[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what did you make of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
So what did you make of it?
>>
His name is lion, but with K.
>>
Cringe.
>>
terrible cg cartoon bullshit animtion style
>>
I thought it was Zuka Zama
>>
Yeah pretty much what I was thinking the whole time. Forced song moments. Awful character designs (Fufi in particular). Bad lines all around. Shitty magical roar signs. Sad state of affairs really.
>>
File: 1380175599976.jpg (38 KB, 262x132) Image search: [Google]
1380175599976.jpg
38 KB, 262x132
>female lion being "queen" of a pride
>main character has a deviant art tier design
Things keep getting worse and worse all the time
>>
>>77718762
>>77719150
Could someone summarize the story for me so I don't have to sit through it?
Thanks, Anon! Love ya~
>>
>>77719213

its shit. the end.
>>
>>77719213
Scar used to be leader of the Lion Guard. He went bad and destroyed the group. Lost his special roar because of it. Now Kion is supposed to be the new Lion Guard leader and protect the pridelands with his friends. He has a magical roar and cutie mark that he prints on his friends. It's all pretty forced and shitty to be honest.
>>
Didn't like any of the new main characters, so therefore didn't care for it.

Hated that they all have stupid catchphrases too. Especially the hippo, what is even the point? It didn't even roll off the tongue.
>>
>>77719337
>magical roar
>cutie mark paw print

Disney is trying way too fucking hard to please the tumblr/Lauren Faust/AT crowd.
>>
>>77719150
All i need to know to avoid this shit like the plague.
>>
>>77718619
It's a cartoon lion, but that's not important right now.
>>
>>77719337
But what's the plot? What crisis requires them to have a new lion guard team after the old one disbanded?
>>
>>77719427
Basically, there needs to be a lion guard to protect the pride land animals from being over-hunted by the outlander predators and keep the circle of life in order.
The main character is charged with forming a new lion guard team, and instead gathers together a rag-tag team of animals with different strengths who inevitably have to prove themselves since they're not lions.
>>
>>77719150
Do SJWs not go to school?
>>
>>77719150
>most of the spotted hyenas are male
>the spotted hyenas are lead by a male
>the cheetah doesn't have the face marking literally all cheetahs have
>>
File: 1397944635976.jpg (27 KB, 330x345) Image search: [Google]
1397944635976.jpg
27 KB, 330x345
>>77721841
>the spotted hyenas are lead by a male
>>
>>77719150
That's just stupid.
>>
>>77718619
The art and animation are good. They managed to copy the original movie pretty well. Writing wasn't terrible but wasn't mature. It has potential
>>
>>77724414

Who cares?
>>
>>77718619
Probably fine for a younger audience.
>>
File: 1429453183305.png (30 KB, 153x214) Image search: [Google]
1429453183305.png
30 KB, 153x214
>>77719150
>>77719376
>>77721775
>>77724414
>/co/ getting mad about the ''SJWs" because of "biological inaccuracy"
>never gets upset about talking lions, Simba's monogamous relationship with Nala, Mufasa's active role in Simba's life, lions being raised by a meerkat and warthog, a lion/warthog living solely off of entomophagy, etc.

I thought SJWs couldn't get jobs because they all majored in gender studies, now they're big enough to control the artistic direction of a major corporation?
>>
>>77724710
the male lion babysits and watches the cubs while the females go out and hunt
>>
>>77718619
What a qwotie, Mark.
>>
>>77724794
Male lions literally sit around all day doing nothing. The closest they get to 'babysitting' is fending off other prides from his females and keeping hyenas away from his food. Male lions will literally let their entire families die before they sacrifice themselves.
>>
File: edger.png (240 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
edger.png
240 KB, 1280x800
>>77724710
>le unpopular onions make me smart
>>
>>77718619

ALL MAGIC FLIES BEFORE ME
>>
>>77725040
No, but the fact I'm right definitely does.
>>
File: chavezyanq.jpg (27 KB, 527x406) Image search: [Google]
chavezyanq.jpg
27 KB, 527x406
>>77724978
>Male lions literally sit around all day doing nothing.
this fucking desinfo shit has been going for ages, not even national geographic does that shit anymore.
male lions hunt and kill prey as well, the only times they "do nothing" is during the rain season (which is almost never) when zebras and gnus pile in front of them to be devoured, Lioness of course are more active and agile than males because most males can double the size of females and consume more energy. and that's why they have to rest a lot.
>>
>>77725402
I'm not putting moral judgements on male lions. It's fine that they're lazy - like you said, it makes a lot of sense biologically. I don't resent male lions for killing cubs, either. They're animals.

Which is basically my entire point, people can't bitch about biological inaccuracy in children's movies about anthropomorphic animals because they're essential humans being judged by human standards.
>>
watching that disney piece of shit instead of the original superior version
>>
File: point and laugh.gif (862 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
point and laugh.gif
862 KB, 500x281
>>77719540
What I thought was kind of humorous is that if they hadn't brought up needing the lion guard in the first place, the vulture wouldn't have flown off and told the hyenas, and none of their shenanigans would even have taken place. Before then, everything seemed fine. So maybe it wasn't even necessary to begin with.
>>
>>77721841
>>77721884
In the defense of that, male hyenas often form their own little clans while they follow or hang not too far from the females.
>>
>>77718619
My first thought on seeing the trailer was that it would inspire a lot of weird fetish art.
>>
>>77718619
It was pretty shit but a lot of the shit is because of the fact it's actually worse than it's prior work. I didn't mind some of the characters and seeing some more active things going on but the music was pretty shit and the hyena design was bad. Also i feel there is a plothole for the second lion king movie somewhere in here but just can't be bothered finding it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.