[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Thor: Ragnarock >I think [Thor: Ragnarok] needs to b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: Thor-The-Dark-World2-700x300.jpg (40 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
Thor-The-Dark-World2-700x300.jpg
40 KB, 700x300
RIP Thor: Ragnarock

>I think [Thor: Ragnarok] needs to be injected with that sort of smart wit and unexpected kind of humor, kind of what James Gunn came in and did with Guardians [of the Galaxy]. It was like off center and unpredictable, and I think we can definitely use a dose of that, you know?

>I feel we had less of the sort of the naivety or fun or humor that the first [Thor] might have had. I wish we had more of that in the second [movie]. … We’ve done regal. We’ve done Shakespeare, and we’ve shown that. I think now it’s time to go, ‘Okay, cool. Let’s try something different,’ and Taika just had such a brilliant sort of take and funny kind of ideas about where we could [go], how we could do that.

http://www.slashfilm.com/thor-ragnarok-humor/#more-326629

>“I don’t really know that much about it, but I think it’s going to be a buddy picture with Thor and Bruce Banner,” he told the New York Daily News.

http://www.slashfilm.com/hulk-thor-ragnarok-buddy-movie/#more-322008

>Waititi is not an obvious choice for Thor: Ragnarok, as he’s mostly known for indie comedies like Eagle vs Shark, Boy, and the aforementioned What We Do in the Shadows.

http://www.slashfilm.com/thor-ragnarok-director-taika-waititi/#more-317264

When did you realize that Thor is doomed to be the comedy franchise of the MCU?
>>
>>77751422
It's already the worst series of MCU movies, maybe making Thor more comedic will make them a bit better.
>>
>>77751422
What happened to the "This will be the darkest MCU movie to date" talk?
>>
>>77751422
It's been this way since the first outing. Try to keep up, faggot.
>>
>>77751492

they said the same thing about Thor 2
>>
Someone tell Hemsworth to shut the fuck and look pretty.
>>
>>77751422
>When did you realize that Thor is doomed to be the comedy franchise of the MCU?
After the first movie asshole, this is nothing new.

At least Guardians of the Galaxy's humor worked better than the jokes in any movie Thor was in.

Also calling it a buddy picture between Thor and Hulk in space sounds great to me. Maybe Thor's space-fantasy world is a place were Banner can finally accept Hulk.

Also the Banner-Thor-Hulk dynamic will be great, they rarely interact in any avengers movie but whether it's 1's fight or AoU's lines about the gates of Hel and gout I think they work well together.
>>
DOA
>>
>>77753634
Just like the other Thor films then.
>>
All I want is Marvel Presents: Lord of the Rings starring Thor, is that too much to ask for
>>
Would it be too much to ask for some sort of loose adaptation of an arc from Walt Simonson's arc? Doesn't even have to be the Beta Ray Bill arc.
>>
>>77753786

Yes.

It would be.
>>
The Thor movies have been the weakest in the MCU so far but I still enjoyed them. Hulk and Thor's Bogus Journey into Mystery sounds awesome, imo.
>>
>>77753892
But but but Marvel has the resources now, I can be done
>>
>>77754009
That still doesn't mean they will as Marvel isn't really known for taking real chances on anything.
>>
>>77753786
It would end up being the Hobbit trilogy with Thor because I doubt Marvel wants to spend 10 years making a movie
>>
File: 1423894687992.jpg (75 KB, 650x560) Image search: [Google]
1423894687992.jpg
75 KB, 650x560
>There is a parallel universe where Disney bought DC and made a shitty quipfest New Gods movie
>>
>>77751526
I think they were talking about the title in that occassion.
>>
>>77754411
>Not wanting a movie where Lightray quips with Orion about Darkseid's mini skirt
>>
>>77754411
Truly that is the darkest timeline.
>>
The mistake they keep making and the misconception everyone keeps holding to is that the story needs less earth and more Asgard. This is not the case. Thor stories work best when he is firmly on earth and intersects with the lofty, exalted presence of Asgard occasionally. All this pointless debate a out whether or not they're really God's has made them forget to write them as if they're actually Gods, which is the most important thing.

I don't know, it's all just a massive waste of potential
>>
>>77751533
And maybe take some acting classes.
>>
>>77754009
It's not about money, it's about the time they can spend on each movie, which is very small
>>
>Thor 3
>Ostensibly sorta based on Surtur stuff from Simonson's run
>Will be a buddy-duo
>With Hulk

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BILL
>>
>>77753822
They don't want to accidentally make any of the Thor movies good, anon.
>>
So they did 2 movies that didn't really work and you're mad they're trying something different instead of making another weak attempt at an epic?
>>
>>77755095
Well generally when one thinks of Thor and the word Ragnarok, a buddy cop movie with the Hulk doesn't come to mind
>>
>>77755076
I could see the "Thor goes to Hel" arc being perfect for a movie. It would be perfect for the movie going audience since everyone uses assault rifles
>>
>>77755330
Yeah, a buddy cop movie with Beta Ray Bill comes to mind.
>>
>>77755557
It would take an entire movie just to introduce Bill, is origin is long enough to warrant that
>>
>>77755095
>They're trying something different

They made two comedies and now they're going for a third, you dolt.
>>
>>77755615
At the moment, I'd settle for a Marvel One Shot of Bill, up to the point of meeting Thor (with the rest saved for a movie).
>>
File: image.jpg (311 KB, 625x908) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
311 KB, 625x908
>>77754702
Nah, kirby/Lee space stuff is great.
>>
>>77755684
As much as I love Bill I'd MUCH rather see them build up the Warriors Three than introduce Thorse. Bill could be someone they bring in later on once everyone is familiar and comfortable with the human characters
>>
I want the Recorder and Mangog
>>
>>77755557
Fucking This. I was so eager to get Bill this time, now Hulk has to ruin that. Its bad enough Vision kinda stole the hammer moment.
>>
>>77754360
>>77754009
>>77753892
Reminder lord of the rings trilogy was filmed in 18 months
>>
>>77755719
Marvel has proven themselves incapable of capturing such things though
>>
>>77756179
But...
Yeah, okay.
>>
>>77756179
What director could possibly come close to capturing the awe and grandeur of Kirby's work on film?
>>
>>77751422
>MCU Thor
Wow, it's fucking nothing. I'm just waiting for the reboot in 20 years. Maybe then we could get an Thor flick with decent actors who gave a fuck.
>>
>>77751526
Darkess in marvel means more cave and indoors escenes
>>
>>77758097
That's the real question that needs to be asked.
>>
>>77751422
I'm more excited about this being a Hulk movie than a Thor movie at this point.
>>
>>77758155
Well I've just asked it.
>>
>>77758882
>>
>>77758934
This has nothing at all to do with this thread you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
>>77751460
No, it won't...
>>
>>77751422
I gave up hope on the Thor franchise after TDW and only had a small glimmer of hope until I read this. Seriously, why is Marvel so insistent that their space/cosmic shit be goofy comedies and rom-coms....

Being a Thor fan is suffering
>>
I, for one, trust in Taika Waititi. Boy was really great, and so was what we do in the shadows and flight of the conchords.
>>
>>77758161
>tfw Thor gets upstaged in his own film again. Not by Loki this time but by Hulk

Feels good man. I guess this is Thor's punishment for getting sequels when Hulk should have instead.
>>
I'd be okay with this if Hemsworth was replaced by Brett and Ruffalo was replaced by Jemaine and Odin was Murray, and Loki was Mel.
>>
>>77759355
Come on Helk, we got to save Asgerd.
>>
>>77751422
>unexpected kind of humor...unpredictable
What the proper fuck are they talking about? It was expected not only because Gunn was attached but the property he was attached to utilized humor to begin with.

Thor has never exactly been humorless, but the "unexpected" humor they're thinking of and using are what's killing it because humorous or not it doesn't make any goddamn sense after the joke is done. It just leaves you thinking
>hah, wait wat?
It adds nothing and removes you from the movie.
That doesn't happen with GotG because as I said you expect it to, so it transitions without too much thought about why Peter is making references he shouldn't know or others wouldn't.
>>
>>77759575
Hemsworth is not a bright man, anon.
>>
>>77758209
Isn't that the question of the day.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.