[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There needs to be an anthology like this for Star Wars.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: p32109_d_v7_aa.jpg (168 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p32109_d_v7_aa.jpg
168 KB, 480x720
There needs to be an anthology like this for Star Wars.
>>
You mean by anime directors, though, right?

With the one western director being Genndy
>>
Star Wars already has many animated content from several chronological points.
>>
There needs to be more anthologies in general. Anthology movies are boss. They're great for animation especially.
>>
Star Wars doesn't have anything that could be done with it, since the EU is dead and buried.

and this would only be made with the new movies, making it terrible.
>>
>>77769237
>You mean by anime directors, though, right?
Yes this! It blows my mind that there has never been a Star Wars anime. Imagine a Star Wars short movie animated by Studio Mir. With all the talented artists inspired by Star Wars out there its mind boggling how ugly Rebels looks.
>>
>>77769372
has there ever been a straight up Seven Samurai homage with seven Jedi that escaped order 66 and all wound up in the same trade hub at a time of need
>>
>>77769372
>Studio Mir
That's the example you have to give of an anime studio?
>>
All of my money
>>
>>77769211
Are you 12? You realise they already did this right?
>>
File: shiyoon_kim_rey.jpg (251 KB, 911x911) Image search: [Google]
shiyoon_kim_rey.jpg
251 KB, 911x911
Could be a nice way to give us some backstory on these new characters. Maybe some stuff about Han and Luke and Leia to bridge the gap between the new movie and RotJ.

But I guess the whole point is to keep stuff like that a mystery, especially with a hack like JJ Abrams at the helm.

Also, considering Star Wars is a Disney property now, I wouldn't get your hopes up for outsourcing to anime studios. It'd more likely be handled by WDAS
>>
>>77769424
What? No they didn't. There was the Clone Wars shorts and then the CG show. Never an anthology.
>>
>>77769398
OK Studio Madhouse. Whats wrong with Mir? I know they're Korean but their work looks great.
>>
>>77769270
The new movies aren't even if so you don't even know if they're going to bad.
>>
My favourite part about the Animootrix is how the people were vivissected and crammed against a wall. Makes me hard tot his day.
>>
>>77769520
I like the robot-genocide that leads the machines to take desperate measures against the oppressive organic regime.
>>
EU isn't canon.
>>
File: Poster.jpg (279 KB, 710x1000) Image search: [Google]
Poster.jpg
279 KB, 710x1000
Star Wars directed by Koji Morimoto could be cool.
>>
>>77769261
They're especially good in universes like Matrix and Star Wars where there's a big overlying story that would break up an action movie too much, but is perfect for a short film.
>>
File: stardestroyercell.png (284 KB, 644x465) Image search: [Google]
stardestroyercell.png
284 KB, 644x465
>>77769241
It's happened
>>
>>77769383
Clone Wars had a Seven Samurai pastiche, think it even had a guy who wasn't really a Samurai.

Didn't have a lot of the things that made the movie awesome though, like Kikuchiyo's rant about peasants.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.