[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black and white comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
So, I bought an e-reader. What are some good black and white comics I can acquire and enjoy in it? Don't read much manga, but suggestions are also apreciated.
>>
File: Captain_America_and_The_Falcon.jpg (63 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Captain_America_and_The_Falcon.jpg
63 KB, 400x600
>>
>>77773370
Just buy it and stop ruining the industry you fuck.
>>
File: 1423596109372.jpg (251 KB, 794x393) Image search: [Google]
1423596109372.jpg
251 KB, 794x393
Usagi Yojimbo
>>
Off the top of my head:

American Splendor
Black Hole
Bone (original non-colored version)
Cartoon Guide to/Cartoon History of
Cerebus the Aardvark
Frank
King City
Love & Rockets
Maus
Persepolis
Usagi Yojimbo
Yummy Fur
Zot
>>
>>77773370
Bone
The Tick
The Crow
TMNT
Concrete
Cerebus
Zot!
Strangers in Paradise (I'm not a fan but some people like it)
Love & Rockets
Stray Bullets
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
Corto Maltese
Flaming Carrot
>>
What are some top-notch Conan stories?
>>
>Inb4 Sin City
>>
Maus
>>
I already own a copy of Maus, but thanks.
>>77773582
I aways buy what I like, bro
>>
King City
Murder Me Dead
>>
Essex County
The Walking Dead
Punk Rock Jesus
Terry Moore's Echo
Echoes
Lone Wolf and Cub
Satellite Sam
>>
File: image.jpg (377 KB, 1601x2657) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377 KB, 1601x2657
Black hole
Dog Boy
Big Baby
Paying for it
I never liked you
Playboy
Blankets
Meow, Baby!
The Left Bank Gang
Human Diastrophism
Speak of the Devil
Sloth
Prison Pit
>>
>>77774349
>naming storylines and not the series that they appeared in
Do you even piracy?
>>
2000AD
DC's Showcase Presents series
>>
>>77774478
>Story lines

These are all the names of the entire works, if you wanna get nit picky Human Diastrophism is part of love and rockets, but honestly just searching the title plus comic should bring you what you want.
>>
>>77774712
Some of those Chester Brown comics are also just collections from Yummy Fur.
>>
>>77773370
Why would you buy that? You can just emulate the e-reader levels from smb3 now
>>
>>77773684
Seconding these
>>
File: jqwpsnlyg9udycjmms6f.jpg (76 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
jqwpsnlyg9udycjmms6f.jpg
76 KB, 620x400
>>77774206
Second for Essex County and lone wolf and cub
>>
>>77774805
Fair enough

Kinda like Jimmy Corrigan and Lint
>>
File: huntemersonladychatterley.jpg (332 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
huntemersonladychatterley.jpg
332 KB, 768x960
>>77773668
Top choices, oh knowledgeable Anon.
Won't only the Yummy Fur collections be available, though (unless he's torrenting the individual issues....something I wholeheartedly disagree with w/alternative comix. Pirate corporate stuff all day long, the sooner the Big Two disappear the better, but torrenting alt stuff is, to me, robbing the artist. Okay, off soapbox).

>>77774349
The Left Bank Gang was in colour, last time I checked. Pocket Full of Rain is b & w, though.

The first two volumes of the Jim comic by Jim Woodring are amazing, too--always preferred them to the Frank stuff--and stuff like Roy Tompkins' Trailer Trash and Robert Crumb's comics (I'd say start with The Weirdo Years collection) are greeeaaaat.
Also Joe Sacco's comic-journalism is wicked.
And, finally, the great Hunt Emerson's comix, especially his literary adaptations which he totally makes his own.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.