[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Marvel go from this.....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: 4204781-untitled-2.jpg (92 KB, 499x640) Image search: [Google]
4204781-untitled-2.jpg
92 KB, 499x640
How did Marvel go from this.....
>>
......to this?
>>
I don't get it
I don't read Marvel
>>
>>77799483
But Goldballs is a legend.
>>
>>77800179
First is Morrison's run, second pic is Bendis mememutant.
>>77800234
Can't wait for him to show up in Miles' book
>>
>>77800179
New mutants (or allegedly new mutants) who took up a lot of space in X-books used to have interesting stories and powers, like Xorn who had a star in his head that roasted away his brain and became the new vehicle for his thoughts and perceptions.

Now there's some comic relief fucker who shoots gold balls out of his body and takes up too many pages.
>>
>>77799476
You're saying this guy was good?
>>
>>77800290
He was, though.
>>
>>77800179
Well, the first drawing is cool (Quitely, not Burnham, right?) but, yeah, I'm with you, Anon. It means shit-all to me, dude.
>>
>>77800286
I was assuming that Bendis was making Goldballs lame in order to make it really surprising when he eventually either becomes a supervillain or becomes a powerful and competent superhero or something.

Then I stopped reading because literally nothing happened in this series.
>>
>>77800286
>like Xorn who was actually Magneto who was actually Xorn pretending to be Magneto who was actually Xorn's twin brother Xorn pretending to be Xorn pretending to be Magneto
Fixed.
>>
>>77803365
Yeah, Xorn is not exactly a great example of peak X-Men.
>>
>>77803365
>>77803456
He was when Morrison wrote him, before those other fucks decided they had to retcon his retcon to retcon the retconned retcon.
>>
>>77803365
God I love that flash animation

> That was actually a Magneto robot built by Factor 3
> No that was the second time you died back in the 60's
> After being possessed by Apocalypse
> No that was me
> How did I die this time?
> Well after entering the school disguised as Xorn you shot Emma, got hopped up on drugs, destroyed New York, and then we beat you up and Wolverine cut off your head. Oh and you killed Jean Grey
> She's dead again?!
> Now don't change the subject here
>>
Goldballs movie when?
>>
>>77803508
But under Morrison, Xorn wasn't a man with a star for a head that roasted away his brain and became the new vehicle for his thoughts and perceptions.

He was just Magneto playing pretend. He's not an "example of making mutants done right" as you seem to be implying because he's not even a new mutant. Just Magneto.

The only way you can consider him a new mutant is when you take the post-Morrison retcons into account, and those retcons were all shit.

Don't get me wrong, I like Xorn, but he's hardly the peak of new mutants. The only depiction of him that either wasn't invalidated by the Magneto twist or ruined by the Austen retcons was Ultimate Xorn/Zorn from Hickman's work and there he was an Eternal/Deviant, not a mutant.
>>
>>77803608
I love that he made new ones recently.
>>
File: 8HkjFrq.gif (2 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
8HkjFrq.gif
2 MB, 371x209
>>77803365
Wait, that was real?
>>
>>77799476
>>77799483
Whedon. He put them on this terrible path by turning them back into superheroes and ignoring Morrison's run, Bendis simply continued to walk it.
>>
>>77803997
Basically:
>Morrison makes the big twist of his run that Magneto was Xorn all along, resulting in Mags going full genocide mode and getting his head cut off by Wolverine
>Marvel wanted to Magneto back and also didn't want him dragged down by him going full genocide since they wanted to use him as an anti-hero
>Marvel gets the next writer to change it to Xorn pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn so that the blame is shifted on Xorn
>Fans loved Xorn and wanted him brought back too and didn't like the retcon since it made Xorn look like a piece of shit
>Austen then re-retcons the retcon to reveal that Xorn had a twin brother also named Xorn and it was the twin brother that was pretending to be Magneto so that they can have both good guy Xorn and anti-hero Magneto while having good guy Xorn's twin brother Xorn get the blame for what Xorn/Magneto did at the end of Morrison's run
Then the retcons had gotten so absurd at that point that they just killed off good guy Xorn as well to sweep the whole mess under the rug.
>>
>>77803715
>>77803608
Who? What? Where can I find that
>>
>>77804179
>Morrison makes the big twist of his run that Magneto was Xorn all along, resulting in Mags going full genocide mode and getting his head cut off by Wolverine

See, this? THIS is what makes me hate Morrison. Not his hypercrisis bullshit. Not the fact that basically all his stories boil down to "comics are great because comics". It's because the struggle between good and evil is always turned up to eleven. You'll have the protagonist's personal struggles having real meaning, but the antagonists are so fucking ultraviolent and "I AM PURE UNADULTERATED EVIL" that Ennis and Millar couldn't touch the edginess of that villain.

And you fuckers eat it up.
>>
>>77804359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL6J7FJmy1c
>>
>>77804521
To be fair, the only reason Magneto went full super-evil was because he was on drugs.
>>
>>77804179
>>77804521
The dumbest thing is that in Morrison's run there was already a plot device for when Marvel wanted Magneto back. Sublime, that's what made Magneto go crazy. He wasn't going full Silver Age, he was mind controlled by a sentient bacteria that he had unknowingly been ingesting in the form of the drug Kick. I can fathom why that was over looked and the whole Xorn shit was written
>>
>>77804702
Didn't Sublime hate mutants though, not humans?
>>
>>77804702
To be fair, Sublime a shit.
>>
>>77804702
That would mean Marvel editors read the run. They hated it man. That's why they brought Whedon on to completely ignore it.
>>
>>77799483
>hating on a Prince of Men like Goldballs

I don't understand.
>>
>>77804752
Go read it you fucking namefag. Sublime hated everyone. Survival of the fittest.
>>
>>77804818
Sublime hated Mutants more than everyone else because some of them were immune to him.
>>
>>77804777
Quesadilla was just butthurt that Morrison abounded Marvel to sign a DC exclusive without telling him he was leaving
>>
>>77803365
Still waiting for Rachel and Miles to tackle this one.
>>
>>77803705
>But under Morrison, Xorn wasn't a man with a star for a head that roasted away his brain and became the new vehicle for his thoughts and perceptions.
Doesn't matter, there was still that CONCEPT of a man with a star for a head and that was fucking metal.

Now the new mutants are gold balls. No more cool metal as fuck concepts.
>>
>>77804702
It could have been their Green Lantern: Rebirth.
>>
Xorn is a reality distortion field of parallel timelines and doppelgangers, there, solved.
>>
>>77805676
Green Lantern: Rebirth was awful so thank god it wasn't.
>>
File: wallpaper12.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper12.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Here's the perfect fucking fix for Magneto and Xorn ever

Magneto's secondary mutation is Xorn

Bam. Done. You get all of your shit and it's great too

Also here's a cool wallpaper
>>
File: Zorn cuts loose.jpg (93 KB, 416x640) Image search: [Google]
Zorn cuts loose.jpg
93 KB, 416x640
>>77799476
Zorn ftw
>>
>>77806645
Why did you post Superdemon?
>>
>>77800290

the only reason why Xorn and Cassandra Nova arent A tier or B Tier Marvel characters is that Morrison decided to kill his own creations.
>>
>>77799476
Can I post?
>>
>>77804777

No one at Marvel realized Ernst is Cassandra Nova, at least not Austen.
>>
>>77806645

the perfect fix for this situation is that Magneto was Xorn, Magneto was killed by Wolverine, and the modern Magneto is a creation of Scarlet Witch like her former kids because she was crazy at that time and her fathers death gave her a mental breakdown.
Perhaps she even created his unconsciously.

This would also explain Magneto not being her father, she would be the creator of Magneto. Th Magneto who was her father is death.
>>
>>77805570
You're ignoring some of the other new mutants

Like Kenji Uedo who could generate organics and metal out of his own body and create horrific constructs like art.

Or the new Morph who's shapeshifting is limited to somewhat imitating the people he's around, making them feel good and trust him.

Or Triage who is a healer and life force manipulator who can auto-heal himself when he's hurt, and bring the dead back to life or bring them back as zombies.
>>
People still read X-Men? Shit hasn't been good since the 70s
>>
>>77799483
Tempus was the only one of that group worth a damn.
>>
>xorn
>sublime
>necrosha
>all the retarded characterisation

Implying morrison xmen wasn't shit
>>
>>77808488
And because nobody at marvel understood nor liked the changes to the status quo

All the changes Morrison introduced where dropped faster than a burning coal, despite being praised by everyone
>>
>>77809432
I think the only one that's really lasted was Emma's diamond form.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.