[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he so perfect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 2char15.jpg (41 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
2char15.jpg
41 KB, 500x400
Why is he so perfect?
>>
Noo, only Megatron is perfect, yesss
>>
Because he's packing a big spitting snake.
>>
>>77706960
>>77706960
you're confusing quick strike with inferno.
>>
>>77707209
Inferno was the best.

>Pain is my friend allow me to introduce you do it.
>>
>>77707266
It's surprising that Inferno's toy shelfwarmed to the extent it did given his character. I struggle to imagine anyone who has seen him on the show not wanting that toy.
>>
>>77707307
well, it was an ant. ant doesnt exactly = cool
>>
>>77706939
BEAST WAAAAARS!
>>
>>77706939
>got keked by Silverbolt
Nah
>>
>>77707970
>large sized toy
>clear red plastic, clear plastic was hot tits back then
>>flamethrower
>working mandibles
>rocket abdomen spins around like in show
It was a top tier BW considering he was both a mook and an ant.
Then again he was competent and threatening during his first few appearances, then became a jobbing goon with Megatron homolust.
>>
>>77709519
A bit of trivia: Hasbro were originally planning on making Inferno the new Megatron toy.
>>
>>77711777
What? Not sure what you are saying here exactly. Do you mean that megatron was going to have inferno's design originally?
>>
>>77706960
I used to own that figure
>>
>>77706939

Man, I had his toy when I was a kid. I remember that you could fill the cobra head with water to make it spit it like if it was acid.

Damn, I miss all my BW toys.
>>
File: RampageBW-Legends.jpg (93 KB, 400x535) Image search: [Google]
RampageBW-Legends.jpg
93 KB, 400x535
Superior
>>
>>77706939
Quickstrike had the worst fucking robot form
>>
>>77711872
Hasbro were going to release Inferno's toy as another Megatron toy. He'd had the Gator flipchanger and the ultra T.rex, so logically a fireant would be a good next step.

Fortunately they realised that logic was a tad flawed and we ended up with Inferno the insane fireant instead.
>>
>>77711872
Not him, but Inferno was originally going to just be Megatrons next form.

Also still, ant =/= cool, you gotta think like a kid to understand such stupid things. Kids kill ants, not cool...wasps, spiders, they have stingers/fangs as a kid would put it, so they are cool
>>
>>77712074
>>77712128
I'm really doubting this whole "Inferno was meant to be Megatron thing"

The face is just totally different
>>
>>77712149
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?hl=en#!topic/alt.toys.transformers/szTUVRTiarQ

That's an interview with Bob Forward, one of Beast Wats' head writers. Read the question towards the end about killing characters off.
>>
>>77712317
Weird.

It must have been really early on because so much of Inferno's design is comedy.

Like his rocket-ass resembling a bustle. It's to go with his gender recognition difficulties.
Man that'd never fly these days.
>>
>>77712401
For the colony!
>>
>>77712149
He was though, who knows if he had a different face originally
>>
>>77712149
They did reference that in the show when they switched heads for a quick gag.
>>
> TFW I had both him and Megatron's figures as a birthday gift one year.

Getting shit as a kid was great, now i just throw money out whenever i want. Nothing i buy feels great anymore.
>>
>>77711958
>acid
Why not type something more fitting, like venom?

Anyway, yeah it's a fun toy but the one I have can't do it because the little tube sits too high up in the mouth. Also, screw whoever decided to make this thing out of brittle see-through plastic and make the joints overly rectangular and tight as fuck, it cracked right at the first transformation. Even on stock photos the figure is broken.
>>
>>77709519
Can't talk out of experience, but a lot of folks say the toy was pretty lame. The ant can't stand, the colors are pretty dull overall and he doesn't come with his signature flamethrower, only some claw weapon and a tiny generic gun.

I wouldn't complain if it ever dropped into my hands from the sky though.
>>
>>77715178
A lot of those Beast War toys were brittle and broke with age. That damn clear and gold plastic. It's so fucking rare to find a Transmetal Megatron figure that isn't broken in half
>>
>>77706939
He's a dumb trigger-happy asshole who talks like a stereotypical cowboy, what's not to like?
And his transformation is a scorpion with a cobra for a tail, for a ten years old that's the dopest shit ever.
>>
>>77715648
Also all the flaking chrome. That's a real shame because the designs for a lot of 'em still hold up, it's the materials that are the problem. If they still had all the molds, they could easily rerelease many of them with minor fixes, like more durable plastic, some re-sculpted joints and replacing the chrome with shiny paint.

Not that I collect TFs anymore, I got tired of all the flaking and breaking, and my wallet couldn't handle this hobby. Oh, and as a yurofag, I wouldn't be able to buy them locally anyway.
>>
>there will never be a modern cgi remake
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXH9wVLHV5M
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.