[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aquamam & DC Slate Rumors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 18
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 620x826) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 620x826
>Orm (Ocean Master) rumored for Aquaman solo villain
>Mera to be non-white, "Khaleesi of the Sea"
>Corroborate rumors of more team-focused slate: Birds of Prey, Titans instead of Cyborg solo, Green Lantern Corps
>Possible gay superhero

I like Orm and the barbarian sea queen idea to match Momoa's Aquaman. I'd welcome Titans over a Vyborg solo. Please let a gay superhero be Apollo/Midnighter since they're looking at duos/teams right now.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-rumored-villain-for-aquaman-meras-role-diversity-in-the-dceu-330
>>
It's been said by some scoopers they'll make the Flash gay.
>>
>>77712710
>non-white Mera
triggered
I like glorious pale red head Mera
>>
Why does Hollywood hate redheads?
>>
Roven said they've only just began developing the story and James Wann hasn't even gotten involved in production yet. I doubt they've settled on a villain or who they are going to cast.

That being said Id love for them cast Jessica Chastain or Rebecca Fergusson as Mera. I really hope they won't go non-white for her.
>>
>No superior redhead Mera

Dropped.
>>
>>77712710
I fucking hate this idea of putting Gay Superheroes. I feel as though its so forced in today's society. If they're going to put a Gay superhero, why not put a character that's already gay in the first place? (i.e Renee Montoya, Midnighter/Apollo, Batwoman) Just don't fuck up my favorite characters by making them want DICK.

>inb4 Grayson storytime.
>>
>Possible gay superhero

That's been known since the start. It's Batman.
>>
Whoever is picked for Mera, she better be already in love with Arthur when movie starts.
>>
>>77712852
This is so fucking gay
>>
>Jimmy Olsen
>Iris West
>Mera

Thank god Lex is too bald to be a redhead.
>>
>no redhead Mera

But why? Aren't they a bigger minority than dark skinned people?
>>
Just because she isn't white doesn't mean she isn't redhead baka desu senpai
>>
>>77712852
>reading that leak
>Hunter Zolomon is gay for Barry and wants to ruin his life
>Barry is gay for some ugly male version of Iris loser
TRIGGERED FOREVER
>>
>>77712916
It didn't say they were changing someone gay (this isn't Marvel). It said there was consideration to having one around. So Montoya Question, Batwoman, Apollo and Midnighter are possibilities for showing up if they decide to include one.
>>
>>77712932
FUCKING PREACH MAN!
We got enough ackward romance bullshit ruining mythological epics In Thor for a life time.
>>
>>77712852

>Flash gay
>no Bart Allen
>no relationship with Iris

jesus christ, I hope those are just rumours. I'd say they should make Cyborg, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle or Beastboy gay
>>
>Lois is now a redhead

>with all the stacked redheads in hollywood, they can't just walk up and ask Christina Hendricks or that chick from Jurassic World to be Mera
>>
>>77712949

that's why those assholes won't use them. they only cater to larger minorities like faggots, niggers and spics
>>
>>77712949
They said she's gonna be the Khaleesi of the Sea. Although she might not be considered "white" in the sense that she's of European descent. She might be of lighter skin color but from more of a Middle Eastern ancestry.

Honestly, I don't care as long as we get some fine ass bitch in some skin tight suit getting butt fucked by Aquaman.
>>
>>77712710
Fucking americucкs and their obsession over sex and "race". It's disgusting. Just make a blockbuster movie with trans niggers cast and get over it
>>
>>77713020
I'd go diamond if movie starts with Arthur as king.
>>
>>77712856
>>77712874
Hair dye exists
>>
>>77712941
Well, yes, that's the point.
>>
>>77713031
She'll just become Ian West.
>>
>>77713144

jesus fucking christ

what about bart etc? how can there be a heritage if the dude is a fag?
>>
>>77712710
Jesus. Is this a way to email these sacks of shits? I want to tell them how much of a disservice they are to society and how much they're killing the advancement of comics into mainstream households and underground pubs. Can we really count on the DC execs and everyone in Warner Bros to do the right thing and allow us to be plunged into mediocrity and self-imposed idiocy. I demand we hire people who actually know something about comics and not just the added knowledge of the DC wiki hivemind.
>>
File: 1423063505012.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1423063505012.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>77712710
I guess as confirmed as a rumor can be...
>>
>>77712916
Got you covered, anon.
>>77708829

Shitposting aside, all I'm saying:
Scott Eastwood, possibly playing Grayson.
Gay superhero could totally be Midnighter.

Honestly though, an Apollo/Midnighter movie would be way too hard to sell... but I would watch the hell out of it (or just make it somewhat like the New 52 Stormwatch except with better costumes, like going as far as including Martain Manhunter and stuff).

Apollo/Dick/Middy movie when? Hell, when does this happen in Grayson or Midnighter?
>>
>>77713178
What is sidekick? What is being inspired by hero?
>>
>>77713178
Adoption, bro.

I mean, it's 2015.
>>
>>77713196
Eastwood is not Grayson.

I don't know what's more baffingly persistent, this, "Dan Amboyer is Hal Jordan" or "The Joker is Jason Todd".
>>
>>77713253
Affleck is Deathstroke pretending to be Batman.
>>
>>77713178
The movies won't ever get far enough for that. The show can do that. I expect that Wally will have to take over as the main character of the show in a few seasons, right around the time the movie comes out. So the show can have anything from Bart to Don and Dawn, while the movie has gay!Barry.
>>
>>77713253
Stop crushing my hopes, anon. I'm struggling to hold on to my hopes as it is.
>>
File: 1445317014195.jpg (29 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1445317014195.jpg
29 KB, 210x230
>>77712710
>>Mera to be non-white, "Khaleesi of the Sea"
>>
>>77712852
There are also casting rumors for Iris.
>>
>>77713213

are you dense?

his name is fucking bart allen, how can you change shit like that?

>>77713281

>Wally will have to take over as the main character of the show in a few seasons

you're delusiounal if you actually believe that. there's no way CW will let go of Grant Gustin. He has a huge fanbase and the show runs on that

the show has established different universes so there you go
>>
>>77713107
Fuck off. Only Caucasians and some mongoloids can be true redheads.
>>
>>77713387
Being there doesn't necessarily mean being the love interest. Gay dudes need BFFs.
>>
File: 051.jpg (714 KB, 2400x3600) Image search: [Google]
051.jpg
714 KB, 2400x3600
>>77712931
This.

And we all know who he's pining after.
>>
>>77712710
>Mamoa tries to distance himself from Khal Drogo
>Gets cast as Aquaman
>Love interest ends up being "Khaleesi of the Sea"
lel

I'm okay with all these things, as long as it means we get to have redhead Mera. A Titans movie instead of Cyborg makes sense, seeing how his first solo, while good, hasn't been out for a year yet.
>>
>>77713607
It's clear he's just going to be underwater Khal Drogo with less rape and more words.
>>
>>77712710
>>Mera to be non-white

If she is Asian, polynesean, or filipino i'm ok with it. As long as she is not black.

Japan, hawai, the flips, and chile have all that sea mythology stuff.
>>
A Titans movie would explain why the show went silent but would this mean Vic is both a Leaguer and a Titan?
>>
>>77712710
Gov't tries to make their own Batman and Superman after the JL forms and the general success of the Suicide Squad.

That's good settup for an Apollo and Midnighter film, even has a reason to involve more wildstorm stuff like Bendix.
>>
>>77712916
If the rumors about Birds of Prey are true, it's a safe bet it's refering to either Batwoman, Montoya or both
>>
>>77713607
Mera will be black, since DC turns all of their red-heads black during the transition from page to screen. mera will follow in the footsteps of black Wally West and black Jimmy Olsen
>>
>>77713643
be a much better film if they went with more rape and less words
>>
>>77713701
>Batman/Montoya
>>
>>77712852
Unless they're shipping him with Hal, no thanks.
>>
>>77712710
Aaand im out.
>>
>>77713471
Yeah fucking right. We'll be getting superior World's Finest b/romance.
>>
File: Thor_poster.jpg (153 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Thor_poster.jpg
153 KB, 300x445
>>77712710
>two superhuman brothers from a long forgotten mythical civilization battle for the throne

HEY WAIT A MINUTE
>>
>>77713687
He could have his origins partially explained in BvS/JL (ex: he gets injured as collateral damage) and using that to segue into the Titans. The way it's looking, Justice League is only going to have a core five (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash). Those are the only ones to have solos. After the universe is established, everything else is team or duo based. Shazam is late on the schedule, guessing that's going to be a Billy/Adam vs to duo movie or they do the entire Marvel and Black Marvel family.
>>
Latina redhead when?
>>
File: 1448040638800.png (187 KB, 503x501) Image search: [Google]
1448040638800.png
187 KB, 503x501
>>77713569
I'm not even involved with this conversation, but you seem really butthurt right now.

K bye.
>>
I don't know why, but for some reason I always pictured Atlanteans as being Asian.
>>
>turn blonde character into Jason Momoa and whatever his race is
>turn Mera non-white too

Why are they doing this
>>
>>77713875
Afraid of Aryan Atlantean.
>>
>>77713067
Jesus Christ are you 12?
>>
File: image.png (116 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116 KB, 400x225
Brown sea barbarian sorceress with glowy magic tattoos? I'll be into that.
>>
>>77713886
Do you know where you are?
>>
>>77713607
>A Titans movie instead of Cyborg makes sense, seeing how his first solo, while good, hasn't been out for a year yet.
And it'll be like four years old by the time they start working on the solo itself

Unless of course they go the Captain Marvel way and relaunch it two times between now and the movie
>>
Did we have a chance to talk about this? I didn't want to make a thread because CW hype will just lead to it getting shitposted, but as someone bracing to be disappointed in BvS, just about everything said by Ben about BvS and Tsujihara actually instilled a bit of faith in me.

>“I think there is a ton of pressure on it,” Affleck said of the film, in which he plays Batman. “I mean I would be bulls—ting you to say there isn’t.”

>The actor-director spoke about how much he has enjoyed working with Tsujihara and how deeply involved the studio boss has been in the making of the superhero franchise picture and how he believes pushing the film into 2016 will pay off, big time.

>Affleck said the press has had a lot to say about the struggles of many Warners’ films in 2015, but predicted that “Batman v Superman” will help launch a turnaround at the studio.

>“You’ll see next year they are going to have a great year,” Affleck said. “They are now developing … probably the single greatest under-exploited IP asset in the entertainment business, the DC comic world. And now they have started to exploit that and you are going to see that blossom. And, when it does, it’s going to be massive.”

>The Batman star praised Tsujihara for his deep involvement in “Batman v Superman,” which started with script meetings for the film.

>“I was really impressed by that and by the intelligence of his notes, and the fact that he cared,” said Affleck. “It was not like some guys, especially at that level, where it would be, ‘We need a franchise movie … we just need a movie with the names ‘Batman’ and ‘Superman’ on it and it doesn’t matter what it is. For him, that wasn’t it. He was willing to take longer to make the movie to get it right to make it a movie of higher quality.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/batman-v-superman-ben-affleck-dc-spinoffs-1201647796/
>>
File: 154_0_paloma.jpg (40 KB, 320x470) Image search: [Google]
154_0_paloma.jpg
40 KB, 320x470
>>77713848
Could be better than white redhead 2bh
>>
>>77713884
I understand the historical context of making Aquaman Aryan, but ultimately, it isn't an important part of his character.

I mean, they never really bring it up in universe.
>>
>>77713945
BvS and CW are shaping up to be good. I'm proud.
>>
>>77713965
The only time when it was brought up in-universe was the alternate Aquaman from Pax Americana, if my memory serves me well
>>
>>77713965
Just saying, they're spicing up Arthur's, and probably Mera's, race because omg white people!
And since they don't have that much of following, nobody will give a fuck.
>>
>>77713996
Aquaman was in Pax Americana?

Fuck, I don't even remember that.
>>
>>77714011
don't try to reason with brainwashed urbanite 20-somethings.
>>
>>77712710
>>Mera to be non-white, "Khaleesi of the Sea"

Will they make her like Aquawoman from Earth-2?
>>
>>77713822
>Ocean Master
Hemsworth would've been a great Arthur, though.
>>
>>77714011
Personally, I always imagined the Atlanteans as anything BUT white.
>>
>>77714087
Depends on setting. Marvel's are blueskinned.
>>
>>77714020
Yeah, he has a grand total of one scene where he talks about how Atlantis only survived because due to their appearence nazis assumed they're ancient Aryans or something. He was also named Underwaterman there.
>>
>>77714011
It's a cool idea to make them pseudo-Polynesian though. The culture is very attuned to the sea due to island life. Brings up all sorts of fun questions like if their culture was shaped by early contact with Atlanteans, if they're descended from or have had some crossbreeding with, etc.
>>
>>77714121
Oh, I think you meant MasterMen, not Pax Americana.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 600x800
Stand aside fuckers. Ocean Master coming through.
>>
File: 3689944-midnighter.jpg (379 KB, 900x1390) Image search: [Google]
3689944-midnighter.jpg
379 KB, 900x1390
>>77712710
>Gay superhero

They need him
>>
>>77714122
Of course, it's cool idea. But there's also not muh factor.
>>
>>77712710
>There are people excited for this when Manu Bennet and Jason Momoa, two of the shittiest actors you could find, are the headliners.
>>
>>77714186
Well, that's just like, you know, your opinion, man.
>>
ALRIGHT!
I WILL TOLERATE THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT IF THEY DO THE FOLLOWING THINGS IN RETURN.
> Paula Patton plays Mera and her Hair is died a dark ruby crimson.
> She is extremely sexualized.
> She and Aquaman are already married or at least in a relationship.
> Them breaking up or possibly breaking up is not a plot point.
> She is treated as a equal to Arthur like in the new 52 and is given tons of screen time.
> They give her the green scale outfit (with serious cleavage), fucking seriously it's not that unrealistic. Think a green metalic or rubber version of pic related just full body.
>>
>>77714087
I think of them as being very pale if they don't go to the surface and isolate themselves. Not much sun at the bottom of the ocean.
>>
>>77712710
No sir i dont like it
>>
>>77713783
Sorry but Hal's Sinestro's bitch.
>>
>>77714369
You are the epitome of an entitled fantard.
>>
>>77714413
Except for a titans movie but im pretty sure theyre gona go by Titans instead of Teen Titans because no camp allowed
>>

So they're modeling her after the worst character on GoT? Bravo, DC.
>>
>>77714165
I always assumed Urban was a manlet for some reason
>>
>>77714481
Both are big guys.
>>
>>77712710
> wanting apollo or middy

Didn't the nu 52 teach you anything?
>>
>>77714165

>Urban: 6'1''
>Momos: 6'4''

Momoa has been a secret manlet this whole time.
>>
>>77713945
>probably the single greatest under-exploited IP asset in the entertainment business, the DC comic world.

And, that's only because Marvel lit a fire under their asses. Not even console wars, I'm a DC stan, just frustrated they wouldn't feature superhero IPs other than Sups or Bats until now.
>>
>>77714447
Since when is Emilia Clarke "non-White"?
>>
File: StanLee.jpg (14 KB, 230x309) Image search: [Google]
StanLee.jpg
14 KB, 230x309
>>77714597

>I'm a DC stan

Just die already, you decrepid lich
>>
>>77713666
I can dig it.
>>
>>77713695
>Government made Apollo/Middy in reaction to Justice League

I like this. Makes sense.
>>
>>77714597
Since the 80s with lifetime gross:

Supergirl ($14mil)
Howard the Duck ($38mil)
Return of Swamp Thing ($193k)
Captain America 1990 ($675k)
The Crow ($145mil)
Tank Girl ($4mil)
Judge Dredd ($113mil)
Barb Wire ($3mil)
Crow: City of Angels ($18mil)
Spawn ($88mil)
Steel ($1.7mil)
Blade ($131mil)
Blade II ($155mil)
Daredevil ($179mil)
Hulk ($245mil)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ($179mil)
Hellboy ($99mil)
The Punisher ($55mil)
Catwoman ($82mil)

I'd list more into the 2000s, but I'm tired of typing. Basically general audiences being receptive to secondary characters is a very recent phenomena (like, the last couple of years) outside of a couple outliers like TMNT and X-Men, who had long running cartoons prior. MCU Captain America and Thor didn't do too hot on their first outings either. You can't blame them for straying from Superman and Batman till now.
>>
>>77714997
You're ignoring the fact that most of those moves you posted were shit and the ones that weren't were generally profitable enough for sequels.
>>
>>77715104
Even the ones that got sequel support (Blade, Crow, Hellboy, etc.) floated around the $100mil range and were minor successes. Secondary comic character success was more or less either lightning in a bottle (Iron Man) or had a preexisting foundation extensively built (long TMNT/X-Men cartoon runs).

Even Captain America and Thor's first movies were lower to middling by today's blockbuster standards ($370mil/449mil). They did better in later movies in part because they were mashed together with Iron Man in Avengers.
>>
Anybody got the "More Aquaman Than Human" image? It always gives me a laugh
>>
>>77712856
Is it weird I always pictured Daenerys as a redhead?
>>
>>77712710
If Mera isn't a red head I am fucking out. Her fury comes from her crotch. Come the fuck on DC, red heads are 2-6% of the world's population. That's a minority.

Surely they wouldn't be this retarded and piss off us Aquaman and Mera fans in a fucking Aquaman movie? We are the only ones hyped.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 600x404
>>77715525
Forgot to add. George Miller's Justice League would have had DC put out all sorts of secondary characters since it built up a large prexisting foundation with Superfriends and the JL cartoons in the 90s. Along with containing Superman, Batman snd Wonder Woman. So DC was trying, but you can blame the writers strike for it never going through. Shit like that happens for all sorts of creative projects all the time.
>>
>People now pretending Mera is an important character

My sides!
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 400x600
Well hopefully if we bitch enough about this they will make her red headed. This is completely unacceptable and I won't see the movie. Red heads are one of the smallest minority's and Mera's anger comes from her red hair.
>>
>>77715827
Mera is one of DCs most important heroines and has been seen her revamp in the New 52.

Where the fuck have you been faggot? Just cause you don't read comics doesn't make something not true bitch boy.
>>
File: 153214213132.jpg (80 KB, 540x566) Image search: [Google]
153214213132.jpg
80 KB, 540x566
>>77715880

Calm down fanboy.
>>
>>77715905
Go jump up and down on a spiked dildo.

Mera is the only beacon of hope we have that every girl doesn't have to be brainwashed into hating her spouse.
>>
>>77715880
lololol
she's a what now?
>>
well they already raceswapped aquaman so I'm not surprised about mera
>>
>>77715922

>Mera is one of the most important heroines in DC

Ha ha ha ha ha
>>
>>77715970

It makes more sense for him to be Polynesian and look more like a Samoan than a Nordic dude from Iceland.
>>
>>77713945
wow so the suits are already in control of BvS
I guess its too be expected since Snyder and Goyer shit the bed so bad with Mos
>>
>>77716014
Yeah, because Atlantis is in Pacific.
>>
>>77715935
>>77715989
>I don't read comics let me pretend like I know anything

Shoo shoo trolls back to your bridges
>>
This Mera news is disappointing. Why ruin such a visually striking character.
>>
So I guess the next run of Dc movies are gonna be shit this decade just like last decade too.
Everything is coming up Marvel.
>>
>>77716041

>He doesn't agree with me therefore he's trolling

Lal, if I go out and ask someone random to name me ten...heck even 20 DC female characters, Mera will not be one of them. She's literally a Z - character.
>>
>>77713067
So she's gonna be an ocean jew?
>>
>>77716335
Marvel always wins baby!
>>
>>77716335

Captain America : Civil War

Directed by: Michael Bay
>>
>>77716152
>news
Rumor
Stoo treating rumors as fact
>>
>>77716950
>implying news has to be true
>>
File: easter-island-heads.jpg (99 KB, 575x504) Image search: [Google]
easter-island-heads.jpg
99 KB, 575x504
>>77714122
>>77714087
>>77714020
>>77714056
>>77713996
>>77713965

You guys still don't get it?

There's a character called "President of Chile". Portrayed by Meighan Gerachis.
Aquaman is Polynesean
Mera won't be white and probably will be polynesean.
Pic related is the most famous part of Chile, their polynesean island. My bet is that Atlanteans were related to this and that something happens in south america with Aquaman as a small cameo on BvS.
>>
>>77716041
>johnsfags
Mera is irrelevant
>>77716014
Not really, Atlantis was in the Atlantic, not in the pacific. It makes more sense for them to be greek looking. But also all aquaman had been part anglo. And being Blonde is big part of Aquaman's mythos, as Blonde hair was considered either a bad omen or a curse.
>>
>>77712852
They should just do live action Hal/Barry
>>
>>77717137
Godammit, I know it won't be a reality but I want this
>>
>>77712852
>Its been said by dumbasses on 4chan that the Flash is gay because the actor likes dicks occasionally.

Fify
>>
File: 1372535792454.jpg (47 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
1372535792454.jpg
47 KB, 500x339
>>77712916
>52+ universes
>One of them has gay heroes
>triggered

Just roll with it.
>>
>>77715827

Just like muh Mandarin.
>>
>>77715789

They're white. They don't count as a minority.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.