[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Endtown 27/11/15 (11/27/15 for Amerifriends) - Kirbee's backstory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: end151127.gif (285 KB, 900x920) Image search: [Google]
end151127.gif
285 KB, 900x920
Huh.
>>
>>77749340

Wait, what the hell was she before she was Anthro'd? It can't just be her general brain density if she's talking about it like that.
>>
>>77749431
I can picture her as the receptionist who always forgets to pass on messages.
>>
>>77749431
Maybe she was born in the colony? We don't know how old she is nor has she ever hinted that she mutated at any point.

She doesn't look exactly retarded as much as completely unaware of the world outside Lizardtown.
>>
>>77749431
Some kinda carnie sideshow thing?
Meet the bearded lady or the man with 6 fingers on each hand kinda thing.
>>
>>77749431
>>77749637
>>77749639

She's talking about how if she was a giant mutant antro lizard BEFORE THE WAR, like she is now, she'd have been the most famous freakshow artist in the world (if not in a lab somewhere being dissected).

Not implying that she was one before the war.

It's a metaphor for accepting that the world (and the characters themselves) have changed, so constantly measuring their current reality by 'the old days' is counterproductive.
>>
>>77749340
>normies finally got out
>>
>>77749340
Interesting. Is she a well-meaning airhead, or a genius?

Because if she is both, we have some serious multiple personality disorder.
>>
>>77751050
>>
>>77749340
>climbing with something wrapped around her neck
She'll never learn.
>>
>>77751060
*meant to quote
>>77750815
>>
>>77751076
Maybe she's into it?

She did say she felt a "buzz".
>>
>>77749340
Im increasingly convinced that that Kirbee is retarded to some extent. Like actually mentally retarded
>>
>>77751491
You don't say?
>>
>>77751491
>Im increasingly convinced that that Kirbee is retarded

Silly anon, that's not how you spell 'OP'
>>
File: 102_1447972161364.jpg (543 KB, 1095x1572) Image search: [Google]
102_1447972161364.jpg
543 KB, 1095x1572
>>77751050

Well, she's obviously an egghead...
>>
>>77749431
>"I'd have been a freak..."

That delicious ass defied all known laws of the science.
>>
>>77750763

She could also be talking about the lost tail since freaks were often people with missing body parts.
>>
>>77750763
Thank you for not having autism anon. You've done well in using your brain to understand a basic human conversation steeped in indirect speech patterns.

I'm not even kidding, I came into this thread expecting literally everyone to be clueless about this.
>>
Despite her statements I still want to throw dimes at kirbee.
>>
>>77749340
>Holly in that last panel.

You can tell she wants to jump off after hearing that but at the same time she doesn't want that to be the last thing she ever heard.
>>
>>77754104

Actually, Aaron has been shifting her design to a skinny body like in>>77752902

Maybe we need to make frames showing her gradual change in design.
>>
Man, these threads are super dead now. What happened to everybody?
>>
>>77758623
Thread population peaks around 'happening' moments in the comic.
Right now they're climbing up a boat.
>>
>>77758654
I seem to recall these threads being a lot "busier" when they were out in the wastes, though I suppose they were getting hunted each night, so that was something to speculate.
>>
>>77749431
what is the timeline here?
dimes? sideshow? Freaks? is she from 1930?
>>
>>77758654
I just want them to get off the boat, or else I'm going to go crazy.

>>77759016
The first story of Endtown must take place after 2001, given that one of the characters has a media player of some sort.
>>
>>77759118
An iPod.
But there's more stuff pointing to an earlier era, like the way Holly and the other guy were dressed and what car they were using.
>>
>>77759164
I thought it was an iPod. But I wasn't sure if they said "iPod" outright or not.

As for evidence of an earlier era, it could always be that they came from a theme party before the world started going to shit.
>>
>>77759261
I really don't ever think that was the case. I believe that the way the Endown universe is very similar to Fallout, where everything kept a certain the "World of Tomorrow" visual styling for a long time in the 1900sss hence the vehicles in flashbacks, Mallard's blasters, and Topsider bases all seem similar in style.
>>
Hey /co/. Sorry for the repeat post. Here's the last update. Because I kinda failed and last session kinda didnt happen because of that.
>New gear for explosives like blast caps and nitro.
>Whips and bolas are categorized as rope weapons. I guess it's more of a GM tool than anything.
>Blocking has been cleaned up.
>Entangle is now a condition.
Next session will be 12/5 noon PST, 3est. Email me at [email protected]

In the rpg is been proposed that the Speed stat be renamed to Agility as the term would better reflect the wide benefits of the stat. I'm a giant weeb so saying things like speed naturally implies dexterity, agility, and precision to me already.
What do you think? http://strawpoll.me/6089491
>>
>>77759261

It was a ChiPod. Either that represented China or Chicago, guessing Aaron's subconscious love of industry cities. Al has used this device like a magnifying glass and a flashlight in some cases, iirc.

I've got to add that. In the comic you sometimes see these 'super gadgets' like Al's *pod and Sparkplug's many, many pocket lasers.
>>
>>77760206
I don't mind the change to "Agility." It has a bit more flexibility to it.
>>
Is this going to be like berserk? Seven years on the boat....
>>
>>77750763
Pretty much this. I don't see any backstory here, just her talking about how the norm has changed. Pretty nice way of seeing things.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.