[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after this whole thing, essentially nothing of any lasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15
File: 3ZJbgpi[1].png (638 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
3ZJbgpi[1].png
638 KB, 854x480
So after this whole thing, essentially nothing of any lasting significance happened?
>>
>>77801542
Not only do we got status quo'd hard but everything was even more status quo after than before those events, I mean PB got her Kingdom back didn't she?
>>
>>77801639
Yep. The only thing different now is that the vampire king is an active observer in Marceline's head.
>>
Absolutely nothing happened.

They just fought some vampires, we heard some backstory, then everything went back to normal.

Also, what was the point of even showing Marceline's mom? It showed her for like ten seconds. and didn't even mention her afterwards.
>>
>>77801542
>this thread again
also
>watching an episodic cartoon for radical changes
>>
File: borb.png (39 KB, 178x300) Image search: [Google]
borb.png
39 KB, 178x300
It had a bunch of nonsensical flashbacks/forwards that people will say mattered even though they were pretty much vague enough to allow the writers to twist into anything they want down the line.
>>
File: 1447575742263.jpg (381 KB, 1245x896) Image search: [Google]
1447575742263.jpg
381 KB, 1245x896
>>77801542
>implying it's not about the adventure
faggots
>>
>>77801542
It solidified Finn's role as a useless perma-virgin
>>
>>77801813
>implying LSP didn't rape him
>>
>>77801542

it was also horribly written.

>I have a conflict with you
you shouldn't have a conflict with me
>you were right all along now I agree with you
>>
>>77801786
I do appreciate the fact that season 7 has plenty of adventuring.

Mama Said felt like early AT, with Finn and Jake goofing around.
>>
>>77801542
>MARCELINE'S MOM WAS BLACK
NIGGER
I
G
G
E
R
>>
>>77801885
not to mention a demon worshiper or whatever you have to be to have sex with a demon
>>
>no Hunson Abadeer
Literally garbage
>>
>>77801760
Answer
>>77801885
>>
>>77801542
They gave you human lore.
They gave Marcy a defined personalty instead of being just a troublemaker.
They cemented that Finn and Bubblegum can never happen.
They had a fucking adventure with bad guys to thwart.
>>
>>77801760
Tumblr pandering
>>
She should have reverted back to Vampire hunter Marceline, but nope instead she gets turned back into a vampire and Finn and Jake once again prove how worthless they are to their own show
>>
>>77801953
psshh, stop killing their autism circlejerk
>>
>>77801953
>They gave Marcy a defined personalty
Which is?
>>
>>77801542
It explain what happen to all the humans and that it foreshadowed another terrible thing that's about to happen.
>>
>>77801963
Are Finn's only powers some nice acrobatics and super ebin plot armor thorn sword?
>>
File: es.jpg (578 KB, 800x1035) Image search: [Google]
es.jpg
578 KB, 800x1035
>>77801996
>>
I haven't been keeping up, what's with Cinnamon Bun and Flame Princess?
>>
>>77801996
A weary hero.
>>
>>77802046
FP is pregnant with CB's pastry.
>>
>>77802067
That's not really a personality
>>
So Bubbline didn't happen.
>>
>>77802046
CB is to Flame Princess what Finn is to Bonnie, her favourite knight and a good friend. CN clearly confirmed they aren't dating at all, so ignore the autists.
>>
>>77802098
maybe you should watch the cartoon instead of asking people to describe her to you
>>
>>77802011
Probably, and the sword was just another thing that could of been interesting but they just rushed thru shit, kinda like that red sword their dad gave them
>>
It's a miniseries that stands alone. I'm glad everything went back to normal. I'm normally as whiny about the status quo as you fuckers, but it didn't bother me for this. We got 8 funny episodes centered on one of the best characters and that's good enough for me.

Also anyone who complains about Marcy's mom is a whiny child.
>>
>>77802644
The only ones complaining are just random autists trying to derail the thread.
>>
>>77801542

>dat foreshadowing from lemon hope
damn, what happened to pb's kingdom
>gunther ruins pb's kingdom in a dream that will become real
holy fuck, that's actually going to happen
>pb looses her kingdom
holy fuck, it's happening
>pb gets her kingdom back
wait, what?
>pb's kingdom will eventually be destroyed but you have to keep watching to find out when
fuck

>constant foreshadowing of finn loosing his arm
man, finn is really going to loose that arm
>he looses it after confronting his father
holy fuck, it's happening
>finn gets his arm back and nothing happens with his father
fuck
>finn will eventually loose his arm for real, you just have to keep watching and find out when
FUCK

I'm tired of caring /co/.

So very tired.
>>
>>77801542
Why did the make Marcelin'es mom black, when in a photo in "Return to the Nightosphere" she is clearly not?
>>
>>77803105
Because a misc background photo was probably put in there without much thought in an already silly episode, and she appears for about 10 seconds and has zero weight on anything, so she might as well diversify the two existing humans left a bit.
Well aside from Moe too, if he's even human.
>>
>>77801542
What is "Adventure Time"?

I'll take Potent Potables for $500, Alex.
>>
>>77803132
>might as well diversify for the sake of diversification instead of sticking to what is already in the show
guess it was time for my daily reminder that this is the /tumblr/ board
>>
>>77803132
That doesn't make any sense. Its obviously a family photo. Who else could the woman in it possibly be??? Why include the photo at all unless they were planning on expanding on it later on? Just seems like they forgot about that while they were trying to be progressive.
>>
>>77803105
Becasue no one outside of fans said that was her mom just like no one but the fans thought PB = Betty or that ghost from the mansion was the girl in the painting.

Stop letting your headcanon theories ruin the show for you.
>>
>>77803167
Do you have a screenshot of said photo?

Also, I didn't think her mom was black. She looked more Hispanic to me. Which I believe Marcy's voice actor is.
>>
>>77803220
Not him, but look at the last archived thread, there was a picture of it. Also her VA is half-blacked, and yes, Marcy always appeared latino to me too, so I consider her ambiguosly brown mother latino.
>>
>>77803207
The amount of damage controlling you people do whenever the writers pull stuff like this is pathetic. If there is a family photo on the wall with Marceline, her father, and an uknown woman, WHAT LOGICAL CONCLUSION WOULD ANYONE WITH A BRAIN COME TO??? This is some made up fanfiction head canon garbage you mouth breather. Its just common sense to think the woman in the picture is her mother. It not something that has to be spelled out. But apparently thats not the case any more since in Stakes she is black and they didnt explain anything else after that. Just showed her off for 10 seconds to prove how progressive their show is.
>>
>>77803167
>Who else could the woman in it possibly be???
Why would she stand so far away from her family if she was her mother?
>>
>>77803270
*isnt
>>
>>77803270
Nigger, it was just a picture they randomly put back then, they probably forgot about it years later and made her mom brown. So what? Back then she wasn't considered half-demon but full-demon too, but noone ever complained. The only damage controlling I see is faggots like you eternally whining about fucking skin color in a cartoon where everyone fucking looks the same
>>
>>77803273
Maybe her and Hudson didnt really like each other and were drifting apart for some reason and she participated in the family picture just to feel like she was still apart of Marceline's life. It something that could have been explained in Stakes.
>>
It's not as if the entire series ended with a song called "Everything Stays" that literally explains how the story is about everything in life staying the same, but the characters growing. You people are worse than children, they laid out the moral in goddamn song and you still don't get it.
>>
>>77803337
"Whining" isn't "damage controlling" you dumbass. Defending the asspull that is making marceline's mom black (what you were doing) is.
>so what?
I guess its not a big deal. Just hate to see blatant pandering for tumblrpoints like this when clearly the show's history says otherwise.
>>
File: the photo.jpg (92 KB, 1112x1024) Image search: [Google]
the photo.jpg
92 KB, 1112x1024
>>77803220
>>
>>77803439
That could be a sister or aunt or something. Or just a throw-away gag that they forgot about because they weren't thinking that far ahead.
>>
>>77801542
Haven't watched AT in a while, this was a Marcy arc right? How long did it go for?
>>
>>77803519
8 episodes
>>
>>77803400
Why do you people constantly talk about those things though? You know we won't ever have a normal population in cartoons if every attempt of having a random nonwhite person ends with
>muh sjw pandering
>muh progressive ideas
you know that, right?

I totally agree with you that there's a continuity problem because of the picture in Return to the Nightosphere. But honestly, the writers probably don't even remember that picutre. Fanbases on the other hand are very big things and pay attention to every detail - shit happens.

Then again, I'm part of those normies who left /int/ because the daily whiteness discussions fucked up the board.
>>
>>77803519
8 episodes over 4 nights.
>>
>>77803519
8 episodes
>>
>>77801953
>>77802144
Shut the fuck up its gonna happen eventually.
>>
>>77803439
Damn sjw and niggers ruining my cartoons. Changing her mom was completely unnecessary.
>>
>>77803744
Marcy's VA is actually half black, you fuckstick.
>>
>>77803744
>MUH DEEPEST BACKGROUND PICTURE

No one cares.
>>
File: hahh.jpg (180 KB, 939x623) Image search: [Google]
hahh.jpg
180 KB, 939x623
>>77803391
Exactly.

The change on the mini was regarding caharcter dynamic, and development, not "hhuuur duuur status quo changed forevah".

Man, /co/ is really fucking dumb today. This is worst than that thread about why Captain jumped on the granade.

These people getting fucking mad regarding pointless and unimportant things is so stupid, I am start to wanting that AT make everyone suddenly black just to make you fuckers feel bad and cry, and I say it as right wing conservative that is always discussing with SJW.
>>
>>77803774
I get sjws, but how are niggers ruining your cartoons?
>>
>>77801639
I think you forgot Princess Crunchy.
>>
>>77804129
You look me straight in the eye and tell me the Finn's arm arc wasn't bullshit.
>>
>>77803774
>Olson was adopted at birth and raised in Los Angeles, California. She lives with her mother, brother, and father, comedy writer Martin Olson. Olson graduated from Agoura High School in 2010. She is of Jamaican and Swedish descent.

Okay if that's the case why couldn't they focus on the other half of her heritage? Plus she's adopted which means there's even less reason to make her in show mother black. I get that you guys want to pat each other on the back for accepting diversity but even you guys need to see that they're pushing some kind of agenda. Simply ignoring this will only let things go too far.
>>
>>77804189
Because no one but you faggots actually care about this.
>>
File: One punch knucles.gif (721 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
One punch knucles.gif
721 KB, 280x280
>>77804178
Yep, I hated it.

But we are disussing Stakes.

In my opinion they should just made his arm green, after it grew back. We know that its made of grass now, at least show it them. Making it green wouldnt be a big of a change for the marketing.
>>
File: 12.jpg (37 KB, 378x413) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
37 KB, 378x413
>>77804189
>Simply ignoring this will only let things go too far.

This is getting stupid.

>Make character black.

>Oh my god, what they will do next???? Who can stop them?!
>>
>>77802644
>one of the best characters

Marceline's so unbearably boring though, they write her as if she's literally a regular 20 something hipster. Even making an entire miniseries around her vampire stuff barely made her interesting.

They seemed to not like her being so evil and tricky like she used to be early on but their way of fixing that is making her so damn bland it's crazy.
>>
>>77804189
Its not patting each other for accepting diversity.

Its getting impressed by people whyning by something that no one care. I couldnt gave a shit that she is black or hyspanic, but people crying over it and acting like this is some kind of important thing or giant conspiration is just too autistic. Its patethic.
>>
>>77804494
I just fucking hate both sides man. It's who you are not what skin color you have on your body. I hate the faggots complaining just as much as the people eating it up like its some revolutionary thing to happen in cartoons today.
>>
File: 1445635441942.jpg (242 KB, 801x851) Image search: [Google]
1445635441942.jpg
242 KB, 801x851
>Finn has a wooden sword
>PB has a fucking shotgun
I don't know why this is funny to me.
>>
>>77804567
>people eating it up like its some revolutionary thing
I've seen no one act like this. I'm sure someone is, but it's nothing like /co/ thinks.
>>
>>77804567
>as much as the people eating it up like its some revolutionary thing to happen in cartoons today.
But no one here is eating it up like this. Nobody cares, that's all. Marcy's mom was literally the first nonwhite human character we got (Moe is just a tanned Italian, that doesn't count). If they now try to put only minorities people here will definitely have reasons for calling it out, but it isn't the case atm.

>>77804617
a laser shotgun.
>>
>>77804617
finn had a stake.
>>
>>77804684
it was both, he put a stake on a hilt
>>
>>77804684
Oh ok, I was just going by the fact he always uses swords and it has a cross-guard.

Still funny though.
>>
>>77804137
It's not black characters that are the problem.

It's using black-ness as a trait to make a character better or worse that is a problem. Marcy is now black for no other reason than because black = good somehow. Her heritage adds nothing but a checkmark in the progressive checklist.

A better idea would be to actually add a black character who was black from the start.
>>
>>77804871
>Marcy is now black for no other reason than because black = good somehow
Marcy still is just half-demon, and letting her having black heritage didn't influence her or her actions at all. It's just an artistic choice and has nothing to do with muh progressivity, fuck.
>>
>>77804871
Shoehorning characters to please the audience is a worse thing to do.
>>
>>77804871
Marcy's mom is black, Marceline only inherited some human DNA and not blackness. The only way this would ever matter is in humanization of them or something where Marcy would be black. And that's not a big deal at all.

There was never any evidence that Marceline would be white from the start, only people figuring that since white=default everyone would be white unless there was evidence to the contrary. If anything there was always more evidence against Marceline being white because of her VA (doesn't mean she will automatically be black but it gives support to her being some other shit).
>>
File: 1446329359166.png (84 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1446329359166.png
84 KB, 640x360
>>77805012
>If anything there was always more evidence against Marceline being white because of her VA
And because she plays bass and basketball, amirite
>>
>>77805079
Playing bass is a stereotypical black thing?
>>
>>77805125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv8QDN_-cEE
As a European I didn't know it either until watching this and using 4chan.
>>
>>77805125
Bass players are tall lanky black guys who can pluck a funky ass tune.
>>77804871
It really sounds like you have hang ups because you actually liked marcy as a character but don't like black characters.
>>
File: image.png (19 KB, 213x264) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19 KB, 213x264
>>77805160
>I just realized his named Token because he's the token Black character/friend
Well there's also Chef be he died though.
>>
Upon rewatch Stakes was pretty decent. Still had flaws but was a solid 7/10 I suppose.
Wish everything could be up to the same level of quality that May I Come In was.

Amazed the only thing some people got from it was "MARCELINE'S A NIGGER" but as it goes.
>>
>>77805270
The main discussions already happened, people actually interested in it have already said everything. Now baiters and shitheads are the only ones left.
>>
stakes was pretty okay, but some of the criticisms leveled at it are pretty stupid
>finn and jake jobbed too much
it was a marceline-based miniseries, it wouldn't really be right if they stole the show
>marceline's mom is black
first of all, she doesn't have to be explicitly black, she was more some kind of ambiguous brown. second of all, okay??? what's wrong with this? are you mad because it contradicts some family photo that appeared in the background for two seconds or are you pissed that there's a non-white character existing in a goddamn cartoon?
>too much bubbline teasing
i can understand this if you're not into shipping or just bubbline in particular, but it's stupid when people hate it just for being homo
>>
>>77801542

The only thing about this show that hasnt been Status Quo'd is Lemongrab.

R.I.P one of the more entertaining characters.

Oh also Finn's dad and The 3 headed Mar's guardian guy but theyre both really whatever
>>
>>77805466
Magic Man hasn't been "status quo'd" either.
>>
>>77805447
Finn and Jake being useless a solid half the time is valid I feel. Obviously they can't save the day and beat everything but they should at least lose in ways that don't make them look totally incompetent, otherwise it's hard to believe that they were able to save the world like 4 different times.

All they had to do was KO them in more sensible ways but that would require extra work and not let them be the comedic relief they were for most of Stakes.
>>
>>77804137
I never said blacks are ruining animation. I was telling that anon why they made Marcy half black.
>>
What the fuck is up with this show and it's god damn Status Quo bullshit.
I mean, holy fuck. Gumball has less of a Status Quo than this, and it has one of the thinnest running stories of any cartoon currently.
>>
>>77806113
I linked to the wrong post
>>
Marcy's mom is cute. CUTE.
>>
>>77806189
Gumball had Status Quo? At least it's not the relationship stuff unlike AT
>PB and Finn will never be a thing
>so here's a forced love interest
>Welp too bad cause they break up and everything is pointless
>>
I don't like AT because I think it's a bad show with poor animation, awful music and terrible writing.
It's important to me that you know how I feel, because there is the slimmest chance that it will make you see reason and stop supporting it so it will just die already.
>>
>>77804871
She is gray, not black.

Making her mother black, dont suddenly make her less gray.
>>
>>77801542
That picture really reminds me how much I hate the fact that they started dressing Bubblegum up like a normal teenager so often after the first few seasons. It's always struck me as ridiculously out of place.
>>
"Stakes. A word with two meanings. But aside from the weapons used for slaying vampires, the word meant something a little different then some of us may have expected. The stakes, meaning what was on the line, what could be gained or lost, were never material things. Marceline's life, or her vampirism, or PB's power, or Simon's madness, these were not at stake. Marceline herself, however, was. This was a story about Marceline growing up a little, healing a bit more from all the terrible things she has gone through in her life. It's not about if she lives, it's about how she lives, and it's not about the fact that she's still a vampire, it's about who that vampire is, and it's not quite the same person it was when the miniseries started.

Everything stays, right were you left it. Princess Bubblegum still rules the candy kingdom, Marceline is still the vampire queen. Everything stays, but it still changes. Marceline is a bit less damaged than she was before her stint as a mortal, and PB is a bit less controlling than she was before her exile. Ever so slightly/Daily and nightly/In little ways/But everything stays."
>>
>>77807632

Finn and Jake were useless and gained nothing.
>>
>>77807599
It's appropriate at times, you think royalty only wear dresses all the time and nothing else?
In Stakes she was just chilling in her shack so being dressed up to her neck would be a little odd.
>>
>>77807668
Incredibly but you can't really do much when you're stupid or when you when your powers are completely mismatched in comparison to immortal vampires. It makes me think about how other more powerful/Intelligent characters would be able to deal with some of Finn and Jake's more dire conflicts with ease.
>>
>>77807863
That would be retarded then if everyone else is so much better than the heroes at saving the world and stuff. Usually the heroes are 'heroes' because they're the ones who are good at that stuff.

Finn and Jake were out of their element (and written to be mostly ineffective but you know) but they can still kick ass other times. If they couldn't then half the series makes no sense.
>>
>>77807975

I find that character proclaiming themselves as "heroes" are less likely to be actual heroes.
>>
>>77808013
But 'everyone' calls them heroes. Like, all the time.
Is everyone in the show just wrong?
>>
File: abuse.png (186 KB, 355x335) Image search: [Google]
abuse.png
186 KB, 355x335
>>77807863
>>77807975

You know, it made me think if Finn and Jake would be able to take down Marce and Bubblegun, if they went after him with all their forces.
>>
>>77808049

Technically there is no right or wrong in morals, so yes.
>>
>>77808105
Finn and Jake seem to usually win through a mix of balls to the wall luck, outside the box thinking and determination.
So up against Marcy and PB they should realistically lose, but they would end up tying in the end.
>>
>>77807975
I'm not saying they can't kick ass and can't save the world, I'm saying that certain characters would do way better job at dealing with major conflicts in their world in comparison to Finn and Jake. It's just that alot of these characters don't have the projected ideas of a "hero" instilled in them like Finn and Jake and alot of these characters have prior responsibilities.
>>
>>77804171
Pretty sure PB said something about getting the kingdom back from Crunchy and letting Marceline stay with her in the castle, I migth've been on drugs but I don't think so
>>
File: bubblegum.png (161 KB, 460x317) Image search: [Google]
bubblegum.png
161 KB, 460x317
>>77807767
Outfits like this I have no problem with, but the majority of them just look so irritatingly "modern 20-something fashion sense".
>>
>>77801542

>Adventure Time
>nothing lasting happened

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me dozens of times and I might still be a fan of this show.
>>
>>77808476
Eh, clothing styles in AT have never really been that far out there but I see what you're getting at. They can be very generic but I'm sure the artists aren't thinking "would a 800 year old candy monarch living in the year 3000 really wear clothes like these", they just wanna dress her up in what's cute.
Macy can kind of get away with it since that's always been her shtick.

At least it adds food variety.
>>
>>77807668
Jake at least turned into a house to help Marcy kill that vampire, but this special was a missed opportunity for him to develop into not being a bitch against vampires considering the fact that they faced scarier shit before
>>
File: dont ask for source.png (70 KB, 684x567) Image search: [Google]
dont ask for source.png
70 KB, 684x567
>>
>>77808961
took me a decent amount of time to understand what I'm looking at here
>>
>>77808961
Source?
>>
>>77808994

No.
>>
>>77808961
Ok
>>
>>77801542
>that screen
literally what is wrong with all those new season holy fuck
>>
>>77807599
Well she isn't a princess anymore in that picture. She's just Bonnibel and I'm guessing when she isn't a princess she dresses rather normally.
>>
>>77808994

https://www.gurochan.ch/s/src/1448439724895.png
>>
>>77809216
Eh not into that. I expected something else.
>>
>>77801760
The point was to show that Marcy's mom is black, so Marcy is mixed race.
DUH!
I love it
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.