[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>leave /co/ for three months >come back and its shittier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (2 MB, 1364x854) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1364x854
>leave /co/ for three months
>come back and its shittier
What happened
>>
File: Harvy kek.jpg (128 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Harvy kek.jpg
128 KB, 1920x1080
>>77706629
You came back.
>>
File: 1445220695206.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1445220695206.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>77706629
You are just out of touch with the board. Also not comics or cartoons.
>>
>>77706629
Perspective?
I haven't noticed much of a change besides a bit less bait because summer ended.
>>
I've actually noticed a lot more shitposters popping out lately.
>>
>>77706629
Everyone outright refuses to watch cartoons/read comics, so they have nothing to talk about, thus they just spend all their time shitposting.
>>
>>77706629
I've been busy myself, but I've noticed a sharp decline in the amount of storytimes around here.
>>
>>77706629
Your mom bribed a hundred shitposters with sex.
>>
>leave /co/ for 3 years
>come back and it's better

Not in every way but I left at the height of ponydom.
>>
>>77706629
marvel decided to kill off the x-men and x-fags are angry and nobody likes inhumans except for ms marvel
>>
File: FOZj05l.png (89 KB, 249x281) Image search: [Google]
FOZj05l.png
89 KB, 249x281
>>77706629
I've watched it slowly die for years and yet I still come back. Why?
>>
>>77706640
First post best post.
>>
>>77706629
Yeah, okay, so maybe his art was nothing special. But he was still good, dammit. Fucking hell.
>>
>>77706629
FUCK YOU HITLER!
REMEMBER THE HALL OF COST, TEN MILLION HAMBOIGAS!
>>
/co/ is better than ever now with the generals under control and the shitposting curtailed
>>
>>77706643
>Also not comics or cartoons.
The true illness which plagues /co/.
>>
>>77706629
Fuck off Stan
>>
>>77707365
>I've noticed a sharp decline in the amount of storytimes around here
As someone that used to storytime almost daily, I don't do that as much anymore because they seem to generally get a lot less attention than they used to, easily dieing off sans the occasional person just bumping and not contributing discussion of any kind. Then when you've got people coming into the threads to shitpost about how storytimers are "shills" because they're storytiming a Marvel comic or storytiming something that was already done recently.

Storytimes are just less fun to do than they used to be. More shitposters than discussion. Barely any posts meanwhile the daily Squirrel Girl storytimes. Anons posting images in the storytime then when asked to stop until it's over, proceeding to spam the storytime with images just to be a dick. People outright demanding storytimes in threads and acting like they're entitled to them.

General discourse and posting quality on /co/ has gone into /v/-tier territory (Actually worse since at least /v/ cares about games) in the few years, since around 2012 but didn't get unbearable until the past year. Which generally was until the past few months since you could just stick to things like the shelf threads, storytimes, and the less obviously bait threads, but the general user base has just gotten to the point where, at least for me, doing storytimes feels less likely giving back to the community and trying to foster discussion about a work with fellow comic readers, and more like wasting time and effort on trying to please a bunch of crying, entitled assholes who'd rather complain about how bad everything is than enjoy something good.

Be the change you want to see and all that, but you have to want to change and current /co/ seems to actively enjoy being a den of trolls and shitposting that cares more about crying about SJWs than talking about comics.

I don't know how the cartoon threads are since I don't usually check them out.
>>
>>77708098
>I don't know how the cartoon threads are since I don't usually check them out.

Pretty much the same but with more waifuposting.
>>
>>77706629
>>leave /co/ for three months
>>come back and its shittier
>What happened
Implying /co/ wasn't already shit...
>>
>>77708098
I'm sorry to hear about the /co/mic community. I was hoping that it would be going better for you guys.

As for the cartoon side of /co/? I'd say the tumblr SJW shit flinging has gotten significantly worse. Everybody seems so eager to kill any form of discussion on cartoons they don't enjoy by screaming irrational nonsense, and the thin skinned reactionary fans of these cartoons can't help but to reply to them, humoring these idiots, thus sealing the thread's fate in becoming a cyber battleground for drooling retards. What's worse is that people will recreate these threads multiple times a day.
>>
>>77706629
No good cartoons to talk about only endless avalanche of capeshit.
>>
>>77706629
Without your glowing presence, we lost our way.

Please OP, bring back the greatness of... late August? WTF happened in late August?
>>
File: image.jpg (467 KB, 2239x1315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
467 KB, 2239x1315
>>77708098
>>77709789
>cartoon side of /co/
>>
>Leave /co/ for three seconds
>Come back and this shit is still on page one.
What didn't happen?
>>
>>77709789
From what I've seen, the cartoon side is just filled with TV show wars, especially when it comes to Steven Universe and Teen Titans Go, where both groups can be extremely obnoxious. It tends to start in an unrelated thread where a fan, or troll, will insert the show into the discussion without cause, which will then "trigger" the haters to get mad and start an argument and derail the thread.

On the bright side, waifufags seem to be more contained in their own threads instead of derailing others with their sub-par smut.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.