[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this earlier and honestly it wasn't bad at all,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Just saw this earlier and honestly it wasn't bad at all, yet another victim of bad advertising and unwarranted Lucas hate.
>>
I disagree the musical numbers were weak and boring.
>>
It looked like a very shameful rip off of Blue Sky's Epic but with even more comic relief characters
>>
>>77763289
It was okay, I think its biggest problem is just that it's completely forgettable.
>>
>>77763289
Just curious, what does it do that Fern Gully doesn't? I remember not really caring about this because I thought it'd basically be that movie but by George Lucas.
>>
>>77764052
It was in development long before Epic which is already a ripoff of Ferngully anyway and the comic relief was much more tepid than in that movie.
>>77764134
It's not really anything like Ferngully besides being about fairies and having a love story.
>>
>>77763289
Naming it after an ELO song was a really weird decision but I guess Lucas is weird like that.
>>
>>77764052
>It looked like a very shameful rip off of Blue Sky's Epic
I don't think that is why it failed, i mean no one saw epic.
>>
>>77763289
Marketing is really the main thing that matters for the gross. And theirs sucked.
>>
>>77764052
But at least it didn't have Aziz Ansari, right?
>>
File: lucas-copy.jpg (193 KB, 1562x941) Image search: [Google]
lucas-copy.jpg
193 KB, 1562x941
>>77763289
>unwarranted Lucas hate
Go back to /swr/
>>
How good is "not bad" though? The trailer was one of the worst ones I've seen in a while.
>>
File: seriously5.jpg (310 KB, 600x1437) Image search: [Google]
seriously5.jpg
310 KB, 600x1437
>>77764958
>watching trailers
>>
>>77764958
I thought it was genuinely enjoyable if that's what your wondering.
>>
>>77763289
I have one question anon.
Does the film feature that elven chicks ass with nice tight shots?
>>
From what I heard, not only was this movie in development hell for years as Lucas worked on it on and off, it finally went into production through ILM after Rango was released to great acclaim, only for ILM to be snatched up in the Disney buyout of Lucasfilm, of which one of the stipulations was that this movie be given a wide release.

I wonder what Disney did with ILM, actually.
>>
>>77764941
>you'll never have hair that great in your 70s
>>
>>77764184
Epic was based on a kids book from the 90s called The Leafmen and the Brave Good Bugs.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.