[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain the new Marvels' storyline?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: MarvelSecretWars (1).jpg (68 KB, 670x360) Image search: [Google]
MarvelSecretWars (1).jpg
68 KB, 670x360
> pic related.

What the fuck? secret wars Civil wars (with skrull, so secret wars civil wars secret invasion) only last 5 chapter and it's done. a definitive ending.

Secret wars Age of apocalypse (basically the same story as secret wars civil war, but with mutans) 5 chapters and done. Definitive ending.

What marvel is trying to do? Rewrite all of its best it, without connection between them, no continuity?
When they done taking money from early fan, they gonna have the red scarlett rebuilt the entire multiverse?

I'm confuse
>>
>>77817519
>Definitive ending
kek

>>What marvel is trying to do? Rewrite all of its best it, without connection between them, no continuity?
>implying continuity reset

>red scarlett
Literally who?
>>
>>77817787
>Literally who?
Either Scarlet Witch or Red Skull. Or Scarlet Skull.
>>
Do you not understand what a mini is?
>>
>>77817519
They're literally writing a bunch of 'What if?' comics with 4-5 parts to the story. Afterwards the entire story is gone and you'll never see anything about it. It does not change the past events in any form.
>>
>>77817820
And in end it'll be "woah, we all dreamed weird dream but we don't remember jack shit of it".
>>
>>77817519

Here's the short version:

Secret Wars takes place on a world which is a patchwork of chunks of different Earths from different universes, sewn together by the will of Doom as the multiverse was collapsing. He was able to save at least a little bit of each of a couple of dozen worlds and thus prevent the complete death of the multiverse, and now rules there as a god-emperor.

These mini series each take place on one or another of these chunks of worlds, where we see how these events - like Civil War or the Age of Apocalypse - played out in parallel timelines to the events we're familiar with, now fused into a single contiguous planet.
>>
>>77817787
Definitive ending : In the end of civil war and age of apocalypse everyone is dead or powerless. I know comics won't stop, but i mean they won't be any sequel to that.

>red scarlett

Yes sorry she is called 'sorcière rouge" in french. i mixed it up.

>>77817820
what do you mean i won't see anything about it? so what with secret wars ? just a bunch of "what if" from marvel's bestseller and then?

>>77817832
yes i know the story of secret wars. but since all the multiverse collapse i hoped for more in secret wars..
>>
>>77817989
Then everything is forgotten, the world is made anew and nobody remembers what happened. Except maybe Doom, but we don't know how Secret Wars will end, so we don't know if he's alive in the new universe.

Multiple ongoings have already started that take place after Secret Wars, and all of them mention something vague about the world ending, and then everything being fine.

It's just a bunch of What Ifs, and then the event ends.
>>
>>77818009
Doom was shown to be alive at the end of Iron Man #1
>>
>>77818009
Lol. So the pre-event Infinity with avengers /New avengers / infinity with thanos was actually the event. Secret wars itself sucks?

>the world is made a new

The whole multiverse is rebuilt?
>>
>>77818026
Doom = Docteur Von Fatalis. (could be translate as : Doctor Von Fatality in english)
Scarlet witch = Sorcière rouge (red Witch)
>>
>>77817989
>>she is called 'sorcière rouge"
>>77818037
>implying Wanda would have an unexpected role in Secret Wars #9 and its immediate repercussions

Did you read the translated French version of Secret Wars?
>>
>>77818023
Oh right, I forgot about that.
>>77818027
Secret Wars itself was just about a bunch of different, out of continuity stories. I enjoyed it a lot, we got to see a lot of fun stories that we wouldn't normally be able to see in 616, and a lot of forgotten characters regained the spotlight.

Multiverse was shown to exist in Web Warriors #1, bunch of spiders still hang around in Earth-1 to help worlds with no Spider-man. I think Ultimate universe is dead, Spider-black is now in 616 and Ultimate Thor's hammer is also in 616.
>>
>>77818043
Not the official translation, because secret wars will be launch on january, not before. it's suck to be european for comics^^

But i rode the scan.

I said scarlet witch randomly because she is irreponsible as fuck, and always uses her too powerfull without thinking. she could totaly by chilling, say "no more secret wars" and everything will be set to normal.
I mean she made kids with a robot, kill the avengers , almost exterminate every mutants on the planet.... but noooo she is a avengers...
i so fucking hate her
>>
>>77818082
Avengers take care of their own, Cyclops.
>>
>>77818092
I'm reading the "uncanny avengers" but the french version is really delay. For now, she (wanda) is on the "counter-Earth" with her brother and they discover that they aren't mutants, it was the master of evolution who gives them their power.

So, mutant? no mutant?
>>
>>77818109
Not mutant anymore. Neither is daughter of Magneto.
>>
>>77818118
Ok nice
Thank you for the information : )

A new event is planned after secret wars?
>>
>>77818129
Yes, believe it or not. Avengers: Standoff will involve all Avengers books. Sure, that's more of crossover and not something that will hijack all books, but whatever.
>>
>>77818129
Civil War II is rumored to be in preproduction and nothing else, aside from the crossovers Avengers Standoff and Spider-Women (both will begin in March; the former will have a prologue that is coming out in February).
>>
>>77817519
>capeshit
The only winning move is not to care. When will you guys learn?
>>
>>77817519
>I'm confuse
>Definitive ending.

Yes, that's pretty obvious. Look, all the Secret Wars mini are not in-continuity and have no connection to the old stories, other than playing musical chairs with some elements of the premise and basically just rehashing them otherwise. It's just people playing with old storylines, they mean nothing nor have any impact on anything.

>>77817989
>what do you mean i won't see anything about it? so what with secret wars ? just a bunch of "what if" from marvel's bestseller and then?

Tie-ins, yes. Main series is just a convoluted ending to Hickman's boring as fuck Avengers run. It all matters very little, as we've already seen by the books that have come out and take place post-Secret Wars. It's just bunch of waste of money, like 99,97% of all event comics.
>>
>>77818142
>>77818149
haven't heard avengers :standoff.
But since Secret wars #1 isn't even out in france, i'm not really suprised

What do you mean all avengers? like Infinity that involves all the series of Hickman?
>>
>>77818171
>What do you mean all avengers?
All Avengers titles except A-Force.
>>
>>77818171
Hickman leaves Marvel.
>The story continues on in tie-in issues of Sam Wilson, Captain America; All-New, All-Different Avengers; Uncanny Avengers; New Avengers, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D; and other titles to be announced.
>>
>>77818082
French Bendis?
>>
>>77818167
>like 99,97% of all event comics.

idk, i liked "Axis" Zenpool was fun. and inversed Red skull being somehow Charles xavier was great
>>
>>77818202
That's why I said 99,97% instead of saying all events. Once in a blue moon you get something coming out of this shit that is actually good or semi-decent, as if by accident. Though Red Skull with Xavier's brain, IMO, ended up being entirely anti-climactic after all the build up in the long run.
>>
>>77818197
Look the movie Avengers 2 . No Wanda no movie. She saves nothing, she barely repairs what she has done.

House of m, axis, Avengers disassembled.. During the whole "uncanny avengers - unity avengers-xmen-team" more than half of the problem were made by her.

She is more threathing for the planet than Thanos
>>
>>77818193
Sauce: Amazon

>On his 75th anniversary, Captain America is about to face a challenge unlike any other. Prepare for an assault on...Pleasant Hill! Three shield-wielders past and present - Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson - find themselves in a standoff, with high and very personal stakes. And this tense conflict quickly escalates out of control, drawing in several Avengers teams! But it all begins in the small town of Pleasant Hill. An idyllic community with friendly neighbors...and a terrible, dark secret. What is going on behind Pleasant Hill's closed doors, and how will Captain America react?

>COLLECTING: WELCOME TO PLEASANT HILL PROLOGUE 1, ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL ALPHA 1, AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. 3-4, UNCANNY AVENGERS 7, ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS 7-8, NEW AVENGERS 8-10, CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON 7-8, UNCANNY AVENGERS 8, ILLUMINATI 6, HOWLING COMMANDOS 6, ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL OMEGA 1..

The HC will be tentatively out on July 12, 2016.
>>
>>77818219
>AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Tapdancing Christ. Can't wait what will Cavalry say! She's my favorite TV superhero!
>>77818202
And everything was retconned. Why the fuck did they even made it event? It was supposed to be one story in Uncanny Avengers.
>>
>>77818216
well i think it depents of the event itself. If marvel say "we need a event, fast. We have to show great sell for the shareholder"..... "well ok.. let's... kill The guardian "
event like "Original sin" are really shitty cause they isn't any previews, any clue that's gonna happens. Unlike Axis or infinity
>>
Is All new x-men/Guardians of galaxy with the trial of Jean grey any good? Do i have to read all the chapter of both serie?
>>
>>77818267
No. Her trial is joke and only ends up with her getting level up and new power.
Funny, Bendis' trial of Beast sucked as well.
>>
>>77818280
does the whole plot of "all new x-men" is slowly watching Jean grey from the past Friendzoned cyclop and become the phoenix once again?
>>
>>77818289
Nope, Rightclops becomes last host of Phoenix.
Ignore All-New X-Men, it's bad run.
>>
>>77818298
>Rightclops
how? when? where?
>>
>>77818319
Secret Wars #1. He became Phoenix, got killed by Doom, got revived and did something to Inhumans and is currently dead/in hiding.
>>
>>77818323
>Secret Wars #4
ftfy
>>
>>77818332
Whatever issue. Story is what matters.
And I find it lacking.
And art is copypasted like fuck.
>>
>>77818237

Events spinning off from a specifric storyline from a single are usually even worse because they take a storyline that was like, two/three book crossover and force everything to tie into it. Inifinity was shit because of this, as was Fear Itself.
>>
>>77818349
>And art is copypasted like fuck.
Because muh deadlines.
>>
>>77818355
Infinity was great, i love the art, and i could see Namor humilated and his kingdoms destroyed twice in a row, by The wakandas and Thanos. Love that.
>>
>>77818356
How long is Secret Wars in making? Teo years, three?
>>
>>77818423

Bordering three, I think if you count SW into the length. It's something like almost 100 issues long in total, all in all.
>>
>>77818869
And all that time, they couldn't get art on time.
>>
>>77818218
How can one Witch be so based?
>>
>>77821112
>gypsy
>based
Lolno.
>>
>>77818197
Francais Bendis, le écrivain?
>>
>>77818218
Are you Rhodey's Arc Reactor.
>>
>>77818869
Actually its much much much longer if you factor in Hickman's FF run, which did major foreshadowing with Doom creating Battleworld being foreshadowed in Hickman's FF run and his Ultimate Universe work, which set up evil Reed.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.