[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of KC Green?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 13
File: 20140103.png (374 KB, 750x1108) Image search: [Google]
20140103.png
374 KB, 750x1108
What does /co/ think of KC Green?
>>
Funny when he talks about rape
Not funny when he pretends rape isnt funny in the next steip
>>
So the joke is that the guy resents having to apologize for jokes, or is the joke that the robot resents having to talk to women?

Either way it feels really passive aggressive and unfunny
>>
Anime Club was a masterpiece, but KC's depression has spiraled out of control and he panders to the PC crowd for acceptance.

His work has gotten correspondingly worse. Graveyard Quest was awful and BACK is junk.
>>
>>77771772
>Anime Club was a masterpiece, but KC's depression has spiraled out of control and he panders to the PC crowd for acceptance.
This.

KC Green is another victim of the PJ mob on social media.

He got so much shit for an edit of one of his comics.
A fucking edit he didn't even do.

Now he's strawmanning with the best of them
>>
>>77771763
The joke is that people that make problematic jokes are so awful even machines would rather figuratively kill themselves than serve them.
>>
>>77771806
>problematic jokes
I don't throw out the term SJW so much, but if the shoe fits...
>>
>>77771772
Looks like KC got Joss Whedonned
>>
>>77771772
I sort of like BACK, but the story is really not going anywhere.
>>
>>77771777
>>
>>77771844
Sensitive Joss Whedon
>>
>>77771829
I'm not your boogeywomyn /co/, I'm just explaining the joke.
>>
>>77771872
He's agreeing with you, silly
>>
File: 1310671996285.jpg (10 KB, 297x275) Image search: [Google]
1310671996285.jpg
10 KB, 297x275
>>77771365
>Pass the buck .cmd
>.cmd
>>
File: 7lZkrhr.png (410 KB, 650x962) Image search: [Google]
7lZkrhr.png
410 KB, 650x962
I his sense of humor a lot. I miss the one-shot nonsequiter-y comics of Gunshow, but at least he' still kind of doing that sort of stuff on USGamer. Crange is alright but Back's a bit bland.

As for the social justice stuff, I don't get why people care all that much when it's bled into like less than five comics out of the hundreds that he's done.
>>
>>77771981
>>
>>77771981
>It's just a little bit of cancer, I'm sure it'll work itself out
>>
>>77772015
You need to chill
>>
>>77772061
Just saying that a little bit of a bad thing can still be a really bad thing overall.

The SJW crowd is one of the most vocal groups on social media.
Artistic types are very sensitive to social media.
>>
File: oldmangunshow_004.png (673 KB, 800x1217) Image search: [Google]
oldmangunshow_004.png
673 KB, 800x1217
>>77771981
>>77772015
Well yeah the general public agrees with SJW's being terrible and everything, but even if KC is one it doesn't really affect his work in any relevant way. Like cancer's a strong word, but even if it is it's benign and shouldn't be worried about.
>>
>>77772147
>even if KC is one it doesn't really affect his work in any relevant way
Cough
>>77771365
>>
>>77772147
i just realized this is Question Hound from comic #1

im not smart
>>
>>77772172
>>77771981

Five comics (most likely less) out of hundreds isn't really my idea of relevant.
>>
File: SJWs vs MRAs.gif (486 KB, 392x277) Image search: [Google]
SJWs vs MRAs.gif
486 KB, 392x277
>>77772105
SJWs and MRAs are stupid children that drown out any interesting debate by being loud, whiny fucks.
>>77771804
To be fair, that edit was as funny as a sore tooth.
>>
>>77772229
Is it so wrong to be concerned about the quality of future comics?
Yah, the old ones aren't going anywhere, but acting like there's nothing to worry about what so ever is a little purposefully short sighted
>>
>>77772284
>being loud, whiny fucks.
>tripfag calling the kettle black
>>
>>77772288
He's hasn't made any reference to social justice stuff in at least the last hundred or two comics he's made between the last of Gunshow, USGamer (42), He is a Good Boy(70ish), Back(However much 5 chapters worth is), and I guess Pinnochio, but that's p much just an adaptation.

Sjw stuff is at most 1% of his recent work, the chances of him suddenly spewing that shit in any considerable amount in his comics isn't very high. Especially since he's busy just telling stories nowadays when he isn't doing videogame gag comics.
>>
>>77771829
Moronic buzzwords aside, the joke really IS problematic - I can't figure out the punchline.
>>
File: Box_brown_by_KC_Green.png (269 KB, 750x873) Image search: [Google]
Box_brown_by_KC_Green.png
269 KB, 750x873
>>77772147

The socjus stuff, apart from the slightly hyperbolic comic angle, makes it a little harder to look up KC's stuff. If you want to go onto his Twitter, it's 75% depressed whining and (accounting for overlap) 35% far-left-of-center political views on how he wants equal rights for all and how he wants to shove a stick of dynamite up Donald Trump's asshole. Never meet your heroes and all that.

Instead of remaining "chronically depressed and emotionally brooding", he's now "all that but also leeched onto a liberal movement for support", which can make people second-guess if his jokes are actually jokes or political statements with reaction faces.
>>
He sure was funny before he had his sense of humor amputated.
>>
>>77772629
>he wants equal rights for all and how he wants to shove a stick of dynamite up Donald Trump's asshole
This is considered "far left of centre"?
>>
>>77772834
Welcome to the United States.
>>
>>77771772
>BACK is junk
Shit taste detected
Graveyard Quest wasn't for everyone but it's pretty enjoyable if you don't go into it looking for KC Klassic

Overall I'd love the guy if his depression didn't stop him from working on one thing for more than a month.
>>
>>77772629

I don't think you should judge a person's work by the person that they are. What's relevant is the body of work itself.

K.C. for the most part has been able to relegate his political views to solely Twitter. Like don't get me wrong going on angry political rants on social media just not a good idea. But I feel it's only a problem if you're actively looking to make a problem.

Like as a Fez fan, Fish's behaviour on social media is heartbreaking, and he's undoubtedly not a very pleasant person to talk to online, but Fez is still fucking amazing because Fish's association with SJ shit isn't relevant in the context of the game and that's really all that matters.
>>
>>77772473
As long as he keeps it low it's fine, but no one wants another Tatsuya Ishida.
>>
>>77771763
The joke's that Apology Bot would rather turn itself off than have to excuse this guy's behaviour for him.
>>
>>77772834

Talking about equality like it's the center of all ethical decision, nonstop, certainly is. There's a point where simply saying "I want everybody to be equal" comes off as token and hollow, and that's somewhere past the 50th recital.

As for Trump, regardless of political opinion, wanting to shove dynamite up people's asses isn't exactly kosher to say, especially alongside the old "If I had a gun and could kill either baby Hitler or Trump, I wouldn't even have to think about shooting Trump" scenario. That's the kind of thing I'd expect from a twelve year old, not a grown man with a presumably formulated life philosophy.
>>
Maybe he should just commit suicide instead of always talking about it.
>>
some people call themselves depressed, but they're really just really bad people. their work can be funny if you pick through all the lashing out at the world.
>>
>>77772895

Honestly, that's quite fair. At the end of the day, the work is what's important, and the person behind it shouldn't really guide discussion on their work. I'd personally prefer it if KC was a little more reserved on social media, but at the end of the day his comics made me laugh and that's more than I should ask for.

>Fish

Even as someone who played Fez and didn't like it all that much (I hate collectathons), I see the quality of Fez as a game and dissociate it from Fish's appalling social track record. It's not easy to make that dissociation, but it has to be done if one wants to actually enjoy an artistic piece on its own merit.
>>
>>77772993
Actually, I'd probably kill Trump, since the effects on the timeline would be less catastrophic.
>>
>>77773194
Only if you're assuming the timeline "ends" in the present. Who knows what it will fuck up in the future.
>>
>>77773194
Kill Trump, Marry Bernie, Fuck Hilary
>>
>>77771772
>Graveyard Quest was awful
you, you leave
>>
>>77772993
I doubt he literally wants to shove dynamite up Trump's asshole.
>>
>>77771763
The joke is that being un-PC is terrible and you're a shitlord if you've ever gotten a woman, minority, fag, tranny or anyone else that's not a cis heterosexual white male buttblasted.

Remember KC became a huge psychotic SJW and the comic went downhill accordingly.
>>
>>77771804
>He got so much shit for an edit of one of his comics.
>A fucking edit he didn't even do.
The edit was also funnier than the original.
>>
>>77771365
Used to be great. Don't give a fuck about him now.
>>
>>77771981
Even if the SJW stuff isn't explicit his actual ability to be funny nosedived as he became involved in it. He's like a guy badly imitating KC Green now.
>>
>>77772629
>all that but also leeched onto a liberal movement for support

>this kills the creator.jpg
>>
File: a user mosies into co.png (368 KB, 622x773) Image search: [Google]
a user mosies into co.png
368 KB, 622x773
>>77772288
>Yah, the old ones aren't going anywhere,

Wasn't he redoing Anime Club in his new "style" or whatever?

And god, what happened to his art? It was perfect at first, and I can understand wanting to go for a minimalist approach or whatever, but it just looks like it's devolved. It's all so flat now.
>>
File: 1445836817076.jpg (24 KB, 500x575) Image search: [Google]
1445836817076.jpg
24 KB, 500x575
>Write funny stuff for a living
>Appeal to unfunny people who are chronically buttblasted by jokes

It's like opening up a steakhouse in a fucking vegan commune
>>
Remember when the Clarence thing was going on he told the guy running the Cartoon Brew Twitter to fuck off for suggesting going to the police instead of witch hunting on Twitter?

Yeah, that's when KC lost me.
>>
>>77771365

I don't get it
How does what the man's saying equate to the robot wanting to commit suicide? If the robot is built to apologise, why doesn't it do the purpose it was designed for?
>>
>>77773457
He's working on stuff with actual storylines now, which are just fundamentally less funny than 4 panel jokes. Not gonna lie though Back's attempt at working a joke into every page has been getting pretty obnoxious.

But regardless he's still capable of pretty decent humor in his more familiar formats.
>>
>>77773618
Because there's NO APOLOGIZING FOR SEXISM.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (355 KB, 958x1871) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
355 KB, 958x1871
>>77773620
forgot pic. This is from like a month or two ago.
>>
>>77773645

That's pretty funny.
>>
>>77773645
I don't get it
>>
File: 05.gif (638 KB, 750x1664) Image search: [Google]
05.gif
638 KB, 750x1664
>>77773511

>And god, what happened to his art?

Color.

His B&W comics had a "raw" quality to them. It's not amazing, but you can see where he put effort into penciling in details and shading.

But he's a terrible Dobson-tier colorist that relies on cheap, easy digital techniques like the Paint Fill Tool. It lets him cut corners and kills detail.
>>
>>77771763
What's there not to understand?
Not even the robot would want to deal with people who can't take a joke
>>
File: 07.gif (618 KB, 750x1783) Image search: [Google]
07.gif
618 KB, 750x1783
>>77773711

That wasn't the example I meant to grab. This one is.
>>
File: jpg (1).jpg (228 KB, 958x623) Image search: [Google]
jpg (1).jpg
228 KB, 958x623
>>77773689
It's the great all American teenage boy tradition of punching your friend for looking at the circle near your crotch.
>>
>>77773618
Because even our dear robots are bluepilled.
>>
KC Green had some new ongoing comic about a depressed bug getting water for its tree, right? Something with selling his soulto the devil and whatnot.

Any idea what the webcomic is called?
>>
>>77771365
Has a few funny stories to tell, was ass raped by the PC Crowd. Had a fit when someone took his screaming robot comic and made it about rape.

>Anime Club was good
>Demon office worker was decent
>Rabbits were good to meh.
>>
>>77773645
Okay, that was hilarious.

>>77773689
I don't think the current or last generation of teens do that anymore. The idea was to get someone to look at the hand sign and then punch them.
>>
>>77771365

I haven't kept up since Gunshow or Beep Hour, but judging by the state of this thread, it looks like all I've missed out on is the decline of yet another webcromblics artist thanks to personal issues and psycho-harassing SJWs.

Which is too bad, because from what I've read and seen KC is a sweet guy, and was very funny.
>>
>>77775975
hes a good boy

its a depressed acorn, and the water plot has been resolved
>>
>>77776280
>the decline of yet another webcromblics artist thanks to personal issues and psycho-harassing SJWs.

Understatement of the year. On a personal level, I hate how bad it is to produce content for others only to get shit on by SJW or general internet crazies.
>>
File: 20090309.png (184 KB, 700x498) Image search: [Google]
20090309.png
184 KB, 700x498
>>77771365
He's a good one. Once I get the right mood I'll catch up.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.