[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's agreed Daredevil was way better right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 20
File: jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg (940 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg
940 KB, 2000x1000
So it's agreed Daredevil was way better right?
>>
Yeah, unless you're a tumblr user who constantly posts about David Tennant.
>>
Honestly, I dunno. I'd need to go back and revisit Daredevil.

As it stands now, I think Daredevil is better, but Jessica Jones has better individual moments/Episodes.
I can't think of any episode of DD that compares to the sheer clusterfuck of "Sin Bin", for example.

There were a ton of moments in JJ that made me go "OH SHIT!", whereas the only time I can think of like that in DD was when Wesley got shot

That said, JJ's overall plot wanders a bit and you can feel the length of the episodes at times. DD was a more coherent build to a logical conclusion.
>>
>>77790134
Better, yes. Not way better.
>>
>>77790134
I like DD more but I can see where someone would prefer JJ. Both are excellent.
>>
>>77790134
Despite the fact that I enjoyed both series, they both have a tendency to meander. That said I liked JJ's cast quite a bit better than Daredevil's, and I felt that Killgrave was more threatening than Kingpin.

I feel Jessica Jones had a better season by a little bit.
>>
>>77790881
I feel the opposite. DD had way more memorable moments. The single shot fight scene alone was more memorable than most of JJ important plot twists. JJ never had that wow moment. I thought it was coming in the last episode, but I ended up pretty disappointed by the conclusion.

That said, I really think the order the shows were produced in really matters to my opinion of them. If I had seen JJ first, I'd probably rate them about equally. It was better put together, but lacked the moments of brilliance DD got.
>>
>>77790134
Better in most ways yes but still Kilgrave > Fisk.
>>
The fights were lame as shit. I understand it's more of a thriller than action, but god damn, they were bad.
>>
>>77790134
it was alright, it just had too much sex scene. Yeah your edgey stop with damn sex things and catch fucking Kilgrey
>>
Why compare them? They're as different as when both of their comics were being written by Bendis at the same time.

I like parts of both and hated parts of both.
>>
>>77790134
Eh, I feel daredevil excelled at fight scenes and cinematography. While JJ noticably slowed down midway, I felt like the story was more intense, and the villan was more intimidating.
>>
>>77790881
THANK YOU, WESLEY
>>
File: JJ WW 01.webm (581 KB, 648x720) Image search: [Google]
JJ WW 01.webm
581 KB, 648x720
>>77792301
This
>>
This shit is so bad i dropped it at episode 2 i only tried to finish it in hopes of a Murdock or Danny cameo
>shitty side characters with story literally having no effect on the plot
>aside from Ruben that didn't deserve that
>lesbian plot that didn't got resolved or helped the plot
>Jessica needing a lawyer with the lesbian helping Killgrave she wont accept her
fucking finally i literally slept half the time but this is it
>remembering nightnurse offering to call his friend
>[murdock intensifies]
>"lol jk i know how shitty you are but go better yourself by doing good Hogarth"
fucking hell wasted my time on this shit
>mfw all these praise
>mfw all these headlines being better than Daredevil
holy shit
>>
My thoughts:
>>Ritter varied from being good to bad. She kinda was just sarcastic the whole way through.
>>The guy they got as Luke Cage was awesome. I also really liked Trish's character.
>>Malcolm had a pretty nice character arc.
>>The Purple Man got dart in the neck too early. Made him less intimidating.
>>Hogarth is the worst lesbian ever.
>>They capture Purple Man 3 times and let him go three times! That's just irritating! Especially since he got himself caught the third time!
>>The character deaths seem to be shrugged off pretty quickly. I mean, one character's death should be huge, but it's largely forgotten after it happens.
>>Does anyone else feel like the final confrontation was done cheaply? I mean, the dock was obviously a stage, and it just felt rushed. I get the idea that the creators were like "Shit, we are reaching deadline and haven't thought up a finale!" I thought they were building towards Kilgrave using Trish's radio station, but they never did.
>>Nuke out of nowhere.

Daredevil was better.
>>
File: 1436671234537.jpg (22 KB, 220x320) Image search: [Google]
1436671234537.jpg
22 KB, 220x320
>>77795037
>muh powerup from sucking my fetus baby
>literally just added +5 on unit control
kek
>>
File: ops.jpg (16 KB, 543x417) Image search: [Google]
ops.jpg
16 KB, 543x417
>watching sin bin just now
>so far best episode
>mfw the last 5 or so minutes

Really? Sudden malfunction? That was the best they could come up with? I was on the JJ > Daredevil until now, but that was some inexcusable shit.
>>
>>77794655
This is /co/ anon, you can only like one thing here.
>>
Both are awful in their own unique way, let's leave it at that.
>>
>>77792458
I wouldn't have minded the sex scenes if they didn't look so hilariously PG-13.
>>
File: 1286053178475.jpg (49 KB, 338x304) Image search: [Google]
1286053178475.jpg
49 KB, 338x304
>>77795655
>Really? Sudden malfunction? That was the best they could come up with? I was on the JJ > Daredevil until now, but that was some inexcusable shit.
>>
>>77792301
This. I am 4 episodes in and the most jarring thing is how bad the fights are.

>>77792458
Also this.
>>
>>77790134
This was shit.
>>
So where is a good place to start to read JJ?
>>
Killgrave was really dumb in the last episode.

He knew that it wouldn't work on Jessica but didn't give the police officers a "If I don't call back in a couple of hours kill yourselves" command.

He didn't have any contingencies to not get killed?
Also fuck it's like there was no budget in that last episode.
>>
File: 4yoX2ba.webm (268 KB, 554x400) Image search: [Google]
4yoX2ba.webm
268 KB, 554x400
>>77796506
>>
So the villain in this series was white privilege right?
>>
>>77796746
That whole episode was disappointing. Including nuke was a mistake since Jessica ultimately did what he was trying to do, before going crazy
>>
>>77796913
Kilgrave should have told Jessica to kill Patsy. Thats what I thought he would do to prove she was in his control. And for a guy who usually has Contingencies, he literally had none KNOWING Jessica was going to try to kill him now.
>>
>>77796699
Read Alias. If you really want more read The Pulse
>>
I certainly enjoyed DD more than JJ. Not to say which one was better, but for a comic book show, the punches and costumes entertained me more.
>>
>>77794860
Is the bottom guy a dummy?
>>
>>77797362
>And for a guy who usually has Contingencies, he literally had none KNOWING Jessica was going to try to kill him now.

He might have had some but he was under the impression his commands would still work after his death.

They didn't. Everyone snaps out of his control the instant he's dead.
>>
>>77797700
Cheers mang, gonna get those and some TNA
>>
When Kilgrave got the baby juice injected into his neck and they cut away after his veins bulge and screams, I was really hoping the power up was gonna turn his skin purple. They were obviously killing him off anyway, it would have been nice to have him go full Purple Man, at least for his Final Form.
>>
>>77795711
Marvel's owned by Disney. Whaddaya gonna do?
>>
>>77790134

No. Daredevil had better fights and maybe was better shot, but Kilgrave was an amazing villain. He stayed deeply frightening and disturbing right up to the end, and forced the other characters to engage in a real chess game, instead of just punching evil harder.
>>
>>77799013
It would be unintentionally funny for normies

Hulk is green but they give it a pass because of Ferrigno.
>>
>>77790134

JJ was just too slow and too stretched out for my own tastes.
>>
A dog turd was way better than this garbage.
>>
>>77795655
No! It was that lesbian lawyer.
>>
>>77792159
>more threatening than Kingpin
No. Just no.
6'4 foot tall monster who would grind your head into a jelly if you do something to anger him >>> boring one-dimensional sociopath
>>
>>77790134
8 or 10 episodes would be great
It was way too long and focused more than they should on minor chars and subplots making it boring to watch
>>
>>77800183
Oh, please. They both fell victim to waifus.
>>
File: PURPetrator.jpg (309 KB, 1484x1953) Image search: [Google]
PURPetrator.jpg
309 KB, 1484x1953
>>77800183
>implying Kilgrave wasn't more entertaining to watch than Fisk

Good one m8.
>>
>>77800293
He wasn't. He was even blander, less threatening Mads Mikkelsen's Hannibal with mind control.
>>
DD was a better super hero show because JJ wasn't a super hero show at all.

by non superhero standards JJ was a better, more mature and challenging show. It was, ultimately, a show about addiction and mental illness. Whether you think it was handled well or not, I don't care, but that's what it was about. I had a lot of other adult content that was addressed but not in your face manner, like rape, abortion, and suicide. The super powers enabled it to show stories of these things without making them seem like there was some sort of agenda, and unlike GoT rape was very important but didn't have to be shown to make it tragic. Hell, all the adult stuff was much better than in GoT.

As a mature show JJ > DD

As a super hero show DD > JJ
>>
Friendly reminder that Claire is best gril.
>>
>>77800400
>addressed but not in your face manner
I feel sorry for Americans if that preachy unsubtle tripe is "not in your face" by their standards
>>
File: 1446576042017.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
1446576042017.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
>>77800400
>adult content that was addressed but not in your face manner, like rape

>You raped me! I had no consent! I was fully violated in every molecule of my being! Rape! Rapist! Rape!
>>
>>77800611
compare it to GoT
>>
>>77800683
What's to compare? Rape isn't important in GoT? Rape is rarely ever important; it's a bad thing that happens along with a lot of other bad things that happen. There are some stories where the rape of someone is an important event for that person, and there are stories where it isn't because there are things both more important or more terrible going on.

This is pearl-clutching disguised as moral or aesthetic rectitude, and not even well disguised at that.
>>
>>77795655
Pay attention.
>>
>>77800683
>It's more subtle than GOT because you don't see it
>Sure, GOT moves on from it and doesn't preach about it every goddamn episode, but you see it!
>Because you don't see it, it isn't in your face!
>I know how subtly works!

Here's a hint, if they stop the damn show dead just to have a character go "I have to abort this baby because every moment it's still inside me I'm being RAPED all over again!" It's not a very subtle show.

Even fucking Law and Order was more subtle.
>>
I think JJ was a bit better than Daredevil, although together they are probably the two best live action superhero shows to come out so far.

I found the attempts at witty banter in DD cringey half the time. Fisk was awesome though. That one-cut fight scene in the hallway was amazing.

As for JJ, I love the character and Ritter's performance was pretty great, if maybe a little flat at times. I definitely found myself caring more about Jessica as a character than I did about Murdock, even though I love reading both characters in the comics.

JJ had more psychological depth, DD better action.

Overall, JJ wins by a slim margin for me. I'm just glad we are finally getting some decent live action superhero shows. Can't wait to see the Punisher.

Am I the only one who thought Daredevil would be in the final episode? I was so pissed when it was just the night nurse.
>>
>>77790134
Yes, although that's not really saying anything much considering how great Daredevil was.
Daredevil: 9/10
Jessica Jones: 8/10
Both are far above the quality of any of the DC or Marvel shows on regular TV at the moment. I'd love to see what would happen if Warner Brothers tried doing a series from a similar source.
>>
>>77790134
I'd say they're about the same, really.
>>
>>77800449
Well, it is, so feel away.
>>
>>77800183

Kingpin's evil plan was gentrification. A "criminal mastermind" who couldn't even figure out how to do what is automatically happening in American cities without getting his hands dirty and paying cops to look the other way. He was in incompetent brute, so, yeah, I'd say an incompetent guy with mind control is way more threatening.
>>
>>77795655
>Really? Sudden malfunction?

you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>77803405
>incompetent guy
most of the show he wasn't though, his ego got in the way more and more as the show progressed. He was his own downfall more than Jessica was.

And I'm find with that, he usually is like that in the comics too.
>>
>>77803549

Well, yeah, my point was that given equal competence mind control is way scarier than just bing a big guy who can hurt people. But yeah, Kilgrave was more competent too.
>>
'WWJD' was a fucking amazing episode though. Like, holy shit props to Tennant and Ritter, they really nailed it.
>>
Daredevil was a more enjoyable and emotional experience that happened to have better action. Jessica Jones wasn't as good but still enjoyable. The Purple Man may have been more interesting thank King Pin but damn his oneitis Jessica was so annoying.

Also Matt>Jessica. It doesn't matter if the antagonist is handled well when the protagonist is annoying and you'd rather be watching what the other characters are up to.
>>
>>77803840
Jessica, you type very bad when you are drunk, which is always. We know you think Matt is better than you, you think almost everyone is better than you
>>
>>77800357
>implying Madds Hannibal is bad

agreed
>>
>>77794966
>lesbian plot that didn't got resolved or helped the plot
Question: Was that shit with Hogarth and her ex's old relationship supposed to be a parallel to the shit with Killgrave and Jones?
>>
>>77805604
>Takes new girl to romantically important place for old girl
>Get their girls by being able to "get what they want"
>Lose girl after the girl kills for them

Their were a couple other moments in the last third of the show that the parallels got really obvious but I can't remember them for the life of me
>>
File: 131932219856.jpg (36 KB, 188x217) Image search: [Google]
131932219856.jpg
36 KB, 188x217
Why the fuck did Hogarth suddenly turn into a retard?
>>
>>77805604
no, the lesbian divorce was ment to show the despicable but useful person Hogarth was. She is a terrible person, but just a person, not a villian. So they show how she is so dispicable and goal oriented, until Jessica says I hate you but I will use you.
>>
>>77795655
>sudden malfunction
It wasn't a malfunction, Hoggarth sabotaged it.
>>
>>77790134
Absolutely, unless you have any sort of taste whatsoever. But there's no one like that on /co/, is there?
>>
>>77805806
Bitches, right?
>>
>>77805806
Right?

>If I'm sabatoging this, then I want him to get out to do something for me
>If I do something for me, I have to accept he can actually mind control people and murder-rapes them.
>And nobody has ever been able to catch them.
>DUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better help him escape.
>No! Wait! I'm not even going to help him escape, I'm just going to make it so he can kill people. That's it, I'm not even going to hold open the door and say he got out or something!

In short, because they wrote themselves into a corner AGAIN but they couldn't end the show so they had to have her go full stupid otherwise there's no way to needlessly drag it out for a bit longer.
>>
>>77790134
DD was much better. JJ was okay for the first half with some really good spots here and there, but the last couple of episodes really just feel apart. JJ also felt much more generic at times in regards to tone. The characters(I'd say Matt was equal to Jessica with me liking Matt more based on preference, however while Killgrave was more entertaining, Fisk was a much better written character) and action in DD were overall more enjoyable, though I think JJ had a better OST. As far as story goes, DD seemed to follow a more traditional and predictable format with there being a new villain for each arc, but JJ's often dragged on at times.

I'd say DD is a 9/10 while JJ is a 7/10.
>>
>>77790134
Yes. JJ was a solid 6/10.
>>
DD was better but in mixed company you'll have to say JJ is better unless you want to be labeled sexist.
>>
File: hotline switzerland.png (3 MB, 1918x1080) Image search: [Google]
hotline switzerland.png
3 MB, 1918x1080
>>77792258
well JJs entire problem is that only JJ can resist killgrave

there are plenty of others who stand up to kingpin and succeed on many occasions, such as stick and Foggy when he takes a bat to the muscle

this entire thing felt like i couldnt go anywhere in the universe without Jessica being there, or expanding on any other characters without jessica being brought up

she was like poochie

meanwhile you learned about the gangs in fisks pockets and how he was going to run the city, Kilgrave wanted to play house with his waifu
>>
File: TennantRitterAKAJJ140415jpg.jpg (957 KB, 4896x3264) Image search: [Google]
TennantRitterAKAJJ140415jpg.jpg
957 KB, 4896x3264
Both shows were bretty gud I thought, about equal. Nice to see good stuff for Marvel tv.
>>
I enjoyed JJ more.
>>
I have absolutely disliked JJ, it's like the writers could get any way to move the plot forward other than having the character make retarded decisions.
>>
File: 580[1].gif (485 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
580[1].gif
485 KB, 500x275
>>77806663
Nice.
>>
Why is it ALWAYS the black cops who are a few years from retirement, and too old for this shit, who die? It's not fair. Clemmons was the only character I half-liked.

And that slow shot with Simmons was a real misdirect in the trailers.
>>
>>77792258
>The single shot fight scene alone was more memorable than most of JJ important plot twists
It never felt like JJ was pushed to her limit, did it? Everything that came across that bothered her, she still made it through without seeming like she was on the brink, even with Kilgrave.

Matt gets the SHIT beat out of him and has his reasoning and methodology challenged repeatedly. The only people who seem to challenge JJ are either shown in the wrong or outright meant to be antagonists.
>>
File: 1428588745340.jpg (161 KB, 572x553) Image search: [Google]
1428588745340.jpg
161 KB, 572x553
I thought JJ was better than DD simply because the secondary characters were fantastic.

I loved Luke Cage, Trish, Malcolm, hell even Hoggarth. Each character had his own interesting arc and even if the pace was slow sometimes, the story remained engaging because the characters were engaging.

In DD I remember being bored by Ben, annoyed by Foggy and Karen and Kingpin... I still don't know how to fell fell about Big/Scary/ManChild Kingpin. DD also had far better action scenes and cinematography but JJ had a tighter plot.

I prefer JJ but both series are great.

Also loved Ritter in the role.
>>
>>77790134
No, Daredevil was good, but very uneven. Anytime spent on Foggy was a waste, and I liked Foggy. His scenes just never mattered.

JJ was much more focused, but the fights weren't as good as Daredevil. Still, I'd say JJ was far and away the better show.
>>
File: nuz.png (96 KB, 360x386) Image search: [Google]
nuz.png
96 KB, 360x386
>>77809215
>but JJ had a tighter plot.
>>
>>77800400
> a better, more mature and challenging show
> lot of other adult content that was addressed but not in your face manner
As someone who didnt see it yet sounds like bullshit
>>
>>77800886
>but GoT moves on from it

I take it you haven't seen the Bolton fapfic in the last season.
>>
>>77809215
>Malcolm > Foggy
>Trish > Karen
>Hogarth > that chubster Foggy's fucking on the side
>Killgrave > Kingpin
> Luke = THE LAW
> Claire = Claire

I liked DD more, but I can't argue with you on that point, JJ's side characters were superior in almost every way.
>>
Haven't finished Jessica Jones but the last two episodes of Daredevil were total shit. Without giving too much away, does JJ end strong?
>>
>>77809074
But JJ flat out is wrong most of the time, she's a flat out flawed character that makes stupid ass decisions that people forgive because she's a victim and her heart is in the wrong place.
>>
>>77809687
If they were trying to make Jones the type of dick that's always a day late and a dollar short, they put a nice spin on it. It's not all her fault, because half the time the people she keeps around her fuck things up, but she cannot adapt to shifting sands to save her life, or anyone else's.
>>
>>77808976
Makes you wonder which The Wire cop will get killed off for Luke Cage
>>
Oh, definitely. Still good, though.
>>
>>77809683
no, It has potential to with Killgrave hitting Alias flashback levels of crazy but ultimately wastes it in an underwhelming climax that doesn't do anything interesting and looks really cheap
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 750x713) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 750x713
I found myself watching for Nuke, Luke and The Purple Man.
>>
>>77806663
kek'd
>>
>>77810173

Dominic West, but it'll be okay because he'll be a villian.

His final words will be "What the fuck did I do?
>>
>>77810262
I don't know how anyone could side with PM in this show, you could barely call a person like that a human

>>77790134
Not WAY better, JJ had a lot more interesting side characters and plots, but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>77811004
He's even worse in Alias. Just a total psychopath who only cares about stroking his own ego
>>
>>77809074
>The only people who seem to challenge JJ are either shown in the wrong or outright meant to be antagonists.

I dunno, it definitely seemed like the show wanted JJ to come across as an asshole and was aware she was, people just pity her.

>>77811004
>I don't know how anyone could side with PM in this show, you could barely call a person like that a human

PM is definitely much more sympathetic here than in the comics where he's totally unlikable. Not saying he isn't a monster in the show but they do touch on what an uncomfortable situation these kinds of powers put you in a bit.
>>
File: somewhat uncomfortable smirk.png (72 KB, 490x468) Image search: [Google]
somewhat uncomfortable smirk.png
72 KB, 490x468
>the purple lighting thing stopped extremely early
>Kilgrave was humanized so much it was hard to watch him and not laugh
>Luke Cage had two emotions: nothing and mad
>JJ didn't have a character arc so much as a character straight line
>after thirteen episodes she learned nothing
>even the incest twin fucking grew as a person
>everything really was more or less JJ's fault
>Nuke existed solely as a sequel hook
Imagine if the first season of Arrow was S3. That's how I feel about this show.
>>
>>77790134
Daredevil was way better imo, im actually rewatching it again after seeing JJ.

Kilgrave was only a good enemy because of his power, obviously. I wish they wouldve somehow kept him around for some future cameos because i liked him better than fisk. I preferred his whole "lovers whatever the fuck" to Fisks whole mongoloid man baby shtick.
>>
>>77812677
Kilgrave was also an autismal mongoloid man baby. He just happened to also be a twiggy yuro rapist. I hope this isn't going to be a trend for Marvel Netflix shows.
>>
>>77790134
Just finished watching this.

Does anyone else just feel empty?

>Hope killing herself for no reason, leaving no satisfying accomplishment after ten episodes of "we need to keep Kilgrave alive so we can free Hope!"
>Pam being charged with murder even though the evidence shows it was clearly defense of another.
>Albert getting such an unfairly shitty ending
>JJ acting foolish all the time.

There were some great moments, though. Kilgrave using the nosy neighbor as a suicide bomb and that bait-and-switch fellatio joke with the clarinet player on Trish's show.
>>
>>77812750
Just finished the finale as well. I feel like I wasted a good chunk of my week watching it

It was definitely meant to be 10 episodes, and the writers just felt like they needed to stretch it to 13

Pretty much every character in the series is unlikeable. Jess is an asshole, Luke sleepwalks through the series, Hogarth is a worse asshole, the twins are the worst characters I've ever seen. The closest to a heart the series had were Trish (look at the poor Hanna Montana stand-in, aren't you sorry about her backstory, even though every other prominent character had a worse childhood?) and Malcolm (who made the switch from junkie to voice of reason in a turn so sharp, it cut off the aspie twin's head). Compare them to Foggy, Karen or Urich. There's no reason to feel attached to ANYONE in this series.

Also, Killgrave's power is a virus. It makes sense that they could enhance it, but how the fuck did it work via TV or phone? What the shit?

I wish we got more "Jessica tries to direct Kilgrave to good" really. That alone seems like a premise to an entire series.

Also, the fight scenes were a real step down from Daredevil. It's super strength and not ninjas, yeah, but there's just too much picking up and throwing guys over and over and over.

Highlights of the show were Nuke (didn't expect that) and Cage, and Killgrave
>>
>>77795037
>Especially since he got himself caught the third time!
That's how master plans tend to work.
>>
>>77800293
He was with the way they portrayed him in those PTSD moments in the first few eps, but then he went full limey and they went into that cat and mouse dynamic with some murder on the side.

I couldn't take him seriously anymore at that point.
>>
I'm only 6 episodes in but I'm surprised Trish forgave a guy that almost killed her so quickly that she now lets him go down on her
>>
...yeah okay so let's just cut to the chase.

Where the hell is all the fucking mind control porn for this show?

Dammit Jessica Jones Netflix show you had one job. ONE JOB.
>>
>>77813164
That only makes it hotter honestly
>>
>>77813232
Sorry hypofiends, you're going to have to wait till the new Jungle Book for your next fix.
>>
I had a hard time hating Purple man.
>>
>>77813232

Not everyone is 12 like you
>>
>>77813232

http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Jessica%20Jones*s*Zebediah%20Killgrave/works
>>
>>77812984
>Also, Killgrave's power is a virus. It makes sense that they could enhance it, but how the fuck did it work via TV or phone? What the shit?

Yeah. That bothered me when the guy from X-files (who did similar things like Kilgrave, only it was cause he had psychic powers from a tumor in his brain) could also control people over the phone even though the powers should require being in the guys actual presence.

But it's consistant with the comics where Kilgrave has the same issue of pheromone mind control, but somehow it can be increased in power to outright psychic broadcasts even though that shouldn't work.
>>
>>77812750

Yeah the big issue seems to be the whole thing was pointless and nothing change or improved for anyone.

Kilgrave died, but nobody really seems happy about it and Jessica is even more of a wreck than when she started.
>>
>>77813254
I guess it kinda does. But I don't know if I could trust a guy that almost killed me that quickly, even if I knew it wasn't his fault.

> "sorry I can't let you in, I'm afraid you'll kill me like last time"
>"ok I guess I'll let you in now"
>"let's have sexytime"
>>
>>77792301
They weren't even trying with the fight scenes. Jessica and Luke should have straight-up leveled that nightclub in the next-to-last episode.
>>
>>77813475
Is that not how it works?
>>
>>77795655
Everyone who responded to you already said it, but I just wanted to hop on the "you're a dum-dum" train.

You're a dum dum.
>>
>>77813475
Well I mean, I guess he felt incredibly guilty about the fact he could've killed someone and pretty confused and upset that he wasn't in control. I guess it was on her part to believe he could be trusted.

To jump right into bed with the guy though... Idk what to say to that
>>
>>77813405
i looked at it as once Killgrave has been near you you get infected with the virus after that if you hear his voice whether it be in person or tv or phone you have to do his command
>>
>>77790134
Agree. It was good, but meandered at points and had to make characters do insanely stupid shit to keep the show going. Also the last ep had really off feeling pacing and felt anti-climactic
>>
>>77792258
Not only that single shot fight scene, but that fight against the ninja. When Daredevil gets dragged across the ground, and when the ninja lights on fire.
>>
I liked both, they both have the same overall "tone" but did different things with it. Daredevil was a bit more straightforward superhero stuff, JJ had more craziness and "oh shit" moments I think.

Also I really liked Trish. And Claire again.
>>
>>77813405
I thought they got it up to a 100 yard radius by the end, and the phone thing was just so everyone could actually hear his orders? The virus was already there, but nobody had gotten a command until his voice came over the phone.
>>
>>77813395
>Kilgrave didn't think of Jessica as a slave. He could be kind to her, when he wanted to be...

The mental gymnastics are fascinating.
>>
File: a9PGBw0_460s.jpg (28 KB, 460x613) Image search: [Google]
a9PGBw0_460s.jpg
28 KB, 460x613
There's lot's of similarities and tired old TV tropes. But where DD had earnest charm and developing story...JJ Jones shits itself early in the season and lets you smell it the whole way through.

Casting is irrelevant when the show had anti-climaxes that lasted 3+ episodes.

I know it's harsh and that JJ may have been the best they could be with the budget but it earns itself a big fat 0 because there are plenty of independent studios producing movies and webisodes with twice as much heart and talent with a fraction of the budget.

JJ doesn't get a pass just because of doctor who or a Luke Cage sex scene, it fails as TV show and doesn't live up to the comic.
>>
File: He went there.png (60 KB, 569x312) Image search: [Google]
He went there.png
60 KB, 569x312
>>77790134
I think it's better. I enjoyed Jessica Jones though. I wouldn't go crazy about Jessica Jones though...
>>
>>77810173
>>77808976
>3rd black cop dies in Luke Cage
>4th black cop in Iron Fist nearly dies every episode but survives
>>
>>77811004

Just because you watch for him doesn't mean you think he's in the right. Just means you think he's an interesting character.
>>
Which Marvel Netflix character is best and why is it Claire?
>>
>>77814424
Did any old black cops die in DD? Urich was old and black but not a cop and Fisk's dad was a cop in The Wire but not in DD (also white and not that old)
>>
>>77814515
My bad, should have been

>old black dude who could potentially help the heroes expose the villain
>>
>>77814343
there was Feminism in Jessica Jones?
>>
>>77814343
>>77814562
Why do all these white dudes love spouting this smarmy shit on Twitter
>>
>>77814343
By the way, I can totally see Steve Baxi liked that tweet. HE would, of course.
>>
>>77814562
>Malcolm
>Black Cop
>Dweeb Twin
>Papa Kilgrave

>bad or eye candy
>>
>>77814606
Total beta white knights. There's nothing more pathetic on this planet than self-race/gender hating white males.
>>
>>77814606
>2000 retweets
>likely netted a bunch of new followers
>that's more people they can market their product to
>>
>>77814562

Who the fuck thinks like that? People who think you need to be the same gender or race to relate to a character or enjoy a show are retarded. It's like this dude has no concept of empathy.
>>
>>77814562
Bad/Eye candy men
>PM is rapist and murderer
>Nuke is crazy (half the time at least)
>Evil doctor/shadowy soldiers are bad (if barely present)
>Luke is eye candy (I guess)
>Client at the beginning was a dick

Bad/Eye candy women
>Hogarth is a cunt who lets a mass murder loose
>Hogarth's ex is a vindictive shit
>Trish's mother is abusive and manipulative
>Jessica is an alcoholic and an asshole
>Bitch twin is a bitch
>That woman mad about heroes was crazy

Off the top of my head I think women are actually portrayed worse than men.

Unless all of those average and clothed men are actually eye candy
>>
>>77814827
I think part of that guys thing was that Woman are the only main characters but yeah they are all garbage except for Trish and even she has a few moments.
>>
>>77800183

Oh please, Fisk's autistic tantrums didn't do anything but make him out to be one giant sized baby. Kilgrave was at least a little bit intimidating and creepy before he got watered down.
>>
>>77814827
Yeah JJ seemed to show shitty people on both sides, y'know, like you're supposed to

Though I guess women win in the end because of perfect Trish
>>
>>77815080
Trish wasn't perfect. she was to busy getting fucked by Nuke to help Jessica.
>>
>>77815147
>implying she can't do both
>implying Nuke wasn't getting fucked by her
>>
>>77814827
Holy shit it's almost like it portrayed both genders as mixed bags fucking crazy really.
>>
Daredevils show was better than Jessicas.
Jessicas antagonist was better than Daredevils.

JJ was good for intrigue and suspense.
Daredevil was good for action and awe.
>>
>>77790134
>Kilgrave is a virus
Dropped harder than Luke Cage's african cobra into Jessica's bungalow.
>>
>>77815262
k
>>
Both shows are bad, but overall JJ annoyed me slightly less.
>>
>>77794860

Does anyone have a webm of that lame ass leg drop/knee that she performed on Luke? I had to rewind it a couple of times just to try and figure out what the fuck she did exactly.

Also I don't know if it was done on purpose but there was something "stiff" about his movements during his final action scene. Could be that it was because he was fighting like hell against the control but still, it made his movements akin to a lumbering oaf.
>>
>>77796844

She threw him so hard the shock wave had the other guy wincing.

Is this the new TDKR?
>>
>>77796913

Not so much. Nuke is around now if they want to throw him in DD.

Also remember that by the time she was ready to murder Kilgrave, Nuke had already had it up to here with her excuses and figured she was lying again.
>>
>>77814660

But they are eye candy.
>>
>>77814988
>was at least a little bit intimidating and creepy
Hell no, he wasn't. Every scene with him was awful and as non-menacing as possible.
>>
>>77790134
Daredevil was way better, but had an equally shitty final episode.
>>
>>77814827

>Luke is eye candy (I guess)

I will FIGHT you.
>>
>>77816814

Okay. I'll bite. Why did you not feel Killgrave was intimidating?
>>
>>77817067
Tennant not being able to sell being menacing or creepy for shit. His mind control being extremely tame. Tennant's shitty voice and accent.
>>
>>77817320

The Purple Man isn't a 'menacing' or 'creepy' person. He's petty and self absorbed. Honestly, he's pathetic. That's... literally the point of the character. If you can't grasp why someone that shitty having the abilities Killgrave has is scary as hell, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>77817467
But there is absolutely nothing even remotely scary about that. Boo-hoo a boring shitty villain has powers. Who cares?

Kingpin was equally as pathetic and petty and he was terrifying when a push came to shove. Killgrave was bland piece of shit with zero redeeming qualities as a character.
>>
>>77817467
I kinda agree with the other guy, the creepiest thing he ever did was peel back the wallpaper to see Jessica's name in episode 6. He had a few threatening actions but when the hero consistently failed to act rationally his "threat" was overinflated. Yes, he's terrifying...up close. Shoot him, multiple times. Knock him out, cut out his tongue. Lobotomize him. The extremes they went to to keep him alive, while in line with their characters, exceed rational boundaries, logical limits, and just pure numbers. Her justification for it is bullshit, even if it is intentional.

He was fun to watch, but not as a threat, as a character. Because Jessica sure as shit didn't sell his horrific nature when around him.

All the complaint comment threads I see go along the lines of
>Jessica was stupid
>that was in character
>her character is stupid and unlikable then
>that's the point
>so why the fuck are you surprised people didn't like it
>????
>>
>>77817554
>as a character
What character? He was one-dimensional shitty sociopath.
>>
>>77817511

...hah. Okay.
>>
>>77817565
>He was one-dimensional shitty sociopath.
You can still do one-dimensional as entertaining though. He was so far gone the leaps and bounds he made were hilarious. The nonchalance he displayed when telling someone to toss coffee in their face, the way he treated getting abducted and punched in the face as playing hard-to-get, and the completely pure "Look for my present." he gave while the entire station was holding guns on each other. His entertainment came from the juxtaposition of such horrible acts and his indifference/childlike view.

He was more compelling than "look-at-me, I'm an alcoholic rape victim whose life sucks and I make shitty snark at everything, aren't I so morose and depressing".
>>
>>77817609
Thing is, he wasn't entertaining. Maybe Tennant tried, but he failed really hard.
He wasn't memorable. He failed as a villain and a character in every possible way.
He was as bland as JJ.
>>
>>77817657
I can't agree with that much. I took what I could get when the show made it quite clear it wasn't going to be fun or entertaining.
>>
>>77817679
>entertaining
Not the word I'd use, but that's kind of my entire problem with the show.

The show felt like it was trying to be a thriller. There's a reason there's "thrill" in thriller, but the show felt so tedious most of the time.
>>
>>77817693
In order to have a thrill there needs to be a risk of some kind. When you establish your hero can shrug off bulletwounds and throw people through walls, well, you've lost most your chance at actual tension. Because mental tension is much harder to pull off, and they didn't fulfill that either.
>>
3 episodes into Daredevil, I wanted to finish it, and 3 episodes into Jessica Jones I didn't.

Take that how you will.
>>
>>77817768
Can relate. DD had me sold by episode 1, even moreso by 2, but JJ felt like it had exhausted its efforts by episode 3.
>>
>>77812984
>Pretty much every character in the series is unlikeable.

Agree. I could've ignored all faults if the characters were likable. Only Trish was though.
>>
>>77817724
>When you establish your hero can shrug off bulletwounds and throw people through walls, well, you've lost most your chance at actual tension

The tension in JJ came from Kilgrave being someone who could literally mind control you to do anything just by talking to you, before the show pulled the super lame "ha ha, she was immune the whole time" twist. The tension did break down pretty quickly as the show moved onwards, but the first few episodes builds it up well as long as Jessica was still shown suffering PTSD. Once she went full muh Hope/revenge route, that was gone, but in the very beginning it was there and it was genuinely pretty creepy, like when Jessica hallucinates/dreams Kilgrave licking her face, and you learn the little things like Hope being unable to move so she pissed herself or when she kills her parents, or when he just walks into the random apartment and sends the kids into a closet while the parents start serving him food, etc. The very concept of somebody being able to steal your freedom and agency is terrifying and they initially played it up very well. But like a lot of things, it didn't hold up for very long.
>>
My only real problem with Jessica Jones is the 'oh I'm immune to your powers now' part. Everything else was pretty good for me, but that kind of just brought down the hype a bit. Though, seeing Jessica snap Kilgrave's neck was satisfying.
>>
>>77818139
>>77818174
>pulled the super lame "ha ha, she was immune the whole time" twist
>the 'oh I'm immune to your powers now' part

I don't understand you guys, they hit you over the head with that point from the first "COME BACK HERE, JESSSICCCAAA!" flashback.

Unless you just mean the first episode.
>>
>>77818217
That's the problem. In order for him to actually be threatening to have stayed that way she needed to actually be vulnerable. Tenant wasn't bad in my opinion but there was no way to salvage the storyline when your villain isn't as effectual as you need him to be and you don't keep up with the parts that are actually terrifying. The problem is they got scared with the concept. They had an idea but they got too scared that people would find him too menacing. Which is what he needed to be but he wasn't. He was neutered and the show suffered for it.
>>
>>77791879
This.
>>
>>77818174
I realized that, at the least, Kilgrave was operating under the assumption that she was immune to him when he got her to play house. So it didn't seem like an asspull.
>>
>>77790134
I didnt like JJ was basically: Feminism against the patriarchy: The TV series.
>>
>>77818411
>she needed to actually be vulnerable
The narrative was never 'can Jessica beat Killgrave or not'. It was never framed that way. It was always 'how much suffering will Killgrave inflict on Jessica and her associates before its over?"
and that he did, a lot. That's why they had the lesbian drama, that's why they had the mind-control victims anonymous group. That's why they had Nuke.
>>
>>77790134
Yeah, slightly better.
>>
Seems like bad tumblr fan fiction
>>
>>77818217

The problem with that was that the show still pretended like there was a genuine risk of Jessica being controlled by Kilgrave. That's why you just assumed that the flashback thing was actually just Jessica momentarily breaking free after killing Mrs. Luke Cage due to the shock of murdering someone. The "LOL completely immune since then!" bit just was just lazy way to disarm Kilgrave after how invincible he had been built and made everything that took place before it feel stupid. It had no dramatic weight, like it should have been, it was a completely annoying cop out.
>>
>>77818698
And I wasn't even to the part where she was yelling about rape yet
>>
>>77799013
I nearly cheered when I saw the purple rushing through his veins. It was such a letdown when they showed him again and he was the same as before.
>>
>>77814660
>>77816514

Dweeb fetishists, papa fetishists, and whatever's involved in trying to "fix" hopeless cases.
>>
My biggest gripe so far is that I never feel like Jess and Luke are particularly powerful. I get that this show is less cape, but when you see them hit people there's no "OOMF" to it.
>>
>>77790134
I like JJ more but not by much. I hadn't expected Jones to try to actually convert Kilgrave. that's not something you see often in mainstream hero shows that need 'muh edge'.
>>
>>77819833
I honestly thought that had more to due with the fact that fighting in this show felt cheaper since they weren't asking for as many stunt doubles to react to kick flips as opposed to haymaker hooks.
>>
>>77819084
>>77818698
Tumblr didn't invent talking about rape.
>>
>>77821832
Have you told the site's userbase that? Because they act like they don't know.
>>
>>77822152
I don't go to tumblr or pay attention to it. I think some rabid anti-SJWs on this site could try doing the same.
>>
>>77818139
>before the show pulled the super lame "ha ha, she was immune the whole time" twist

That was obvious one of the first episodes. As soon as it shows the bus crash and JJ walking away from him while he yells at her she was obviously immune
>>
>>77799013
Agreed. It could have looked reasonable. It could have looked like burst capillaries under his skim (bruising). That would've been purple enough for me
>>
>>77790134
No, daredevil's shitty villain (and the series focusing on him for half the screentime) and worse final costume dragged it down.
>>
>>77823612
I agree that JJ is better but those examples are bad. Kingpin is not the villain in the show and costumes shouldn't matter so much
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.