[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many writers like to depict Batman acting tenderly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: Batman (2011-) 040-021.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Batman (2011-) 040-021.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
Why do so many writers like to depict Batman acting tenderly towards a dying Joker?

>Endgame part 6
>Killing Joke
>Arkham City

How can Bruce ignore all the personal trauma Joker's caused?
>>
Has to do with the metafixaction of him being Batman's archfoe. They see that as important so they have Bruce react accordingly. There's no real reason nor justification for it in-universe.
>>
>>77775155
I wouldn't say he was tender in Arkham City. He was just showing everyone that the menace of Joker was over.
>>
>>77775155
>Killing Joke
It's sad how many people completely reinterpret this story from loose memory.

Go read it again. Batman was trying and going to beat the ever living shit out of Joker, the Joker gave up, he wasn't dying or anything he just realized he was not physically capable of stopping Batman from putting him in a full body cast. There's a panel expressly for this.

Batman instead of indulging further pointless violence, didn't act "tenderly", he just asked
>What the fuck was even the point of all this?
And Joker decided since he had lost anyway in more ways than one and was outmatched by Batman and about to be arrested to go out with a joke. Batman was just listening and keeping him in place until the cops showed up.
The morbid analogy about them, not the trauma Joker has caused to others, just happened to be amusing is all.
>>
>>77775437
He treated the body well, cradled him like a baby, didn't drop him to the floor
>>
>>77775509
You're right, I didn't remember it well.

I still can't imagine how anyone could flick from red hot anger to slight amusement so quickly
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2362
>>77775155
Who knows half the reasons Bruce does what he does?
>>
>>77775813
I wish he just dropped his body on the police car like in the Arkham Knight prequel comic instead of tenderly placing it there.
>>
>>77775966
He's actually portrayed as kind of insane in KJ whereas everywhere else he's just evil.
>>
>>77775437
He was more upset over Joker being dead than Talia.
>>
>>77775996
>tfw your dad cares more about your murderer than he does about you
>>
The worse one is how Batman keeps dying/retiring in elseworlds shit like he's Superman

>TDKR
>Arkham Knight
>Endgame #6
>>
>>77775155
It's shit in Endgame because Bat's has no reason to be nice to Joker.
It makes more sense in Killing Joke because he wants to help Joker because just beating the shit out of him isn't going to accomplish anything.
>>
File: nicegoingjim.jpg (760 KB, 800x1215) Image search: [Google]
nicegoingjim.jpg
760 KB, 800x1215
>>77775437
kek
>>
File: CjdST4f.jpg (968 KB, 757x1180) Image search: [Google]
CjdST4f.jpg
968 KB, 757x1180
>>77776091
>implying Bruce was ever a father to Jason
>implying Bruce sees the Joker as anything other than his playmate
>implying Bruce showing concern for the Joker is something new
>>
>>77777023
WHY IS HE SO FUCKING SAD
ITS THE FUCKING JOKER
A MASS FUCKING MURDERER
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
>>
File: laughingelves.gif (243 KB, 224x175) Image search: [Google]
laughingelves.gif
243 KB, 224x175
>>77777315
>boo hoo Batman doesn't conform to my views of reality
>>
>>77777315
Excuse you but that mass murderer is also his waifu
>>
>>77776882
What was all that shit Bats was spewing at the end about Joker not leaving him?

Just taunts?
>>
>>77778542
You tell me.
>>
>>77777248
Jason is batman's son hes just to arrogant to say it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.