[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Netflix show ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 400x418
On the rare possibility that DC could ever break away from the tweeny versions of their shows on the CW, and seeing as how most of /co enjoys Jessica "Kilgrave should've raped her" Jones, how well would you respond to a show around The Question (Renee Montoya)?
>>
If doesn't have anything related to Gotham (the shitty tv series), then fine.
>>
>>77808579
I'd boycott it. I want a 1:1 adaptation of ONeils run on HBO.

Vic or bust.
>>
>>77808712
I'll have to look that up on the tubes later tonight.
>>
Renee is my brofu so I would watch it and then get mad when it sucked. They'd probably fuck up her characterization and make her an angry loose-canon lesbian unless Rucka is helping to writing the scripts.
>>
File: The Question #15.jpg (3 MB, 3856x1952) Image search: [Google]
The Question #15.jpg
3 MB, 3856x1952
>>77808712
i want a 1:1 adaptation of #15, that fucking ending
>>
Sandman Mystery Theatre miniseries on HBO.
>>
Netflix will never do DC series because they don't want to risk losing Marvel.
>>
>>77808579
>The Question (Renee Montoya)
Nope
Vic or no dice
>>
>>77808579

A Question show? Sure, as long as you use the original guy. Let's not glorify lezbos
>>
>>77810213
I'm sure they would do it if they thought it would be profitable.

Personally I would love an Aquaman Netflix show.
>>
>>77810213

So why not give it to HULU?
>>
I want Secret Six so bad.
>>
DC isn't going to beat Marvel by playing their game, they should stick to animation. Their cartoons and animated movies are FANTASTIC and I typically dislike DC's content.
>>
>>77812238
Why do comics and anime and shows like to make anime girlsattractive looking

Theyre ugly
>>
I literally don't want DC's TV shows to be dark at all. Yes, dark to the degree that CW/CBS leads them towards, but not grimdark like the DCEU.

They should be fun. The Question isn't fun.
>>
>>77808579
>The Question
Hell yes.
>Renee Montoya
Nope.
>>
>>77810213
>>77812383
>>77812364
>Hulu
Kek
No, if anyone were to get it'd be HBO or Amazon, who have a deal with WB at least in the UK
>>
>>77812411
And if they are, they're just bi in denial
>>
>>77812407
Their animated movies are shit now, anon.

Timm's recent movie is the only good one in the last couple years.
>>
>>77812415
>at all
>fun
Nice one cancer. You have CW shows for that, allow for more than one tone per genre. Capes shouldnt be restricted to 'fun', they should be whatever they want to be
>>
>>77812481
Are they? Dammit. Well, they used to be that good. When did they take a turn?
>>
>>77812443
HBO is owned by WB, so if any TV-MA series based on DC's comics were to come to television, it would be through HBO.
>>
>>77812505

Justice League War was the first in a line of notable stinkers, so lets say early 2014.
>>
>>77812554
Sad. Well, I'll put aside my opinion until they bring it back to what it used to be.
>>
>>77812554
JLW is the only movie not foucing on Batman so i give it props

Even tho it has batwank in it
>>
>>77812505
Justice League War is when it became really noticeable. Pretty much every movie in that continuity is terrible.
>>
So if HBO picked up a pilot season for the first Question and not Montoya, who would you see him go up against? Would he be uncovering conspiracies about Cadmus and Amanda Waller, or do we go the route of Lex Luthor's presidential campaign?
>>
>>77813467
I'd rather see him explore how much of a shithole Hub City is.
>>
>>77813522
>>77813467
This, mix in a mystery/conspiracy about the goverment hiding Captain Atom to tie into the Charlton/Hub City work
>>
Dial H and Animal Man/Swamp Thing could work I guess.

Also Demon Knights
>>
>>77813467
Pit him against Shiva, have the first season use the ditko version of Question, season finale is their fight on the docks and season 2 begins with him learning from Richard Dragon.
>>
>>77808579
>Renee Montoya Question

Nope. I wanted to like her, really I did, but I just can't.

A Charles Victor Szasz would be fucking beautiful.
>>
Swamp Thing and Animal Man for sure. Maybe a Crisis series
>>
Earth 2 based around Dick Grayson becoming Batman after losing his wife Barbara
>>
>>77813731
Animal Man would only really work with a good budget. Netflix would have to cancel that overbudget pile of shit Marco Polo and use that money to make it worthwhile.
>>
>>77813731
I could see Animal Man doing at least a cameo for an episode where Question fights to expose PETA extremists poisoning fast food chains
>>
>>77813795
Fuck you
>>
>>77813795
Fuck off

Grayson series would be fucking sweet though
>>
>>77813795
Does it also include figuring out if his son os Johnny or Tommy
>>
>>77808579
Renee's got back story. Years of GCPD. 52. Vic's run as the Question.

I really love seeing live action 52 with all it's weird comic book fun.

James Robinson's Starman would be perfect.
>>
I would say green arrow but CW already did it.
Maybe Netflix can do their own arrow show except make it good.
>>
>>77814283
They could use Arsenal and build a show around him
>>
A Robin anthology show would be neat but it probably requires too much Affleck
>>
>>77812411

Yeah, attractive ;esbians happen far more often than in real life. And using them to titillate straight males has gotten BORING.

Besides there's no point in getting sexually aroused by people who would NEVER have sex with you
>>
constantine
they can literally do everything the tv are too pussy to make
>pedophilia
>rape
>drugs
>>
>>77814451
I hope if they do get Farell they arent too afraid to say cunt at the very least
>>
>>77814451
Constantine and Question team up?
>>
>>77813920
A Bludhaven Nightwing series would be better than a live action version of that meme fest.
>>
Batman but from when Bruce is killed instead of his parents.

His dad becomes Punisher Batman, his mom becomes milf Joker and the show is focused around their relationship, their mental health and Gotham degrading
>>
>>77814751
Oh yes, with such highlights as Dick getting raped and tentactle-Jason
>>
It would be HBO not Netflix. WB's not going to let some other online company carry their shit when they have their own service.
>>
Will I get crucified for saying I didn't like O'Neil's run that much? It had some interesting moments but overall it didn't really endear me to the character, especially since he talks all the time about questions and finding answers and in reality spends most of his time wasting his god-level kung fu training beating up random-ass muggers
>>
>>77814956
If that's all remember from the Bludhaven years, I feel sorry for you son.
>>
>Renee Montoya

VIC SAGE
I
C

S
A
G
E
>>
>>77808579
Start with Vic Sage and show him train Montoya later in the show, and then he finally passes his mantle to her.

I'de love a Spectre show, based on Ostrander's run.
>>
>>77812582
Well you weren't entirely wrong. They haven't been bad for too long and there's more stuff by Timm coming, so there is hope.
>>
>>77808579
No one likes angry lesbian feminist gurl powah stereotype version of Montoya, nor her run as the Question.
NO ONE likes O'neil question I don't give a fuck how many faggots here blather on about how COO it is.
It's trite smug 80's dark age comic garbage and the only reason these fucking losers like it is becasue of lady shiva being the most invinciblist thing around.

JLU Question with Huntress as his lady friday/woman who keeps him sane or you can take you retarded question and shove it.
Know what, I'd rather have a sandman mystery theatre or a good hitchhiker styled constantine.
>>
>>77808579
>a show around The Question
Yes.
>(Renee Montoya)
No.
>>
>>77817707
Season one, Vic Sage. Last episode, he finds out he has lung cancer. (holy fuck)
Season two, two or three episodes of him having a harder and harder time doing his job. Meets Renee Montoya, takes interest in her. Sees a spark in her or some bullshit, starts training her. Last episode, he reveals he has cancer, is in his final days. Last season opens up with Renee at Vic Sage's grave, talking to his tombstone, then continues the story with her as The Question.

That or he gets the cancer news at the end of season two. Season one takes time to establish the character, season two solidifies him before the news come, without much obvious buildup like real cancer.
>>
>>77808579
If anything, they'd do it through HBO.

Anyway, I love Renee Montoya but I'd rather they do Vic first or at least have him in the show.
>>
>>77808579
>The Question.
Fuck yeah. Favorite DC character of all time. I'd love to see a darker show dealing with Vi-
>(Renee Montoya)
Get fucked OP.
>>
>>77808579

I'd love it.
>>
>>77808579
>Question
Might be co-
>Renee
Fuck no.

At least start off with Vic and then do Renee in a later season. Don't start with her.
>>
Funny thing is, I only made the thread to get replies because I was bored at work. Also there are too many capeshit Batman and Grayson threads so I thought I'd shake things up a bit. Personally, I would prefer a Vic run of The Question instead, but I knew starting off the topic with Renee would be easy bait.
>>
>>77823220
Hook, line, and sinker OP.

So what do you say to a hard-boiled, mystery/noir feeling for the theme? Something kind of in the vein of Sin City? Only, with better detective work obviously.
>>
Fuck all these haters. I would love to see Vic first but it would be nice to finally see Renee done right in later seasons.
>>
>>77823394
I would like it, desu. I would want it to be noir, but also modernized to make Question relatable to current generations
>>
>>77809923

This seriously. Forget the Question, give me Wes and Dian and spooky noir shit.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.