[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I just got into the Star Wars universe and I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: cNz4Nsr.png (365 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
cNz4Nsr.png
365 KB, 1080x1920
Hey guys I just got into the Star Wars universe and I was wondering if the comics are worth it? Does anyone have a definite reading order? Please help.
>>
The Rebels general has links to the KOTOR series, which is alright. Viewcomic has the new Marvel comics, so you can just go there and see for yourself.

http://viewcomic.com/star-wars-v3-001-2015/
>>
>>77774417
Do you think this list covers the reading order between the canon and legends thing perfectly?
>>
>>77774212
The Darth Vader comic is pretty bitchin'
>>
>>77774834
http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/star-wars-reading-order/

This is the list
>>
>>77774901
Please don't lie to OP.
>>
>>77774417
The Rebels general has links to the current Marvel comics too you know.

I'd say all have them have been worth reading through besides the Leia and Chewbacca miniseries.
>>
>>77774834
Only the Marvel comics are canon now m8. And there really isn't a reading order. Star Wars stories take place all across the timeline but they're largely self-contained and don't affect each other. Jut find what seems cool to you and read it.
>>
>>77774995
you first
>>
File: The_Best_Blades.jpg (377 KB, 1024x1591) Image search: [Google]
The_Best_Blades.jpg
377 KB, 1024x1591
>>77774212
As long as you don't care about what's specifically canon or what isn't, the Clone Wars volumes are pretty awesome. Some other okay/good ones are Crimson Empire and Twin Engines of Destruction. Star Wars Tales is always a blast, though the stories range between "never canon" and "not canon any more because of Disney."

As for the real canon stuff there's all the books Marvel has out now. They're all pretty good except for the main Star Wars title that ranges from great (the Obi-Wan short story) to boring to "make it stop."
>>
>>77775008
Thanks a lot dude, that helped. So only the newer marvel ones are canon?
>>
>>77775034
Yeah in fact i want to read pretty much everything between the legends EU as well as the canon. Thus I was looking for a decently specific reading order. What do you think of the one I've posted before?
>>
>>77775058
>So only the newer marvel ones are canon?
Yeah. 99.9% of the EU was just thrown out the window.
>>
>>77775180
I still do want to read that though. Do you think this list covers it all?
http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/star-wars-reading-order/
>>
>>77775058
Son of Dathomir is the only non-Marvel comic that's canon.
>>
>>77775208
>Do you think this list covers it all?
Looks like it. Looks like it just covers comics though. There are also a ton of novels.
>>
>>77775098
>http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/star-wars-reading-order/
There are some books missing here but it's "complete" enough to say you've read a lot of star wars comics.
>>
>>77775098
There isn't really a specific reading order. You can pick up any book you want, and they'll usually tell you when they take place in the Star Wars universe, but if you'd really like them to be in an order, you should go by publication date.

Like, if you read the Thrawn Trilogy and then read Knights of the Old Republic, you're not going to be spoiled or miss out on something.
>>
>>77775403
Also the reading order itself isn't necessarily correct. For example they recommend reading all three Crimson Empire in a row and then Kenix Kil, even though Kenix Kil takes place before/right after Crimson Empire 2
>>
>>77775293
Yeah going to get into the novels later. I think I'm gonna read according to this list and then towards the end hit up the marvel canon arc
>>
>>77775458
If you do read the novels check out the X-wing series. It's great if you like stories about regular soldiers in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>77775403
What all do you think is missing?
>>
>>77775208
>Shadows of the Empire is non-canon now

Feels bad, man. That shit was the best when I was younger.
>>
>>77774953
why would anybody read them in chronological order? New stuff is released all over the place, you would have to go back constantly. Wouldn't it make much more sense to go by release order? After all, you don't watch the prequels first either.
>>
>>77777483
Yeah but as someone new to the franchise, going by chronological order seems the right thing to do to begin with, once I'm a bit caught up I can go according to release dates.
>>
File: darthvaderstarwars6.jpg (65 KB, 442x684) Image search: [Google]
darthvaderstarwars6.jpg
65 KB, 442x684
Hey guys, I'm wondering what's the best comics series (Marvel or not) about Darth Vader? At the moment I'm reading this ongoing Marvel comics, but sometimes it seems a bit confusing... Doesn't fit the canonical image of Vader I mean
>>
>>77781013
Try a comic called Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison and tell us what you think.
>>
>>77774212
just dont read the "legends" comics.....you'll just get heartbroken of what could have been.

better to put your head down and read "canon" books, since Disney is taking us in that direction
>>
>>77781677
Stop that.
>>
Do you guys think if I cover all the comics on the wookiepedia legends/canon pages, it covers most of them up? Anything important I'm still missing?
>>
>>77783290
That's a lot of comics to read, bruh
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.