[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a /co/ opinion of this. It's a lego game so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Looking for a /co/ opinion of this.

It's a lego game so I know the sitch gameplay wise; is it as /co/love as Lego Marvel?
>>
is literally the same game just with DC instead of marvel and its organized in little hubs instead of being a huge sandbox like lego marvel, and just as with any lego game your enjoyment is directly proportional to how familiar you are with the characters and the lore of the franchises.
>>
File: 1436880199172.jpg (198 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
1436880199172.jpg
198 KB, 724x720
It has Superman/Wonder Woman in the opening, and thus I shall not touch it's heresy. Lois and Clark forever... and WonderBats.
>>
>>77775430
>and its organized in little hubs instead of being a huge sandbox like lego marvel
That annoyed me.
>>
It has a bunch of characters and side quests. Brainiac is annoying. Final boss is disappointing. It's OK.
>>
>>77775430
>organized in little hubs instead of being a huge sandbox like lego marvel
That kinda sucks but makes sense since DC has each hero family based in their own city unlike Marvel who has most everyone based in New York.
>>
>>77774599
Pros:
> Great, various characters with tons of personality in their models. Fucking Music Maestro's movements were hysterical.
> Great mythology gags, never thought I'd see the Lantern spectrum in a mainstream game
> Same fun multiplayer experience
> Some of the lantern levels are decent
> Pretty funny

Cons:
> Level design is really lacking compared to other games, especially Marvel
> Bunch of minihubs is alright, but not as fun as NYC in Marvel, I would have preferred to play in a huge Gotham or Metropolis
> Character abilities are really underutilized. Marvel had a decent amount of times that every character would be used, but expect to have one member of your party in a level be pretty much unused.

All in all: Characters are great, inside jokes are good, gameplay is bad compared to Marvel. I'm a DCfag so I still had fun, but it's objectively inferior I'd say. Makes me sad.
>>
>>77775430
Lego Batman 2 had everything in Gotham, I guess they didn't want to limit themselves that much again

>>77775569
>Trinityshipping

kill yourself senpai
>>
>>77775933
They could've used Metropolis or even made a free-roam city in Oa like in GL:TAS.
>>
What shocks me more is that none of the Lego Marvel gang are in Lego Dimensions.
>>
It has my favorite girl so its the best Lego game as far as i'm concerned. When she flies it plays the TV series theme, and her interactions early on with Cheetah are precious. Everyone is written like a cute and silly version of themselves.

One thing that I dont like is the environments are realistic for some reason yet the characters are lego?
>>
>>77778941
Lego Wonder Woman is a cutie
>>
>>77778941
>One thing that I dont like is the environments are realistic for some reason yet the characters are lego?
the other lego games also have that problem, idk why they thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>77778748
It's a direct competitor to Disney Infinity, you should have known they wouldn't be allowed.
>>
>>77780956
its weird, only the Lego movie video game did a full lego enviornment and it was fantastic and actually creative. but they were forced into it since the movie looked like that
>>
Not as fun/sandboxy as Lego Marvel and the story is pretty stupid. I got bored with it whereas I finished Lego Marvel.
>>
>>77782126
I like Lego Marvel too but the writing and plot is absolute trash whereas this one actually charmed me and made me laugh a few times. In terms of writing its like the developers didnt give a shit about Marvel characters but they really like DC ones.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.