[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show is bad. Like, I've been hoping it was going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 25
This show is bad. Like, I've been hoping it was going to get better but fuck, it's fucking bad. It's all the bad parts of The Clone Wars without the good.
>>
Yeah, its unfortunate. Clone Wars was god tier though.
>>
>>77763229
Finally someone who agrees. I just can't make a list of how awful it is. It's a painful reminder of the loss of clone wars.
>>
>>77763343
>>77763255
>>77763229

Sorry but you are wrong shit is GOAT
>>
>>77763229

I'm watching it hoping that Ezra and the others die or go to the darkside
>>
File: dave2-2-1536x864-850809344556.jpg (204 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
dave2-2-1536x864-850809344556.jpg
204 KB, 1536x864
>>77763343
I understand why they would have had to cancel TCW, and the idea of having a show bridge ROTS and ANH was cool, but the show already has too many faults.
>>
because its made for babies
>people dont die when they get shot
>just get "stunned" and writhe on the ground
>lightsaber beams are all needledicks like sissy french fencing swords
>padawan drop out that is only a part time jedi is way too competent in the force
>>
>>77763229
Maybe I could see it being the bad parts of the later seasons, but no way is it as bad as the worst of seasons 1&2.
>>
>>77763418
It's a cringy kids show with dog shit animation budget piggybacking off the success of the clone wars by adding ahsoka, rex and vader to increase ratings. The only good thing that came out of all this crap is the Kanan comic which is a lot better than kanan in the show being galaxys worst jedi.
>>
>>77763477
To be fair a Jedi using fencing style would be really effective against a Sith, and fuck you french fencing is the sport of kings.
>>
>>77763229

I hope it gets canceled soon
>>
>tfw the only thing in the new canon you really have hope for are the movies

With the exception of Lando and the earlier parts of Vader, the comics haven't been too good either.
>>
>>77763526
I can only suspend my disbelief so far, and when the blade is thinner than a blaster bolt it feels wrong to see them deflect them
>>
File: 05-Vader.png (1 MB, 1325x656) Image search: [Google]
05-Vader.png
1 MB, 1325x656
>>77763477
>>lightsaber beams are all needledicks like sissy french fencing swords
That's an homage to the original concept art.
>>
>>77763229
It's because it's the "generic" version of SWTCW.

It's literally riding off of Cartoon Networks success with it.

The animation feels very cheap. Yea Clone Wars CGI was hella expensive but it looked ridiculously good especially with the light saber battles and all the other fight scenes.
>>
>>77763613
but we didn't end up with starlord fighting dark dogster so they should make em thick like they are everywhere else
>>
>>77763613
While taking some designs from the McQuarrie concept art is cool in concept, the animation and the general artstyle just makes it look like shit. They should have gone with an artstyle more consistent with the established Clone Wars style and incorporated McQuarrie shit like how TFA is.
>>
File: ahsoka.jpg (305 KB, 1187x626) Image search: [Google]
ahsoka.jpg
305 KB, 1187x626
>>77763229

As far as I'm concerned, the entire series was fucked the moment I saw Ashoka.

I mean, seriously? People don't magically get new skulls when they age.
>>
My son watches it. But he's 4.

I don't hate it but it's nowhere near great.
>>
>>77763548
I dont want it canceled. I just want it to be good.
>>
I think it would be better if it followed the formatting of The Clone Wars. instead of resolving issues in one episode, extend them to 3 or 4. then it wouldnt feel as if it's paced too fast
>>
>>77763699
This. Why the hell are half her markings covered. And her head went from round to oblong. I refuse to believe any of Ahsoka in rebels is canon it's she's jist been shoehorned in because filoni couldn't abandon her after cw and rewrote her future to take starkillers place because he's too dark for rebels.
>>
It just needs a budget and the ability to write the dark stories they were allowed to before.
>>
the only good thing to come out of rebels is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TouCl6yp13A

I could roger roger to this shit all day
>>
File: e4yyq7abzvukytu4ygdn.png (386 KB, 800x413) Image search: [Google]
e4yyq7abzvukytu4ygdn.png
386 KB, 800x413
>>77763875
>This. Why the hell are half her markings covered.

Deliberate sabotage.

Filoni wanted to simultaneously bring back Ahsoka AND ruin her at the same time. That way we can all shift our attention to the new cast immediately.

It's a brilliant strategy really.
>>
>>77763229
You know, I just so happens to remember you making this exact same thread, word-for-word, a month ago.
>>
File: 1436037817908.jpg (42 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1436037817908.jpg
42 KB, 430x430
>>77763699
Overall design changed from TCW to Rebels you simp, look at all the character designs on the whole and tell me they didn't.
>>
>>77763229
This is exactly how I've been feeling. People keep saying its good, but its okay at best. Most of this show is shit. The animation is HORRENDOUS. I also can't get use to the unrendered look either. At least Clone Wars got better. This shit is staying stale.
>>
>>77763229
The problem is that the show has too many homosexuals in it. Now, I'm not a homophobe but this show went way overboard on having gay characters. One thing is representation and the other is just plain unrealism, and this show is too unrealistic. I mean, was it really necessary to have all the main characters be gay? What does it really add to the show? They don't even suffer discrimination from anyone or anything, if they were straight their lives would be exactly the same. The worst part is that they get a new love interest every episode, which is just silly and makes me feel like I'm watching a sitcom. The weirdest part was that season finale were they all took part in that huge orgy, I mean, if they're gay why the hell would they be in an orgy that has members of the opposite sex in it? It doesn't make sense, I'm pretty sure I saw some of the dudes making out with chicks. If you want your characters to be gay, at least be faithful to their characterization and don't flipflop around it when it most suits you. Anyway, that's just me, maybe someone else likes this show but I'm done with it, it's just not working.
>>
>>77764117
Clone Wars didn't get better till at least season three though, there was a whole lot shit before the show actually got GOAT, people seem to forget that pretty quickly when there's something new to shit on.
>>
why is the empire so bad though? the republic was a war torn shit hole overrun with pirates and scoundrels on every world. At least the empire contains the undesirables.
>>
File: ben-shapiro-zoey-tur_0.jpg (14 KB, 475x252) Image search: [Google]
ben-shapiro-zoey-tur_0.jpg
14 KB, 475x252
>>77764145
errr....what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>77763229
Yeah, I agree. I watched the first season and the premiere of season 2, and I just can't stand it. Like, I can understand why kid may enjoy it, but there are too many aspects of it that bug me.

The only thing I think Rebels does right are the antagonists. I love how they're all very compelling, threatening, and feel like good characters. Agent Kallus especially.

That was actually one thing that bugged me about TCW; most of its villains were shit.

Anyway, I'm hoping that maybe Rebels just needs some time (to me, TCW didn't get particularly good until season 3). Right now, though, I just can't stand it.

>>77763477
Aesthetically, I also can't stand the dorky-looking TIE Fighters and Star Destroyers. I just can't take them remotely seriously.

Also, Ezra's OC Donut Steel lightsaber is kinda stupid.

>>77763613
Yeah, and there's a reason they didn't go with it in the movies.

That's one thing that bothers me in some Star Wars productions, and Rebels seems to be a large part of it, is the "homages" to things like that. Doing things like that does not automatically make your production good, nor does it really matter since most people probably don't care. Homages to things like that are definitely nice, but you need to pick and choose what fits and what doesn't.
>>
File: anakinbro.webm (3 MB, 960x408) Image search: [Google]
anakinbro.webm
3 MB, 960x408
>>77764117
>This shit is staying stale.

It's staying stale because nobody gives a fuck about the time between Episode 3 and Episode 4. We all know the true heroes aren't coming until Episode 4.

TCW just had a perfect gold-mine of origin bait. And just like George Lucas' new trilogy, we hurried past it again.
>>
>>77764167
>At least the empire contains the undesirables.

Until you become the undesirable, in the show they deliberately blockaded a planet, full of humans mind you, just so they could starve and use the suffering of them to lure out the altruistic rebels. The Empire gives no fucks and will use you for whatever purpose they think your worth.
>>
>>77764242
the war on terror is an ugly one but must be fought
>>
>>77763229
It is bad. That stupid Y7 rating makes the fighting too "safe" unlike Clone Wars' PG rating. Also this show suffers from the most unsexiest female characters ever. The dyke barely even has hips to signify femininity since she hacked her hair. And the token Twi'lek? She outright has NO hips at all despite belonging to the Sex Bait species of Star Wars. Fuck this garbage. The rest of the characters are just uninteresting.
>>
File: 1448369227714.jpg (60 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1448369227714.jpg
60 KB, 500x370
>>77764370
>why isn't there more sex appeal in a children's show?
>>
>>77764242
That's actually one thing that kinda bugs me about the show, though. I mean, the Empire was never really "good" in the old canon, definitely on the evil side, but Rebels makes them out to be incredibly petty, instead of a more realistic evil.

>>77764370
The "dyke" is also, like, 14, if that.
>>
>>77764370
>focusing on the women instead of the show itself
Do people really do this?
>>
File: CRTpToaUEAAKDQY.png (86 KB, 242x189) Image search: [Google]
CRTpToaUEAAKDQY.png
86 KB, 242x189
>>77764370
>And the token Twi'lek? She outright has NO hips at all despite belonging to the Sex Bait species of Star Wars. Fuck this garbage.

She has gorgeous eyes.

But her body was just a lost opportunity. It's a shame.
>>
>>77763965
Is filoni truly evil enough to sabotage his own waifu?
>>
>>77764397
>more realistic evil
In four or five years time the Empire destroys Alderaan with the Death Star, the Empire honestly seems too nice with the Outer-Rim population.

>>77764400
If you're a waifufag, then yes.
>>
>>77764468
>In four or five years time the Empire destroys Alderaan with the Death Star, the Empire honestly seems too nice with the Outer-Rim population.

Fair point, although Alderaan was also a major hotbed of Rebel activity. And, I'd like to emphasize, I'm not some /pol/fag that thinks "the Empire was right" or anything, but they did have a strong reason for it. I think it's a bit higher than starving a backwater hick planet solely for rooting out some Rebels that MAY be there.
>>
>>77764453
Well he's a fucking hack so it doesn't matter.

The dude is basically a fucking neckbeard giving a position of power.
>>
>>77764551
During this time you see the Empire taking of it's metaphorical 'good guys veil' and start to become the Empire we know in the movies, they haven't even eliminated the senate yet, and they do need some public support, at least in the Inner rims and Core worlds.
>>
>>77764468
>the Empire honestly seems too nice with the Outer-Rim population.
The outer rim hardly matters to the Empire. Most of those planets just get occupied to be mined out and ruined so the core worlds and the war machine can thrive.
>>
I don't know if destroying alderon was that big a deal in the grand scheme of things
sure it killed millions, but it was millions in a galactic nation of quintillions
>>
>>77765047
>being a literal Fascist
>>
Ever since Disney took over and the LSG starting calling the shots in the storytelling area, it's felt like Star Wars has been plagiarising itself. Rebels has gone overboard with making it feel like the OT. Just make it feel like it takes place in the SWG and tell a unique story, the clone wars managed it a million times over but rebels constantly shadows the visuals and storytelling of the the OT but with goofier characters that wear bright colors and never change their outfits. The franchise needs to stop sucking it's own dick just to appeal to casuals and OT manchildren which is exactly why I'm greatly cautious about TFA. They need to start stepping out of the comfort zone. Stop copying the ever decreasing repertoire of mcquarrie art and grow some balls lucasfilm! We may never get a comic like Kotor or Tales again because they want to capitalise on the big characters and tell safe stories, this will get boring eventually for hardcore fans.
>>
>>77765069
>OT manchildren

Prequel fanboy detected.
>>
>>77765069
Because of the time periods both trilogies were created in, there were different aesthetics used to create them. It's very obvious that both look different and it can be jarring to go from PT to OT instantly. Rebels is there to ease in from PT to OT style, which in itself is awkward because they are so different.
>>
>>77765047
Because on that planet was innocents, they didn't know what Bail was up to, not the men dying on their deathbeds, young children playing on the streets, or the babies just being born into the world and their first breath being their last, killed just to prove a point.

These people weren't warrior or soldiers on a battlefield fighting for what they think is right, they were just a bunch of people living their lives and were killed by a Gentlemanly madman who made their queen watch it all.
>>
>>77764234
Yeah some SW fans don't know a good thing when they've got it. Years ago no one on the Internet gave a shit about clone wars and star wars in general and now sites like IGN are worshipping it. George Lucas' sequels would have been kickass. ROTS is my favorite SW up with ANH and I think he learned from his mistakes and would have done a strong story about Lukes children and the next generation of jedi,.TFA has none of this in the conventional sense which severely disappoints me. It's just trying it's best to be a reboot but shoving in luke and leias kids so it can also be a weak sequel.
>>
>>77765189
>ROTS is my favorite SW
You're fucking retarded then.
>>
>>77764156
>Season 1 TCW stomps rebels
>Each episode was a mini movie/war serial.
> Great life lessons
> Cad bane finale
> Rebels was thirteen episodes that add up to a shitty mini movie
>>
File: That's for the blow.png (51 KB, 374x354) Image search: [Google]
That's for the blow.png
51 KB, 374x354
There is honestly nothing more ridiculous than the people who either whine about children shows, or defend them.

I mean, come on. It's just a cartoon. Why are you faggots all so mad?
>>
>>77765084
I like the entire saga. But the way some people hold the OT in some godly esteem is a bit ridiculous. I actually want more stories told in the OT and ST eras as long as they're exciting and not safe and boring. Yes I like the prequels but so what. Both trilogies are bloody corny as shit and I like both warts and all. If anything I think TFA looks too edgy and modern. The core saga especially the first film of a trilogy should have a sense of humour occasionally but the more I see the more grimdark it becomes. All the leads screaming in every shot or looking downright miserable. Poes the only guy who's cracked a smile and he's been criminally under marketed even though he seems more likable than Ridley and Boyegas characters.
>>
>>77765295
Who knows, this is 4chan, where you argue about the realities of un-real worlds with the upmost importance.
>>
>>77765228
Are you fucking high?
Please, go back and watch season 1, monkey-men and all, and then tell me with a straight face that it was objectively better than the first season of Rebels.
Christ, think before you post!
>>
File: luke vs vader.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
luke vs vader.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>77765354
>Both trilogies are bloody corny as shit
>not realizing how fucking intelligently made Empire is
>using buzzwords like grimdark and edgy

I can disregard your opinion as you're clearly a neckbeard
>>
>>77765213
It's the most eventful and action packed film. But I like ANH equally. The OT goes downhill after that for me. Empires plot was meandering a lot up until the end and ROTJ spent too long with ewoks and missed its dark potential, that and Death star II which was awful. TPM and AOTC weren't as good as ROTS but they have their pulpy moments and ewan and neesons performances are high points. I'm not afraid to criticise any of the films but I still love Star Wars all the same.
>>
>>77763699
>>77763875
maybe there was a cloak shortage so she got plastic surgery to become harder to recognize
>>
>>77765484
>It's the most eventful and action packed film
So you have a short attention span?
>>
>>77764145
I think you're in the wrong thread
I WISH Rebels had more gay aliens
>>
>>77764388
It worked for Cartoon Network
And Nickelodeon
And Disney with Gravity Falls
>>
>>77765354
Oh I can appreciate the masterful filmmaking that's what I love about all the films and that has to put empire at no.1 but I was criticising the story not the filmmaking. TFA may look a bit too dark for a trilogy starter in some places but the cinematography is gorgeous. And no I'm no neckbeard just a film enthusiast, I like using the words grimdark and edgy :(
>>
>>77765189
ROTS has all the meat of the story that most people care about but I find it's technically the weakest by far. Like at that point the spark was gone and George was lazy and grumpy again and just took the easy way out in most respects. TPM is easily the most intricately crafted of the PT.

>>77765437
They are corny. Yes, Empire has the strongest writing by far, and yes, many of the scenes in the OT, Empire especially, hold a lot of weight either emotionally or philosophically. But overall they're still pretty corny compared to any real film. And why not? They're archetypal fairy tales. Corny is fine as long as the point is driven home. That's why I've always been a staunch supporter of Jedi despite the sour opinion held by many fans.
>>
>>77765594
>And Disney with Gravity Falls
Only if you're a degenerate pedophile
>>
Its got its faults, but overall I enjoy it.
Straight up adventure stories for the most part that I find lacking in modern cartoon shows.

Also, I like the idea of stormtrooper armor being somewhat useful as they don't die from a single shot; but the criticism that the show doesn't show death is totally false: we see imperials die in droves whenever ties or capital ships are taken out
>>
>>77765484
A lot of things happen in the OT and they're all meaningful and exciting but a lot more happens in ROTS. It goes all out as it was to be georges last SW film.
>>
>>77764156
The thing is Rebels hasn't gotten good and people are praising it like it is
>>
>>77765414
The monkey men arc introduced Aayla Secura, the defoliator and had a meaningful underlying message like all the other eps. I'd say even that outdoes rebels in some places. It's just my personal opinion though. Don't take it too hard anon.
>>
>>77763875
Have you ever seen what her people look like as adults? All their faces are long. Jesus, do some research.
>>
>>77763965

They also stole Ashoka's BJ lips and put it on Hera!
>>
>>77765806
Have you seen what Ahsoka looks like as an adult in TCW? That's what she should have looked like. Peoples skulls don't change shape when they age ffs. I did my research trust me.
>>
>>77765064
listen, I'm not going to say hitler literally did nothing wrong, but I mean....eh? ya know?
>>
>>77765064
>Only fascists kill millions
Stalin and Mao say high
>>
I got spoiled by the light saber battles in the prequels and TCW

I mean, light saber on spinning devices? And whatever Erza's weapon is
>>
>>77766512
>I got spoiled by the light saber battles in the prequels and TCW
Kill yourself
>>
>>77766512
Yeah, the OC Donut Steel lightsabers in Rebels are very hard to take seriously. As cool a character as the Inquisitor was, his weapon was fucking stupid.

>>77766559
Hey, anon, instead of pulling that hair trigger of yours, maybe you should realize, based on context clues, that he's using those to criticize Rebels' lightsaber fights and not the OT's?
>>
>the staple gun lightsaber
>the Xena chakram lightsaber

Jesus christ, this fucking show and it's ugly lightsabers.
>>
I love Sabine's new hair, and how the dyes mix.
>>
>>77765295
Is it whining? You can comment on whether or not a show is good.
>>
>Clone Wars died for this
>>
>>77767984
>Lucasfilm fired 500 people for this
>>
>>77768006
>1313 will never be finished for this
>>
i like rebels, its gotten me into star wars again.
>>
>>77768291
That's too bad, anon.
>>
>>77763255
I wouldn't call a show that only gets watchable 3 seasons god tier.
>>
>>77763229
But, like Clone Wars, it has jailbait, so its awfulness will be ignored and its generals will continue on into eternity.
>>
>>77763229
It's quite disappointing.
There have been some decent parts, but on the whole it's pretty damn horrible.
>>
File: Aurra skinny fingers.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Aurra skinny fingers.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>77769159
>its generals will continue on into eternity.

Maybe to the untrained eye. But any TCW-junkie should realize that yesterday's new episode thread is already dead without any replacements.

That would be unheard of in the TCW era.
>>
>>77763477
The show has many, many problems but the thin blades aren't one of them.
>>
>>77765069

>complaining about OT fanboyism

Alright, let's break it down.

>The Phantom Menace release date

>Rebels release date

You people have had 15 fucking years where 90% of the Star Wars media has been goddamn Prequel Era stuff. Outside of KOTOR media, Legacy and the post-OT books, almost everything Star Wars has been goddamn PT material.

And now we finally have major media that's OT-inspired after FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS and people are complaining about how unfair this is and Disney is ruining everything by taking only from OT-era work.

Seriously, you fucks have had over a decade of continuous material. You don't get to complain about how you're being marginalized and how unfair this is and how Disney and JJ are evil soulless hacks because they're taking inspiration from only the stuff they like.
>>
>>77769455
>>77765069
>And now we finally have major media that's OT-inspired after FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS

The time between Episode 3 and 4 is not OT-inspired, dummy.

It's still prequel.

Both of you are a special kind of retard.
>>
>>77769486

>OT inspired designs everywhere

>not clearly riffing on the OT

Sure thing anon.
>>
>>77763699
>aliens don't develop differently compared to humans as they age
>>
Disney is babying it up.

Nobody dies and rebels always wins. Rinse in repeat.

Animation is also very shit. Models are childish playdou looking and lack textures that the clone wars had.

Shitty protagonist with pseudo jedi's.

people shit on the clonewars/prequels but it was 10x better than this shit is now.
>>
>>77767600
I like watching Sabine murder people while Ezra only gets to stun despite having a lightsaber. It's like they're trying to do a "killing is bad" thing by having their kid character not take life, but Sabine gives zero fucks and wastes anything that looks at her funny.
>>
>>77769318
Its actually funny that the Rebels general is mostly discussing things that aren't Rebels at this point.
>>
>>77763668
I want star lord to fight Vader so bad now.
>>
File: 1422898820417.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1422898820417.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>77769953
>Nobody dies
>>
It always pisses me off that he looks like Aladdin
>>
I actually dropped the show in season one when that Jedi dude handed over his lightsaber to the kid with zero cautionary or safety instruction and let the kid turn the fucking thing on while pointing it directly at him. Then the kid proceeded to wave it around like a fucking fool and almost killed himself and the Jedi.

That complete disregard for safety when handing a dangerous weapon to a child is just unforgivable. It's so fucking ignorant. In real life if you take a kid to a gun range you fucking drill every single god damn safety rule into his head before even letting him get near a firearm. It's a weapon, you treat it with respect and seriousness.
>>
>>77763229
At least it's worked to undo the damage to Vader's reputation that the prequels caused.
>>
>>77771179
Obi-Wan did the same thing with Luke Skywalker.

It's not like there isn't precedent.
>>
>>77766160
>Have you seen what Ahsoka looks like as an adult in TCW?

You mean what she looked like in a fucking dream?

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>77771179
>muh gun control
Found the American
>>
>>77771244

Luke was old enough to treat it with respect. Yes he waved it around, but slowly and not in obi-wan's direction. Ezra almost fucking sliced that Jedi, enough so that the Jedi had to dodge backwards.
>>
>all this complaining about Rebels
>most of it is super vague or badly written
>a lot of it is just BAWW CLONE WARS WAS BETTER
>no criticism on its flaws and merits

I missed it when /co/ would call out Shit Wars Guy.
>>
>>77771325
Bullshit. Obi-Wan was standing a good ways away, but Luke still pointed it directly at him.

Stop making excuses. Either play your bullshit 'muh saber control' equally amongst the canon or shut up and stop whining.
>>
>>77771311

>being responsible and safety conscious
>apparently only an American thing

Why thank you.
>>
It baffles me that they continued with making a cartoon about the time between 3 and 4, when they knew a new movie was coming and could have used it to bridge the gap between 6 and 7.
It would be all too easy to make the season finale drop you right where 7 starts up, just like how the Gendy show ended.
>>
>>77771375
Too much risk of plot leakage. They want to keep the characters as much of a mystery as possible, and explaining that Rey is Luke's adoptive cousin, twice removed, would ruin the surprise for the movie.
>>
>>77771326
But there are lots of actual criticisms.

Go back to your cancerous containment thread.
>>
>>77771326
Alright, I'll jump in.

Story is nonsensical fucking shit, designed to pad time. Way too many pointless episodes and the episodes where shit happens, plot development is contrived. But whatever, story doesn't even matter half the time, right?

For a long-running TV show, characters are what's important, unfortunately the characters on this show are fucking universally terrible.

Zeb is an asshole that eventually warms up to Ezra, which is an idea so unoriginal, it is only beaten by everything else by this show. Entire relationship is retarded, Zeb is a full grown adult wrestling with a kid as if they were equals. I have no idea why they tried to make the Zeb-Ezra relationship as if they were brothers or whatever bullshit. It just looks fucking ridiculous.

Sabine is the most tryhard "cool" character since... I don't fucking know. It's really hard to top the punk, blue-hair-dye, mandalorian, teenage soldier girl. In every scene she is in, she is always above it all, completely untouchable, always with the perfect witty response, always fucking "cool". Totally fanfiction level writing.
>>
>>77772008
Twi'lek girl is the completely forgettable "nice" girl. The "heart" of the group. Y'know when Ezra isn't being the heart of the group. Overshadowed in every way, I don't even remember her name.

Kanan is the mentor character and probably one of the most bland portrayals of the archetype ever. He has none of the mystery or wisdom that Obi-Wan Kenobi or Yoda did. He is in an almost permanent state of exasperation. Tell Ezra to not do a thing? Ezra does the thing, Kanan sighs. The only reason he makes plans in the first place is so that he can wind up with a dumb look on his face when it doesn't work out. The guy is a beleaguered fucking parent, which would be kinda interesting if it was paired with anything else, but it's not. He just ends up being the guy that everyone inadvertently shits on.

And then we have special snowflake, Aladdin wannabe Ezra. A character written by people who clearly hate children. Rebellious to the point of stupidity, curious to the point of stupidity and inconsiderate to the point of fucking evil. He of course "has a good heart" and he'll go out of his way to help every poor farmer and beggar out there, but not before he gleefully fucks his team over and makes it as difficult as fucking possible for them to do what they actually need to do. He is on the constant moral high ground, Anakin would've never stood a chance against Ezra, his ground is that fucking high.

None of these characters are likable. None of them are unique or interesting. Their internal conflicts are overly simplistic and their relationship between one another is fucking soulless. There has never been a ship full of characters less like family than this one. They bond over stupid one-episode plot points that are quickly forgotten and they show their affectation for one another with pranks and daring rescues. It is disgustingly superficial.

Rebels is fucking terrible.
>>
New episode was really heartwarming with Kanan and Rex overcoming their differences and becoming friends.
>>
>>77772008
>>77772030
>being this fucking butthurt about a show for children
>implying this is even criticism
>>
>>77771375
Think of it this way: would you want to see post ROTJ stuff in the art and writing style Rebels has? I sure wouldn't.
>>
While TCW is a better show than Rebels, I'm pretty sure Rebels' first season was way better than TCW's first season
>>
>>77772030
>And then we have special snowflake, Aladdin wannabe Ezra.
Is this the exact same guy?

I feel like there's just one guy who insists Ezra is Aladdin and he never shuts the fuck up.
>>
>>77769953
>Nobody dies
Very very blatantly false
>>
>>77765189
>Years ago no one on the Internet gave a shit about star wars in general
You must be either underage or new to the internet.
>>
>>77772148
I mean, it's kinda easy to see the similarities.
>>
>>77772115
>ask for criticism
>get criticism
>"lol you're butthurt, that's not criticism"
>>
>>77772350
Easy to see? Yes, but the similarities begin and end at "long-haired orphan." That's literally it.
>>
>>77763560

This

>Read that Shattered Empire shit

Literally IDGAF about all these new characters they are introducing
>>
>>77772409
They're both cookie cutter examples of the "thief with a heart of gold" cliche.
>>
>>77772451
Your buzzwords mean nothing.
>>
>Every single Star Wars general thread here is a nonstop Filoni circlejerk and an extended masturbation session to all things TCW related
>Fringe threads, such as these, actually critique and see through Filoni's hackery and inability to create something new.
We need more fringe threads.
>>
>>77772710
TCW was pretty great, but I agree people give him too much credit. He's what happens when you give a Star Wars fanboy too much control over something. I mean, the guy thinks the prequels are just as good as the OT for fucks sake.
>>
>>77772030
>He has none of the mystery or wisdom that Obi-Wan Kenobi or Yoda did.

That's the whole point of his character, numbnuts. He never finished his training because his master was killed by the very same clones they worked with. He had to learn to survive by avoiding being a Jedi for years until Ezra came along.
>>
>>77772710
You can stop jerking yourself, Shit Wars.
>>
>>77772867
>being this paranoid
>>
>>77771311
TD is universal, you filthy sand monkey.
>>
>>77772184
You will never plan a sector wide lockdown together with qt minister ;_;
>>
>>77772451
Hand Solo is a thief with a heart of gold cliche, suddenly now it's a bad thing?
>>
File: clone wars.jpg (1 MB, 1592x2556) Image search: [Google]
clone wars.jpg
1 MB, 1592x2556
>>77772710
Hey man, you're overreacting

I like TCW and I think Filoni is a decent writer. But I'm not going to pretend it wasn't 75% garbage for 2 seasons.

I mean if the show is so god tier as everybody says, why is it pretty much considered common practice to post the episode chart for new viewers? Heck, why was there even an episode chart made? Because a lot of early episodes are crap
>>
Last episode was fantastic. I hope this show gets a bunch more seasons partly to spite some of you and because TCW also needed it to become a deeper, more interesting show.
>>
>>77773023
Pretty much this.
>>
>all these faggots from the containment thread leaking in here thinking this entire thread is trying to troll them

Could you guys be any more pathetic? People don't like the show and they're expressing it through criticism. Criticizing anything Star Wars seems to be a mortal sin to these people, unless it's from the EU. Then it's open season.
>>
>>77773118
Who are you even responding to?
>>
>>77773118
lol, I wonder what it's like to be this paranoid

and stupid
>>
>>77763699
But she looks so hot in Rebels
>>
>>77775392
She looks like Laurel from Arrow.
>>
>>77763255
Both shows suck.
>>
Is The Clone Wars passable for someone that hates most things that came from the Prequels?

Like, can i assume safely that characters, plot points, fights and shit won't be as retarded, right?
>>
>>77763229
>This show is bad. Like, I've been hoping it was going to get better but fuck, it's fucking bad. It's all the bad parts of The Clone Wars without the good.
So it's just vanilla Clone Wars?
>>
>>77771311
Found the moron who has never touched a gun in his life.
>>
>>77776349
>>77776349
>Is The Clone Wars passable for someone that hates most things that came from the Prequels?

Yes, if you're not autistic about your hate for the prequels. You seem pretty autistic about it though.
>>
>>77763699
Wait did they turn her into a pseudowhite? We should get Tumblr on this.
>>
The fuck did they do to my beautiful B-Wing? it's ruined.
>>
>>77776349
Well, bear in mind that the first season or two is really rough. They weren't set yet and were still playing it safe.

It's like Star Trek: TNG. Took about two seasons to get good, but when it got good, it got great. Ahsoka is ten times more tolerable when she ages up, since she ditches the 'snarky apprentice' schtick and starts taking things more seriously. And the rest of the writing just continues to improve.
>>
>>77776375
You're right, you a very specific strain of autism to enjoy kid's cartoons. Not the regular strain of autism that penetrated the mainstream and made everyone hate the prequels.
>>
>>77776384
>Not liking mini death star-wing
>>
>>77776391
I see. Would you people say it's safe to follow this guide >>77773001? Just to try avoid the most boring/pointless stuff
>>
File: 1268561453449.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1268561453449.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>77776463
What's with people who come onto the comics and cartoons board to berate people for liking comics and cartoons? It makes no sense.
>>
>>77776349
It's pretty much what the prequels should've been.

Just follow the guide >>77773001
>>
>>77776375
>Yes, if you're not autistic about your hate for the prequels. You seem pretty autistic about it though.

Well, if i don't enjoy something i just don't. No point hoping to watch something cool only to find a bunch of gungans fighting an army with the power or slapstick, no? Was just asking
>>
>>77776640
Yeah.
>>
>>77776727
>It's pretty much what the prequels should've been

Based on what?
>>
>>77776673
I read patrician comics and watch the occasional patrician cartoon, unfortunately there are shitters like you in every hobby, enough to inundate the status quo in most boards.
>>
>>77776780
Namely that it helps show a lot of things that the audience is told about Obi-Wan and Anakin in the OT, such as better writing to show how strong their friendship was, to their escapades as war heroes in the Clone Wars, as well as exploration of Force mysticism that is referenced by Yoda and Palpatine, and sets up teasers into the OT era fairly well.
>>
>>77776764
Maybe you could watch the show and form your own opinion. You shouldn't have to be spoonfed your cartoons.
>>
>>77776838
Well that's great and all but you do realize that literally all of that stuff was in the prequels right? The problem is the execution, not the ideas.
>>
>>77776889
I plan to, i just asked to get a slight idea of what i can expect
>>
>>77776944
Anakin had zero interaction with Yoda, the force didn't get any development barring midclohrianseses, shut the fuck up if you have no idea of what you're talking about.
>>
>>77777029
Then don't ever ask again and lesson learned. One step farther from being a shitposting waste of space.
>>
>>77777029
It's a really good show. Went for six seasons. Won Emmy's. Told compelling stories. Etc.

Just saying if you can't get past the 'hurr prequels raped my childhood' autism, you shouldn't be watching shows at all. I mean, if just the sight of a Gungan gets you fucking buttblasted...
>>
File: 1446842360772.png (8 KB, 359x291) Image search: [Google]
1446842360772.png
8 KB, 359x291
>>77776944
>how strong their friendship was, to their escapades as war heroes in the Clone Wars, as well as exploration of Force mysticism that is referenced by Yoda and Palpatine

>literally all of that stuff was in the prequels
>>
>>77777093
All bullshit aside, I am so happy that they deleted the scene where they revealed that Anakin and Obi-Wan had an entire code built around gesturing at Obi-Wan's beard.
>>
>>77777065
>Anakin had zero interaction with Yoda

Well that's just not true. Not like you said anything about Anakin and Yoda anyway.

>the force didn't get any development barring midclohrianseses

The symbiotic nature of the Force was expanded on in numerous ways, the prophecy of the Chosen One, and the very notion that the Force must be returned to balance were all introduced in the prequels.

There was a lot of shit about the Force in the PT, I really don't see how you could have missed it.

>>77777093
The movies make it pretty clear that Obi-Wan was not a good teacher to Anakin but they obviously became good friends after Anakin was knighted.

That stuff comes from the Certain Point of View scene anyway so it's to be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>77777087
>hurr prequels raped my childhood

Actually i'm from '95, the prequels were all the Star Wars i knew as a kid and i used to love them, episode 3 is to date the only one i've ever seen in a cinema. I think i never saw an OT movie until i was 16 or something
Didn't stop from me from forming a different idea of them as time went by. I think they can be entertaining, but far from good, most passable being RotS
>>
>>77777194
>but far from good

I don't think anyone would disagree with you really. The effects haven't and will not age as well as the OT's (and even some of those admittedly don't look great these days) and the very obvious flaws of George's directing and writing have been discussed to death. But the ideas are solid, all the big picture stuff is really pretty good. Nothing changed much on George's end between the OT and the PT, except he got older and lazier and people stopped challenging him. A lot of it too is just misunderstood by people or goes over their heads. That's not to say that the movies are particularly deep or anything, more that it's another glaring flaw in George's directing and writing. If you can't effectively convey your ideas and make them stick in the audience's mind your film is technically failing at it's job. But at the same time I think they provide a lot of food for thought and I don't think there's any one correct way to view a film, so I don't mind looking at them differently and I've found a lot to like about them.

But basically either you like what they add on the whole or you don't. If nothing else they provide a new way of looking at the OT from the man himself and some people like it while it some people don't. You just have to accept that people are going to have different opinions about what you like and dislike and not act like a child about it.
>>
>>77777194
I find it really interesting how, depending on when you got into the canon, people end up thinking about Star Wars as a whole.

A lot of kids these days hate the prequels because they've been told to. They also think that the original trilogy is boring, but hesitate to say as much. They think that the Force and the Sith are cool, but the Jedi are dull because 'muh emotions'. They don't really get midichlorians, but they think that they suck because they've been told that they suck.

Pretty much the same for the 90s kids. They grew up on the original trilogy and the comics and novels, and the prequels came out when they were somewhere between ten and eighteen. They think that the Force is awesome and that the Dark Side is cool, but prefer the post-ROTJ stories because the Jedi there aren't as absurdly limited as the Jedi in the prequel-era. They hate midichlorians, but found ways to work around it with ideas like "Midichlorians don't produce the force, they help channel it". Still, for them, they attach Star Wars to the massive spectacle of the prequels and the grand scale of the games.

And then you have the folks who saw the original trilogy in theaters. They have vastly different ideas of how the Force should work and the way Jedi were. Talking to some of the old fans is really interesting, because they had this idea that the Jedi were more like Knights Errant than monks. They think of Jedi and they think of cowboys with psychic powers and laser swords, solving problems before riding off into the sunset. To them, they grew up in the midst of a fantasy boom, so the Force is always more mystical. Unlike the later generations, they think that the Force has limits. One group I knew that made their own RPG in the 70s said that Starkiller couldn't have pulled down the Star Destroyer because he wasn't anchored, that he'd go flying off into space according to their rules. This was the era that said that lightsabers would change color depending on the wielder.
>>
>>77777194
Then yes, you should check out Clone Wars.

It has a slow start in my opinion. Season 1 I don't think is that fresh, but it really gets going midway through season 2.
>>
>>77777176
For the record, >>77777065
wasn't
>>77776838
And I disagree, the prequels seemed to lack really giving Anakin and Obi-Wan a strong friendship. We saw them joking with each other a couple of times, but the rest of it seemed to be either ambivalence and frustration. Don't get me wrong, friends definitely bicker, but they seemed to do that more in the prequels than "hanging out," so to speak.

And TCW really delves into the mysteries of the Force than the prequels did. Straight-up borderline magic at times. You kinda have to watch to understand the disparity between TCW's portrayal of the depth of the Force and the prequels'.

I probably should've said that TCW more greatly emphasizes a lot of elements that the prequels reference as well, but don't really focus on much.
>>
>>77763699
Couldn't they literally just copy the model of Future Ahsoka from the Chosen One arc?
>>
>>77777716
Art style was too different. That model was also made when they had a higher budget.

A model from the era when they had a million dollars an episode wouldn't fly with Rebels.
>>
>>77777665
Obi and Ani were pretty tight in ROTS though. Really they just have a troubled master-student relationship (stemming from the events of The Phantom Menace) and that's another thing that allowed Palpatine to fill the father figure role in Anakin's life and feed his ego, basically undermining all the Jedi teaching he should have been getting. So like I said, maybe George didn't convey it as well as he should have, but the pieces are obviously all there.

>And TCW really delves into the mysteries of the Force than the prequels did. Straight-up borderline magic at times

I don't know. I think the prequels made a very good case for the Force being, at its root, very much a natural sort of undercurrent of life in the Star Wars galaxy. A lot of people seem to prefer it to be more supernatural, with the emphasis on the power and the mystery rather than the symbiotic Daoist stuff Lucas went with. I think TCW did a really good job marrying both of these views.
>>
>>77777442
I've been musing on similar things lately. Star Wars' cross-generational appeal is proving to be a double-edged sword. But that only makes the whole shebang all the more interesting to me.
>>
>>77776375
>>77777085
Christ, that's just pathetic.
>>
know the worst part about this show? the dark side feels "cold"

that's so morbidly different from how the dark side has been described. The dark side has allure, it should feel like its drawing you in, it should feel anxious and riveting
>>
>>77779335
Vader feels cold, because all he has left is cold fury.
>>
>>77779466
its silly for a lava man to feel cold, especially when there is still good in him.

ever try to swim to the bottom of a really deep pool? like more than 15 feet deep
you can feel the water pressure crushing around your whole body. That's what it should feel like.
>>
>>77772008
>Story is nonsensical fucking shit, designed to pad time.
I have no idea what you're watching, but it's not rebels. If anything, the show could be critiqued to be too safe, not nonsensical. Most episode were what could be expected from a small group of rebels with little support.

Zeb isn't used much admittedly, but he's fine. The brother-like relationship is ok.
I never understood the hate for Sabine, she try to be professional, has a hobby, so what? Never saw her as "always above it all".

Hera isn't the "nice girl", she's actually the opposite, the serious one. The one that focus on missions and is concerned about supplies and money. Also the one to have contact with the rebellion and felt the more concerned about it. Did you watched the show?

Kanan isn't a generic mentor. He would be if he had "the mystery or wisdom that Obi-Wan Kenobi" have. But instead he's a relatively original type of mentor: one that doubt himself. He doesn't think he's worthy of being a jedi, much less teaching someone else to be one. In the same time, he's becoming more of a jedi precisely because he have to teach.

Ezra has nothing to do with Aladdin, and is neither rebellious not especially curious, except maybe for jedi related things. He had trust issues in the beginning that quickly dissipate (thankfully), then he has confidence issues. Not very original but very justified since he has been raised in the street and he really isn't up to the enemies they face. He do fucked up though, but not that much and you would call him a special snowflake for not doing so.
Both him and Kanan are something rarely seen in star wars: force users that aren't that good. Which isn't a very snowflake thing.

I don't even like that show much, but it seems to me that you had a premade idea of what you expected to see, and refuse to see the actual show.
>>
>>77779466
Is it cold fury or a hot temper?
>>
>>77779603
>Ezra has nothing to do with Aladdin

Ezra is literally a street rat in conflict with an evil wizard.
>>
>>77779617
we need to chill his hot heart with a cool island song
>>
>>77779603
People hate Sabine because she's Mandalorian, but she doesn't drink Traviss's Mando'ade.

When her design aired, people were flipping their shit because she wasn't entirely encased in armor, had short sleeves, and colorful hair. And that she was a cutesy artist-type rather than a cold-blooded murderer.
>>
How is it that the CloneWarsfags have become the new GenndyWarsfags. This is literally what happened in the transition from the Genndy Wars series to the Clone Wars series of 2008. Fanbase has learned nothing.
>>
>>77779850
It's all the same people.
>>
>>77779850
This is what always happens, something new comes along and some fans hate the new thing. That's every fandom, ever.
>>
>>77770596
>Murmando
Well, she is Mandolorian. To them Death is like a close friend who is to be shared out with their targets at a whim.
>>
>>77779603
>I never understood the hate for Sabine
People cry tumblr and GRRL POWER, that's about it.
>>
File: 1440285703266.jpg (16 KB, 334x367) Image search: [Google]
1440285703266.jpg
16 KB, 334x367
>>77772030
>He has none of the mystery or wisdom that Obi-Wan Kenobi or Yoda did. He is in an almost permanent state of exasperation.

Either this is bait or you're a complete idiot and missed the point of the character. Either way shut the fuck up faggot.
>>
>>77773001
I always thought the fact that there was a flow chart for what episodes you should bother watching shows how little "story" or character growth mattered in Clone Wars.
>>
>>77777093
Dumb Sheevposter.
>>
>>77779647
Oh yeah I remember when Ezra found a magic device with a wish-granting creature in it and then became a prince and then learned a lesson about crossing socioeconomic boundaries actually no fuck off.
>>
File: 1437890454522.jpg (175 KB, 782x681) Image search: [Google]
1437890454522.jpg
175 KB, 782x681
>>77780099
>Some episodes can be skipped according to some people
>This list is of the most popular episodes
>The fact that it exists means that Clone Wars has no story or character development

It's like you've never seen a rec list before.
>>
>>77780220
It's precisely because the story in Clone Wars was so thin and jumbled that you can skip around and just watch the "good" episodes. Seriously the whole storyline that eventually managed to develop from the void of randomness of the Clone Wars series seemed completely pointless by the end of it. When roughly half the series of Clone Wars was littered with filler episodes you begin to wonder if the storyline wasn't just being pieced together as they went along. It made sense during GenndyWars because it was 5 min shorts but for a show that was 22 min long episode of a 22 episode avearge season I expect a MUCH stronger narrative.
>>
>>77780575
>Because the show doesn't have story arcs that are dragged out over the entire season, it's bad
>>
>>77780607
It's perfectly possible to have a consistently developed story arc over the course of a season without relying on mega arcs to do so. Both GLTAS and Young Justice showed this. Ironically most of Clone Wars was filled with 2 or 3 parters that led no where. Mortis for example.
>>
>>77780575
>>77780819
What storyline? It's an anthology series with loose character development from arc to arc. The story is told in episodes 2 and 3, Clone Wars is just shit that happened in the war in between.
>>
>>77779954
There are no fingerprints
Deep in space
Nothing to tie one to a crime
And if you seek vengeance
For your planet's unanswered dead
You need your

[Pre-Chorus:]
Knives? Check.
Garrotte? Check.
Blaster? Check.
Spray Paint? Check.
Plasma Cannon? Check.
Electrostaff? Check.
Bowcaster? Check.
Light Sabre? Check.

Murmando [x16]
>>
>>77766920
>OC Donut Steel lightsabers
What does this even mean?
>>
File: UW00QcD.webm (337 KB, 490x326) Image search: [Google]
UW00QcD.webm
337 KB, 490x326
>>77782975
The rotating, circular-grip, no-sword-fighting-skill required lightsabers the Inquisitors use. The ones only eight year-olds would ever think look cool.
>>
>>77772989
Han Solo being a thief with a heart of gold is something brought in long after his creation. In the movies he was just a smuggler who made some friends, he never really gives a shit about anyone he doesn't know personally.

And he shoots first.
>>
>>77776944
>The problem is the execution, not the ideas.
>>77776727
>It's pretty much what the prequels should've been

So you agree.
>>
>>77780204
>a magic device
Spaceship
>with a wish-granting creature in it
Jedi
>and then became a prince
Padawan actually
>and then learned a lesson about crossing socioeconomic boundaries
Rebel is in a much better income bracket than Street Urchin.
>>
>>77780819
>Both GLTAS and Young Justice showed this
Both of those series used mega arcs and YJ was bad at even that.
>>
>>77783117
That is not an answer to the question I asked, explain the words you used.
>>
>>77779335
The dark side has felt 'cold' since The Empire Strikes Back, you plebs
>>
>>77771417
then dont use Episode 7 characters. they can easily make up some characters for this. shit, all these fucking books coming out are filling in that space. if they can do it, a fucking cartoon can as well
>>
>>77783424
All of the books are filling in the space between the existing movies.
>>
>>77770596
Ezra probably killed thousands of imperials in the last episode by being the one in charge of sabotaging the ship.
>>
>>77783794
You mean Chopper, who actually did the work
>>
>>77783365
I'm not the Anon you first replied to. But he was going on about the transmorphic equi-gender surrealistic contraflibularities present in a particular character's choice of weaponry.
>>
File: Ahsoka.jpg (44 KB, 340x274) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka.jpg
44 KB, 340x274
>>77763229
Eh. This new season has been kind of lame but I thought the first season was pretty great.

Backwhen the Rebels threads were first happening, it was pretty well consensus that the first season was good. Obvious flaws like animation were there but it served as a decent enough successor to Clone Wars.

But this new season feels kinda of stale, not sure what it is but they're really losing it with this one.
>>
>>77783117
Wow, that's a pretty fucking dumb lightsaber.
>>
>>77785011
For me it's two things. One, they suck ass as a rebel group. It was fun watching them get curbstomped first but now I feel like they don't care about their losses, as we see no effort to replace them, they're getting a-wings and pilots from nowhere seemingly, and there's no focus on them actually being rebels: no salvaging, recruiting, etc. Not for themselves anyways, they're being so selfishly good and helpful it's literally killing them.

Second, and perhaps more important, the second season episodes rushed somehow, whereas the first season episodes felt like they kept a good pace.
>>
>>77785011
>>77786298
Well, the first season was under Greg Weisman, wasn't it? Then he was fired before the second season.

I don't want to say that's entirely the reason, but I'd say the majority of it.
>>
>>77786345
I didn'tknow they changed directors, that could certainly explain some of this
>>
>it's a Kevin Hopps episode
>>
Filoni also needs to stop with the clone wanking. The Empire might focus on quantity over quality but if stuff didn't work they would still use it. This latest episode was just "stormtroopers suck and all their equipment is bad"
>>
>>77787405
That's just Rex, from The Clone Wars. Of course clone would be boastful about clones,
>>
>>77787405
I feel like they're just having fun with the idea that stormtroopers are horrible marksmen. You know, stemming from that they never hit the main characters in the original trilogy. It's practically a meme, but it fits with the era and how clones would feel about their replacements.
>>
>>77764397
>>77764440
It is her stupid clothes, they're too baggy, is like the clothes are 3 sizes bigger.
>>
>>77780220
In my own personal opinion, if you have to make a flow chart for a show admitting that the episodes to skip are notably shit and it's an expansive flow chart on that note, it can't be that amazing of a show
>>
>>77787405
>This latest episode was just "stormtroopers suck and all their equipment is bad"
But that's 100% canonically true
>>
>>77783117
jesus christ that lightsaver is autistic as fuck
>>
>>77783117
I don't know what's worse, this or the stapler lightsaber.
>>
File: Dave-Filoni-Frotnlines.jpg (67 KB, 700x386) Image search: [Google]
Dave-Filoni-Frotnlines.jpg
67 KB, 700x386
>>77763460
The real question anon is, Did you rike it?
>>
>>77785704
It's toyetic
>>
>>77783900
>>77783794
Either way, those guards he went out of his way not to hurt while escaping are certainly dead now.
>>
>>77793698
>the stapler lightsaber.
What?
>>
>>77796225
One of the Jedi that pops up uses a red Swingline as his lightsaber hilt.
>>
>>77763477
>>just get "stunned" and writhe on the ground

Blasters have had stun settings since the first firefight you fucking idiot.

As for the show itself, remember that TCW was hot garbage for it's first film and didn't actually get decent textures, writing, or story for the first couple of seasons. Rebels is steadily getting better, but it needs the same time TCW had.
>>
>>77796281
Forget it. These people haven't watched the original series. They watched Robot Chicken and Family Guy rehashes and called it a day.
>>
>>77796281
People keep forgetting that George Lucas himself gave TCW his own personal cash so it could have better animation, if it never was given the extra cash, it would have looked much worse.
>>
>>77796418
Each episode had a basic budget of one million dollars.

Now they've got less than half that.
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.