[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many heroes have the origin were it's a white guy who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
How many heroes have the origin were it's a white guy who goes to a foreign culture and masters there abilities beter than they can?

Iron Fist
Dr strange

The Phantom i think?

Zantar White God of the Congo
>>
>>77753499
>masters there abilities beter than they can
>Iron Fist
No.
>>
>>77753549
Danny is an immortal weapon, and until the Johns-esque additions, the only one.
>>
>>77753499
>The Phantom i think?
no.

he partakes in the ritual but kill pirates and bandits on his own volition
>>
batman and wolverine are both karate masters, no?
>>
>>77753549
Yeah, from what I remember he gets thrashed around by some of the other Immortal Weapons of the time, such as Fat Cobra, and doesn't really seem to be that good compared to the previous Iron Fists, who used their powers in more creative and impactful ways.
>>
Dr Doom
Adam Strange
Black Marvel
Tintin in Congo(which I think the author apologized for even
White Wolf was done as a satire
The Chuck Norris cartoon
Atlantis the lost empire
>>
>Dr. Strange

The country in which he's trained would be one of the easiest parts of his origin to change. It has almost no cultural significance.
>>
>>77753876
That was a retcon though, which given the writers may have been deliberately going against the meme
>>
>>77753940
yeah but if the movie does it watch the Gargamels on here bitch
>>
>>77753499
Claremont's Kitty and that woman in the hig cut leotard both absorb the souls and/or steal an asian body in order to gain access to kungfu.
>>
>>77753499
Do you want real life examples? Because kickboxing and MMA are basically white people beating the shit out of asians at their own game.
>>
>>77753499
take it to >>>/pol/
>>
File: 1399018379879.jpg (151 KB, 459x700) Image search: [Google]
1399018379879.jpg
151 KB, 459x700
>>77753809
Orson wells version of the Shadow have him master his "clouding of the minds" in some temple far east.

William Zeppeli is the same.
>>
John Carter did it first

John Carter did a lot of things first

but what's most important is he's the first, only, and last guy to do dejah thoris
>>
>>77754141
what did he learn? he seemed to be able to kick ass and take names without having some foreigner teach him techniques
>>
>>77754184
learned the customs of martian culture enough to be able to say fuck you to the rules while the other martians followed him.

I mean sure 90% of what happened was warrior race stuff, but he still got all the martians together to become the lord of all mars
>>
B'wana Beast and Congorilla
>>
Snake Eyes
>>
>>77754371
>confirmed for never reading gi joe
>>
>>77753809
Wolverine is the greatest samurai in modern Japan. He should just move there and set up shop since Japs suck at being heroes.
>>
>>77753940
>>77753978
just have him travel around the world and learn magic in different places till he's mastered ALL OF THE MAGICS
>>
>>77753499
>Dr Strange
are sorcerers supremes related to a particular culture?
>>
>>77754728
he learned from asian mystics
>>
>>77754371
Snake eyes is explicitly Storm Shadows equal.

But then wolverine syndrome hit
>>
What's his name who turned into a gorilla. Congorilla?
>>
>>77753499
Ok so how many heroes come from a foriegn culture and show up a bunch of white people at there own shit?
>>
>>77755412

Black Panther?
>>
>>77755412
Dr. Doom
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Amadeus Cho
>>
>>77755905
Doom is white tho.
>>
File: Destroyer.jpg (1 MB, 1312x1900) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer.jpg
1 MB, 1312x1900
>>77755412
too many to count, that's like the most common pastimes, it seems these multi coloured foriegneres have nothing better to do than arriving and one-upping decent folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP69wn8xtS4
>>
>>77755913
He's a gypsy. That's about as white as Black Panther, bro.
>>
>>77754025
Actually it's mostly Brazilians kicking the shit out of the entire planet
>>
>>77755905
>Amadeus Cho
Is math white people shit?
>>
>>77755960
>Is this guy just ugly or is that make up?
Oh those wacky gay jews.
>>
>>77756047
Didn't they invent it?
Maybe the Asians are getting back at them for Pasta.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.