[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clone Wars Canonicity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14
File: CloneWarslogo.jpg (24 KB, 240x311) Image search: [Google]
CloneWarslogo.jpg
24 KB, 240x311
How is this not canon?
>>
>>77765551
who said it was not canon?
>>
Didn't a massive retconning happen recently?

Anakin's #1 enemy got killed by being thrown off a cliff but she's alive in The Clone Wars

So this is non canon.
>>
>>77765663
Disney. The movies and the 3D Clone Wars are the only surviving parts of the old continuity.
>>
>>77765705
Is there anything in this that expressly conflicts with nuWarz?
>>
>>77765705
They retconned why Grevious has a cough??
>>
>>77765719
No Ahsoka
>>
>>77765551
Because Mace Windu taking on an entire droid army with his fists is stupidly impossible, even in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>77765719
It conflicts heavily with 3D Clone Wars, even though 3D Clone Wars borrowed a few characters
>>
>>77765754

This is the most aggressively anti fun statement I have ever read on the internet
>>
File: 1446762156448.jpg (601 KB, 935x3886) Image search: [Google]
1446762156448.jpg
601 KB, 935x3886
>>77765734
he always had it
>>
>>77765754

Ok. You need to step back and fuck your own face. That whole episode was amazing.

Although the ARC troopers kicked ass too.
>>
>>77765830
UNLIMITED SIZE!
>>
>>77765719
Only Grevious' cough.

Clone Wars can very easily fit with The Clone Wars.

You watch all of volume one of Clone Wars, then watch part of volume two, stop when you see Obi-Wan in the rain.
Then watch The Clone Wars until you've finished it.
Then pick up back with Obi-Wan in the rain and watch the rest of Clone Wars volume 2.

Then watch RotS and be amazed at how much not-as-bad-as-you-thought-it-was-the-first-time-around it has become.
>>
>>77765700
But she was intended to have survived that. Before the great retcon of 2014 TCW treated it's predecessor show as Canon and anakin and ventress had already met by TCW 3d series. So that fight WAS Canon until the reboot.
>>
File: 1400961347620.jpg (100 KB, 998x810) Image search: [Google]
1400961347620.jpg
100 KB, 998x810
>>77765551
Because the prequels aren't canon.
>>
I wasn't ass hurt when everything got declared non-canon but when I heard that this was non-canon EVEN THOUGH IT DIRECTLY LEADS INTO EPISODE III, I got so fuckin pissed.
>>
>>77766122
I wish I could permaban 4-ever everyone who spams chinese cartoon girls.

There, I said it.
>>
>>77766290
Yea, it really doesn't make sense. It was even written by George Lucas.
>>
it contradicts the main movies though, anakin has a flashback to being trained by liam neechan. he had died before anakin started jedi school
>>
File: captain fordo.webm (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
captain fordo.webm
1 MB, 600x338
Clone Wars and The Force Unleashed is my unmovable headcanon for episode bridging. Fuck Disney.
>>
>>77766421
It wasnt a flashback, it was a dream.
>>
>>77765551
I tried to watch the CGI Clone Wars, holy shit was that garbage. It's a shame that that's the Clone Wars that's recognized now, and not this one.
>>
>>77765754
Darth Vader pulled a fucking star destroyer out of the goddamned sky.
That shit is canon.
A cloned ancient sith lord brain fucked all of the people on an entire planet, wiping their minds and making them his personal army.
That shit is canon.
Mace windu a jedi master from the ancient days taking on a tiny shit army of robots?
Not possible.
The fuck?

>>77765551
It was so good that it was considered the only good star wars anything to come out of the prequels.
It seriously ass blasted lucas and it shamed him into going back to his roots and helping others with his star wars universe/project like he did in the beginning and retconned all of tarts stuff.
Save for the awesomeness of the clone troopers and grevious being a bad ass.
That shit stayed.
>>
>>77766776
>Darth Vader pulled a fucking star destroyer out of the goddamned sky.
>That shit is canon.
Source?

>A cloned ancient sith lord brain fucked all of the people on an entire planet, wiping their minds and making them his personal army.
>That shit is canon.
Source?
>>
Still don't see the need to make this non-canon. Great series btw.
>>
>>77765551
Because it's good. Only shit things make the cut for Star Wars.

>tfw we will never have genuinely frightening tension filled scenes again
>tfw Grievous is now some kind of comic relief

Jesus.
>>
>>77765551

I feel like, way back when, I remember that there was something from one of the creators, saying something like "we designed this show to evoke a sense like it was in-universe propaganda reels from the republic", so that while all the basic events were based on fact, the way they were portrayed was stylized and exaggerated.

So Grievous was made extra super scary, the feats of the jedi were overblown, et cetera. Stuff like with Mace Windu taking on a whole army was probably him taking on a smaller force and destroying a smaller machine, probably something still impressive but more realistic, it's just that the way the show did was upped in size and scale.
>>
>>77766776
>Mace windu a jedi master from the ancient days taking on a tiny shit army of robots?
Windu like all other Jedi of the prequel era are actually at their weakest ever.

The imbalance in the Force and the Sith shrine fucking with them on Coruscant for a millennium had weakened them quite a bit.
>>
File: image.png (362 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
image.png
362 KB, 523x592
>>77766368
Someone's angry
>>
>>77769571
Fuck you
>>
>>77766678
The show really picks up around Season 2 and 3 and later on includes some of the best Star Wars stuff period.
>>
>>77765551
For cash flow reasons
>>
TCW was made to fit in with Clone Wars before the retconning happened so I don't really care either way or the other
>>
>>77769937
This is super interesting.
>>
Wait. Genndy Tartakovsky did the designs for this show, right? Or at least he was responsible for the style, right?

So did he get money or at least credited when they took these version of the characters, turned them into 3D, and made a theatrical movie plus for seasons of half hour episode with the shit loads of merchandise?

Because if the answer is no, then poor, poor man. His series was the only reason I wanted to watch Episode III back in the day.
I don't think the designs even work that well in 3D.
>>
>>77766379
A lot of things that George was involved with were declared non-canon. Several books such as Darth Plagueis, and games like The Force Unleashed.

I'm guessing The Clone Wars only made it because it was so recent, and so heavily Lucas influenced (he pretty much came up with the plot for every episode then let the writers hash out the fine details).

But it's not surprising Lucas didn't care about any of that stuff being considered canon or not when he sold the franchise to Disney. He never concerned himself much with canon anyway.
>>
>>77770607

No, any work you do for a company while fully employed by them and based on their product belongs to them.

It's not really a "poor man' situation it's just how it works.

Plus while the CGI show is based on this they use their own designs for everything, they never used his actual animation models.
>>
I haven't started watching the 3D Clone Wars series yet, but I was wondering if the clone troopers are as badass as they are in the 2D one?
>>
>>77765551
I'll never understand the love for this show.

There wasn't a real plot. It was a string of 'badass' moments that didn't really hold up (Grievous taking on four Jedi masters at once and dodging their Force attacks. Windu and the droid army. Robots on speeders destroying heavy armor with lances). The character designs were atrocious, everyone looks like they have giraffe necks. The animation was shoddy and inconsistent (Sha'gi's corpse instant disappearing underneath Grievous. Any time mass combat was used, defenders/attackers would disappear/reappear as needed by the story).

Genndy didn't have the feel for Star Wars. It felt more like he was trying to scale up Samurai Jack to a galactic scale, ignoring why Samurai Jack worked in the first place. It worked for what it was, little five-minute commercials for RotS, but I don't get why people cling to it as the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back.
>>
File: 1357355690224.jpg (2 MB, 800x4556) Image search: [Google]
1357355690224.jpg
2 MB, 800x4556
>>77770770
Depends on the episode. In the clone-centric ones, they're all pretty awesome. Not exactly one-man armies, but that makes their moments of badassery even better when they do happen. In the most of the episodes, they're largely in the background.

This one's a bit out of date, it's missing Season 5 and 6, but it's the most recent one I have.
>>
>>77770794
>There wasn't a real plot. It was a string of 'badass' moments that didn't really hold up

It was chronicles and stories featuring the end of the war.

Also, there are just some fillers, most of them are conected, evenmore on second season.

>Robots on speeders destroying heavy armor with lances

Super high tech lances or something like this.

>The character designs were atrocious,

Fuck you.

>Grievous taking on four Jedi masters at once

Thi never happened.
>>
File: BeforeSheKillsYou.gif (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
BeforeSheKillsYou.gif
2 MB, 720x405
At least it had epic sexy neck corset.
>>
>>77766117
Treated so by fans. Lucas hated the genndy series and pretty much considered it non-canon after the prequels were done. When he decided to make TCW it was basically to completely replace this series.
>>
>>77765748
Clone War occurs when Anakin is a padawan still, nuWarz occurs after hes passed the trials
>>
>>77771022
Its funny, because it was way better than anything soely written by Lucas.

Seriously, have it being the first two prequels, just with toned down power levels and a brief explanation of Anakin origin, it would have been a classic closed to the original trilogy.
>>
>>77770936
So Shaak-Ti, Ki Adi-Mundi, K'Khruk, and Aayla Secura vs. Grievous never happened?
>>
It is
shut up
LALALALALALALALALALA
I CANT HEAR YOU
>>
>>77771045
The first episode of volume two had Anakin being knighted.
>>
>>77770836
Aside from Senate Murders, season 2 was pretty consistent with having good episodes.
>>
>>77771108
Only two of them are masters, the others are knights.
>>
>>77771128
They're all Jedi Masters on the Wookieepedia page.
>>
>>77771022
And yet TCW still assumes that the audience will be familiar with the events of CW.

-Anakin becoming a jedi knight
-Introduction of Ventress
-Introduction of Grevious

TCW never addressed any of those.
>>
>>77771128
They were also tired, after fighting a hole army and having their spaceship blowed down.

And Grievous didnt manage to kill Ki ad Mundi, Shak Ti and Ayla.

Also, the beast guy survived too, but its his thing.
>>
muh canon fags are hilarious. I don't know which are worse, Genndyfags or KOTORfags.
>>
>>77771143
When TCW started, Filoni said that they knew how popular Genndy's cartoon was and would try to be respectful of it.

Around season three or season four, he said that they were overriding it as canon.
>>
>>77765748
>>77765759
>>77765867
>>77765719
How Ventress dies alone retains this beautiful piece of work out
>>
>>77771192
*Retcons
>>
>>77766290
>but when I heard that this was non-canon EVEN THOUGH IT DIRECTLY LEADS INTO EPISODE III, I got so fuckin pissed.

What the fuck?

When something is declared non-canon do your DVDs self-destruct or something? is there a reason why you can't keep watching it after it's been declared non-canon or do you throw away anything that "doesn't count" regardless of whether or not it's actually still good?

God damn, I will never understand the autistic.
>>
>>77770680
>A lot of things that George was involved with were declared non-canon. Several books such as Darth Plagueis, and games like The Force Unleashed.

Darth Palgueis is non-canon now?
>>
>>77771319
The novel. The character isn't, but the extent to his existence is limited to his mention in the movie.
>>
>>77765700
>Anakin's #1 enemy got killed by being thrown off a cliff
Nope, she didn't die from that. We knew that when it happened as she had other stuff she was appearing in after that.
>>
>>77771331
>The novel. The character isn't, but the extent to his existence is limited to his mention in the movie.

Was there anything contradictory in the novel that warrants its exclusion, or is this just one of those "only the CG Clone Wars cartoon is canon and everything else is out, even if it still works in the continuity" situations?
>>
>>77766776
>It seriously ass blasted lucas and it shamed him into going back to his roots and helping others with his star wars universe/project like he did in the beginning and retconned all of tarts stuff.

Is this true?

How come something so simple and minimalist became so influential?

>>77769937
The's awesome. Very well though.

>>77770428
>the retconning happened

What exactly was retconned?
>>
>>77765705

The movies, the 3D Clone Wars, Rebels, and anything Star Wars made after a certain date, I think last August, is considered canon by Disney. Everything else is "Star Wars Legends."
>>
>>77771407
The only stuff that's canon is the CG shows, the movies, the new Marvel comics (plus Maul - Son of Dathomir), and all of the novels published after Disney's takeover, starting with A New Dawn.

It may fit into canon, but parts of the novel have already been retconned, such as Sheev abandoning the name his father gave him out of disgust. And that was introduced by the same writer who did Plagueis, so.

>>77771425
It isn't. The 'Lucas hated Genndy's Clone Wars, so he worked hard to destroy it' meme has been going for over a decade now. Lucas had direct oversight of Genndy's cartoon and gave his approval for everything they did. He wasn't as involved as he was in the CG show, but he could still have said 'no' whenever he wanted.
>>
File: Reversal_of_fate.png (3 MB, 1399x1146) Image search: [Google]
Reversal_of_fate.png
3 MB, 1399x1146
>>77771443
>The movies, the 3D Clone Wars, Rebels, and anything Star Wars made after a certain date, I think last August, is considered canon by Disney. Everything else is "Star Wars Legends."

So Boba Fett never escaped the Sarlaacc pit, then?

It was all worth it.
>>
>>77771192
Do you know how many cliffs the heroes fell off of only for the villains to assume they were dead and not even look for the body?

It works the other way around.

Back when CW was new and airing I never thought for a moment a fall like that would've killed Ventress.
She wasn't bound, she still had all of her limbs, she could've easily force jumped to safety at any time on the way down.

It surprised me that we didn't see her again in CW.
>>
>>77771407
Not much, outside of references to the EU which are now non-canon and a reference to The Clone Wars which was made iffy thanks to the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir graphic novel.

That contradiction being that [] in Darth Plagueis Palpatine receives Maul as a baby from a random Night Sister who is trying to hide one of her children from Mother Talzin. But in Son of Dathomir Mother Talzin states that she is Maul's mother. However it's not clear if she's speaking metaphorically (her name is MOTHER Talzin after all) or if she meant biologically. []

Darth Plagueis was sort of grandfathered in by Tarkin, in which small details from that novel were mentioned. While it's not officially canon, it does imply that the events of Darth Plagueis did happen in a broad strokes sort of way.

But to answer your question, Disney decided that rather than pick the good from the bad they'd just wipe the entire slate clean, and the stuff everyone loved about the old EU could possibly be added back in later as long as it didn't interfere with their plans. And since they don't care much for prequel era content, it's unlikely that anything from then will contradict future media, so in that sense, Plageuis is safe... In a hazy, "not really canon, but kind of is" sort of way.
>>
>>77771496

Considering we're apparently getting a Boba Fett movie in a couple of years, that may or may not be true. It could take place during that gap of time between III and IV they love to revisit or it could be post/during ROTJ and starts with him escaping. Either way, it'd be easy for them to justify not using one of the previous actors. Either he's younger or being in the Sarlaacc fucked his face up.
>>
To those with doubts, Wikipedia has a list with everything that is considered canon now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon#List_of_Star_Wars_canon
>>
>>77771555
>And since they don't care much for prequel era content,

Post-Jedi stuff got a worse deal than Prequel era stuff. At least some of the Prequel era material can survive since the storyline is moving forward and there isn't any need to worry about retconning the past anymore. But post-Jedi stuff is technically "the future" and a bigger stumbling block to storytelling, so not a scrap of that shit is going to survive.

Thrawn is gone forever. But on the bright side, so is the Clone Palpatine.
>>
>>77771590
They'd probably get away with pulling a Dredd.
>>
>>77771619

But so are Dash Rendarr and Kyle Katarn's whole stories, too.
>>
>>77771615
I know for a fact Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir is canon, and I don't see it on that list.
>>
>>77771615
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon#List_of_Star_Wars_canon

>Nothing between Empire and Jedi

Prince Xixor! No!
>>
>>77771634
But so is Darth Cadeacus and the Sun Crusher.
>>
>>77771659

So it's just a "you win some, you lose some" situation. It's a little upsetting, but since we can now safely forget some of the less desirable stuff, it's not all bad.
>>
>>77766421
>>77766586
It was a dream of a flashback of a part we didnt ser in episode 1. It was on Naboo, and hints that each planet has a "dark side" area that you go to.
>>
>>77771623
>They'd probably get away with pulling a Dredd.

The problem with that is no actor in Hollywood today is willing to play a leading role without ever showing their face. Karl Urban was a one in a million rarity.

That's why we end up with shit like the Spider-Man movies, where the actor won't wear the fucking mask so you have Spidey running around with his face showing through most of the film.

If we get a Fett movie, they'll cast a big name and they'll only wear the helmet for a couple minutes total. People can go "wah wah muh fett mystique", but the prequels already squashed the "mystique" so that cat's out of the bag.
>>
>>77771619
>Clone Palpatine
>Bad
>Everything involving Karen Traviss' Mandofapping, the entirety of the Yuzhan Vong war and its' bullshit, and that dumb plot where Han's son went evil for stupid reasons wasn't worse.

Also clone Sheev was a glorious story arc.
>>
>>77771705
>>Clone Palpatine
>>Bad

Dark Empire I was fine, even if it felt really, really stupid coming immediately after the Thrawn Trilogy (the Republic loses Corruscant BETWEEN SCENES!).

But Dark Empire II and Empire's End are shit.
>>
>>77771742
I wish I could've sat down and seen her face when she saw the Mandalorian episodes in TCW.
>>
>>77771742
>Dark Empire I was fine, even if it felt really, really stupid coming immediately after the Thrawn Trilogy (the Republic loses Corruscant BETWEEN SCENES!).

That's because Dark Empire was written without any awareness of the Thrawn Trilogy. They tacked on a reference to Thrawn in the opening scrall exposition of the first issue as a bandage, but yeah, it still didn't work.

Also, god, Clone Palpatine's schemes were so dumb compared to Thrawn's. In the Thrawn Trilogy, he's all about nuance and subterfuge. In the Dark Empire Trilogy, Clone Palpatine is all WORLD DESTROYING SUPER WEAPONS BLOW EVERYTHING UP!

Also, Luke going to the Darkside was retarded under any context or justification. "I wanted to see what it was like" was about the worst excuse possible.
>>
>>77771699
Or just get Temuera Morrison, since Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett. He already voiced Fett for the '04 Special Edition of Empire, and nobody can bitch about him showing his face and it being wrong because that's his canon face.
>>
>>77771796
>Also, god, Clone Palpatine's schemes were so dumb compared to Thrawn's.
Well yeah, remember Palpatine had Thrawn doing fuck-all in unimportant places because he was a dumb racist.
>>
>>77771647
Maybe it's considered part of The Clone Wars, that is how it's advertised
>>
>>77771864
>Or just get Temuera Morrison, since Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett. He already voiced Fett for the '04 Special Edition of Empire

He actually phoned those lines in. Literally. They recorded them over the phone from whatever country he was in, because Morrison couldn't have given less of a fuck.

I doubt he'd want to come back for another movie.
>>
>>77771864
>>77772412

Also, 2004 was 11 fucking years ago.

Morrison is probably too old and out of shape to play any incarnation of Fett again.
>>
>>77771651
Black Sun and the Faleen have been recanonized, but Xizor himself is still a grey area.
>>
>>77772523
>but Xizor himself is still a grey area.

Please. No date rape snake man. We're better off without him.
>>
>>77770984
>pupils
Into the trash it goes.
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (91 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
91 KB, 323x323
>>77771138
>taking the wook seriously
>>
>>77772621
>>taking the wook seriously

>We don't like the new official decree about canon so we're going to ignore it!

Because that's what a good information resource does.
>>
>>77770794
>It worked for what it was, little five-minute commercials for RotS, but I don't get why people cling to it as the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back.
I kind of agree.
While I admit that being able to develop story and tension in such a format is quite a fit, many episodes are actually relatively poor.
Battle happen, counter attack, separatist superweapon, jedi save the day, end, repeat.
It's nice, some episodes are great, but I still find the CGI series more interesting. Maybe it's because they simply have more time to develop things? I don't know.

I have nothing about the style or character designs though.
>>
>>77765551
Everything not contradicted by new stories is canon. Stories containing contradictions are canon other than their contradictory elements.

So sayeth Timothy Zahn, whose word is worth infinitely more than some Disney marketing faggot.
>>
>>77772523
Didn't Xizor made a cameo appearances in TPM?
>>
>>77772776
Too bad Leland Chee overrode him on this.
>>
>>77765769
I don't think you've read many statements on 4chan then man, people here are downers.
>>
>>77772801
Creator of actual great SW content > Glorified Fanboy Lucas Lackey
>>
>>77771138
Not true tho, the others are never on the list of members of the council, you can check it. Must be a mistake.
>>
>>77765838
Did I ever say I didn't enjoy it? All I said was that it didn't make sense. And it doesn't.
>>
>>77771699
>but the prequels already squashed the "mystique"

He is the clone of the best bounty hunter of the galaxy, and has an army of inferior clones based on him.

This is cool champs.
>>
>>77772911
You can be a Jedi Master without being a member of the Jedi Council.

Qui-Gon was a Master without being a Council member in the first movie. Obi-Wan was a Master in the second movie, while he only got promoted to Council member in the third.
>>
>>77765830

>HES TOO BIG TO BE LEFT ALIVE
>>
File: Boba_Fett_Unmasked_Original.jpg (906 KB, 719x1000) Image search: [Google]
Boba_Fett_Unmasked_Original.jpg
906 KB, 719x1000
>>77772945
>>but the prequels already squashed the "mystique"
>He is the clone of the best bounty hunter of the galaxy, and has an army of inferior clones based on him.

Considering that before the Prequels, THIS is what Boba Fett canonically looked like...

I'll actually side with those shitty movies on this one. Boba Fett as a wolf-man/witch doctor mask thing was fuckin stupid.
>>
>>77773019

>Wolfman Fett

Where the fuck did THAT come from? Mandalorians showed up way the fuck back in the 80s Marvel Star Wars comics and they didn't look like shitty wolfmen.

Was this look for Fett ever a serious thing before the Prequels?
>>
>>77771796
There are great books to be written about a Palpatine Clone.
Just have him be an actual clone. That is, someone with the same genetic (and maybe part of his force potential) than Palpatine but none of his experiences, history and skills.

> Some old empire higher-up reveals that the emperor is still alive and starts rebuilding the Empire.
> The republic is in distraught: it's like everything is back to zero. Every sacrifices have been done in vain.
> Heroes investigate, discover the cloning facility as a mid stroy climax and learn about a Palpatine project about transferring his mind in clones to achieve immortality.
> Luke build a grim determination: last time his father sacrificed himself to save the day, this time he's alone so it's his turn to make the ultimate sacrifice.
> Luke confronts Palpatine clone, only to discover that he's just a clone. Palpatine couldn't transfer his mind, maybe it wasn't even possible to begin with. The clone isn't a sith lord, he's just an actor with some force potential used as a tool by a clever politician.

I never understood why clone in fiction where almost always carbon copy of their original even in mind, it's like fiction authors don't know about true twins.
>>
>>77773179

Clone Palpatine wasn't a clone as in a "duplicate".

It was just a new body for Palpatine's consciousness, so it was still the original Palpatine, not some defective doppelganger or copy.

Didn't one of the later novels try to retcon Palpatine in Dark Empire as being a defective clone that went crazy ala Joruus C'Baoth? Even though that was never the case; the clone body was just a new housing for Plapatine's soul.
>>
>>77766457

>The Force Unleashed

Seriously? That shit needed to be thrown in a dumpster.
>>
File: Shaa_gi.jpg (67 KB, 344x453) Image search: [Google]
Shaa_gi.jpg
67 KB, 344x453
>>77765551
Friendly reminder of why "Tartakovsky" Clone Wars is not canon anymore.
>>
>>77771699
>not liking Jango
>not liking the only good part of the prequels
Your opinion is
S H I T
H
I
T
>>
File: Star_Wars_Bounty_Hunter_PS2.jpg (48 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Bounty_Hunter_PS2.jpg
48 KB, 353x500
>>77773333
>>not liking Jango
>>not liking the only good part of the prequels

His video game was shit and so are you.
>>
>>77773356
>games
>mattering
>>
>>77773309
Come on.
Remember TCW's "Ima-Gun Di"?

Joke names are common
>>
>>77773179
>>77773234

Clone Palpatine is shit.

Lego Star Wars had a better idea with a young badass clone of Dooku, with an arm made by the force, and that turned against the empire.
>>
>>77773434
was talking more about if The "Tartakovsky" Clone Wars was canon, so would Sha'a Gi and it be no Bueno for disney.
>>
>>77773356
That game was fucking great, you pleb.
>>
>>77772798
I've read that a toy of him was used for the crowds during the podracing but I couldn't find him.
Then again, I've read the same for the main character from Grim Fandango.
>>
>>77773149
No.
>>
>>77765705
This wasn't canon as far back as 2008. The new series explicitly contradicts it.

Basically, they weren't happy with the retro look or the way it tried to shiv anyone that didn't like it.

>>77765867
None of the prequels are really bad films. Believe me, anon, I have seen some real shit. I have seen bad films. These are not bad films, they're just so high profile that they're easy to talk about and they did disappoint a lot of people's headcanons, so a lot of people found it easy to criticise them.

But they're not bad films, and the idiots who think Plinkett's film 101 shit is worth listening to are the only ones who keep trying to maintain that fiction. Kids love them; at least as much as the older films. That's the problem though, these things are for the childrens. Too many adults around who don't want to take that step back and say "OK, it's not Citizen Kane, but neither were the original movies, maybe it's time to take all this merch I'm hoarding to the dump".
>>
>>77774751
>None of the prequels are really bad films
All that post needed is "everything that's not canon is worthless" and you'd get /swg/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>77771099
Is this a joke?
>>
>caring about canon with Star Wars of all things

Just take what you like as canon and that's that, that's the only way you can both enjoy the EU and make it sensible.
>>
>>77776015
>Just take what you like as canon and that's that, that's the only way you can both enjoy the EU and make it sensible.

I prefer Wookiepeedia logic, where everthing is canon, which means that Boba Fett got eaten by the Sarlaac Pit on 3 separate occasions.
>>
File: Star Wars Annual 001-033.jpg (629 KB, 975x1500) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Annual 001-033.jpg
629 KB, 975x1500
I never really got the concept of canon. Like, is it actually a thing writers worry about while working on their project?
>I would really like to reference story X, but I can't because it's not canon, ohh, woe is me!

from what I gather Abrams J. J. Abrams doesn't care at all about past-expanded-universe stuff, he just wants to do Star Wars movies the way he remembers for his childhood, Filoni on the other hand loves the expanded universe, so while developing Star Wars Rebels he incorporated tons of references, even though it all became non-canon when it went on air. Just look at it from a case-by-case-basis.
>>
>>77777117
Star Wars has a guy whose entire job is to keep track of every little thing that's canon. He used to go over stories and stuff before they came out to tell writers what they could and couldn't add in, or give them ideas.
>>
>>77777117
This is no different from someone writing a Superman comic and not being allowed to reference events from All-Star Superman because it's not canon.
>>
>>77777208
This is pretty common with popular franchises. Stephen King has a paid fan keep track of the canon of his books for example to avoid contradictions.
Several of the contributors to TFWiki also got to consult on the new Aligned Transformers continuity I believe.

I wish I could get paid for my autism.
>>
>>77765551
Because of what you did three years ago, that weekend in the late summer. I'm sure you know what I mean. It isn't anything to do with the TCW series, or the sins of any other Genndywars fan. It was to punish you, specifically.

And frankly? It wasn't enough. We all know what you did, you sick freak.
>>
>>77779017
>>77777208
There's also a guy at Pixar whose job it is to keep track of Cars lore. So when they decided to add "Kids can ride in Cars characters at the NASCAR experience" thing they had at Disney World, he forced them to use random background cars from the first movie because you can't have more then one Lightning McQueen.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.