[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFG Transformers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 47
File: 27842214.jpg (1 MB, 1982x1000) Image search: [Google]
27842214.jpg
1 MB, 1982x1000
So what's everyone theory on Cyclonus knowing he's about to get the shit shot out of him? He clearly grabbed at his sword knowing it was going to trigger the guards.
>>
>>77723703
Why is Perceptor gonna shoot Perceptor?
>>
>>77723718
Cause RID Preceptor ain't got time for G1 Preceptor's polite nerdyness.
>>
Ha. Someone drew something I mentioned in the last thread about how grumpy Megatron is going to be when he comes to.
>>
>>77723773
>>
>>77723787
>>
Wreckers any good? Someone in the last thread it was one of the best TF story line of all TIME. Is it better then MTMTE?
>>
>>77724386
I missed the last thread. What was the last comic that had been released? I remember Scavengers for MTMTE and Prime fighting the fembot combiner in the main IDW.
>>
>>77724411

#1 Sin of the Wreckers - Very awesome
#47 MTMTE - OH NO
>>
>>77724443
Was MTMTE on another thread? Last one I can find in desuarchives is Wreckers
>>
"I'd be Tailgate to their Getaway." What does that mean?
>>
File: HAHAHHAHAHAHA.png (87 KB, 136x289) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHHAHAHAHA.png
87 KB, 136x289
>>77724544
Oh wait nevermind, found it.

This issue's a goldmine for reaction images.
>>
>>77724638
Who is the best Autobot and why is it Whirl?
>>
Someone post swole Guzzle.
>>
Does Arcee seem horribly horribly out of character to anyone else? It's seems awful and it's kinda ruining the story for me thus far.
>>
File: 1448438659830.png (917 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448438659830.png
917 KB, 768x1024
>>77724741
OK I JUST FINISHED IT.

WHAT THE FUCK? CYCLONUS IS...FUCK...

and did Tailgate just do a rainboom?
>>
>>77724831
Roberts hinted sometime back that Tailgate's "crying" was something unique to him so my guess is he's some sort of outlier but no telling what that ability is there that we're seeing.
>>
>>77724852
The worst part is Megatron literally was doing nothing wrong. Whirl doesn't remember a thing and Tailgate might as well have doomed the ship to a spectral flash explosion.
>>
>>77724897
I feel especially bad for Megatron cause he was just minding his own business and before he could even react to Tailgate being there he got the shit beat out of him.
Actually it is kinda funny.
>>
>>77724852

Was that tears? I thought that was his spark advisably overloading or something.

>>77724612
I was confused by this line too.
>>
>>77724612
Meaning "I'd be the person believing someone's lies." He wants the hard truth, which he thinks only Whirl would tell him.

Getaway's a liar (in telling Tailgate he cares about him) and Tailgate's a believer. (Which is ironic considering how he tried to get everyone to like him at first, by lying.)
>>
So, what's Atomizer's and Getaway's endgame. Who are they working for, who's the head honcho.

The goal wasn't to kill Megatron, which is a huge detail in a series like MTMTE.

>>77724830

Yeah she seems a bit frantic, but I think it'll even out in future issues. I do love how much fun Roche is having with her ferocity, the flaming swords panel is great.

And on twitter he talked about how she isn't supposed to read "jealous girlfriend" but more like a missed promotion deal.

>>77724897

It was the worst. It made me angry to see how weak he is now.

>>77724612
>>77724943

What's this about?
>>
>>77724943
>Was that tears? I thought that was his spark advisably overloading or something.
He started crying and it looks like the light was spreading from his eyes and then maybe to his spark? Hard to tell with only the two or three panels.
>>
File: 1442003094934.jpg (487 KB, 678x905) Image search: [Google]
1442003094934.jpg
487 KB, 678x905
>>77724831
>rainboom
>>
>>77724852
>>77724943
>>77724994

Tailgate's tears are light filaments from overheating. Not fluid
>>
>>77725009
Yes we know that. We have covered that many many times.
>>
>>77724972
>(Which is ironic considering how he tried to get everyone to like him at first, by lying.)

Was that to get people to like him? I thought that was so people wouldn't look down at him at the very least.

Back when I was in high school and worked as a waiter, the bus boys would lie about being Italian instead of Mexican. I didn't like them any more or else cause of their position, but I knew some other waiters liked them more because of it.
>>
>>77724995
let's be honest, that's probably the reason the publicity blurb referenced a "FRIENDSHIP ISN'T MAGIC!"
>>
>>77725029

Wanted to make that sure after that one godawful Windblade issues.

I don't want another there's no alternate universe to happen.
>>
>>77724830

She's a fucking lunatic who, for whatever reason, is Prowl's lap dog.

It's fine.
>>
>>77724831
>>77724995
>didn't know what a rainboom was
>google it

You faggots.
>>
>>77725058
Point taken, shame we have to spell everything out and be as blunt as possible.
>>
>>77725067
not surprising really. Two franchises under one roof.
>>
>>77725065
It's not fine compared to all the recent character development she's been getting in exRiD.
>>
>>77725108

She's still a crazy, stab happy bitch.
>>
A while back, someone was pushing the idea of Prowl and Cyclonus switching bodies as the end game of Prowl's arc and as a means to preserve Cyclonus's character development in the event Hasbro might one day demand Cyclonus be a villain again. Could this be the groundwork being laid for this in this week's books?

As for Tailgate; assuming Chromedrome can read his memories, he'll be fine. But Getaway and Atomizer could wipe their own memories or worse, try and bring Tailgate's own past as a fibber to try and deny being responsible for the attack.

As for Megatron, perhaps he'll shrug off the attack by pointing out that he was disappointed the rest of the Autobots had not try and kill him yet and out Whirl's previous attack too, to ensure Whirl gets punished too for his role in this plan.
>>
>>77725151
Not like this, it's so over the top it's comical.
>>
>>77725165
>A while back, someone was pushing the idea of Prowl and Cyclonus switching bodies
That's just some crazy idiot from /toy/ who doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>77725184

She might actually be worried about Prowl.

I mean, did you see how she reacted when the message said the he wanted Springer to save him? It hurt her. She's hurt. She's hurt and she's worried and she's got something to prove.
>>
>>77725151

Was there a part in SOTW that made you think she's crazy?

>>77725184

I think she's pushing the angle to be intimidating to Verity.
>>
>>77725165
>As for Tailgate; assuming Chromedrome can read his memories, he'll be fine. But Getaway and Atomizer could wipe their own memories or worse, try and bring Tailgate's own past as a fibber to try and deny being responsible for the attack.

That's when you start adding a body count to the equation. They shut CD up, and Rewind's like WTF. Then they go after Rewind, and then Ultra Magnus will be like WTF and so forth until Roddy wises up and connects the dots. "Huh...that's weird. Anytime anyone mentions Getaway, he sure starts to get real nervous...and then that person's memory gets erased....Huh...weird.
>>
>>77725247
>Was there a part in SOTW that made you think she's crazy?

Probably the part where she attacked another Autobot and held a human girl at sword point. And knocked out Kup because she didn't want anyone else to go save his husbandu.
>>
So back to OP's Question. Now that I re-read that page, yeah looks like Cyclonus did that on purpose. But why. WHY ROBERTS!?
>>
>>77725244
This isn't only hurt. This feels like Roche has his ideal of what he wanted Arcee to be and in this case it's a major step back and I'm very disappointed.
>>
I want Prowl to be the guy who masterminded Getaway and Whirl and Atomizer's plot.

They need to stop the bullshit with MTMTE being utterly divorced from the main storylines. They have zero interest in actually advancing the plot, so they might as well just abandon these go nowhere shit storylines and relocate everyone back to Cybertron or fucking Earth and be done with it. The Knights of Cybertron/Dominus are the new Dead Universe plotline that have become a black hole of suck.

Hell, sticking everyone on Earth would at least give a reason for the shitty holo-avatars and tumblrisms that are all over the place existing in the book.

Let Dethsaruz kill the DJD to finish up that plotline and have Misfire and his group get the shit kicked out of them and dragged kicking and screaming back to Galvatron's Decepticon army.

Megatron meanwhile can be kept prisoner of the Lost Light gang on Earth and only allowed out in public in gun mode.
>>
>>77725270

I think you need to reread and remember the stakes. Verity is the number one clue to finding Prowl, and Prowl is a huge, huge security risk. A lot of shit in MTMTE and RiD alone happened because of Chromedome doing a careless dig in his mind. Prowl is fucking important.

Why wouldn't Arcee point her with a sword? She's the top suspect at this point, and the matter is urgent as all hell.

Kup-thing I'll give you, somewhat. But I think it's more like >>77725244 said and that she wants to prove Prowl she's just as reliable as Springer. Prowl wanted Springer for the job because of his Tenacity. Arcee doesn't want to be the second to that.

If you've read exRiD, you'll see a lot of connection with Arcee's character and why she cares about finding Prowl so much. She cares for Cybertron.
>>
>>77725215
Makes perfect sense. Prowl's practically a Decepticon already so why not put him in a 'Con's body to complete the rebranding? And making Cyclonus Prowl means we never have to worry about a major sword hanging over the character's head: that one day, SOMEONE is going to demand Cyclonus be a villain 'cause that was what he was in the cartoon and all of the character growth and development will be tossed out the window.

They lucked out with Combiner Wars, but as more and more Hasbro is calling the tune for the comics, sooner or later the writers will be given the order to make Cyclonus evil again to promote his new toy. Especially if we get Cyclonus in the live action movie as a villain.
>>
>>77725448
Weird. Prowl acting like a bad guy, Barricade a good guy.

What a lovely world they're living in.
>>
>>77725356
All of this is just horrible, you are just horrible.
>>
>>77725448
Cyclonus would have a better chance of being a genericon like the Dreads in the next live action than the main villain.
>>
>>77725448
>Makes perfect sense. Prowl's practically a Decepticon already so why not put him in a 'Con's body to complete the rebranding?
>so why not put him in a 'Con's body
>>so why not put him in a 'Con's body
>>put him in a 'Con's body
What the fuck is wrong with you you crazy fuck. You've been told this is insane and stupid multiple times. I get that it's your personal desire and headcanon but stop pushing it for fucks sakes.
>>
>>77725448

Stop reading the fucking comics if you don't get what being a con is about. It's not about someone's goddamn personality.
>>
>>77725561
Reading that bit a few times, I realized he literally was in a con's body in Combiner wars
>>
I think the problem with Arcee is that no matter how much there is a push to move Arcee away from the "axe crazy 'Bot who is axe crazy because he was forcibly turned female against his will" take that defines Arcee in the IDW continuity, the writers fall back on it like a crutch far too often.

We would not have this problem if they just fucking get over their Furman hate and just use Grimlock in this role, instead of Arcee.

It also goes towards the general fail with the Autobots featured in RiD; Optimus fucked up hugely by picking the most disloyal bunch of assholes to take with him to Earth, nor did he fucking realize he fucked up and forced everyone back to Cybertron with him.

Arcee and Prowl just can not be trusted, PERIOD. Sky Lynx will sell Prime out for extra helpings of supper. Cosmo is treated like shit by everyone, so much so that he's now hanging out with Soundwave because Soundwave is the only person who treats him like an equal and not a slave. Sideswipe's a pussy who lets Arcee treat him like shit. The Constructicons turned out to be loyal only to Prowl..

That leaves only Jazz and Jetfire and again, Arcee and Prowl's bitches both of them.
>>
>>77725635
>the writers fall back on it like a crutch far too often.
This. And I am sick of it. And I thought Roche was more competent than this.
>>
>>77725635

>crazy because

Here you might very well be wrong. We have no idea what Arcee was like before Jhiaxus, who's to say she wasn't like a Wrecker before? Bloodthirsty as the best of them.

We wouldn't have this problem if you could just get over your Furman hate.

>>77725669

And you too, just get over Spotlight: Arcee already. She's an assassin.
>>
>>77725635
What's Skylynx's story?
>>
>>77725682
>And you too, just get over Spotlight: Arcee already. She's an assassin.
This has nothing to do with Spotlight Arcee. Have you not been reading exrid at all??? Arcee was past this point. She had improved. Even under the pressure's there she had not reverted like this. I hate to pull this out because it's so overused by trolls here but Arcee's oddities in SotW so far can be said to be bad writing.
>>
>>77725700

He's a dog.

Want him to do something? Give him a bowl--literally, he eats out of a bowl--of premium energon and he'll do anything you ask.
>>
>>77725682
Anon I don't think you read either of the posts you quoted very well or your reading comprehension is awful...
>>
>>77725635
Sideswipe's still pretty loyal.
>>
>>77725635
Agree about Prime's crew sucking so bad.

They should liberate a bunch of guys from MMTME and move them to the main book.

Ratchet, so we can get the Ratchet/Prime bro-mance back into effect

Chromedrome/Rewind because they need a break from the misery train that is Lost Lights and they can join Thundercracker in setting up house on Earth

Sire/Nightbeat, so we can canonize them as gay plus turn them into proper Headmasters with Earthling partners.

I'd also toss in Swoop too, since he could use a break from having to babysit the rest of the assholes in the Dinobots and maybe Drift too, especially if he gets his RID '15 body.
>>
File: refresher.png (438 KB, 752x330) Image search: [Google]
refresher.png
438 KB, 752x330
>>77725723

Pal, she's picking up the trash on Cybertron. She wants to protect Cybertron. The Aequitas leaking or Prowl prowling too much is a threat to that.
>>
>>77725635
You forgot Kup, who in the AHM coda issues, was revealed to have been reprogrammed against his will as a slave of Prowl's so that he could further manipulate Prime into doing evil by way of having Kup parrot a lot of Prowl's ideas (something that they may be bringing back up in Sins of the Wreckers)
>>
>>77725820
Can't believe I'm saying this, but her black camo is suiting her better for her IDW personality.
>>
>>77724852
Are you sure? Last issue of exRiD gave Cosmos the same crying effect, and I feel like Chromedome or Rewind have done the same thing.
>>
>>77725820
I'm not your Pal, Buddy.
And she's so hyper-aggressive in SotW that the picture you posted there that's supposed to be your "proof" is laughable.
I think Roche wanted badass Arcee and turned the dial up to 11 because it would be "cool" and "edgy" and it's only coming across as childish.
>>
It was shown quickly this issue, but remember that Cyclonus used the sparksword to channel his Vector Sigma energy into Tailgate, curing him of cybercrosis and reviving him. Next month's solicits state that a god is walking the halls, killing anything simply with the power of thought,
So, something entered Cyclonus during Chaos, was put into Tailgate in Remain in Light, and has now exited Tailgate due to his extra-excessive crying (the tears being extra energy, right?), and is either acting of it's own accord or is being made to attack the crew by Tailgate's sadness/anger.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 284x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 284x331
>>77725770
>Swoop
>>
>>77725757
He's loyal but he's a pussy. Arcee and Prowl walk all over him. IIRC Arcee even beat the shit out of him and stole his jetpack.

Same with Jazz and Jetfire.

>>77725700
What >>77725735 said. Put a bowl of food in front of him and he'll do whatever Prowl and Arcee want him to do.
>>
File: boom goes the badgeless.png (616 KB, 833x388) Image search: [Google]
boom goes the badgeless.png
616 KB, 833x388
>>77725880

Alrighto amigo.

I don't know what's your cognitive dissonance, but it might be the art which IS dialed up to eleven. But here she straight up murders this dude because he might upset the peace.

In SOTW she knocked out Kup, wanting to get ahead of him. She pointed a sword at a person of interest, and..?

The pic was supposed to be more relevant to the fact that she's still herself in exRiD. Not to show off violence but you seem to dig it so.
>>
>>77725635
>I think the problem with Arcee is that no matter how much there is a push to move Arcee away from the "axe crazy 'Bot who is axe crazy because he was forcibly turned female against his will" take that defines Arcee in the IDW continuity, the writers fall back on it like a crutch far too often.

I don't think thatas a crutch i think that its just beign consisstent.
shes trying to be a better person, but its hard to just switch off, being a violent person.

Arcee is atleast as old as Shockwave which is really fucking , and she spent most of that time on a rampage.
>>
>>77725770
Don't forget the prime-worshipping camiens. Aileron is like his fangirl.
>>
>>77725826
I think that's why kup managed to get them into prowls room as well?
>>
>>77725944
Dude.
Look at her face alone even.
Arcee does still murder, we all know that.
It's that she's full psychopath about it again like she was back at the very beginning of exrid.
If you can't see the difference at all then we will have to agree to disagree.
>>
The talk about how Prime has the worst team ever makes the upcoming "Prime conquers Earth" storyline even sadder in terms of things that will end badly.

The only way it works out is if Prime gets rid of his entire team and replaces them with the Bots from Windblade/CW storyline: Ironhide, Chromia, Windblade, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, and Mirage. Granted, that leaves Cybertron with ZERO counterbalance to keep Starscream in line, but at this point, Prime is following the failure path like all of the previous Primes that I wonder if he cares anymore.
>>
>>77725951
Aileron is cute though
>>
>>77726000
IDW Optimu is Worst Optimus
>>
>>77726008
Between her, Tailgate and Nickel, they're the moes of IDW right now.
>>
>>77725983

Okay, sounds fair enough. Let's agree to disagree, even if I DO agree about there being growth. Her reasons for doing stuff are different, but she does the same stuff. I'll post this panel still because the coloring is really nice.

>>77726000

I think that the Torchbearers are going to build him into the Prime that Caminus wants, and that means he's going to be manipulated a bit. The solicits already inform us that yes, Cons and humans are not going to be all happy about his plans.
>>
>>77726000
Prime as the bad guy without a hint of purple hue. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 720x960
What would Galvatron say if he could see Cyclonus now?
>>
>>77726026
It's kind of disappointing how he's gotten worse as time goes on. The self loathing's, and doubt have gone on for too long, but from the look of things, it's only getting worse.

At least Megatron stayed true to his beliefs for a very long time.
>>
>>77726076
>>77726026
He's staying really close to status quo personalities as fat as his development's going.

I almost think that even Bay Optimus is more interesting at this point.
>>
>>77726034
>I'll post this panel still because the coloring is really nice.
Yes, yes, I see you're still trying to belabor that point and I still disagree.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
So I just picked up on RB again. Didn't know there was a season 4 coming. This asshole is my favorite. Hope he sticks around with the other new guy. I love them.
>>
>>77726101

No I legit posted it because I already cropped it but we agreed to disagree and then I thought that hey it's a neat panel, might as well.

Sorry for offending.
>>
>>77726076
You forgot to mention Megatron's personality shift after his first few appearances. He's described as a ruthless no-nonsense kind of guy, but after his exposure to Ultra Energon he's constantly talking in fights and has a maniacal grin.
>>
>>77726000
This is where the shades of grey/"The Decepticons Are the Real Heroes" bullshit of IDW makes me sick.

At best, IDW Prime is a hopeless tool of the status quo at best.

Seriously, he was willing to prop up and support ultra-ultra corrupt Primes and the Senate, in a futile attempt to "change the system from within" only to find out the hard way that it was flat out impossible to change the system legally after Shockwave (his BFF and mentor) got maimed/disfigured/lobotomized for standing up to Sentinel and the Senate.

At worst, Prime's a pussy who refuses to stand up for his ideals, lets monsters like Prowl run rampant and not step in to stop them until they announce their intention to commit GENOCIDE and who has little competence running shit. Ultra Magnus is a better leader than Optimus in the IDW comics, which says something given how UM is historically portrayed as criminally inept at leadership in all other canons.

Megatron may be a complete and total monster, but he's pretty much able to get shit done whereas Prime won't get his shit together unless he's been betrayed or watched people die.

I know the modern asshole finds people like Prime too goody goody or "not realistic" but it's sad how low Prime has fallen. Even Rodimus in IDW has his shit together better than Prime does!
>>
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 791x1200
>>77726000
Sorry to disappoint, anon, but it's already been confirmed all of the current crew members who survive are sticking around. Superion, Victorion, Aileron, and Sunstreaker are all joining, though.
>>
Why is Cyclonus so...openly and feely in the begging of this episode? Seems so out of character for him.
>>
File: Whirl DC.png (468 KB, 500x479) Image search: [Google]
Whirl DC.png
468 KB, 500x479
>>77725165
Now that I think about it. Given Whirl's temperment, Getaway and Atomizer best as hell hope he NEVER gets that memory back. He would very likely make a multi issue event out of the beat-down he'd deliver.
>>
>>77726094
Thats nothing to be ashamed of, Bay pirme has been the highlight of every film.

He always gets the best lines, and best moments, ive long said the true leading actor of the Movies are Peter cullen.
>>
>>77724831
The fact that it was a rainbow explosion somehow made this comic even gayer. Holy shit, I'm so tired of gay robots.
>>
File: 1390923613888.png (267 KB, 477x623) Image search: [Google]
1390923613888.png
267 KB, 477x623
>>77726418
I...I want this now. Really badly.
>>
>>77726439
This clearly isn't the comic for you then. It's amazing people keep complaining about this knowing full well it is what it is.
Like if you bought a dog and wouldn't quit complaining that it's not a cat.
>>
>>77726479
I can't believe the fandom OTP is actually becoming an OTP.
>>
>>77726148
>Even Rodimus in IDW has his shit together better than Prime does!

Lets not get crazy.
>>
>>77726528
I wonder how much things would change if we swapped Rodimus with another Rodimus.
>>
>>77726439
>I'm so tired of gay robots

Then MTME straight up isn't the book for you man.

try RID or EXrid
>>
File: tumblr_moirn1FzZY1qkn6dco1_500.jpg (91 KB, 450x616) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moirn1FzZY1qkn6dco1_500.jpg
91 KB, 450x616
>>77726551
G1 rodimus is idw Optimus with more self esteem issues...so not good
>>
>>77726435
Meanwhile, Bee has been in every movie and the most development he's got was reverse development, when movie 1 had him sacrificing his limbs for the war while 4 has him throwing childish tantrums when he was chastized by Drift for being too childish.
>>
>>77726418
just have chromedome get whirl a fixer-upper.
>>
>>77726528
He's on the other spectrum of disappointment. He starts off well, is still decent in Maximum Dinobots, and AHM but, goes through a really odd arc in the Ongoing, then goes to shit in MTMTE.

You'd think after her he revealed his hand in the Overlord incident, he'd get better, but he sure as hell didn't.
>>
File: masterpiece hot rod 10.jpg (80 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece hot rod 10.jpg
80 KB, 600x600
>>77726676
True, but he is considerably more decisive than IDW Rodimus. He also had an end to that character arc just before G1 Prime came back.

>>77726735
What makes things worse is that we've between Doubledealer, going AWOL in the old ongoing, and Overlord we had at least THREE big events where he swears he'll do better afterwards.
>>
>>77726707
It's kind of sad looking back at IDW Bee.

He starts out as a regular soldier, less childish than previous depictions. He stays in this role until he becomes the leader and then... he gets shat on constantly.

When Optimus is around, he always took over, but when he was leader, no one took him seriously or belittled him for not being Optimus, and when he finally gets respect and actually accomplishes things, they kill him.
>>
File: tumblr_nuusb91RcJ1qk4w32o1_1280.jpg (634 KB, 1200x1857) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuusb91RcJ1qk4w32o1_1280.jpg
634 KB, 1200x1857
>>77726707
I do like how "Bee pretending to be cute, and is super immature" manages to to be consistent though

>>77726735
the gulf between How Roche and furman wrote Hot Rod and how Roberts writes Rodimus is amazing
>>
>>77726919
>accomplishes things

Like loosing Cybertron to Starscream?

really as bad as rodimus's reign has been bee's makes him look like captain america
>>
>>77727026
During Dark Cybertron, it looked like Bee was finally settling into his role, and during the event he manages to accomplish something no one else thought possible.

Yes, he lost Cybertron to Starscream, but if it weren't for him and his team, there wouldn't have been any Nails or Autobots to bitch about it.
>>
>>77727026
I still found it hilarious how despite everything that happened, Starscream was the only one who got what he wanted, and right now he's getting shat on by everyone including his own hallucinations.
>>
>>77726439
It's always been gay. Get out of the closet or stay in there and shut the hell you.
>>
>>77724973
Poison energon ain't for laughs and rainbows mate
>>
>>77726479
That's not fair
early MTMTE was no where near this fucking gay
Hell, it took forever for them to even establish a canon gay relationship, and then fucking killed it off.
But ever since megs joined, it's been GAY GAY GAY.

Which is odd, since we have mes instead of drift now, and somehow the gayest relationship outside of CD-RW being gone it STILL manages to outgay at every angle.

Plenty of us like the stories that don't revolve around relationships, and I even like the plot elements and the whirl characterization in this issue, but seriously, Roberts could be doing some really fantastic work if he wasn't so hung up on writing relationships.

I at least understand that the sheer volume of males means there will be gay relationships, but holy crap, Roberts (or maybe it's the artists fault too) is running hard with it.
>>
>>77726418
Whirl having no memory is saving him from being held responsible in the next chapter.
Especially since he set all his clocks to 113 to hint to Cyclonus that they were going after Megs.
>>
>>77727670

To be honest it's the fandom's fault of seeing the gay everywhere.

The Cyclonus/Tailgate can be read as a samurai + his apprentice one, where Cyclonus is protective over Tailgate. He loves him, but not in the romantical way, in a protective way.

On Tailgate's end, I think he's crushing on Cyc. And I don't blame him.
>>
>>77727670
To be honest, I've never really seen their relationship as either apprentice nor homosexual. They're friends who look out for each other, with Cyclonus being the big bro over his naive little bro. It's not explicit romantic, and Cyclonus is just the kind of guy who's willing to show everyone that he's not a Decepticon despite his build and model-type.
>>
>>77727691
Wasn't that the explaination for Airazor being changed into a guy for the Japanese Beast Wars dub?
>>
>>77727691
>The Cyclonus/Tailgate can be read as a samurai + his apprentice one, where Cyclonus is protective over Tailgate. He loves him, but not in the romantical way, in a protective way.
From Cyclonus' perspective, perhaps. Your analogy is off though, as that's not really how samurai worked. Samurai were a much larger class and only those from prestigious families ended up studying under very specific, influential samurai. Most were all trained by their own families with no apprenticeship.
Tailgate, however, has been shown several times as wanting a romantic interaction with Cyclonus, and Cyclonus' unwillingness to emote is the reason that Tailgate was so easily used by Getaway.
Like all of roberts relationships, it's an EXTREMELY unhealthy one.
Also, given what I've seen of roberts, I don't think he knows anything about samurais, Victorian school marms, or, well, any historical stereotype. Which is fine, but I get the impression he thinks he does.
>>
>>77727691
To be fair

When they met with Elita-1, the first thing they showed was lesbians.

They're very much focusing on gay romance in these comics, and the "there's no females" excuse doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>77727670
You're looking too much at the fandom and then having a knee-jerk reaction to the comic mate. There is some gay there but not the amount you're sperging about.
>>
>>77727779
That was windblade, which is basically SJW, the series.

Honestly, Roberts writing windblade would probably do exactly what they want, AND produce a better story, but windblade is their flagship female creatives, so they won't do that.

politics make for some shitty comics.
>>
>>77727755

Yeah, that's how they were portrayed as over there. Until the very end the dubbers just went "screw this okay let's explain to the kids that some men love men."

>>77727769

It is not a 100% analogy, of course not. But seeing that Cyclonus is a samurai with no lord to serve, I think that a big part of his S1 character was finding new purpose. Protecting and teaching Tailgate (like he confesses to Whirl in #47) is that purpose. He even worries about him falling into the wrong crowd.

I'd give him a little more credit on the historical references though, he's not going to use the lot of them straight. And the school marm thing I think is connected to being old-fashioned, mentor figure and, well, old.

>>77727779

Scott has a hard time trying to please her crowd. That's the only reason they were there. She's not interested in writing relationships, and added the pair as tokens.
>>
>>77727802
roughly 85% of the relationships in the comic are gay, and that includes lezbots now.

I say that with the fact there aren't a lot of relationships, but the majority of them are gay.
>>
File: 1445629376958.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445629376958.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>77727769
>Like all of roberts relationships, it's an EXTREMELY unhealthy one.
You're not one of these guys are you.
>>
I really do want IDW Chromia and Ironhide to wind up together, though I know full well it's not going to happen.
>>
>>77727821
Yes but that's not 85% of the comics, so calm your raging tits.
>>
>>77727821

Do you call all relationships that are m/m interaction gay, or do you only count romantic ones?
>>
>>77727814
Didn't Roberts declare Nautica will never have a Lover?

And despite that she keeps getting awfully close to all the blue bots on the Lost Light.
>>
>>77727802
uh, really?
Because this season we have literally bringing back the canon gay relationship (from the dead), establishing a competing courtship between Getaway and Cyclonus (even if cyclonus wasn't actually trying, he's involved), Nautica and the Lesbians (like seriously, are all camiens lesbian except chromia?) the search for Rewind's not so dead ex lover?
There's a lot of gay here.

I wasn't saying THIS issue was particularly gay, just that this season was.
>>
>>77727854

>implying guys and girls can't just be friends

>>77727861

CDRW, GateAway and a literally one-line mention of lesbians. Dominus is a plotline.

And I'd like to bring your attention to Swift and Lightbright.
>>
>>77727861
>are all camiens lesbian except chromia

Chromia's very much lesbian, she wants Windblade.

She's a lesbian because she was straight in G1, and everything must be not-G1 in IDW.
>>
>>77727861
>I wasn't saying THIS issue was particularly gay, just that this season was.
I misunderstood you then.
But I also don't see the problem with the other things mentioned but then I like the world building of how the robots actually interact on a day to day basis (yes, even if gay).
>>
>>77727824
huh?

Roberts likes writing damaged people in unhealthy relationships

like, that's why we all read it.

I don't get how it's related to make believe able-ism.
>>
>>77727896
He's a homophobe, no point in reasoning with him.
>>
File: 1405422253167.png (229 KB, 356x467) Image search: [Google]
1405422253167.png
229 KB, 356x467
>>77727920
>>
>>77727896
>And I'd like to bring your attention to Swift and Lightbright.
ah, I forgot about the surprisingly good dinobots story
>>77727900
>Chromia's very much lesbian, she wants Windblade.
I think they actually said in an interview that they wouldn't be making her a lesbian specifically because of her connection with ironhide, but I only heard that here in TFG, so maybe it was all lies.
>>
>>77727906

I don't think CDRW is more of a realistic relationship, than a straight-up unhealthy one. They communicate, and try to support each other in times of trouble. They don't seem abusive towards each other either.

Sure Chromedome is a horrible person and Rewind has trouble letting go and causes second banana feelings, but I think that doesn't make it unhealthy, imo.
>>
>>77727936
Perfect.

Also, speaking of Nautica, we haven't seen her since Getaway was dancing with Tailgate in the THUNDERCLASH's prewake.
>>
>>77727947

Regarding Chromia, Scott said that she wrote Chromia/Windblade interactions based on her and her sister. I don't think that's really lesbians there.

She also said that she wrote Ironhide/Chromia interactions as "teases" for the fans of the G1 pair but that it is not an actual couple.

She's a mess.
>>
>>77727947
>they wouldn't be making her a lesbian specifically because of her connection with ironhide

Actually it was because they want her to have a sisterly relationship with Windblade instead of romantic. Ironhide's got nothing to do with it, but I wouldn't expect to see them hook up.
>>
>>77727960
Sad, they seem like a good way to show functional crossculture relations between Cybertronians and Camenians.

But really I just think Chromia needs a good dicking and Ironhide deserves to be the one to do it after all he's been through.
>>
>>77727991

I'd say Ironhide needs a good dicking. Dude's fucking depressed
>>
File: 1111785697.jpg (55 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1111785697.jpg
55 KB, 500x667
>>77727991
>But really I just think Chromia needs a good dicking
>>
>>77727904
>(yes, even if gay).
the problem isn't that it's gay
the problem is that it seems as though roberts is substituting far more interesting personal interactions with rather superficial romance, something that Transformers comics were rarely about.
I'd go so far as to say a great example of non-relationship roberts writing is the scavengers. That was some great work (even if the dialogue was a little ham-fisted).
Another thing many of us get irritated about is that we're HOW many issues in? And in many, many ways it's still the Cyclonus and Tailgate show, guest starring Rodimus, Whirl, and various background characters.
Just look at the first season versus the second season (why are they even called seasons? I have no clue) it's just a huge shift in the type of stories, the type of character development. The hunt for Brainstorm started to go in the direction so many of us had enjoyed, but still had several weird moments.
I don't think I can state my case better, so that'll be it for me.
>>
>>77728003
He died, came back to life and had to get rid of the fucking swarm, dude needs robopussy bad.
>>
>>77725897
welp now it's a give in that the "god" came from whatever just happened to tailgate

the shadow on the cover even has the same outline shape as tailgate, wonder if the god will look like him :T
>>
>>77728018

No he needs a dicking
>>
>>77727960
>>77727968
as all of us on /co/ know...
sometimes sisterly writing can confuse people into lesbianish writing...

Why, Frozen, why?
>>
>>77728033

Some folks are just desperate for lesbians

And then they complain about them
>>
>>77728027
Seconding this.
>>
>>77728048
the carpet's always greener on the other side.
>>
>>77728019
>the shadow on the cover even has the same outline shape as tailgate
where's this outline of TailGod
>>
File: tumblr_nwkwnv56hd1qgokzao1_1280.jpg (393 KB, 850x1299) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwkwnv56hd1qgokzao1_1280.jpg
393 KB, 850x1299
>>77728099
>>
>>77728126
Who's behind Tailgate
>>
File: lesbot.png (185 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
lesbot.png
185 KB, 307x386
>>77728058

Did you just
>>
>>77728019
This looks nothing like Tailgate.
>>
>>77727991
>>77727837

Did we Forget Chromia is Almost as bad as Getaway?

Ironhide Deserves better
>>
>>77728140

Thunderclash
>>
>>77728191
>Did we Forget Chromia is Almost as bad as Getaway?

You mean that she's a xenophobic terrorist?
>>
>>77728167
>MIND GAMES! The crew of the Lost Light are caught off guard when a dead friend appears out of the blue. But there's no time for a happy reunion: someone else has found his way onto the ship—someone with the power to tear the crew apart.

What does it mean?
>>
>>77728198
Wow

Some legendary hero.
>>
>>77728167
Wrong cover.
>>
>>77728203
Yeah that little quirk.
>>
>>77728243
It's the cover for the next issue, and is very obviously the same person mentioned in #49's solicit.
>>
>>77728259
But we were talking about the shadow that looked like Tailgate, not the outline of the figure whos walking away that looks nothing like Tailgate. I'm not saying thats not the god thing or whatever, just that that's not the cover we were referring to.
>>
Is Tailgate the new Wheelie?

Because I'm getting very tired of him.
>>
>>77728289
...you know, I never thought about it before, but Tailgate is kind of the series Bumblebee, the "rookie" character meant to appeal to kids, and yet there's no kids to appeal to.
>>
>>77728320

Believe it or not, kids read this series.
>>
>>77728334
Proof?
>>
File: monsters.png (21 KB, 542x115) Image search: [Google]
monsters.png
21 KB, 542x115
>>77728347

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/668208667972476929
>>
>>77728387
Wish there was more than one tweet. I would like to know how many children bothers to read or buy+read the issues.
>>
>>77728451

I'm fairly sure JRo has had people telling him earlier that they read the comics for their kids too. There even was a person who thought about using MTMTE as a class project.
>>
>>77725096
>Two franchises under one hoof.
FTFY
>>
>>77726158
>Superion
>2 jet arms
>2 jet legs
Suck it, Alpha Bravo.
>>
>>77728191
It's a scale thing.

Getaway, who was acting like a creep and was going to get an innocent killed is worse than-
Chromia, who killed three innocents in a terrorist strike, and is worse than-
Whirl, who helped turn a cold war hot, and beat up a bunch of prisoners, and is worse than-
Megatron, who slaughtered something like half his species, and who knows how many other organic races, and is still worse than-
Tailgate, who set off the aforementioned war, because he wanted a curly straw.
>>
>>77727952
She was in the Swearth issue too.
>>
File: freaking inapproriate.jpg (27 KB, 388x192) Image search: [Google]
freaking inapproriate.jpg
27 KB, 388x192
>>
File: His last drink.jpg (31 KB, 290x265) Image search: [Google]
His last drink.jpg
31 KB, 290x265
>>
File: Gettabae.jpg (23 KB, 274x233) Image search: [Google]
Gettabae.jpg
23 KB, 274x233
>>
File: Oh bother.jpg (17 KB, 172x243) Image search: [Google]
Oh bother.jpg
17 KB, 172x243
>>
File: Hubcapg1.jpg (37 KB, 300x442) Image search: [Google]
Hubcapg1.jpg
37 KB, 300x442
So why did the Wreckers bring this twitchy communications guy with them? Could it be any more obvious that he's death fodder?
>>
File: you tell me.jpg (18 KB, 201x203) Image search: [Google]
you tell me.jpg
18 KB, 201x203
>>
File: The pizza is free.jpg (47 KB, 592x506) Image search: [Google]
The pizza is free.jpg
47 KB, 592x506
>>
>>77730903

I know he's going to die but man. I like him. A lot. why we gotta wreck
>>
>>
>>77730937

I don't trust him. I can't tell if the way he was interacting with Impactor was due to nerviousness or if the guy is just some kind of weirdo. Especially since Roadbuster says he can read all kinds of frequencies no one else can. That bot is a liability.
>>
File: conflicted.jpg (19 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
conflicted.jpg
19 KB, 207x207
>>77730937
For some reason, I feel some bit more remorse for minor character robots in this series than minor character humans in others. I felt something for Kup's random kill in his spotlight and the poor Autobot in Garrus-9 during the Scavengers' debut in MTMTE
>>
>>77730950
Yeah, possibly his constant stopping and starting is because to him, near silence sounds like a crowded room. He hears so much information, that he's constantly in five different conversations.
>>
File: issues.jpg (20 KB, 204x209) Image search: [Google]
issues.jpg
20 KB, 204x209
>>
File: in a totally bro way.jpg (19 KB, 206x204) Image search: [Google]
in a totally bro way.jpg
19 KB, 206x204
>>
File: oh wait you were serious.jpg (36 KB, 261x536) Image search: [Google]
oh wait you were serious.jpg
36 KB, 261x536
>>
File: hip hip-who cares.jpg (50 KB, 202x200) Image search: [Google]
hip hip-who cares.jpg
50 KB, 202x200
>>
File: is Cyclonus gay for me.jpg (21 KB, 232x298) Image search: [Google]
is Cyclonus gay for me.jpg
21 KB, 232x298
>>
File: contemplating.jpg (18 KB, 165x222) Image search: [Google]
contemplating.jpg
18 KB, 165x222
>>
File: Can I panic now.jpg (51 KB, 713x363) Image search: [Google]
Can I panic now.jpg
51 KB, 713x363
>>
File: Come with me to neverland.jpg (125 KB, 1037x848) Image search: [Google]
Come with me to neverland.jpg
125 KB, 1037x848
>>
Can you please not image spam the thread to death? It's not funny or cute. It's annoying.
>>
>>77731080

Dude they're reaction images to save. Are you new?
>>
File: chokes externally.jpg (44 KB, 606x292) Image search: [Google]
chokes externally.jpg
44 KB, 606x292
>>77731074
>>
>>77731080
Reaction images from the new issue. It's not a fetish dump, don't worry.
>>
I don't know if it's discussed yet, but what's the speculation on how Megatron would react to the situation he found himself in? The weakest Autobot had tried to 'pneumo' him.
>>
>>77723773
why would he be grumy,
you think he wasn't used to it?
he spent a lot of time with Starscream
>>
>>77731233

He though he was done with that shit
>>
>>77731233
Starscream wasn't THIS direct, or at least he's probably expecting someone to pull a very complicated plot like Ramjet did in his spotlight.
>>
>>77731199
I think a simple "what the fuck" sums it up best.
>>
>>77731273
I forgot that IDW Starsrceam is actually smart

we'll never have a Starscream Spotlight
>>
>>77731349
> IDW Starsrceam is actually smart
>>
>>77731405

Ignore Scott
>>
>>77731405
>Scott
he's not a scientist but he's not a complete idiot
also:
>>77731414
>>
>>77731414
I feel like IDW Starscream is clever at times, but calling him Smart is giving him to much clever
>>
>>77731446
Shit

*Credit
>>
>>77731349
Waiting for the right time, or the right reason.

Like probably something taking place before his IDW death or whatever
>>
>>77731325
Considering his phobia of needles, I'd say I'm excited for next month's Mega-PTSD
>>
>>77732484
Starsrceam's spark turns out to be immortal becomes a ghost and hunt Astrotrain for the rest of his undead life
>>
>>77731233
Cause he was asleep. I would be grumpy too if that's how I was woken up when I only get to sleep once a week.
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.