[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4chsn Cultural Exchange Program: Jessica Jones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: file.gif (13 KB, 150x129) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
13 KB, 150x129
Let's see what the rest of the internet thinks about Netflix's Marvel's Jessica Jones.

>http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753473&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

>jessica jones takes it up the butt from luke cage
>yeah apparently that's canon from the comic book but idk im not a child so i dont read comics i just watch netflix series based on kids comics like a grown rear end adukt

> Who the hell is Jessica Jones? Despite being a long time comic nerd i have no idea who the character is. I thought initially maybe she was she hulk but that's not it. It seems like marvel just picked a random person out for a tv series because their name has alliteration.

> It is a kind of odd idea for a show, it's like someone wanted to raise awareness of partner abuse and stalking. So they created a character people could relate to; a superheroine private detective with super strength in the marvel universe. Pretty good so far. Not as good as Daredevil, but not as preachy. Looking forward to Punisher as well. His superpower is gun.

> Did she appear in any Marvel books ever? Was she just invented for a tv series?

> Can someone specify which episode has the anal sex so I can skip everything else

Looks like JJ is getting good reviews
>>
>>77767049
>Looking forward to Punisher as well
>His superpower is gun
>>
JJ was pretty good. A better show than shield, carter, and arrow, but still doesnt compete with DD. The only things I didnt like was the fact Purple Man wasnt purple (even though they fucking teased it) and the fact he was killed off.

I was also annoyed that there wasnt a Matt Murdoch cameo. So much Lawyer shit in it, it would of been perfect.
>>
File: 1344318233502.jpg (16 KB, 136x185) Image search: [Google]
1344318233502.jpg
16 KB, 136x185
>>77767049
>Looking forward to Punisher as well. His superpower is gun.
>>
>>77768196
>Matt Murdock didn't have to calmly try to explain to his client that no, you cannot storm someone's house to get evidence, and PLEASE no, don't get someone else to do it
>Foggy, I'm rolling my eyes, right?
>>
>>77767049
>casuals still know absolute fuckall about anything
that never surprises me, but
>i can't be bothered to spend ten seconds on google and wikipedia
triggered
>>
>>77768196
>A better show than shield, carter, and arrow
I mean, that's not exactly a high bar.

I'd personally rate it as the best cape show so far; I liked it slightly more than Daredevil. #2 if you pretend that Heroes ended after the first season.
>>
>>77768270
I'd say the villain was better, and the side characters were less annoying, but daredevil was the overall better show.
>>
>>77768306
>the side characters were less annoying
>Hogarth and exwife
>Malcolm
>incest twins
>support group
>Jessica herself
>>
>>77767049
why were they so obsessed with buttfucking

>>77768265
no but they said they were longtime comic nerds
>>
>Like the punisher but with less boring backstory to get in the way
>>
>>77768413
parroting. Nothing in the scene itself indicates its anal rather than just vaginal from behind. Therefore everyone bringing up anal either read the comics (which the lack of insight demonstrates ain't the case), or they saw someone else who was familiar with the comic describing it as anal. This snowballs and makes it seem like the anal scene was some major part of the show to people only just hearing abot it, rather than twelve seconds in a half-minute PG sex scene
>>
>>77767049
>Who the hell is Jessica Jones? Despite being a long time comic nerd i have no idea who the character is. I thought initially maybe she was she hulk but that's not it
Triggered.
>>
>>77767049
>somethingawful.com
>the internet
Welcome to 2002 everybody!
>>
>>77768375
>Hogarth and exwife
werent really a huge focus
>Malcolm
wasnt annoying
>incest twins
were legitimately interesting
>support group
They didnt really show them that much
>Jessica herself
I said side characters.

Would take all of them over Karen. I know a lot of people here like Foggy but that nigga was annoying as shit. Yes I get he's the "loveable Jolly chubby bro" but it doesnt make him less annoying. Also if I hear senor Foggy one more fucking time, I will kill myself. What the fuck was the point of Elena? literally could give less of a shit about her yet they made her death a big deal for no reason.
>>
>>77768523
>Karen
I can't deny that, her Zoolander moment near the end was insufferable.
>Foggy
I can't agree with that, I can see how he'd be annoying but to me he seemed really genuine. A lot of his appeal was how well Charlie Cox could react. They seemed like genuine friends, not just friends by proxy or convenience. Foggy even inconveniences himself for the sake of doing something better for people, which leads to:
>literally could give less of a shit about her yet they made her death a big deal for no reason.
That was their client, that they swore to help, and by their advice, she died. They blamed themselves, and she was nothing but nice. One of the points of heroism is to help people, even or especially at risk or harm to yourself. They didn't want to save her because she represented something to the protags themselves, they weren't doing it to further their own career, they did it to help someone. And it bit them in the ass.

I'm not vouching for her entirely, but she was at least delegated to only a few episodes.

Daredevil's themes were heroes, bros, and power/strength and justification of crime. Jessica Jones' was awful people, jerks, and victimization/power. At the end of the day, one of those inspires and the other depresses. I'll take the selfless demon over the selfish human anyday.
>>
>>77768523
>>incest twins
>were legitimately interesting
You can tell us. This is a safe space. We're all anons here.
>>
SA sucks
>>
>>77769314
Well they are called "Something Awful"
>>
>>77769314

There's a reason why I never set foot outside of the Let's Play subforum now. And I generally only lurk there instead of posting.
>>
>>77771469
>reading the The Nofriendo Entertainment System
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.