[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would they have handled eachother's villains? Could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: daredevil-and-jessica-jones.jpg (113 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-and-jessica-jones.jpg
113 KB, 672x372
How would they have handled eachother's villains? Could Daredevil figure out a way past Kilgrave's defenses and prove he exists? Could Jessica expose Fisk's criminal empire and bring him down both legally and physically?
>>
How exactly do Purple Man's powers work? Are they based on proximity? Because with Daredevil, I feel like he could just shout really hard and Matt will hear and obey.
>>
>>77756431
Yeah they're proximity based. Pre-powerup Kilgrave couldn't even mind control people in the back of a large club, and that was with the help of a mic. His powers work by breathing in a toxin he emits.
>>
>>77756431
MCU Kilgrave's powers work like a virus. You have to near him to be exposed and once you are, you're pretty much his for 12 hours until it wears off. At least until you see him again, in which case it starts over.
>>
I feel like since Jessica is a lot less careful than Matt, Fisk could find out about her and her life fairly easily and then put her in some kind of Born Again scenario.

Only Jessica is already pretty depressed and a bombardment of further hardships would probably end with her eating a gun.
>>
>>77756342
Well Matt's a avocado so at least he'd know what kind of evidence he needs immediately.
He'd probably just focus really hard on some other sound and not listen to him.

Jessica would just beat Fisk to death. Her PI skills are probably good enough to figure out the Kingpin exists, but I doubt she could get a legal case against him.

Though if Jessica gets Foggy and Karen while Daredevil gets Trinity and Patsy then Jessica trades up.

Matt doesn't need Trinity or Patsy while Jessica gains a lawyer that doesn't need favors/free Kilgrave. Karen doesn't really matter since she's just unpowered Jessica without the real PI experience.
>>
Jessica not hiding who she is and what she can do is gonna get everyone she knows fucked the second Fisk realizes she's a problem.
>>
>>77756342
Purple Man was a Daredevil villain originally, he found a way around it.

Jessica probably wouldn't be able to bring down Fisk unless it meant beating the shit out of him, or something.
>>
>>77756342
Matt could handle Purpleman. Jess would be fucked.
>>
>>77759055
Wouldn't Matt still succumb to Kilgrave's control? He is blind but he's not deaf.
>>
>>77759279
I didn't say he would try to run up and punch the guy.
>>
>>77756342
Matt would use his ninja skills to sneak up on Kilgrave and attack him. Jessica would do alright trying to expose Fisk.
>>
>>77756342
Originally Kilgraves powers had no effect on DD, his shtick was to throw large groups of innocent people to rip DD apart. Netflix DD would fucking wreck Netflix Kilgrave if his power works like in the comics.
>>
jones couldn't even have beat kingpin in a fight
>>
If Daredevil's immune like in the comics Kilgrave is done. Hell the only reason he lasted past episode 3 is because Jessica kept trying to get Hope off rather than just kill him.

The only one screwed against Kilgrave is Cage. Assuming Iron Fist works like the comics he can purify himself.

If Kilgrave went after the Avengers it would be which of the 4 immune characters hold down Natasha and Falcon/Hawkeye and which punch out Kilgrave.
>>
>>77756342
Kilgrave is a fucking DD villain
>>
I think DD has the willpower to not be comtrolled by purple man
>>
>>77756526
A big plothole/generally funny thought I'd how Kilgrave must spend hours going around to re-mind control everyone. It must be like a full time job. Dude has to work hard for his plot. Which they had made some allusion to that in the show
>>
>>77763800
It's why he usually has people he controls either kill themselves or return to him at some point. The only exception was the guy he got hooked on drugs.
>>
>>77762301
>Cap
>immune

Besides Kilgrave would go after Tony right off the bat. Catch him out of his suit and boom You've got a shitton of armors to play with.
>>
>>77762078
She's stronger, and he's no Luke Cage.
>>
>>77756819
I thought it was mostly pheromones for Kilgrave?
>>
>>77756342
Matt would wear a Hazmat suit and kick the shit out of Kilgrave episode 1.

Meanwhile the Russians make Jessica their plaything and put her on a ship.
>>
Purple Man's powers have no affect on DD, he'd just have to deal with bystanders
>>
>>77756342
Matt and Foggy would have had Hope free within hours of arrest.
>>
>>77764733
I was so mad that there wasn't even a subtle reference to their legal practice. Or even the one Foggy's bootycall worked at. I thought for SURE that when Trinity's sidechick fired her and requested a different lawyer she'd namedrop them or something.
>>
>>77764477

Cap's super soldier immune system is virus resistant. Kilgrave's mind control virus wouldn't affect him.

Thor isn't affected at all by Midgard viruses, Hulk's gamma blood burns out viruses instantly. Vision is a machine. Quicksilver would be able to punch out Kilgrave in the milisecond before he could open his mouth. Wanda would mindfuck him instead.

Yeah the only guys affected would be Falcon Hawkeye and Widow. And Tony and Rhodes only if he got to them ahead of time before they armored up.
>>
>>77764477
Not that it matters, but in the EMH cartoon that's basically the plot line. Vision is immune due to him being an android, and Cap is the only one who is really able to shake it off with minimal effort. Kilgrave nabs Tony straight up, which causes all sorts of shenanigans.
>>
>>77756342
Thought that was Flash for a sec. What would Barry do against Kilgrave? What could DD and Jessica do against Zoom/Eobard?
>>
>>77764802

Hawkeye also shakes it off almost instantly just by being reminded he hates being told what to do.

But EMH portrayed it as a psychic ability that could be broadcast all over the planet.

In MCU it's viral, so anyone with a super immune system or otherwise resistant to disease, which is the majority of the Avengers, would be unaffected.
>>
>>77764832
>What would Barry do against Kilgrave?

He wouldn't be immune to his control, but he could just knock him out long before Kilgrave could order him, or he could constantly keep his perception at super speed so he can't hear what Kilgrave is saying.

>What could DD and Jessica do against Zoom/Eobard?

They'd be screwed. Without super speed there's nothing they could do.
>>
>>77764832

>Flash vs Kilgrave
Twenty minutes of Barry fucking up his personal relationships via mind control, four minutes of inspirational speech leading to punch in the jaw then into reactor containment cell.

>DD vs. Eobard
Just because DD is the hero of the show, his super-senses let him see RF coming and he cold-clocks him.
>>
>>77764867
>But EMH portrayed it as a psychic ability that could be broadcast all over the planet.
Not quite. Kilgrave makes it sort of obvious that Tony can't resist his power at the distance he's at. I think Jarvis also points out the timeline of events as being after Stark takes Kilgrave out in a restaurant he sneaks into Stark Tower and makes Tony build the satellite amplifier which explains his increase to a global threat.
>>
>>77756819
>He'd probably just focus really hard on some other sound and not listen to him.
It's not sound-based.
>>
>>77761949
Wasn't that because his powers were originally based on people looking at him?
>>
>>77765011
Matt could probably resist pheromones to an extent if he knew that's how Kilgrave was doing it. His meditation was said to be so effective that he could force his body to heal quicker; his concentration is off the charts.
>>
>>77764761
Is it explicitly stated to be virus-based?
>>
>>77765045

It's not pheromones in this version, it's an airborne virus.
>>
>>77765079

Yes.
>>
>>77764761
>Quicksilver would be able to punch out Kilgrave in the milisecond before he could open his mouth.
If he were alive.
>>
>>77765081
All the same I think Matt could resist pre-powerup Kilgrave, but only if he knew. He'd have to be under his control for a little while like Jessica was.
>>
>>77764832
Barry could wreck Kilgrave if he knew about his powers, but if not the world would be doomed.

DD and Jessica, and likely even the Avengers would be fucked against Zoom or RF. Speedforce is OP.
>>
>>77765140

Would a Speedster (or anyone with significant regeneration, for that matter) be able to work the virus out of their system faster than a baseline human being?
>>
WOuld jennifer jones let Froggy fuck her?
>>
>>77765402
You don't LET Foggy fuck you, you HOPE he allows you to house his cock for a few minutes.
>>
>>77756342

Matt is blind. He wouldn't have heard a single thing kilgrave said.
>>
>>77765455
This. Dumfucks.
>>
Wait Mandrill, Purple Man, and Spider-Woman all have the same type of mind control power?
>>
>>77765455
This post is funny out of context
>>
>>77762601
>mfw thanks to netflix casuals think they know hornhead
>>
>>77765522
Purple Man has a virus, Spider-Woman has pheremones

no idea about Mandrill
>>
>>77765543
Giant red ass
>>
In Jessica Jones, when Kilgrave gives a command, he usually doesn't specify who it's for. The victims tend to attribute commands to themselves based on context. With Matt not able to see who Kilgrave is talking to, he wouldn't react as quickly to the mind control if at all, and would quickly win.
>>
>>77765543
Mandrill is pheromones
>>
>>77765543

Purple Man is normally pheromones too.
>>
>>77764832
Given that his Kilgraves powers are entirely biological in this instance I doubt it would last very long. It takes a regular person 12 hours to get that shit out of their system so Barry would probably work it out of his damn near instantly. So inevitably it wouldn't work and then he would force Barry to save some people he sent to their deaths before somehow figuring out where Barry hangs his cowl and mindcontrolling them for drama.

Eobard and Zoom are straight up Avenger level problems. DD and Jessica could probably handle a good number of the metas though.
>>
>>77764500
She's not skilled in unarmed combat, though; she relies entirely on her super-strength. Fisk would easily dodge her clumsy swings & give her a red-ass beat-down.
>>
>>77765522
Same basic mechanism, but different tiers.

Spider-Woman<Mandrill<Purple Man
>>
Daredevil would see Kilgrave's soundwaves and dodge them.

Yep.
>>
>>77766024
Fisk is couldn't dodge a punch if he had six months notice. He's fucking huge and tanks hits because he is fucking strong and big for a HUMAN. He would try to tank a punch and then be on his ass at best or at worst dead.

I really can't believe you said Fisk would use any form of combat that required even a slight amount of dodging. She would fuck him up six ways to Sunday. They are both terrible fighters but she has super strength and durability.

That ninja guy would murder her ass though no questions. Matt would too.
>>
>>77756342
Daredevil would probably lose the initial fight, but after that he's pretty much golden. One thing Jessica most certainly doesn't have is stealth, and DD is good at that. Being a lawyer, he would also know exactly how to make proof of his abilities during. Killgrave doesn't make it past episode 2 without bullshit escapes, as opposed to 6 and beyond without bullshit.

Jessica is straight up fucked VS Kingpin. Just, so very fucked.

She's as subtle as a brick, her investigations in the show are a joke based off pure luck, and Kingpin has enough firepower to make her mulch without some good stealth skills, with DD has but she most certainly doesn't. She wouldn't even know who he was before he sent out enough guys to kill the maskless, blatant vigilante that her whole apartment would be fire and rubble by nightfall. Ironically? Her only real hope of survival is if the former scenario didn't happen and Killgrave is still alive, then he goes "MUH WAIFU JESSICA" and takes down Kingpin himself for her.

...Which sounds fucking awesome, thinking about it.
>>
>>77766207
Hm.

Kilgrave vs. Kingpin

Who wins an all out war? Only terms are that Fisk knows what Kilgrave can do and that Kilgrave knows who Fisk is.
>>
Purple Man was a DD villain to begin with. Matt can resist his power.
>>
>>77766395
Oh, then Fisk.

Manpower and no fucks given for collateral damage beats Killgrave no problem. All he would have to do is 'arm' a bunch of people with some cameras and hold a remote detonator, and Killgrave is hella fucked in a wash of fire, assuming Kingpin doesn't go full retard and try to 'control' him for his own purposes, then it's just one bad slip and Kingpin is so royally fucked he'd swear he's in Punisher Max again.

If he doesn't know what Killgrave can do, he's probably in the shit, but he could still figure it out in time. If Killgrave doesn't know who he is, all he has to do is get near a guy who knows what he looks like and he can make them tell him.

The advantage really comes down to 'who knows who can do what, and are they going to get greedy'. If Killgrave got control of Kingpin and got greedy, he'd be counted by Wesley the moment he let his guard down. If Kingpin got greedy trying to get Killgraves powers, he'd flip it on him and Kingpin is screwed eventually.

It would be a crazy ass fight regardless, bodies piling up left and right.
>>
>>77766395
>Kilgrave walks into a police station
>Tells them to go kill Fisk
>Repeat for every police station in the area
>>
Not really related but..would you rather be a speedster or have a lantern ring?
>>
>>77766495
>>77766518
Just thinking about them going to war is exciting. I wish we got more villain vs. villain no holds barred stories. It's so compelling because you really can't tell who the underdog is. Fisk has near unlimited resources, a huge amount of manpower, and guidance from Wesley, Madame Gao, etc. He has an empire. Kilgrave lacks that but has all the potential in the world to take it and is willing to let anyone die in the process, whereas Fisk has Vanessa as an obvious weakness to consider,

It would make for a hell of a show.
>>
>>77766636
why why why why would you ask this here
>>
>>77766844
I'm curious, personally I'd pick the ring
>>
>>77766891
>picking shitty jewelry
>or out run death

Hmmmm
>>
File: Hyde.png (74 KB, 270x453) Image search: [Google]
Hyde.png
74 KB, 270x453
Matt would lose the initial encounter to Britbong Parent Issues, but after that he would devise a plan to take down Kilgrave in their first encounter, unless he's immune like in the comics.
AKA Murderer would struggle against Manbaby Supreme, people think because she's stronger than him it would be over, but that's hardly the case. Fisk's power and influence could really screw Jessica.
>>
>>77766636
>>77766891
>not choosing the op abilities of a speedster
>ever
>>
>>77767041
>>77767178
I'd like to fly and explore space basically
>>
>>77767222
but with speedster abilities you could explore time
>>
>>77767274
Not really interested in past/future travels
>>
>>77765043
Well, it was never explained how his powers worked back then. Sometimes he would look at them, but he could also yell at a group and they would obey. I think it was more of DD honed senses being capable of seeing thorugh his bullshit command.
>>
>>77767222
>>77767274
>not using your speed to run into space
>>
>>77765522
spiderman and beast also have it, but on a lower level. They just make people very horny for them.
I think spiderwoman is the same, she doesn't control men, she just makes them so horny for her that they do what she say hoping for a piece of ass.
>>
>>77767041
>>77767178
i use the ring's abilities to make advanced computer like constructs that I'll use to develop new technology that I'll use to upgrade myself both biologically and technologically till I reach a point where I don't need the ring anymore.
I would make myself able to access the speedforce too.
>>
>>77767171
>Fisk's power and influence could really screw Jessica
This, she didn't even realize that someone she was very close to was everywhere she went taking photos of her. Now imagine her beating up some booky asking about Kingpin. He'd probably have her unmasked ass IDed within hours. Then from there he can just lead her around in circles indefinitely until he has enough dirt on her to either use her as a pawn or to have her killed.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.