[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY SHIT. This show is far too good to be sharing a space with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
HOLY SHIT. This show is far too good to be sharing a space with other adult swim garbage. I cannot believe that ending, using storyline material built from pretty much only that and one other episode, tore me apart. Please just freeze me until march 2017.
>>
>>77814244
reddit and memey
>>
spacedad934 likes this
>>
>>77814244
>>77814266
my man!
>>
>>77814244
Somebody didn't watch the second half of Season 2
>>
>>77814244
nice b8, nigger
>>
How much does the soft pastel color pallet have to do with reddit and memey's success with the teenaged psuedo-intellectual demographic?
>>
>>77814266
>reddit
Can someone please explain this? What's so reddit about it?
>>
>>77817287
Reddit likes it. Like most people.
>>
>>77817340
Reddit likes Gravity Falls too.
>>
>>77817340
Reddit likes GF,OTGW, and ATLA too. I don't see what's the problem.
>>
>>77817353
Reddit likes everything. It's why we hate them.
>>
>>77817406
oh yeah, I forgot we were /co/mblr
>>
>>77817398
I don't think they like AT anymore. Just like /co/.
>>
>>77817412
Hating Reddit is a 4chan thing, not really a tumblr thing.
>>
>>77814244
Season 2 had issues. That episode with all the improv means they couldn't even come up with a complete episode to fill that slot.
>>
>>77817647
I understand antagonizing Tumblr, but what's with the axe to grind against Reddit? I mean it's a really shitty website with a shitty voting system that stifles all chances of discussion, but all it results into is a comfy environment where everyone agrees with each other. It's so fundamentally harmless it's literally thriving as a platform for advertisement.
>>
File: reddit.png (75 KB, 932x1746) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
75 KB, 932x1746
>>77817771
In the beginning it was all about memes. All the old memes would be created on 4chan, then get "stolen" by reddit. At which point they would be A) still used long after they became old and tired. and B) became famous for being something from Reddit.
>>
>>77817872
Fuck, I forgot about this aspect of it. That's actually a legit reason to hate Reddit.
>>
>>77817287

The creators mine jokes from reddit users instead of coming up with original jokes for themselves.
>>
File: reddit.jpg (48 KB, 571x655) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
48 KB, 571x655
>>77817919

The mods are also massive cunts
>>
>>77817287
the writing for the show is 1:1 like some smarmy cock from /r/science wrote it.
>>
File: Insane heroism morale check.jpg (52 KB, 676x539) Image search: [Google]
Insane heroism morale check.jpg
52 KB, 676x539
>reddit likes Rick and Morty
>reddit is bad
>therefore Rick and Morty is bad
Tumblr called, they want their association fallacy back
>>
DUDE angry old man belches bad voice acting mor- mor- *belches* morty!! LMAO
>>
>>77817287
I cannot explain it. I'm usually good at this, but I can't put it into words
I love the show, don't like reddit, but reddit is "dank" if you are into it, and most of my friends use it. But this is reddit as fuck, I've thought it as soon as I watched the first episode, and wasn't surprised that so many people thouht so.

I guess it has to do with the target demographic. This is aimed at internet people, the show is in many senses cheap internet animation with better art and a good plot. It has that kind of irreverent humor, and balls everywhere, but it drifts away from that to have a plot that comments on the uses of technology. It's extremely genre-savy.
It's targeted at people who feel comfortable with internet shorts but want more, that like science fiction and technology, and spent enought time (obviously online) watching series and knowing about films of any genre, so that the satire can land on them.

At least in my case, only by being on the internet a lot is that I came to know about B-movies and plots from the last hundred years.

As to why this is "reddit" as opposed to any internet community with median age of 22... I can't tell. It just feels like the show is saying and presenting a world view that people who are teens unhappy with the "system" but like circlejerking about TED talks would say.
Me? I relate and laugh at the nihilism, and I think alike Rick, but I cannot but cringe at the edge. Reddit usually doesn't have that self-awareness

but it's probably just bullshit what I'm saying, everyone rate it
>>
> There are anons that will die before the 3rd season of Rick & Mhorty rolls around
>>
>>77817427
Most of the comments in AT is positive. You can see the comment number for episode discussion dropped from thousands to hundreds. I guess when redditor a don't like a thing, they just leave
>>
>>77818031
this is pasta right?
>>
>>77818001
>Using logical fallacies
gb2 reddit :^)
>>
>>77818175
it is now. I release it with MIT License to copy and alter said post as "pasta", and any variation thereof
>>
>>77818031
>It just feels like the show is saying and presenting a world view that people who are teens unhappy with the "system" but like circlejerking about TED talks would say.
It does, innit.
I'm a leftist, but the kind of antifa bullshit that goes "it's cool to beat up random neo-nazis because they're racist" is not my cup of tea. That kind of shit, coupled with the general rebel teen tier antisocial behaviour he displays, really makes Rick look like he isn't older than Summer at moments.
And these displays of "correct thinking" are often so lacking in self-consciousness, they're declared as so self-evident, that you can't help but think of those posts that go "omg, that is so ignorant people, it's 2015!".
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.