[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Creates two of the most popular series in recent years on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: DChannel.jpg (47 KB, 316x245) Image search: [Google]
DChannel.jpg
47 KB, 316x245
>Creates two of the most popular series in recent years on cable (Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls)
>Response is to shove all their cartoons onto a channel nobody owns and turn Disney Channel into the tween central hot spot.

What the FUCK happened.
>>
>>77742836
>gravity falls
>good ratings

kek
>>
>>77742870
That's what happens when you fuck around with a show's schedule from day 1
>>
>>77742870
Averaged from 2.5 - 3 mil when on Disney Channel.

I mean, I know you want to bait and all, but you could've just called the show shit or Meme Falls rather than something where one click on Wikipedia would shut you down.
>>
Don't forget the constant million-year hiatuses
>>
They changed the target demographic of "Disney Channel" to 9-12 year old girls, and "Disney XD" to 9-12 boys.
>>
I've always had Disney XD as part of the basic tier so I've never really had a problem with Disney moving the programs to ch. 54 instead of ch. 55. Other than the fact TWC doesnt have DXD in HD but whatever.
>>77742870
I think the commercial free episode of GF somehow got 2 million views on XD and not DC so that's damn good.
>>
>>77742957
>>77744194

>XD

Fuck off Reddit!
>>
>>77744334
This joke really doesn't work on this board.
Not enough Meme Masters on this board
>>
>>77742836
Market Segmentation is the devil
>>
>>77742836

>into the tween central hot spot

Well, at least Girl Meets World is good, even if it isn't as good as Boy Meets World.
>>
I miss Phineas and Ferb.
>>
>>77742836

Disney wanted to split demographics between different networks with the smallest kids watching Disney, Jr., tween boys watching Disney XD, and tween girls watching Disney Channel.

'Disney XD never caught on so they shifted animation over to it in an attempt to get people to watch the channel since it's ad-supported rather than a premium channel; it pretty much failed and just dragged down the ratings of the shows without really boosting Disney XD.

They could probably switch back to Toon Disney with an all-repeat lineup and get pretty much the same ratings they do for most of XD's lineup.
>>
>>77746651
If this experiment has failed, then why can't they just kill XD and go back to the way things were?
>>
>>77744334
why does /co/ need to force memes on a board that clearly doesn't work with most of them
>>
File: Im_A_Creep.jpg (169 KB, 535x1215) Image search: [Google]
Im_A_Creep.jpg
169 KB, 535x1215
>>77742836

Its cheap and successful. Just look at Dan "The Man Who Will Bend You Like an Empty Can" Schneider's shows and how much money they bring in. Its practically just a stage and some cgi effects any art sophomore school student from a 3D department could accomplish in his sleep, yet it brings back a lot of shekels. Cartoons on the other hand take money and time to make, and they just don't have a dedicated fanbase of underage chicks. Its better for these executives to bring in a fat guy who will produce cheap yet successful, they just have to make sure to keep him away from any young starlet's feet.
>>
>>77747388
>dedicated fanbase of underage chicks
steven universe
>>
>>77747831
>steven universe

20-something hipster sjws with weird-colored hair are not underage chicks.
>>
>>77746683
Stubbornness, and that they probably want to keep Channel the way it is, for whatever ungodly reason.
>>
>>77742836
>Gravity Falls
>popular
>good ratings

Like Wander the main reason it moved to XD was because it wasn't getting ratings on par with Phineas and Ferb and tween shit.

>>77742900
>>77744194
>Averaged from 2.5 - 3 mil when on Disney Channel.
That's pretty shit for Disney who has shows that average 4 to 6 mill on a given night.
>>
let's take all of the animators and make the lion guard, guys
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.