[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw the Good Dinosaur. It was Good. The plot, from beginning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: good dinosaur Spot.jpg (2 MB, 2472x1707) Image search: [Google]
good dinosaur Spot.jpg
2 MB, 2472x1707
Just saw the Good Dinosaur. It was Good.

The plot, from beginning to end, is very predictable. So don't expect any twists or surprises in the story. But the way it was executed was actually pretty unique compared to other Pixar films. This is probably the most darkest Pixar film to date. There are many violent and intense moments, which contributes to the film's uniqueness. Lots of heartwarming moments too, especially if you're a pet owner. All in all, it's basically the exact same Pixar story formula you expect, but with a very different flavor to it. If you want to be told the same old story but in a unique way, I think it's worth watching.

My only warnings are the Blue Sky Studio-tier villains that act way too over the top. As well as the rotten fruit. If you see them eat rotten fruit, brace for impact...
>>
>>77720626
>rotten fruit

what's gonna happen?
>>
>>77720820
the dinosaur and the kid go on a psychedelic trip

visuals are pretty sick in this and the movie is a lot of fun . but it is point for point the lion king

-the Dadosaur dies early in the movie in a very tragic / traumatizing natural disaster

- the kid is for whatever reason exiled from his family

- there's is a pack of 3 goofball that bust his chops

- he sees a vision of his ghost dad that gives him the courage and wisdom to conquer his fears and save the day on a mountain during a storm

-he has to use his natural mouth skills to revive a friend

I actually really liked it. but it's literally the lion king
>>
>>77720626
Shame about the villains. The idea of fanatical zealot Pterodactyls sounded great.
>>
>>77721058
Its not for no reason, he runs off to get the critter
>>
Trex cattle ranchers is the raddest idea ever.
>>
>>77720626
So it's what Big Hero 6 should've been?
>>
>>77726044
OP said TGD was actually good, so yes
>>
I just got back from watching it and I loved it. Cried three times.
>>
>>77720626
Were any of the villains played seriously?
>>
>>77726910
Depends what you mean by 'seriously.' They're a little crazy/eccentric, but they're also legitimate threats to the heroes.
>>
Fruit tripping is the best moment in the film. Almost got up and started clapping but someone who isn't as patriotic as me pulled on me to sit back down.
>>
Any Pixar cameos?
>>
>>77720626
>We'll never get Pixar's Devil Dinosaur now.
>>
>>77728095
None from what I can tell. I know some people were hoping for Rex to make an appearance, but he would've really stood out in a bad way.

Only way the cameos would work would be if they were snuck in during the chaotic scenes, such as the sand storm or the floods.
>>
Just watched it myself, overall I'd give it a solid meh/10. It was what you expect it to be.

I by no means hated the movie, but I feel the 80% fresh rating on RT is a bit generous imo.
>>
>>77721058
>it's literally the lion king
This was my biggest problem with the movie. Every single part of the movie is either The Lion King, or something that's taken from another movie. That being said, the visuals are fucking amazing. It's sad that it's being wasted on a been there done that story. I really wanted The Good Dinosaur to be great, but instead it settles for being okay.
>>
>>77721058
hakuna-mattata
>>
This movie had literal God-tier animation, everything, and I mean everything was phenomenal... except for the Dinosaur character models. Theystill bothered me... especially the T-rexs.
>>
Is it like the croods?
>>
>>77720626
First thing you need to know if you go see this movie is that it's a western, set in what looks like the mid-west of what will become part of North America. They could've told this story with a boy who finds a wolf pup and befriends it.

Second thing is that most of the CG animation is photo realistic at best and damned good CG animation at worst. MOST of the animation.

Third thing is that part of the animation, namely, the characters, is ridiculously cartoony. It doesn't stand out most times, but sometimes it really sticks out like a sore thumb, especially when the characters interact with a rock or tree.

Overall, it's not one of Pixar's best movies, but I would put it slightly above Cars.
>>
>>77730629
>slightly above cars

So It's between good and god-tier?
>>
>>77720626
I loved it but deep down its just a glorified tech demo for their water.
I mean Holyshit their water looked so good. They knew that so there were tons of scenes with water.
>>
Where is the pizza planet truck?
>>
>farming dinosaur
>cowboy dinosaur

really OP? why didn't you mentioned any of these?
>>
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
naked Spot, anyone?
>>
>>77731176
Trex Texan cattle Rangers are probably the best part of the movie.

Especially that Butch iso played by Sam Elliott
>>
I wasn't aware the movie even had a villain

I just thought it was Inside Out style
>>
This isn't really convincing to me see this, OP. Like, at all.
>>
Who are the villains in this, anyway? The hick raptors I already know of, but the trailers showed off some pteranodons from what I recall.
>>
>>77732399
I wouldn't. Catch it on tv. Just not that great of a flick
>>
>>77730654

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>77733065
I disagree, it's made for the big screen, moreso than Inside Out was in fact (even if the story isn't as good)
>>
>>77731726
Please post some
>>
>>77721058
>he has to use his natural mouth skills to revive a friend

Son, you've just activated my boner card.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.