.
>>
Inside Out is going to run away with the majority of awards anyway.
>>
>>77820359
That's all still there, it's even stop-motion animated. It's just presented as a story written by an encentric old pilot that the little girl reads.
>>
>>77818138
Is the stop motion parts actually stop motion?
I've never gotten a straight answer and its hard to tell
>>
What's this obscure Chinese fucking thing? I only watch what my kids watch. That Inside Out had good graphics and my kids liked it, I think I'll vote to give it an Oscar.
>>
File: 200px-Goodgraphics[1].png (47 KB, 200x144) Image search: [Google]
200px-Goodgraphics[1].png
47 KB, 200x144
>>77820839
>>
>>77820839
Damn you academy awards judge

Seriously, why don't they actually bother to get different judges who know what they are actually talking about for each category?

Thats why certain types of movies keep getting the shaft.
>>
>>77821019
Judges that (mostly) know shit pick the nominees, and then the rest of the academy votes on those nominees to get the winner. So basically the winner is a popularity contest and getting nominated is a better show of quality
also there's weird rules about foreign films and shit and since animated is its own category it just makes the shit worse.
tl;dr Oscars don't matter for animation
>>
>>77821019
Let me tell you how the academy awards works.
1.They don't watch any of the animated films. They give the award to whoever pays them or whatever the biggest asshole in the room tells them too.
That's it.

2.It's just a popularity contest/way to line their pockets. It litterally means fuck all.

3.To win the oscar your stuff has to have
1.Gay stuff
2.Be about someone being ugly and evil or crazy
3.Being about retarded people
4.Be worth a lot of fucking money
5.Fuck the right groups of people to get it.
>>
>>77821080
>>77821053
Well I know nominations are based on politics and shit, but we saw the voter responses last year, so many of them didn't even give a fuck about animation but wouldn't abstain from voting on those categories either.

Some of them even admitted they didn't watch all the movies they were given.

Its bullshit. The idealist in me hopes that maybe this year after that was leaked they are gonna do things properly, at least have multiple sets of voters for different categories, but Im pretty sure its gonna be exactly the same.

So yeah, Inside Out is gonna win regardless of whether it should win.
>>
>>77818138
It is kind of bad actually.
>>
>>77818290
Well duh, it's the Pixar movie, other nominees are a formality.
>>
>>77818138

I'd know if it was a good movie or not if I could watch it. I've read and loved the book, but I wonder about the film adaptation.

>Coming out March 2016 in USA

Why delay the release so long? Is it because it doesn't have enough burgers in it?
>>
>>77821116
This is not the first time it was made clear that they don't even bother to watch the movies. It did't change before and won't change now.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.