[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Pixar Shorts Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Lava.jpg (2 MB, 2674x3500) Image search: [Google]
Lava.jpg
2 MB, 2674x3500
>Those lyrics
>>
>>77729304
I cried bitch tears in the theater. They would not stop at all.
>>
>>77729304
Even a lava mountain will find love and someone to love it back. Why can't you?
>>
>>77729334
>>77729337
Lava was fucking awful. Worst Short Pixar's ever done.
>>
>>77729360
It's okay, anon. You don't need to be jaded. Someday, you'll find someone to lava.
>>
File: art of.jpg (780 KB, 2310x2560) Image search: [Google]
art of.jpg
780 KB, 2310x2560
I really don't get why this got an art book. The short was ok at best. Hell,should've just been an art book based on every Pixar short instead.
>>
>>77729386
Man, I'm not jaded.

Inside Out made me cry bitch tears, but this short was just downright awful.
>>
>>77729401
Could you specify the points that lead you to that conclusion?
>>
>>77729432
Different anon, short is yet another love story between two normally inanimate objects with feminine/masculine traits so we know it isn't gay.
>>
I HABE A DREAM
I HOBE WILL COME TRU
THAT UR HERE WITH ME
AND I'M HERE WITH U
I WISH THAT THE ERF, SEE, THE SKY UP ABOVE
WILL SEND ME SOMEONE TO LABA

I LABA U
I LABA U
I LABA U
>>
>>77729450
They were based on brother Iz and his wife, tumblrfuck. The whole thing was an homage to him.
>>
>>77729450

OK, so we get that you're an awful person, but that's really not a criticism of the short.
>>
>>77729432
>Dreadful lyrics filled with awful, forced half-rhymes
>Telling over showing
>Volcanoes look creepy as fuck and aren't very expressive
>>
>>77729469
>>77729471
Why are you so angry that someone doesn't like a shitty short?
>>
>>77729496
>volcanoes
>expressive
>literal rock
The fact that you can tell they're making facial expressions at all is a miracle.
>>
>>77729509

Oh, I didn't like it either. But >>77729450 should still be shot.
>>
>>77729398
Saw it in theater today. The art was okay but the product as a whole felt really forced.
>>
>>77729360
This. I can find a way to love nearly everything and yet Lava was just offputting. The lyrics were lame and the visuals were pretty in everywhere but where it counted: the fucking volcanoes.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to give them muppet mouth flaps, but their jaws flopped around way too fast. When a big stone being moves, even if it's just in the face, it should have weight.

The volcanoes in Lava looked and moved like they were made of felt and plastic
>>
>>77729360
The animation and designs were pretty impressive. Except for the design of the female Volcano in comparison to the male. She looked less like a mountain and just stood out too much.

Plus the song felt pretty generic. Just the typical romance cringe you see in almost everything.
>>
>>77729878
Actually disregard, >>77729568 summed it up much better.
>>
>>77729469
>>>77729450
>They were based on brother Iz and his wife, tumblrfuck. The whole thing was an homage to him.

This was a pure propaganda piece, Disney is throwing their weight behind the fucking idiots who are protesting against the Thirty Meter Telescope.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hawaii-supreme-court-temporarily-blocks-construction-of-giant-telescope_564b95aee4b045bf3df17cca

What kind of a fucking idiot protests a telescope? These tools are using the same kinds of tactics against this project that they used against nuclear power plants back in the 70's and 80's.

This whole thing pisses me off to no end, and Disney should be ashamed.
>>
>>77729951
why fucking build it there then? clearly these protesters wont stop so just cut your loses and move.
>>
Shmaltzy as fuck, but good for what it is.

>>77729878
Well, the dude is more volcano shaped than human.
>>
>>77730000
>>>77729951 (You)
>why fucking build it there then? clearly these protesters wont stop so just cut your loses and move.

Are you serious with this?

Mauna Kea has some of the best 'seeing' in the world. That's why they build telescopes way the fuck out there, rather than in a convenient place that isn't infested with lefty ecowacky morons.

The Atacama desert is comparable, but it's in the southern hemisphere, so the telescope wouldn't be able to see the part of the sky it can see from the north. Plus, we're already building a next-gen class telescope in Atacama.

Now, the BEST seeing is available in Antarctica...but again, that points your scope the wrong way. Southern, you see.

So, where would you move it to, smart guy?
>>
>>77729304
RAWR!

Whad'ya doing Mr Volcano?
>>
I think we can all agree that Lava sucks ass.

But what about the other Pixar shorts? Are any of them actually good?
>>
>>77730264
La Luna is pretty damn good.
>>
>>77729304
I thought Lava was decent but the lyrics were really, really cheesy.
I usually don't even mind a bit of cheese but I got a chuckle from realising he just said "Want someone to Lava"
>>
>>77730264
>I think we can all agree that Lava sucks ass

Speak for yourself, retard.
>>
>>77729304
That part where he's right behind her but can't say anything cause his mouths underwater gave me such awful anxiety
>>
File: JM013.jpg (138 KB, 888x564) Image search: [Google]
JM013.jpg
138 KB, 888x564
>>77729304
The single worst thing Pixar has done by a wide margin. I saw this twice in the theater, and both times the feeling of audience disapproval was palpable. People laughed at the end once they R so zed it was over and that was all Pixar was trying to communicate to them. Then the comments started. People fucking hated that shit
>>
>>77729398
PR. To push Pixar's progressiveness and open-mindedness more and to give more credit to their non-white directors.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.