[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you read Before Watchmen, /co/? What did you personally think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: ozzy.jpg (169 KB, 660x1014) Image search: [Google]
ozzy.jpg
169 KB, 660x1014
Did you read Before Watchmen, /co/? What did you personally think of it?
>>
it was a mistake
>>
>>77794829
/thread
>>
>>77794829
I'd agree. While I thought that most of the plot lines were either badly written or redundant, I could at least appreciate some of the art work, which was fantastic.
The forced Hooded Justice 'twist' and Nite Owl's attempt at romancing the Twilight Lady made me cringe hard.
>>
>>77794859
this
>ozy was just ripping off the outer limits
oh-okay.
did the writers hate watchmen?
>>
Somebody should make a parody of grimdark edgefest 90's bullshit called "After Watchmen"

The main character would be a young black kid who finds one of Rorschach's mask and sneaks into Comedian's private stash of guns. He becomes Günshot and then goes about trying to form his own quasi-retarded version of the Minute-Men called the Clock-Stoppers. Daniel and Laurie's daughter eventually takes up the mantle of Nite Spectre. Ozymandias would go full-blown crazy and plans on destroying the world so that the ends may finally justify the means or whatever
>>
>>77794859
>The forced Hooded Justice 'twist'
What did they do?
>>
>>77795917
That would be so awful it'd be hilarious.
>>
File: christianity mistake.png (130 KB, 375x399) Image search: [Google]
christianity mistake.png
130 KB, 375x399
>>77794829
SO
Who's gonna make a pic of Moore saying "Watchmen was a mistake" or something similar?
>>
>>77794791
I haven't read it but my LCS puts it among the Moore books which makes me laugh. It's like they saw the title, thought "oh yeah it's the same thing then" and just put it on the Moore shelf.
Sometimes I wonder if my LCS even cares about comics
>>
>>77796017
I think they made him a child molester and Silk Silhouette vowed to hunt him down.

Like Chris Metzen always says, if you throw in pointless twists and fuck around with established characters and settings then people will think you're a good writer.
>>
it's time to shit
>>
Everything related to Watchmen is shit. Moore says that Watchmen takes on real world problems. But the thing is that, it doesn't. It's edgy and pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>77796631
*tips*
>>
>>77794791
Never going to read it. Even if the reviews had been glowing (and they have not) then it's still a completely pointless addition to one of the most beautifully constructed and self-contained comics in history. I have no idea who decided to allow these to be made, but I hope they get papercuts all over when they try and pick up any comic from here on.
>>
Only read Minutemen and Silk Spectre and liked them. I don't think Watchmen gained anything by them, but I don't think they gained anything by the association either. The same stories with an original cast or a roster of DC characters would have worked just as well and might have gotten a better reception.
>>
>>77794791
Ozymanias was ok though only as a result if Jae Lee's art (while his art usually feels out of place, it really suited Ozymandias and the story being told).

Moloch was good though I never finished either
>>
>>77796017
>>77796183
The Hooded Justice twist is he ISN'T Rolf Muller as the Moore/Gibbons story hinted, In Before Watchmen Minutemen, you go into it assuming that HJ is Muller and assume that he is the war criminal/kidnapper/child murderer that Silhouette is tracking down. But the twist is that Rolf Muller is Hooded Justice's dad and Hooded Justice had nothing to do with the crimes.
>>
>>77795917
>Somebody should make a parody of grimdark edgefest 90's bullshit called "After Watchmen"

I nominate Azzarello to write it.
>>
File: minutemen.jpg (400 KB, 955x1906) Image search: [Google]
minutemen.jpg
400 KB, 955x1906
Read it just for based Cooke
>>
Why should I read a prequel of anything that's not by the original author?
>>
>>77797656
>Whiney scab manchild
>based
>>
File: len wein article_Page_3.jpg (381 KB, 1032x1503) Image search: [Google]
len wein article_Page_3.jpg
381 KB, 1032x1503
>>77795249
Len Wein, who wrote the BW Ozymandias where Ozy literally got the idea from "The Architects of Fear" from Outer Limits, was the editor on the original Watchmen and was upset about Moore using an ending similar to the episode's ending (because he felt Moore was far more capable of being original).

http://www.blastr.com/2013-1-29/original-watchmen-editor-gets-chance-fix-flaw-made-him-quit

By the way there's never been any confirmation about Wein quitting Watchmen because of that; that was a theory made by Rich Johnston. Someone in the comments section of Blastr brings up the real reason Wein wasn't able to edit the last issue (had to do with Wein moving to California at the time when the last issue had to be edited).
>>
File: 1235340579924.png (292 KB, 300x462) Image search: [Google]
1235340579924.png
292 KB, 300x462
>>77794791
Absolutely no desire to

>>77795917
http://watchmex.wikia.com/wiki/WatchmeX
>>
>>77797325
That to me is the greatest tragedy of Before Watchmen...

DC gathered this incredible cadre of talent together and rather than have them create what could've been the NEXT Watchmen of comics, they simply asked them to pay lip service to what had come before
>>
>>77797979
>DC gathered this incredible cadre of talent together

and J. Miachael Stracynski.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 450x338
>>77797898
W-why?
>>
>>77796194
Bitch to be you right now.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.